PDA

View Full Version : My BS Life! (Pictures!) Whats Yours? (Detailing)

Eldin
11-09-11, 01:41 PM
Greets Fellow Bakery Story Lovers!

I have been playing Bakeryt Story for almost a year now and it was one of the first APPs that I downloaded, tested and loved. I have reached my goals now aswell as been on this "trip" for a while during updates and such, so here's my Bakery Story!

MY BAKERY STORY LIFE:
ID: Eldin
Lives: Sweden
Paid for Gems: 2 x 50 Pack at Sale.
Level: 87
Gems now: 1
Cash now: 1.000.000~
Bakery Size: Max
Mastery Dish Status: Everything finished except the newest ones.
Goals: Finish all the recipes and design my bakery as I want it to be.
(Realized that I probably wont be able to finish all the meals as new ones are coming at the time when I finish the last ones, so I reached my goal here aswell)
What I will do now: Probably wait for new cool updates!
Personal Tip1: Run for Mastering the Recipes and the rest will come by itself.
Personal Tip2: Do only have 2.6 Tables per "Cooking" Appliance if you always want food ready.

PICTURES:
I will now post some pictures of my Bakery, enjoy!

A great Bakery always needs fresh and nice looking goodies! Try to resist this!

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/EldinWorld/iPhone%20Games/IMG_0837.jpg

A good and sweet drink is always as important as the Cookie itself!

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/EldinWorld/iPhone%20Games/IMG_0838.jpg

The warm and coozy fireplace is a popular table place, guests never wants to leave!

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/EldinWorld/iPhone%20Games/IMG_0839.jpg

A Chocolate Fountain always gets you in the mood! Feel free to try some!

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/EldinWorld/iPhone%20Games/IMG_0840.jpg

So what about everything else? What did I experience and what do I think?

The Bad Things: (-)
-The Developers are setting out "Gem" traps (as what I believe...) to make us use them against our will. How hard can it be to set up "Are you sure that you want to finish your Dish for 5 Gems?"
-The Gems are way to expensive comparing to what you get, you can buy a pack and get 1-2 Gem Items for it. A VERY HIGH Gem item should be around 20-30. Some are 40-50, I mean wtf?
-All the Walls and Floor Tiles that costs Gems should be 1 Gem only or 2 at top. Only someone that is insane would spend "alot" of real money to get 300 Gems to get the Floor or Walls that you want right now and to cover the entire Bakery.
-The Items costs ALOT of Gems if it is a few % extra cool, sometimes even 50% less would be to much.
-The most updates are all about Gems, I do understand that this is a company and it needs money to continue, I just think that everything could be made abit better so people feel they get something for their money, not get robbed. I paid twice myself as I wanted a few items, but also to support you guys for doing this.
-The Developers don't "care" or "think" when doing some updates, old players ALWAYS "loose" on new updates even if we also love them. Example: You now get 2 Free Gems per finished "Dish". I finished them all, what do I get? I got a punch in my face. Thank You for that Team Lava. Can't be that hard to "Script" so everyone that already made it get Gems for it or simply add another "Mastery lvl 5" so we could get atleast one Gem for every dish aswell as alot of more to finish.
-The forum basic is great as those ones are, seen it alot at other communitys, however, you can not make a "profile" with forum signature, picture and other stuff that is really important on a community, welcome to the year of 2011 Team Lava! Rofl. (Can't even edit posts everywhere...)

The Great Things: (+)
+We now actually get weekly updates! ("Weekly Updates!" was a lie like the first 5 months I played)
+The Developers often listen to what the people wants and make those updates!
+Nice Community!
+Nice "GMs"!
+Great Game with nice alot of nice updates!

What I would like to see in Bakery Story:
*Customize your "Avatar".
*A mark "*" or something to see who really gifted you and is active so you easily can delete inactive people.
*A way to delete the list of people that you invited and didn't accept the invite.
*Somehow a Custom note/text in your Bakery for visitors, in top of your "wall" or something.
*Get rid of all those pop-ups when starting the game, I don't want to play Farm Story, get it?
*For Team Lava to Continue this Great Work and get the knowledge that Gems means alot to us!

It would be fun to see how others thing and what you are aiming for, so what about you?

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

pinkster73
11-09-11, 01:45 PM
Wow you deserve to win something for all that. Great job!

creeturous
11-09-11, 03:03 PM
Cute bakery! Thanks for sharing (^∇^)

I think your idea about putting a ustim message at the top of your message board is a great idea too. I disappear sometimes and it would be nice to apologize to people for not tipping/gifting in a while.

Your points about gems are all spot on too but what do you mean people get 2 gems for completing a dish now? I still only get one.

If people do get 2 gems now for finishing a dish to level 4 that's fine but I don't think older players should be compensated for that change. That would be like giving someone money back on a purchase because they bought it full price and then it went on sale. At least they made the change but again I'm not seeing it :/

I'd also like o suggest that getting gems for leveling up would be nice since all the other games I play that are similar to BS give you whatever their version of gems are for leveling up (ex. Pucca or We Rule). And not just because other games do it but in general getting gems for leveling up just promotes the gameplay more since gem items are WAY expensive. I am really bummed that the Halloween window is 25 freaking gems and the tables/chairs are 5 each. That's $5 for 1 window, which is crazy!

iAryia
11-09-11, 03:23 PM
Very nice!

And creeturous, I think they mean you get one gem at level 2 and one at level 4, thus getting 2 gems from completing a recepie from start to finish. :]

creeturous
11-09-11, 04:15 PM
Thank you for clarifying !Aryia. Sadly I've only ever gotten 1 gem for hitting level 4 on a recipe, that's how Ive always thought it was and I've been playing for over a year now (。-_-。)

kooky panda
11-09-11, 04:52 PM
Thank you for clarifying !Aryia. Sadly I've only ever gotten 1 gem for hitting level 4 on a recipe, that's how Ive always thought it was and I've been playing for over a year now (。-_-。)
You will only get one gem for hitting level 4 but you should also be getting 1 gem for hitting level 2 so 2 gems total for mastering a receipe from start to finish.

creeturous
11-09-11, 05:53 PM
How long has the 1 gem at level two been going on? I've only ever seen 1 gem at level 4, which is why I aggressively make new recipes as soon as they are released. Getting a gem at level 2 is news to me...

kooky panda
11-09-11, 05:55 PM
How long has the 1 gem at level two been going on? I've only ever seen 1 gem at level 4, which is why I aggressively make new recipes as soon as they are released. Getting a gem at level 2 is news to me...
We always have gotten a gem on level 2. The gem on level 4 was added a few months ago.

Rachael98
11-09-11, 05:56 PM

Actually, it's always been a gem at level 2. The gem at level 4 (it used to be coins) has been implemented for a few months:).

Eldin
11-10-11, 09:47 AM
pinkster73 - Thanks alot for that comment, means alot! :)

creeturous - Thank You for that comment! :) You point about getting Gems "back" are taken and you really got a point,
they should however think more of this as I could give them around 3-5 ways to easily solve it so no-one ever would complain at it.
I mean, how can I solve this when they can't? I can almost even Script it myself.

And about the Window thing, that is exactly what I mean. If Im about to buy a window/floor/wall/table or such, I would have to fill the Bakery with the same tiles as thats they way I design it, (almost). And this would cost me ALOT of real money to get those Gems, like as for example the Halloween windows. I would surely like to re-make my Bakery into 100% seasons and such like Halloween at that time and then I would not only need 5-10 of those Windows (125-250 Gems here as a start... I MEAN WTF?) but also the rest of the Halloween Items... then we have Christmans etc etc. I would have to spend 50-100 Euro at every time to even have a chance to decorate my entire bakery with the boxes, walls, floors, tables and other expensive items in that "cathegory".

I see no point in that and I would never spend this amount of money at a mini Game like this, like I said before, I could have paid 1-20 Euro just to Support Team Lava for doing this, but not to get some expensive Gem items that I want 5-300 off and never got a chance to get without getting robbed, (Tables, Floors, Walls etc...) You should pay like 10 Gems and get ALL the floor tiles covered. Not 1-5 Gems PER FREAKIN TILE.

---

I still love the came and the massive improvements that they are doing all the time. But they should not only think at profit, it will come by itself if the people are happy. I could easily buy the 50 Gem pack at every "seasons" if it would make it possible for me to buy all the Gem Items I want for that Halloween, Christmas, Summer or whatever. (ofcourse not boxes as its random and I love that). In this way, Team Lava should alot more money on me as I would think it would be worth it, now I don't even see positive on the cool items at updates as I know they will cost real money to get or ("as a free gift if you buy a Gem pack") or cost 30-50 Gems. Thats INSANE.

What If I want a floor that costs 5 Gems and I have the biggest place? What can it be, 300 Tiles? 300 x 5, Uhm, no I wont buy it. Don't even know if want it as I can't try it before buying it. Well, I just get frustrated so I gotta stop now, its Team Lavas choise, just an oppinion that I think would be better for everyone.

AND... I got like 5 new ideas of games at this concept that they would earn ALOT of money at. They would just need to listen and hear me out! I can even bring details about those game types. :O

Kooky Panda - I just want to say that I think you really are worth your "new" position, you are very active and doing a great job. :) Keep it up!

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

pinkster73
11-10-11, 10:04 AM
Wow you deserve to win something for all that. Great job!

See eldin. I was nice to you yesterday then you were mean to me today boo hoo. Jk :)

Eldin
11-10-11, 10:05 AM
Haha, you took it wrong! Was not ment to hurt your feelings, and you were in the wrong section :P
Pink Kisses again then! :D

/Eldin

lanicho3
11-14-11, 06:46 PM
I installed bakery story as "Halloween bakery story", will it always have "rip" on the door and a Halloween theme when loading, or will it revert to regular bakery story at some point? I want to keep playing, so don't want to have to start over just to get rid of a few Halloween themed items.

greygull
11-14-11, 07:24 PM
You can go back to the app store and download just "Bakery Story", not the Halloween or Valentine's version. All of them are synced together, you will be exactly where you were in the Halloween version. Suggestion - make sure you completely close out the one you have before opening the new one.

lanicho3
11-14-11, 08:37 PM
You can go back to the app store and download just "Bakery Story", not the Halloween or Valentine's version. All of them are synced together, you will be exactly where you were in the Halloween version. Suggestion - make sure you completely close out the one you have before opening the new one.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "close out" the one you have. Do you mean delete it from my device, or just make sure I am not in the game when I try to download the regular bakery story?

greygull
11-14-11, 08:41 PM
You can delete it (your ID and progress is saved on TLs servers, and connected to your device UDID). To completely close out, if you don't want to deleted before downloading, press the home button to exit, double tap the home button, which will raise the screen a bit, showing you which apps are running. Hold any app, until it starts wiggling and a "-" sign appears. Press the "-" sign to close out all running apps.

lanicho3
11-15-11, 05:33 AM
Thanks grey gull, I will give it a try!