PDA

View Full Version : Goose Teaser!

GroupMagma
11-09-11, 03:03 PM
http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad218/NormantheFarmer/goose_super_tease.jpg

I took this picture while walking to work this morning. TeamLava's HQ is next to the Bay, so we have a large goose population that takes up residence nearby. I believe these are "Canada Geese", though I'm no expert. Thought you guys would like this.

Oh, and did I mention... TEASE!

Just kidding!

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad218/NormantheFarmer/farm_tease_goose.png

We do have geese coming. More like goslings, really. :)

Rachael98
11-09-11, 03:04 PM
Yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay:D!

Oh...yay:)!!!!

Rachael98
11-09-11, 03:10 PM
Even Forum_Admin's come to look here;)!

sterlingempire
11-09-11, 03:10 PM
Sissy... get over here :)

MiniLaura
11-09-11, 03:22 PM
Canadian goslings don't look like that! They look like this!

But your version is cute, too!

GroupMagma
11-09-11, 03:24 PM

Ah. Well, that was my term, not TL's. Like I said, I'm no geese expert. :D

Rachael98
11-09-11, 03:26 PM
Ah. Well, that was my term, not TL's. Like I said, I'm no geese expert. :D

No, you can't even get the right plural;). It's gooses:p.
Why was f_a viewing it, BTW?
Can you please go to...everyone at TL and say thank you from me. But it looks like Sissy is out of town for a couple of days:rolleyes:

GroupMagma
11-09-11, 03:27 PM
Can you please go to...everyone at TL and say thank you from me. But it looks like Sissy is out of town for a couple of days:rolleyes:

F_A is a shared account; it's not one person. Whenever I make changes to the forum, I'm F_A.

Rachael98
11-09-11, 03:30 PM
F_A is a shared account; it's not one person. Whenever I make changes to the forum, I'm F_A.

You mean...you're trading accounts:eek:!!! :p. Yes, that was a joke. Though apparently someone started a legal dispute over it in another company:rolleyes:...

...so...what changes? vB contacted you yet? Hold on, didn't I ask that yesterday:confused:?

barleycoon
11-09-11, 03:31 PM
So very cute,Thank you TL.

MiniLaura
11-09-11, 03:33 PM
I'm totally spending gems on this.

Unless it's in a box--then probably not.

Unless it is an all-goose box--then probably so.

Rachael98
11-09-11, 03:34 PM
I'm totally spending gems on this.

Unless it's in a box--then probably not.

Unless it is an all-goose box--then probably so.

Unless it's for coins.

Oh wait, I see why you left that option out. Prove me wrong there, TL...please?

swiep07
11-09-11, 03:39 PM
Aawwww it's so cute!

shakiba
11-09-11, 03:40 PM
Woohoo!!!! And yes they r canadin geese. I would know bc I kinda live there. SISSY8!!!!! WHERE R U?

ilovecooper14
11-09-11, 03:42 PM
Just wait til Sissy sees this! ;)

ilovecooper14
11-09-11, 03:42 PM
I love it & I'll have to get it (please be coins!)

MiniLaura
11-09-11, 03:45 PM
Unless it's for coins.

Oh wait, I see why you left that option out. Prove me wrong there, TL...please?

If it is for coins, I'll eat my hat.

Rachael98
11-09-11, 03:47 PM

Will you upload and link a YT vid of you doing so?

shakiba
11-09-11, 04:04 PM

Lol true..bc I wanna see it too!

ariesblu
11-09-11, 04:17 PM

Actually those birds are considered Canadian goose (or cackling goose). Trust me, I live near areas where they are abundant, and even had a random discussion in class about them not that long ago, lol.
You can check out this site on the local birds here (http://www.oaklandnet.com/parks/parks/lakemerritt_birds.asp?call=4) as well as them around Lake Merrit (http://oaklandnorth.net/2011/09/06/ruffled-feathers-the-goose-dispute-at-lake-merritt/), they have tons of info about them. :)

(http://www.oaklandnet.com/parks/parks/lakemerritt_birds.asp?call=4)

MiniLaura
11-09-11, 04:28 PM
Actually those birds are considered Canadian goose (or cackling goose). Trust me, I live near areas where they are abundant, and even had a random discussion in class about them not that long ago, lol.
You can check out this site on the local birds here (http://www.oaklandnet.com/parks/parks/lakemerritt_birds.asp?call=4) as well as them around Lake Merrit (http://oaklandnorth.net/2011/09/06/ruffled-feathers-the-goose-dispute-at-lake-merritt/), they have tons of info about them. :)

(http://www.oaklandnet.com/parks/parks/lakemerritt_birds.asp?call=4)

I know they are Canadian geese. And the photos I provided are of Canadian goslings. I know this because I took the photos, and the very obviously Canadian geese parents were very annoyed with me. (as you can see from the second photo.)

MiniLaura
11-09-11, 04:29 PM
I won't have to.

ariesblu
11-09-11, 04:32 PM
I know they are Canadian geese. And the photos I provided are of Canadian goslings. I know this because I took the photos, and the very obviously Canadian geese parents were very annoyed with me. (as you can see from the second photo.)
That sounds like fun, lol.

MrsPamB
11-09-11, 04:42 PM
Whatever nationality they are, they are super cute and I can't wait to put some pigs back into inventory to make room for some goslings!

pinkster73
11-09-11, 04:46 PM
I can also confirm they're Canadian geese. I get them in my yard. Super cute

JuniperFruit
11-09-11, 04:48 PM
So cute! Can't wait!!!

redbites
11-09-11, 04:51 PM
No it is geese, check wikipedia

nancy6lex
11-09-11, 04:53 PM
Yes they are Canadian geese. I have about two hundred oh them on the lake behind my house. Pretty to look at but they leave their droppings all over my yard!!!!!

ariesblu
11-09-11, 04:55 PM
Yes they are Canadian geese. I have about two hundred oh them on the lake behind my house. Pretty to look at but they leave their droppings all over my yard!!!!!
Yeah, they do poop A LOT.

Rachael98
11-09-11, 04:57 PM
No it is geese, check wikipedia

Not here they're not:p.

[NB: I am aware of the real plural; it's an ongoing Forum joke.*]

GroupMagma
11-09-11, 05:01 PM
Yeah, they do poop A LOT.

They most certainly do. I do a tricky balancing act during my morning walking commute.

Rachael98
11-09-11, 05:03 PM
They most certainly do. I do a tricky balancing act during my morning walking commute.

But not in the evening:p?

They do. But I reckon cows do more. It's cows that I have to worry about (and I don't mean the people I walk with;)).

pinkster73
11-09-11, 05:07 PM

Sometimes I have to walk to my car covering my head with my hands when its migrating season

@ redbites - according to the rules of the fpgc its "gooses"

ilovecooper14
11-09-11, 05:08 PM
Sometimes I have to walk to my car covering my head with my hands when its migrating season

@ redbites - according to the rules of the fpgc its "gooses"
Lol ew xD goose poo!

ariesblu
11-09-11, 05:10 PM
Lol ew xD goose poo!
Since geese are technically birds, in some cultures getting pooped on (on the head in particular, I believe) is actually good luck.

ilovecooper14
11-09-11, 05:15 PM
Since geese are technically birds, in some cultures getting pooped on (on the head in particular, I believe) is actually good luck.
Really? Where? Lol I didn't know that :)

sterlingempire
11-09-11, 05:18 PM

Hmmm.... you better get ready to buy a new hat!

ariesblu
11-09-11, 05:19 PM
Tons of cultures. I remember once when I was like nine maybe, my siblings and I were walking after church, and a bird pooped on my brother's head (lol). My mother immediately told us a story how that is considered good luck. It's a rare occurrence, after all. She's African by the way :D

ilovecooper14
11-09-11, 05:23 PM
Tons of cultures. I remember once when I was like nine maybe, my siblings and I were walking after church, and a bird pooped on my brother's head (lol). My mother immediately told us a story how that is considered good luck. It's a rare occurrence, after all. She's African by the way :D
Oh lol. That's cool. I wouldn't like to be pooped on (lol) but if it's good luck I'll be running under geese �� :) ;) hahaha

ariesblu
11-09-11, 05:25 PM
Oh lol. That's cool. I wouldn't like to be pooped on (lol) but if it's good luck I'll be running under geese �� :) ;) hahaha
Hehehehe I wish you luck.

pinkster73
11-09-11, 05:26 PM
It is supposed to be good luck. But I still don't want to be pooped on

Rachael98
11-09-11, 05:34 PM

Here, for instance. When it happened to me, we discovered that as well as a bird nest, there was a wasps nest too-.-

ilovecooper14
11-09-11, 05:43 PM
Here, for instance. When it happened to me, we discovered that as well as a bird nest, there was a wasps nest too-.-

:P so much for being good luck! -.- lol

lesleypsg1
11-09-11, 05:47 PM
Ah, I love Canadian geese...eh!

Ooooo sissy is gonna beeeee sooooooo happy!!

Me too :)

Rachael98
11-09-11, 05:48 PM
Ah, I love Canadian geese...eh!

Ooooo sissy is gonna beeeee sooooooo happy!!

Me too :)

Me three...

...old joke-.-

I'm as happy as a happy goose:D.

myweedpatch
11-09-11, 06:23 PM
Excellent. It's cute. We get a large population of them here I'm Seattle too. Thank you for the baby goose.

Rachael98
11-09-11, 06:27 PM
I reckon they could help my highly-trained roosters...

myweedpatch
11-09-11, 06:32 PM
GM, since sissy is out of town, if this item is a special offer, and not in the store, would u be so kind as to have the game designers extend the offer date? I'm worried that sissy will miss her big day.

Yarox
11-09-11, 06:33 PM
This is true, but does not need to be on the head as long as you get pooped on :P

Well In Colombia (south america) it is believed to be good luck.
Once a bird pooped me in my shirt when I was a kid and I wanted to cry but my mom told me that I should be happy cause I was gonna have good luck, She bought me an ice cream so I wouldnt cry... good luck indeed hehe :P
btw> I was born in colombia but moved to the netherlands at the age of 14 (fyi :P )

Now ON TOPIC:

Soooooooooooo cool, I have no animals in my farm, but for this one maybe ill make an exception :)

sourlicorice2
11-09-11, 06:44 PM
Yeah Canadian Geese (plural cause I'll have to get more than one) I'm Canadian. Those will go perfectly beside a Canadian flag on my far,

sourlicorice2
11-09-11, 06:50 PM
Unless te r in the mystery box, gems fine but please no box.

lesleypsg1
11-09-11, 06:53 PM
Yeah Canadian Geese (plural cause I'll have to get more than one) I'm Canadian. Those will go perfectly beside a Canadian flag on my far,

Yes! Another great Canadian! I'll also be adding a gaggle to my farm :) to frolick near my dear ole maple leaf

lesleypsg1
11-09-11, 06:55 PM
Unless te r in the mystery box, gems fine but please no box.

Oh mahn! I didn't even think of that. Oh well. Keeping fingers crossed they're not in a box else there goes my dream of year long goslings

bawpotter
11-09-11, 07:10 PM
I am so happy for this, it is finally here!

Limaxa
11-10-11, 08:44 AM
Coudly..for coins?

Yarox
11-10-11, 08:50 AM
Coudly..for coins?
One of the most requested and discussed items on the forums for coins?
Im sorry to say but, I dont think so.
As long as it does not come in a box it will be all right ;)

pinkster73
11-10-11, 09:33 AM
Siiiissssyyyy!!!!!!

ilovecooper14
11-10-11, 09:44 AM
Siiiissssyyyy!!!!!!

Lol where is Sissy? (^O^)
All I know is that she loves geese ;)

xcellent
11-10-11, 10:10 AM
One of the most requested and discussed items on the forums for coins?
Im sorry to say but, I dont think so.
As long as it does not come in a box it will be all right ;)

Ye,i agree... Most of the requested items always sell by gems.... But hopefully, they'll give it by coins....(wishful thinking) ;-)

Sissy is the one who first gave GM a teaser of goose.... Finally, they grant the request! yay! Lol!

pinkster73
11-10-11, 10:18 AM
Lol where is Sissy? (^O^)
All I know is that she loves geese ;)

I know she is going to be busy for a couple days. She knows though

momsserenity
11-10-11, 11:14 AM
It's adorableAs are most of our animalsThanx TL

kmyfarmer
11-10-11, 02:18 PM
Kudos TL for the gooose! So cute! Yay!

sissy8
11-11-11, 08:13 AM
178217831782tnx magma i am very very happy with this, I hope they are not to expensive but what the hek i quit smoking soooo:o:o but I want a bunch of them so please, please please not in a box, I am always unlucky in boxes:rolleyes::rolleyes:

sissy8
11-11-11, 08:15 AM
1784 Big Bob says Hurray for 11-11-2011:o:o

MiniLaura
11-11-11, 12:05 PM

Lol true..bc I wanna see it too!

I won't have to.

No hat-eating required.

yanochka
11-11-11, 12:11 PM
We should stop asking for things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything we ask for is released for gems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sourlicorice2
11-11-11, 03:59 PM
TL and I wasnt gonna buy any gems till,after Xmas lol. Had to get two of the geese(25 gems) then u had a griffin and though that's not a farm item I love mystical creatures. Sigh ok now I won't buy anymore gems till after Xmas.

Phthon
11-11-11, 04:01 PM
TL and I wasnt gonna buy any gems till,after Xmas lol. Had to get two of the geese(25 gems) then u had a griffin and though that's not a farm item I love mystical creatures. Sigh ok now I won't buy anymore gems till after Xmas.

I'm going for the magical farm motif. Now all we need is Hagrid to watch over the Griffon and Nightmare and Unicorn. I guess I'll just have to make do with the Frankingnome and Count Gnomula.

http://www.veronicamcintyre.com/stuff/photo%20Nov%2011,%202%2025%2025%20PM.png

kooky panda
11-11-11, 04:01 PM
We should stop asking for things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything we ask for is released for gems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear TL: I do not want a boxer dog...
thank-you,
Your friend
Kooky lol

redbites
11-11-11, 04:02 PM
That's not true, all the recipes/crops we ask for don't cost gems and some decor doesn't cost gems

Rachael98
11-11-11, 04:02 PM
At least it's not Limited Time. I think I'll save up for one. It's only a gem more than a box:).

yanochka
11-12-11, 10:14 PM
That's not true, all the recipes/crops we ask for don't cost gems and some decor doesn't cost gems

This thread is for Farm Story - please give me an example of a requested item that was released for coins.

pinkster73
11-12-11, 10:19 PM
This thread is for Farm Story - please give me an example of a requested item that was released for coins.

Solar panel? Oh wait.... No one asked for that

nmishii
11-12-11, 10:44 PM
Solar panel? Oh wait.... No one asked for that

Their are some very lovely items released for coins.you're farm can look lovely with the coin items TL releases, you don't need to buy gem items, the solar panel looks lovely next to the lovely balloon arch and lovely hideout. Those are all for coins and I'm sure they were requested by many. TL works hard to give us what we ask for but it takes time for them to create new items so you need to be patient.

I'm kidding.

nmishii
11-12-11, 10:56 PM

For bonus points, since you mentioned recipes, can you give an example of a non-recipe requested item that was released for coins in each Restaurant Story and Bakery Story?

pinkster73
11-12-11, 11:03 PM
Their are some very lovely items released for coins.you're farm can look lovely with the coin items TL releases, you don't need to buy gem items, the solar panel looks lovely next to the lovely balloon arch and lovely hideout. Those are all for coins and I'm sure they were requested by many. TL works hard to give us what we ask for but it takes time for them to create new items so you need to be patient.

I'm kidding.

HA HA I almost spewed ginger ale out my nose! Which is not lovely