PDA

View Full Version : Level 98...?

ilovecooper14
11-08-11, 02:01 PM
I know a few people who have level 98 on City.. It seems as if level 98 is the end.. Is it true? I have heard they can no longer access their cities.. Why? :confused:

barleycoon
11-08-11, 02:11 PM
I have a level 98 on my wall on city, they can access their city and I still can too.

Rachael98
11-08-11, 02:37 PM
Level 96 is the highest designed level:/

ilovecooper14
11-08-11, 02:40 PM
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc519/ilovecooper14/e7344994.jpg

Rachael98
11-08-11, 02:44 PM
[EDIT R98]

OK, really confusing:confused:...*decides is out of depth and makes one last comment before running away*...I suppose it's possible...with a few million xp!

xoxoBabyGirl
11-19-11, 03:27 AM
OMG! That's my nbr too!! :O I just posted about the same thing! I have a few nbrs who are pretty close to 98 and some are saying that after you reach it, you can't access your city :( Macau is ALWAYS on and now that they aren't around anymore everyone is assuming that the rumours are true.........get anyone shed some light on this matter?

Rachael98
11-19-11, 04:19 AM
OMG! That's my nbr too!! :O I just posted about the same thing! I have a few nbrs who are pretty close to 98 and some are saying that after you reach it, you can't access your city :( Macau is ALWAYS on and now that they aren't around anymore everyone is assuming that the rumours are true.........get anyone shed some light on this matter?

Which rumours?
I'm really not sure though; I see that Support was contacted (by the way, taking it down from the other forums might be an idea), so I suppose they'll sort it out.
I've never seen this before.

xcellent
11-19-11, 10:15 AM
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc519/ilovecooper14/e7344994.jpg

Here is MACAU' s post in this site:
http://cssc.24d24.com/t148-98-is-the-end-of-the-road

98 is the END OF THE ROAD
**Admin on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:44 pm

Hello Everyone!

98 is the DEAD END.

I CAN't even open my +MACAU+ now!!!!!!

Hope all of you are GOOD!

+MACAU+

Admin
Admin

ilovecooper14
11-19-11, 10:19 AM
Wow, I don't want to get to level 98 lol.
If you plan on spending money on the games don't try to get to level 98:)

xcellent
11-19-11, 10:25 AM
Wow, I don't want to get to level 98 lol.
If you plan on spending money on the games don't try to get to level 98:)

I guess i still have 2-3 years of playing time! Lol!

xcellent
11-19-11, 10:31 AM
Btw, hopefully, TL will do something about this... Even if we reach and exceed the limit level, it is better to stop giving experience, but then keep us accessing the game! If u will look at jenny's city, those items she have (or had) were all from the box...imagine the money she spent on those, only to be locked up! That is unfair! It is not her fault to surpassed the designed level....... At least....... Give them (and us) the chance even if only to stare (and continue redesigning) our beloved city!

pinkster73
11-19-11, 10:34 AM
Which rumours?
I'm really not sure though; I see that Support was contacted (by the way, taking it down from the other forums might be an idea), so I suppose they'll sort it out.
I've never seen this before.

TL doesn't make the rules for that other forum. People can post what they want freely :)

Limaxa
11-19-11, 10:46 AM
I don't understand that.. Why is there a Crash after reaching 98? Is there a reason for this? The developers made a Game with a end where you cant play anymore?if that is true...lol..Fail

xcellent
11-19-11, 10:48 AM
@Rachael:

CSSC was formed by city story players who was at that time were levels 96... It was started by MACAU himself with ecity and the others...... The idea was to show off your level and your city ( during that time level 96 were less and rare)...... At the same time, a place where u can voice out disappointments and impressions for teamlava.... That was the time when Norman was still the moderator here, no registration in the forum and this site was full of troll! Players were upset how teamlava dealt with the players' complaints and demands..... If u will checked the forum archived, this forum was garbage of foul words and pin pointing since no name (or few) was registered... And TL's representatives rarely come forward...

Thankfully GM (GroupMagma) came along and this place became a better place to sit in! ( But still lots of complains). Lol ;-)

ilovecooper14
11-19-11, 10:49 AM
I would hate to spend lots of money on the game then be locked out. Lol

barleycoon
11-19-11, 11:50 AM
I would hate to spend lots of money on the game then be locked out. Lol

Me too, I'd so hate to be locked out of my city. I know a couple of players nearly at 98, so I'll wait and see what happens.

xoxoBabyGirl
11-20-11, 05:04 AM
Here is MACAU' s post in this site:
http://cssc.24d24.com/t148-98-is-the-end-of-the-road

98 is the END OF THE ROAD
**Admin on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:44 pm

Hello Everyone!

98 is the DEAD END.

I CAN't even open my +MACAU+ now!!!!!!

Hope all of you are GOOD!

+MACAU+

Admin
Admin

Oh, such a shame! :( Thanks for putting up Macau's post, a lot of nbs were concerned. Now, I'm scared to buy anything....I mean eventually at some point it'll be locked up right?

ilovecooper14
11-20-11, 05:13 AM
Oh, such a shame! :( Thanks for putting up Macau's post, a lot of nbs were concerned. Now, I'm scared to buy anything....I mean eventually at some point it'll be locked up right?

Yikes, ikr..?! Lol.

Rachael98
11-20-11, 05:42 AM
TL doesn't make the rules for that other forum. People can post what they want freely :)

@Rachael:

CSSC was formed by city story players who was at that time were levels 96... It was started by MACAU himself with ecity and the others...... The idea was to show off your level and your city ( during that time level 96 were less and rare)...... At the same time, a place where u can voice out disappointments and impressions for teamlava.... That was the time when Norman was still the moderator here, no registration in the forum and this site was full of troll! Players were upset how teamlava dealt with the players' complaints and demands..... If u will checked the forum archived, this forum was garbage of foul words and pin pointing since no name (or few) was registered... And TL's representatives rarely come forward...

Thankfully GM (GroupMagma) came along and this place became a better place to sit in! ( But still lots of complains). Lol ;-)

I know that:). It doesn't change the fact that they're supposed to be confidential:p.

I really think that Support are probably the only people who can do anything about it, if anyone can.

desertfarmer
11-20-11, 10:32 AM
I know that:). It doesn't change the fact that they're supposed to be confidential:p.

I really think that Support are probably the only people who can do anything about it, if anyone can.

I guess support did not even test the game after the designed level.... If that is the case, they should have locked the exp at level 96, so even if people wants to continue playing and buying items, exp wont add and levels wont increase-- to avoid being locked up.... There is no announcement Nor warning that after 96 game will crash... If they designed the game only till level 96, they should have said -"level limit at 96,more than that, players can play at their own risk!" That is the least they can do to those who are buying gems and paying real money..... But the best way is-- stop giving experience at level 97, since some players can still play at that level..... Give players a chance to enjoy their game continously.....

And yes, those players contacted support, but the answer TL gave is still not clear---- "We will look into that matter"......
I have nbrs at level 97, some are spending money for city cash - buying items add experience.... Adding exp means leveling up....We enjoy redesigning our city and wait for weekly updates... How can we stop adding experience to stop leveling up?

TL should give an answer to that.... That is not supposed to be confidential... That is public matter since players are taking out money from their pocket or credit cards... They should give information on how the game is designed to the limit and the risk that goes along after the limit----- Not the way it is happening.... After all those effort (and cash money) --- game locked up! THAT is upsetting!

pinkster73
11-20-11, 10:37 AM

No, TL made them confidential on THIS forum. They can be posted anywhere else in internet land.

ButterPanda
12-05-11, 12:32 PM
We have not encountered this issue at Support, and have not received any reports regarding this issue previously. I can pass this to engineering to investigate the issue further. In the meantime, could you ask the players experiencing this bug to post here themselves, or provide us with their Storm8 IDs?

xcellent
12-07-11, 05:35 AM
We have not encountered this issue at Support, and have not received any reports regarding this issue previously. I can pass this to engineering to investigate the issue further. In the meantime, could you ask the players experiencing this bug to post here themselves, or provide us with their Storm8 IDs?

I dont know Elizabeth's ID since she never left her ID in other forum... And i forgot +MACAU+'s ID, but i think he reported it around Oct 2011....

As for jenny, she posted her stormID and the mail report which was replied by [snip]
City name : jenny
stormID : princegirl
Issue reported : April 06,2011

These players are inactive now since they cannot open their city anymore.... Hope there will be an answer to shed some light on this issue....

xoxoBabyGirl
12-09-11, 05:14 AM
I dont know Elizabeth's ID since she never left her ID in other forum... And i forgot +MACAU+'s ID, but i think he reported it around Oct 2011....

As for jenny, she posted her stormID and the mail report which was replied by [snip]

These players are inactive now since they cannot open their city anymore.... Hope there will be an answer to shed some light on this issue....

Agree...can't ask them to post or email support because they are not active anymore.

xoxoBabyGirl
12-09-11, 05:17 AM

Support does not know about this issue??? Really? It seems that a lot of players know about it and are hoping to stay away from level 98. I thought it was something new but everyone seems to "know" this... hopefully they can stop the xp from adding, because after a point you really dont need it.

ButterPanda
12-09-11, 05:35 PM

thanks. ill pass this on and see what is found

ButterPanda
12-09-11, 06:14 PM
can any of you find these old posts from these players who have reported this so I can get some more IDs?

nmishii
12-09-11, 06:59 PM
can any of you find these old posts from these players who have reported this so I can get some more IDs?

I think the developer can figure this out without anyone's IDs.

You attain Level 96 when you have 750,800 XPs.
You attain Level 97 when you have 10M XPs.
You attain Level 98 when you have 20M XPs, from what a Level 97 player told me.

If a developer walks through the design or code where you level up, along with the data table that lists the Level and the XPs for that level, he/she should be able to figure this out on paper. If not, set up a test case where you're at Level 97 with just under 20M XPs, and use a debugger to step through and see what happens when you reach or pass 20M XPs.

xcellent
12-09-11, 08:10 PM

There are players of level 97 who stopped playing for a while for fear of being locked up upon reaching 98.....If u can just stop adding exp at level 97, maybe players wont leave....

ButterPanda
12-13-11, 12:39 PM
I think the developer can figure this out without anyone's IDs.

You attain Level 96 when you have 750,800 XPs.
You attain Level 97 when you have 10M XPs.
You attain Level 98 when you have 20M XPs, from what a Level 97 player told me.

If a developer walks through the design or code where you level up, along with the data table that lists the Level and the XPs for that level, he/she should be able to figure this out on paper. If not, set up a test case where you're at Level 97 with just under 20M XPs, and use a debugger to step through and see what happens when you reach or pass 20M XPs.

I can't say for sure, but they may be able to find this information with a search, however they are very busy and without any examples to show them, they don't have much to be able to search from. If you guys can get me some of the other players Storm8 IDs who claim to have this issue, either if you know the IDs or can link me to their older posts, I can pass that info along.

nmishii
12-13-11, 02:53 PM
I can't say for sure, but they may be able to find this information with a search, however they are very busy and without any examples to show them, they don't have much to be able to search from. If you guys can get me some of the other players Storm8 IDs who claim to have this issue, either if you know the IDs or can link me to their older posts, I can pass that info along.

Those Level 98 players cannot get into their City so how can people ask them what their Storm8 ID is? Unless they are playing other games and players know they are the same person.

I believe its raising an out of bounds or other type of exception caused by an out of range index. That's been my thoughts from the beginning. You have designed the limit to be 96, and your data is defined for a max level of 96, but your code is not range checking the data and is either exceeding the range, or indexing a data table with an out of range value. Your expection handler is closing the game. You should be able to just look at the data for the Level table and possibly the code and easily figure this out. This should be a simple problem to identify and solve.

There should be enough info provided to create the Select statements to access your database. And unless you log the exception data in your database, I'm not sure what additional information you can get from the data besides what people have told you.

When I say "you" I mean TL.

But there are so few people reaching Level 98, there are more important things to work on. Like stopping the force closes that are contantly happening now.

ButterPanda
12-16-11, 03:24 PM
Those Level 98 players cannot get into their City so how can people ask them what their Storm8 ID is? Unless they are playing other games and players know they are the same person.

I believe its raising an out of bounds or other type of exception caused by an out of range index. That's been my thoughts from the beginning. You have designed the limit to be 96, and your data is defined for a max level of 96, but your code is not range checking the data and is either exceeding the range, or indexing a data table with an out of range value. Your expection handler is closing the game. You should be able to just look at the data for the Level table and possibly the code and easily figure this out. This should be a simple problem to identify and solve.

There should be enough info provided to create the Select statements to access your database. And unless you log the exception data in your database, I'm not sure what additional information you can get from the data besides what people have told you.

When I say "you" I mean TL.

But there are so few people reaching Level 98, there are more important things to work on. Like stopping the force closes that are contantly happening now.

I meant the players who had posted this issue previously in the forums.
The issue has been confirmed and fixed. So those who had reached passed level 96 can now login again.

xcellent
12-16-11, 05:34 PM
Does it mean we can reach beyond level 98 without being locked up?

jimbobbillyray
01-09-12, 05:31 PM
Does anyone know if imoji...is still on farm story? Was the only 97 on there I knew of and used to ALWAYS be on the community wall but in the past week or so hasn't been. I figured got locked out.

nmishii
01-09-12, 05:34 PM
I used to see imoji all the time. Recently I haven't, and have no idea where he went. Hopefully he'll be back.

pinkster73
01-09-12, 05:49 PM
Maybe he wasn't real

IngeVienna
03-02-12, 03:12 AM
the ID was

vivamacau

I foun it on the old forum:
http://cssc.24d24.com/t81-cs-new-version-group

maybe you can find there some more missing members

greetings
Inge

TheRandomDude
03-02-12, 01:15 PM
This HAS to be fixed... It is unfair that Teamlava "locks down" your account just because u played several years...
Teamlava is treating these people like hackers when they are just people like us playing the game but played for soo long that they surpassed the limit... Some of these people (like Jenny) spend hundreds+ dollars on gems/city cash etc... And they no longer have access!?! This has to be fixed.

TheRandomDude
03-02-12, 01:18 PM
Does it mean we can reach beyond level 98 without being locked up?

I don't think this has been fixed. My real life friend reached level 98 on city and he can no longer access the app. (3 days ago) I went over to see what was happening and it seemed when he tried to open his app it just crashe and goes right to springboard.. He deleted/re-installed etc... Teamlava staff, Plz double check this bug/glitch because this only happened 3 days ago..

greygull
03-02-12, 01:32 PM
On this thread in post 32 - BP answered that this has been fixed. If it has occurred to someone new, have them email support.

mingboo
03-09-12, 05:17 AM
This HAS to be fixed... It is unfair that Teamlava "locks down" your account just because u played several years...
Teamlava is treating these people like hackers when they are just people like us playing the game but played for soo long that they surpassed the limit... Some of these people (like Jenny) spend hundreds+ dollars on gems/city cash etc... And they no longer have access!?! This has to be fixed.

Well Jenny has been able to access her game now!! But to "correct" you, she did not spend hundreds of dollars, she spent thousands!!!:eek::eek: