PDA

View Full Version : Mods in Games?

kanda032
11-11-11, 01:53 PM
Ok, so I wasn't sure where to post this but I play RS and there is a player on there claiming to be a Mod who works for TL. Now this person is in everybody's business and telling everyone he has the ability to ban them. What I am wondering is if this it true? I am extremely sceptical and there are a lot of younger players concerned about this person as it seems he targets mainly 11-14 yr olds. Can anyone tell me if this is true?

greygull
11-11-11, 02:11 PM
I'm only a player mod, not a TL mod. But I would say that person is lying. I would suggest you take screenshots of what they are saying and email them to support@teamlava.com Impersonating an employee is a ban-able offense on the forum, so I'm sure doing so in game is not allowed as well (though I'm not sure if it's enough to ban - that is a call for TL).

bawpotter
11-11-11, 02:16 PM
There is a very high chance that person is lying, as TL wouldn't contact you by your wall. (I'd imagine.)

Rachael98
11-11-11, 02:19 PM
I'm only a player mod, not a TL mod. But I would say that person is lying. I would suggest you take screenshots of what they are saying and email them to support@teamlava.com Impersonating an employee is a ban-able offense on the forum, so I'm sure doing so in game is not allowed as well (though I'm not sure if it's enough to ban - that is a call for TL).

GM said that impersonation was a serious breach.
Also, he's previously said that they haven't got in-game player Mods.

bawpotter
11-11-11, 02:24 PM
There ya go! Thanks Rachael.

kanda032
11-11-11, 02:26 PM
So, my next question is then do I need their id when I email tl? This person is not on my nbr list and I have no clue what their ID is!

bawpotter
11-11-11, 02:30 PM
If you can get it, it would help support. If you can't, it shouldn't be a big issue.

GroupMagma
11-11-11, 02:40 PM
TeamLava does not have in-game mods -- at least not ones who post on players' walls. Impersonating Support is a violation of the Terms of Service; I would email Support@Teamlava.com and report this user.

However, the user appears to be correct about one thing, in that Users under the age of 14 are not permitted to play TeamLava games, as outlined by the Terms of Service.

GroupMagma
11-11-11, 02:41 PM
So, my next question is then do I need their id when I email tl? This person is not on my nbr list and I have no clue what their ID is!

You can also provide the ID of the wall on which they've written. if you have the name of the user and the ID of them, or a wall on which they have commented, they can be located that way.

kanda032
11-11-11, 02:47 PM
He's not telling them they are banned for being 11-14. He never brings up their age just some strange reason why he IS going to ban them. There are people on his wall begging him not to ban them and there's some from him telling them it doesn't matter because he's going to do it anyways! I recieved a message from him and am leaving it up on my wall so greygull can get screenshots. Thank you all so much for replying so quickly to this!

greygull
11-11-11, 02:53 PM
I've PMed you the screenshots. I found some on that persons wall, and on a few other people's as well. Just send all the pics over, and if you know any of the IDs for any of the people.

Rachael98
11-11-11, 03:15 PM
An alternative way to the ID is, as a last resort, write on the wall.

Also, GM: at least not ones who post on player Walls? What's that supposed to mean?

kooky panda
11-11-11, 03:54 PM
I personally recommend do not EVER post on someones wall in a situtation like this. As a third party seeing something, you can take screenshots and turn over to support.
You do not need to have to have the other persons ID. The screenshots is all support needs to find the person.

I have seen players jumping in the middle of issues that did not involve them and all it does is create more issues because that person will be opened up for attack.

Rachael98
11-11-11, 04:03 PM
I personally recommend do not EVER post on someones wall in a situtation like this. As a third party seeing something, you can take screenshots and turn over to support.
You do not need to have to have the other persons ID. The screenshots is all support needs to find the person.

I have seen players jumping in the middle of issues that did not involve them and all it does is create more issues because that person will be opened up for attack.

That's exactly why I said "Last Resort".

kooky panda
11-11-11, 04:08 PM
That's exactly why I said "Last Resort".

sorry but I disagree not even for last restort. The only thing a player should do is report to support. Never post back on a wall.

Rachael98
11-11-11, 04:13 PM
sorry but I disagree not even for last restort. The only thing a player should do is report to support. Never post back on a wall.

Sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear.
It is a last resort to allow Support to track. If you can't get any IDs, then posting on the a wall is a way for them to track it:). Obviously every other way should really be tried first or it leaves a link.

GroupMagma
11-11-11, 04:30 PM
In any case, I would not recommend that anyone do this unless specifically requested by Support.

Rachael98
11-11-11, 04:39 PM
In any case, I would not recommend that anyone do this unless specifically requested by Support.

Of course:). It's not exactly ideal (though then again, nor is having to contact Support for this sort of thing anyway).