PDA

View Full Version : The Great Update Date: November 4!

bawpotter
11-03-11, 05:16 PM
Well, it is almost here! The Great RS Update Date! Monday held host to Halloween, the annual festival of spookiness, and I hope that you all enjoyed it very much! I know that I enjoyed it, with Mummy Pizza, Witch Soup, Eyeball Stew, Bat Wings, Pumpkin Porridge, and much more! Amazingly, Thanksgiving (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving_(United_States)) is only THREE weeks away! Where did the time go? Since Thanksgiving is the biggest holiday of the year for cooks and chefs throughout North America, I expect to be seeing some new Thanksgiving-related content. We won't be seeing any this week though, but we do have two new recipe teasers from GM, Baked Pears & Meat Pie!

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad218/NormantheFarmer/rest_tease_pear.png

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad218/NormantheFarmer/rest_tease_meatpie.png

These two new dishes look absolutely delicious, and I think they woud be paired well with a little bit of hopes and fine wine. Sadly, we don't have any wine in this fine establishment, but we do have hopes.

1. A new generic coin item! (Too much gem stuff recently)
2. A new app store update! (I could go for some new features!)
3. A 40% off gem sale!

In the mean time, let's all get ready for The Great Update Date!

redbites
11-03-11, 05:23 PM
I wish TL would release some more food for the stove

bawpotter
11-03-11, 06:40 PM
I personally prefer the oven... I think the recipe selection is better.

cyjalvin
11-03-11, 09:13 PM
Is this update with the current restaurant story or another application? I seriously don't want to repeat what I did for the Halloween version... End up not getting the free raven tree...

greygull
11-03-11, 09:14 PM
I believe just a normal update. If you play on the Halloween version, I think it will be there as well.

bullseyes
11-04-11, 02:02 AM
Yum these new recipes are my favorite ones yet!!!

Cutie4life900
11-04-11, 10:30 AM
Why havn't I gotten the weekly update yet? Im on android..

greygull
11-04-11, 10:53 AM
Still about 10 minutes until the RS release :)

lambyo
11-04-11, 11:06 AM
Just got it - 50 gems for a fortune teller thingie. Two new recipes, not yet available on my appliances. Also, a Fair Banner, which I can't find. Hopefully they will show up shortly.

greygull
11-04-11, 11:28 AM
Baked Pears - Oven - 8 hours - 900 coins cost - 825 plates - +77 xp - +3300 coins
Meat Pie - Oven - 16 hours - 1600 coin cost - 1725 plates - +138 xp - +6900 coins
Fortune Teller - 50 gems
Fair Banner - 30,000 coins

Sorry no screenshots - my iPad didn't get the update yet (gotta wait until Tuesday), and my Droid screenshots I can't pull out of the phone yet.

Yarox
11-04-11, 11:41 AM
ok here we go, the picture for this week's update, enjoy ;)

http://i42.tinypic.com/16h3kgy.jpg

nmishii
11-04-11, 11:43 AM
On Android,
Meat Pie shows up under Dinner but not All. Another recipe with the messed up cookbook problem.
Baked Pears show up under Lunch and All.

nmishii
11-04-11, 11:45 AM
On Android,
Meat Pie shows up under Dinner but not All. Another recipe with the messed up cookbook problem.

Never mind. Meat Pie just doesn't show up at the beginning of the list.

greygull
11-04-11, 11:45 AM
On Android,

I have Meat Pie under both. Same with Baked Pears. On mine, the order for all is currently : Baked Pears, Mummy Pizza, Meat Pie on the first page.

nmishii
11-04-11, 12:01 PM
I have Meat Pie under both. Same with Baked Pears. On mine, the order for all is currently : Baked Pears, Mummy Pizza, Meat Pie on the first page.

Thanks. I noticed that after I posted. Did the same for BS Graveyard Brownies a couple of weeks ago. I need to stop assuming the new content will be at the beginning like it used to be.

greygull
11-04-11, 12:06 PM
Thanks. I noticed that after I posted. Did the same for BS Graveyard Brownies a couple of weeks ago. I need to stop assuming the new content will be at the beginning like it used to be.

I've noticed that too. I think maybe the new items (especially the Halloween things) might not have assigned places in the cookbooks yet, so they are remaining in the front, even when newer items come out.

bawpotter
11-04-11, 12:14 PM
Yeah, I tihnk that is what happened. I am redownloading normal versions now, haven't yet opened them.

redbites
11-04-11, 01:41 PM
Yes!!!! Woohoooo!! I love 16 hour recipes!!

Hawaiianmomma
11-04-11, 03:39 PM
Anybody got the fortune teller tent yet?

Joypickles
11-04-11, 04:17 PM
No, was wondering if they are now going with a 'fairground' type theme for RS. Not sure if I need a fotune teller tent in a restaurant but would still like to see a pic just in case it turns out I do. lol.

caljean
11-04-11, 04:26 PM
Love the recipes. Like the banner too. But didn't get fortune teller. Why? Will I get them by Tuesday. Did anyone get free gift offer. If you do. Please post pics. Thank you

kooky panda
11-04-11, 04:30 PM
Love the recipes. Like the banner too. But didn't get fortune teller. Why? Will I get them by Tuesday. Did anyone get free gift offer. If you do. Please post pics. Thank you
fortune teller is the special offer sent out to random players. cost 50 gems

No free gift with gem purchase this week

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/82808371.jpg

caljean
11-04-11, 04:35 PM
Thanks kooky

Rachael98
11-04-11, 04:36 PM
fortune teller is the special offer sent out to random players. cost 50 gems

No free gift with gem purchase this week

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/82808371.jpg

I think it's a shame that they have (currently, at least) not done FGw/G Offers, because they definitely got a lot of my neighbours spending!

dinoman23
11-04-11, 05:54 PM
Does anyone know if the pastry couch in bs will be released by Tuesday or if it's only being offered to certain groups? iPod got it but not my iPad. It's so cute, must have!

Rachael98
11-04-11, 06:02 PM
Does anyone know if the pastry couch in bs will be released by Tuesday or if it's only being offered to certain groups? iPod got it but not my iPad. It's so cute, must have!

I think just randomly?

kooky panda
11-04-11, 06:08 PM
I am also pretty sure the special offers are sent out to random players.

27Redd
11-04-11, 07:38 PM
If anyone bought the fortune teller can you post actual picture of it in your restaurant? Thanks! :)

dinoman23
11-04-11, 08:22 PM
Well, I have the limited offers in rs and fs but not my bs. So I should have it I think. I did get the new tables n chairs and the jam cookies. I am on iPad with the latest n greatest updates. Any more suggestions? Thanks!

kooky panda
11-04-11, 09:04 PM
Well, I have the limited offers in rs and fs but not my bs. So I should have it I think. I did get the new tables n chairs and the jam cookies. I am on iPad with the latest n greatest updates. Any more suggestions? Thanks!
The limited offers go out randomly to different players . It is not based on storm ID's so you may get the offers for some games and not others.

dinoman23
11-04-11, 09:46 PM
I'm sure I'm not the first or last to say it, but that just stinks. I don't understand their thinking since they just lost out on gems that I and others would've paid for that item. I guess I shall just have to covet my nbrs pastry couches! Harrumpff!

Cutie4life900
11-05-11, 12:14 AM
Im on android, and I still HAVN'T gotten the update!! No new recipes have showed up! :/
Whats the deal?

nmishii
11-05-11, 01:10 AM
I'm on Android also.

If you haven't gotten the weekly update (baked pears, meat pie, fair banner) then you'll have it by Tuesday. The weekly updates roll out between Fri and Tues.

The limited time offer (fortune teller) is available to a random number of people.

Cutie4life900
11-05-11, 12:07 PM
Oh okay, ive always gotten the updates on.fridays, so I was just making sure. Havnt gotten it yet, but am getting pop ups for the limited time fortune teller, but nothing on the stove yet. :/ hopefully by tuesday I will!

Hawaiianmomma
11-05-11, 01:55 PM



LoveLove My Soothsayer's Digz..it's tagged with My Only Most Important Signs




Hawaiianmomma
11-05-11, 02:06 PM
 . 
. .
. .
. .
. .
. . 
mahalonui.


Lyncha
11-05-11, 02:53 PM
Here is my Fortune Teller Booth. Sorry I could not imbed images in post.

kooky panda
11-05-11, 03:07 PM
Here is my Fortune Teller Booth. Sorry I could not imbed images in post.

http://forums.teamlava.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1752&d=1320529932http://forums.teamlava.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1751&d=1320529918

27Redd
11-05-11, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the pics! How many squares does it cover? 4? It's soooo cute! Keeping fingers crossed for gem sale :)

Lyncha
11-05-11, 05:31 PM
Thanks for posting Kooky. Yes Redd, covers 4 tiles.
Also, I did get the invitation for the couch in BS. If I purchase I will
Post pics in the BS forum.

goldenwaves
11-05-11, 06:57 PM
I'm on Iphone and I STILL haven't gotten the update either. I get the annoying pop-up for the Fortune Teller booth but no update. :(

Why does there seem there is constant glitches with the games lately?

popszz
11-05-11, 06:59 PM
By update u mean new tasks if this is so i m also hving this issue

kooky panda
11-05-11, 07:00 PM
I'm on Iphone and I STILL haven't gotten the update either. I get the annoying pop-up for the Fortune Teller booth but no update. :(

Why does there seem there is constant glitches with the games lately?
updates roll out over days you should have the update by Tuesday. The limited offers( fortune teller) are independent from the updates.

reokster
11-07-11, 05:17 AM
so, i have a question. For some reason i don' t get quests in RS but i receive all the updates like clockwork. On the other hand...i DO get quests in BS and the updates regularly. What would be the reason?? On a side note....i don't have the bouncy stars in BS which i'm VERY happy about. I think they're annoying anyway.

kooky panda
11-07-11, 05:42 AM
so, i have a question. For some reason i don' t get quests in RS but i receive all the updates like clockwork. On the other hand...i DO get quests in BS and the updates regularly. What would be the reason?? On a side note....i don't have the bouncy stars in BS which i'm VERY happy about. I think they're annoying anyway.

The tasks/quests are sent out randomly to different games , they are not sent out by storm Id. You may have in one game and not another.
Same goes for the bouncy stars.

bawpotter
11-07-11, 01:38 PM
I hope that there will one day be an option to turn off bouncy stars...

alyssalove09
11-07-11, 03:17 PM
Why haven't I got the weekly update???

nmishii
11-07-11, 03:19 PM
Why haven't I got the weekly update???

See post 43

bawpotter
11-08-11, 07:44 PM
Everybody should now have their updates. The rollout is finished.