PDA

View Full Version : Bakery or Restaurant names

pastrychef17
11-08-11, 05:22 PM
Out of curiousity, does the name of someone's bakery or restaurant influence whether you want to tip them or be their neighbor in the first place? I never gave it much thought until I came across a bakery (or it might've been a restaurant, can't remember now) named "KuKluxKlan". Have to admit, I didn't tip back.

Rachael98
11-08-11, 05:30 PM
Generally, it wouldn't unless it was rude (for me):).

sourlicorice2
11-08-11, 07:20 PM
Same here. I definetly wouldn't have tipped or even become nbrs with someone who had named their restaurant KuKluxKlan even if they only did it cause they thought it would be funny.

nmishii
11-08-11, 08:34 PM
I wouldn't have anything to do with a place named KuKluxKlan, whether real life or virtual.

I did leave a tip at a place called "I Spit on Food" once.

I saw one place that had 5 letter spelling of a 4 letter inappropriate word, but other than that, everything has looked clean to me.

kooky panda
11-08-11, 08:55 PM
I wouldn't have anything to do with a place named KuKluxKlan, whether real life or virtual.

I did leave a tip at a place called "I Spit on Food" once.

I saw one place that had 5 letter spelling of a 4 letter inappropriate word, but other than that, everything has looked clean to me.

yeah I might leave a tip at "I spit on Food" but I sure would not eat there..:eek:

barleycoon
11-09-11, 12:25 AM
If I came across a bakery with an very inappropriate name,I report it to support@teamlava.com
I would report for any of the games,I include a screenshot,ID if I know it or the ID of the wall it's posted on.
I've seen some very inappropriate names,if the name is appropriate it would not influence me at all.

kattybell
11-09-11, 04:16 AM
Haven't thought about it, but yes sometimes the names do have influence for me. But I rarely see inappropriate ones.

TeasTeas
11-09-11, 08:44 AM
Occasionally I will see a name that I wont tip on, or one thats abit shocking. I def. will avoid those; dlt off my wall wont comment on etc. generally I fink ppl willing to create disturbing or innapro names might be or lean to the type that may make trouble/harass/spam walls etc. I also admittingly will look at walls before commenting also, so as to not bring negative etc. to either myself or nbrs.
If I saw the name posted above, I think I may be tempted to leave an ugly or honest ipinion of it on their wall myself! Something ive in the past neglected to do however.. not wanting trouble or issues. If we had a block option; thats def. one bakery/rest. that would be blocked in an instant for myself! No excuses for that name AT all...
I suppose the answer to your question is YES names do matter imo.

One name actually made me lol, it was 'wrong' but funny. Still imo needed to be changed though. It was (b*tt cream) for a bakery.. that was pretty bad. lol
But no where near as offensive as the one listed in this topic header... ack!
:|

CakeOOH
11-11-11, 12:22 AM
I admit, name plays a role for me. I love creative names (eat here get gas) was one of my recent finds, and I tip those that make me giggle. But I have seen some really bad ones. I would not friend or tip those ppl even if they tipped me first.