PDA

View Full Version : Gift management

Unregistered
10-19-10, 08:38 AM
This morning I went to use my 3000 pieces of French toast and when I placed it only 200 plates showed. The rest of the French toast is no longer in my gifts. What has happened to all the French toast?...it also happened with the stew. Do gifts disappear if you do not use them right away?

Unregistered
10-19-10, 12:36 PM
The same thing happened to me. What I started doing is accepting only what I could use right away. That way, I don't loose anything.

Unregistered
10-19-10, 03:34 PM
That happened to me this morning! I was so mad.

That's a good tip. I'll do that next time. But why is there a time limit anyway??

mcdrunkel
10-20-10, 03:27 PM
same thing happens to me every time, however watch closely, it's just a glitch. For me after, for instance beef stew, the first 150 bowls are gone it just resets back at 150, or one time i had 450 beef stews and it said 150, then when those ran out it suddenly changed to 300. Just in case though, I always place out the dishes before accepting another gift of the same dish as stated before.

WildMatrix
10-22-10, 10:32 PM
The digit is fixed for me if I reopen the app.
please fix!

PS. It's defiantly important to see the name of the gifter, but the point is lost when you stack the gifts and only name it after the last gifter!!!

To take this further, I'd like to see a statistical page of my friends... What they gifted and tipped.

Unregistered
10-23-10, 07:43 AM
same happened to mee! however if i keep the presents in the news feed and dont accept them straight away, wont this prevent others sending me more gifts? like when you get a message saying they've already accepted the maximum gifts for today?

Unregistered
10-23-10, 11:37 AM
I was only able to send gifts to my neighbors, when I initially friended them. That was over a week ago, and i've got over 20 neighbors now. Since then, I've been unable to send ANY gift at all. My gift button is transparent, and won't allow me to send anything :( I'm on farm story also, and never have this issue, it allows me to gift daily. Does anyone else have this problem on Restaurant Story?

Unregistered
10-23-10, 02:00 PM
This morning I went to use my 3000 pieces of French toast and when I placed it only 200 plates showed. The rest of the French toast is no longer in my gifts. What has happened to all the French toast?...it also happened with the stew. Do gifts disappear if you do not use them right away?

Leave the game then open it back up and all of your french toast (or whatever food was gifted) should be there. When you tap on the gifted food, the number should be however many you had in your gifts menu!

I was only able to send gifts to my neighbors, when I initially friended them. That was over a week ago, and i've got over 20 neighbors now. Since then, I've been unable to send ANY gift at all. My gift button is transparent, and won't allow me to send anything I'm on farm story also, and never have this issue, it allows me to gift daily. Does anyone else have this problem on Restaurant Story?

This is most likely because all of your neighbors have already accepted their 20 gifts for the day. Once someone receives the maximum amount of gifts, their name will get "grayed out" and become un-clickable in your neighbor list. Try logging on earlier than you usually do to see if you are able to gift anyone. Everything resets, and the new "day" starts at midnight pacific standard time. For me, since I am on the east coast, this is 3:00 am. If you can, figure out what time everything resets for your location and open your game at that time. If you are able to send gifts, then everything is good. If you cannot send gifts, there might be an error with your game. You can try deleting and reinstalling the game to remedy the problem on your own. If it doesn't fix anything you might want to send TeamLava an email to let them know. I am sure there is nothing wrong with your game and that this is the situation. I am usually sleeping when everything resets. But people on the other side of the globe may be just starting their day and playing the game. In farm story, I realized that I had many neighbors from other countries and we could never water or gift each other due to time differences. I found neighbors in the U.S. and now I have no problems!

appareldesign
05-26-15, 09:16 PM
same happened to mee! however if i keep the presents in the news feed and dont accept them straight away, wont this prevent others sending me more gifts? like when you get a message saying they've already accepted the maximum gifts for today?

Yes, if your news feed gets filled with gifts, you can deny some gift offers to make room for new gift offers. For example, if everyone is sending you food gifts and you need parts, deny some food offers to clear room for parts offers. Hope that helps.

texcountryplace
05-27-15, 10:42 AM
Anyone only get 10 gifts this morning? Same with the parts requests.

kooky panda
05-27-15, 11:08 AM
This has been reported.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?81941-Missing-gifts-pls-help!!