PDA

View Full Version : Gifting: Select/Deselect all

imnotbernard959
11-11-11, 05:23 PM
there should be an option to select/unselect all option for gifting. i have like 60 neighbors and i hate clicking each one

imnotbernard959
11-11-11, 07:55 PM
this also applies to material requests. i just asked my 98 (i counted lol) friends for a part and got a message saying i already asked 96 of them today

lehcar1
11-11-11, 08:31 PM
^ This would be nice. It'd be nice to gift coins instead :)

98 individual boxes to check!? That's why I try one box first to make I haven't already requested. ;)

missrose12
11-11-11, 11:50 PM
yes much needed!

ariesblu
11-12-11, 12:16 AM
It's been proposed before, but I'm not sure if it's being seriously considered.

imnotbernard959
11-12-11, 12:20 AM
It's been proposed before, but I'm not sure if it's being seriously considered.

i know. just hoping if more people propose it, it might be seriously considered

bletchingdon
11-12-11, 12:21 AM
I does take forever to acept all your gifts.

Mindslicer
11-12-11, 12:37 AM
I also have made a post suggesting this same thing I have 184 friends lol so it takes forever to gift and request parts I do realize I can still only receive 20 parts per day through requests. But I still request from every neighbor to get the parts faster.

imnotbernard959
11-12-11, 01:09 AM
yeah, me too

swtie101
11-12-11, 12:15 PM
this also applies to material requests. i just asked my 98 (i counted lol) friends for a part and got a message saying i already asked 96 of them today

I agree. I count mine too (why; I don't know), but it is so time consuming. It would benefit my nbrs more if we had a select/deselect all button!

Mindslicer
11-12-11, 01:36 PM
You don't have to individually count your neighbors go to your profile screen (where you can change your RS name) and it tell you how many neighbors you have :)

bkr45678
11-13-11, 10:48 PM
We also need a 'visit next neighbor' button whilst tipping. I have 157 neighbors and I do tip them all each day, and i hate getting kicked back up to the top of the list and having to scroll down all the time. Would also make it easier to individually send items they request.

dblbarj
11-14-11, 06:17 AM
What about some new food gifts in RS? I'm bored sending these basic items and parts add up and sit there.

NikkiDai
11-14-11, 11:50 AM
We also need a 'visit next neighbor' button whilst tipping. I have 157 neighbors and I do tip them all each day, and i hate getting kicked back up to the top of the list and having to scroll down all the time. Would also make it easier to individually send items they request.

This is a great idea.

barleycoon
11-14-11, 12:14 PM

That's such a great idea,sometimes it stays at the last nbr you tipped.it does take alot longer when you have to scroll down.I'd love a tick to show to say you've tipped/watered etc that nbr,that would really help too.

nmishii
11-14-11, 12:25 PM
With the new gifting changes, it would make gifting even more of a pain than it is now. People with hundreds and thousands of neighbors would gift all their neighbors now, making it so that people would get the maxed out message a lot more.

Before the constructables, I gifted one gift to all my neighbors. Now I send materials as gifts to those neighbors who have requested them for gifts. They are building different things, which requires different materials, so sometimes I'll give 2-3 different parts and a non-part item to my neighbors. This button is not convenient in this case.

DaojinWildfire
11-14-11, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. This is been suggested before, but we'll forward your interest to the development team again.

Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread)

popostanly
11-14-11, 03:19 PM
I used to do that too however now, I only tip and send gifts to the people who tip and gift me. This way I am not giving anything away that I don't get in return.

Rachael98
11-14-11, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. This is been suggested before, but we'll forward your interest to the development team again.

Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread)

Can you add in a threat of...that goose waste that GM walks past, so that it actually happens? It's been requested since...truthfully, since TL came into existence really:).

imnotbernard959
11-14-11, 05:05 PM
i gift all my neighbors stew unless they comment asking for a specific part. a select/deselect all button is there as an option, not to force you to give the same gift to everyone.

Mindslicer
11-15-11, 12:07 AM
Can you add in a threat of...that goose waste that GM walks past, so that it actually happens? It's been requested since...truthfully, since TL came into existence really:).

What are you takin about?

lukesolo
11-15-11, 02:44 AM
Absolutely, especially when u have over 250 nbrs.......... sending gifts will be a nightmare......

imnotbernard959
12-13-11, 08:56 PM
manual update in app store to get this feature. finally TL -.-

imnotbernard959
12-13-11, 08:57 PM

i say finally because i deleted like 2/3 of my neighbors after getting sick of gifting all. now all we need is an auto-tip feature

ariesblu
12-13-11, 10:26 PM
Can't wait until it travels to both platforms.

pinkster73
12-13-11, 10:33 PM
What are you takin about?

He's referring to a picture GM posted a while back of Canadian geese

weeenn_less
12-13-11, 11:39 PM
Yes..Yes...Im very hate to clicking it one by one as currently have 180 neighbors!!!!!
Agree for imnotbernard959 comments.

RoseMiti
12-14-11, 02:47 AM
I don't like this new gifting feature, because I do look at my neighbours' shops to look for constructibles or what kind of food/clothes they have. Also, some nbrs ask for specific gifts. With this feature, I have to "unclick" all the other nbrs in the list when I gift them.

caprimom
12-14-11, 08:39 AM
I don't like this new gifting feature, because I do look at my neighbours' shops to look for constructibles or what kind of food/clothes they have. Also, some nbrs ask for specific gifts. With this feature, I have to "unclick" all the other nbrs in the list when I gift them.

I don't like it either for this very reason! Please make a toggle button: select all/deselect all. Giving us the opposite of what we had before doesn't solve the problem, esp for those who don't mass gift. Mass gifters are in heaven though hmm?

kooky panda
12-14-11, 09:15 AM
I agree, alot of people in the past have requested a mark all button so you can random gift everyone the same thing, but I find this new way where everyone is automatically checked very time consuming, because I normally like to send the ppl the same gift they send me.
Also when I am building something and I need 5 of this and 5 of that, I like to send different requests to different players so I do not end up with 100 of one items and none of the other times for the day.

I would like to see a mark all/unmark all button. I have passed this suggestion on to GM.

imnotbernard959
12-14-11, 04:30 PM
Although this new system isn't ideal, it works for me and everyone else who gifts the same thing to everyone. I think that those who want to gift specific parts to neighbors should deselect those neighbors and later, you can't regift the other neighbors anyway. This will take some getting used to, but I think the new system will save all of us a little bit more time.

To TL: we still want a select all BUTTON, which will make it easier to please EVERYONE

sehana
12-14-11, 05:41 PM
agree!! :) a button option would be better.

pastrychef17
12-14-11, 05:43 PM
Although this new system isn't ideal, it works for me and everyone else who gifts the same thing to everyone. I think that those who want to gift specific parts to neighbors should deselect those neighbors and later, you can't regift the other neighbors anyway. This will take some getting used to, but I think the new system will save all of us a little bit more time.

To TL: we still want a select all BUTTON, which will make it easier to please EVERYONE

I think the issue is not everyone gifts the same thing to everyone. Ever since the new appliances came out, I've had a flurry of requests for specific parts from my neighbors. They don't all want the same thing and I'm happy to fulfill their requests. They're all (mostly) good neighbors who also fulfill my specific request so I want to do the same for them. The ideal solution is when you go to gift a certain neighbor a specific gift, they show up at the top as checked, all the other neighbors are UNCHECKED and you have the option to check the others if you want to gift them the same part or leave them unchecked if you want to send them a different gift later on. The way it works now, you have to go through and uncheck everyone. Not practical for someone like me who only has 50-60 neighbors, much less people who have many more neighbors than that.

GroupMagma
12-14-11, 06:20 PM
I agree, alot of people in the past have requested a mark all button so you can random gift everyone the same thing, but I find this new way where everyone is automatically checked very time consuming, because I normally like to send the ppl the same gift they send me.
Also when I am building something and I need 5 of this and 5 of that, I like to send different requests to different players so I do not end up with 100 of one items and none of the other times for the day.

I would like to see a mark all/unmark all button. I have passed this suggestion on to GM.

I've let the devs know about this as well. Thanks guys.

3squares
12-15-11, 08:27 AM
I think the issue is not everyone gifts the same thing to everyone. Ever since the new appliances came out, I've had a flurry of requests for specific parts from my neighbors. They don't all want the same thing and I'm happy to fulfill their requests. They're all (mostly) good neighbors who also fulfill my specific request so I want to do the same for them. The ideal solution is when you go to gift a certain neighbor a specific gift, they show up at the top as checked, all the other neighbors are UNCHECKED and you have the option to check the others if you want to gift them the same part or leave them unchecked if you want to send them a different gift later on. The way it works now, you have to go through and uncheck everyone. Not practical for someone like me who only has 50-60 neighbors, much less people who have many more neighbors than that.

I agree with pastry chef. The new system is worse than what we previously had.

patriziaf
12-17-11, 12:17 PM
Hey people, why do you have so many neighbours?????? You can gift only 20 of them each day and I personally can tap / like only 40 restaurants/shops, then I'm tired...
I gift and tip EVERY ONE OR TWO DAYS EVERY NEIGHBOUR

If you have so many neighbours you cannot do that. That for me means you are BAD neighours: after a week I would REMOVE you and invite more serious neighbours.

pinkster73
12-17-11, 12:21 PM
Hey people, why do you have so many neighbours?????? You can gift only 20 of them each day and I personally can tap / like only 40 restaurants/shops, then I'm tired...

If you have so many neighbours you cannot do that. That for me means you are BAD neighours: after a week I would REMOVE you and invite more serious neighbours.

Excuse me but you don't know how often people gift and water their neighbors, and you don't know if they are good neighbors or not.

And you can gift ALL your neighbors every day. You can only accept 20 gifts a day. May I suggest you become better informed before passing judgement on others.

julia3032
12-17-11, 12:28 PM

I don't care how many nbrs, my neighbors have. If they take care of me and try to send me the parts or other things I need, that's all I ask of them. I have excellent neighbors for the most part and I know that some of them have several hundred neighbors. Yet, they promptly attend to my request and try to gift me the parts I need. I do the same for them.

dirigibl
12-17-11, 03:37 PM
While we are waiting on an update for this feature, use RS Halloween to do your gifting. Kinda a pain to switch between two RS versions, but it works okay.

patriziaf
12-17-11, 04:01 PM
Excuse me but you don't know how often people gift and water their neighbors, and you don't know if they are good neighbors or not.

And you can gift ALL your neighbors every day. You can only accept 20 gifts a day. May I suggest you become better informed before passing judgement on others.

It's clear that if a neighbour tips only once in a week, it means he/she has not enough time for playing or too many neighbours. I remove him and I hope he will find neighbours exactly like him. It's not my problem.
Why do you think people advertise themselves writing "add me, I gift and tip daily", it is because this is a good thing, ergo not doing is not.
But I only said what I, yes I, would think about those neighbours and what I, yes I would do (remove). YOU can continue to think what you want about them, and continue to gift people that only take advantage from you. It is not my problem.
I have few but good neighbours, I have time to discuss with them, time to read their walls, read what they need or that they are sick or on holidays, I cherish them; that's not possible with 130. I remember their names and which country they live, I remember if I can put emoji because they have iOS or not because they have an Android phone. Furthermore I have time for non neighbours and I'm 4 stars.
But think a little more about the limit of 20! The limit of receiving has a consequence on sending, because every one has this limit, so finally you can never gift every day 130 neighbours, that's maths/systems. Study it a little.
Well, in general I wait 2 weeks, and if they tip and gift only the first day and then just make request to me, I understand that they just want the other to "work" but don't want to work themselves. Profiteers.
And I don't remove neighbours who have 0 stars: if they gift and tip me, I don't mind if they don't tip other users. I have read here on the forum of people removing neighbours only because they have 0, 1 or 2 stars! You earn stars only with tipping non neighbours, as you surely know.

pinkster73
12-17-11, 04:09 PM
It's clear that if a neighbour tips only once in a week, it means he/she has not enough time for playing or too many neighbours. I remove him and I hope he will find neighbours exactly like him. It's not my problem.
Why do you think people advertise themselves writing "add me, I gift and tip daily", it is because this is a good thing, ergo not doing is not.
But I only said what I, yes I, would think about those neighbours and what I, yes I would do (remove). YOU can continue to think what you want about them, and continue to gift people that only take advantage from you. It is not my problem.
I have few but good neighbours, I have time to discuss with them, time to read their walls, read what they need or that they are sick or on holidays, I cherish them; that's not possible with 130. I remember their names and which country they live, I remember if I can put emoji because they have iOS or not because they have an Android phone. Furthermore I have time for non neighbours and I'm 4 stars.
But think a little more about the limit of 20! The limit of receiving has a consequence on sending, because every one has this limit, so finally you can never gift every day 130 neighbours, that's maths/systems. Study it a little.
Well, in general I wait 2 weeks, and if they tip and gift only the first day and then just make request to me, I understand that they just want the other to "work" but don't want to work themselves. Profiteers.
And I don't remove neighbours who have 0 stars: if they gift and tip me, I don't mind if they don't tip other users. I have read here on the forum of people removing neighbours only because they have 0, 1 or 2 stars! You earn stars only with tipping non neighbours, as you surely know.

I do agree with most of what you said. I myself like to keep my neighbor list on the smaller side. But you are mistaken on 2 points. You CAN gift ALL your neighbors every 24 hour cycle. And you get stars for tipping/watering BOTH YOUR NEIGHBORS AND NON NEIGHBORS. So don't tell me what I "surely know", when I "surely know" you are wrong about that.

Have a nice day :)