PDA

View Full Version : What we want to see in the next update

Unregistered
10-18-10, 04:40 PM
I want to be able to rotate buildings in all directions to allow me to put houses on both sides of the road and so I can make shopping centers with buildings facing eachother

Add me: sharrer

Unregistered
10-18-10, 07:18 PM
You should get a to pick where your two rows of expansion go. On the back two sides or two rows on 1 side.

djgold11
10-18-10, 10:15 PM
Would like to see quarter-square alley or pedestrian promenade patches that we could incorporate between buildings just like hedges or flowers. Also, rivers and roads that are offset by one half square should still be able to merge. Would like to see 4 river segments merge into a lake rather than having a sandbar island in the middle.

Unregistered
10-19-10, 12:50 AM
I would really like to see a button to turn Coin to Cash. Since there is a Cash to Coin isn't it plausible to have a way to boost Cash by converting coins instead of only being able to pay real money or wait for the occasional one city dollar that pops up every two weeks or whatever? Of coarse they will never ever let you redeem coin for cash. Why you ask? because Team Greedy wouldn't make any money that's why.

Below is an email chain between me and Team Lava. It really points out their greed in an underlaying fashion if you get my drift. I wasn't even asking for a refund just an adjustment which wouldn't take any money away from their bulging pockets.

I've removed my name and reversed the order so it reads from first email to latest for ease of reading.

Xxxxxxx Xxxxx, Oct 01 17:53 (PDT):
I want to start out by saying you have a great game. I've been playing it for a few weeks now. I have unfortunately also spent a fair amount of real cash on purchasing game cash to get a number of magic case items. I have small problem that I hope you would be willing to rectify. I've spent $10 twice and $50 unintentionally by my 7 year old who's unsupervised attempted to buy another $10 ended in a $50 purchase which is really my fault so I can?t blame anyone but myself on that one. So all said and done, at this point I'm into your "free" game for $70 USD. That's a tidy profit for team lava of which I don't have a problem. My problem lies with the purchased Magic Case duplicate Items that were repeatedly rewarded and coincidentally never once included a rare item in the group. Now I love a surprise as much as the next guy but I was highly disappointed when I was rewarded with the same items again and again. Even If I were rewarded with numerous lower level Magic Case items of a different nature that would be acceptable, not great but at least useful. Spending $70 on duplicate items is a bit hard to take. I can now virtually supply all of the west coast and Hawaii with ice cream made from the plethora of ice cream shops I now own. And two "Big Bens" come on, Really? Why would I want to put two of those on my cityscape or really any duplicate items that are rare or otherwise for spending real money? I would not. Either can I sell them for anything close to what I spent, just to trade that little amount in on plain items that I don?t have. At least that might be useful if the trade-in amount were generous but it is not.

I would like to ask you to make this right and in the process I would certainly feel better. I don?t believe your intent of the players of City Story is to feel anything close to disappointment or some another kind of negative emotion. If you would change the way the Magic Case delivers it's goods so less duplicates or better yet no duplicates are delivered it would be much appreciated. Even if it's too late to benefit me I'm sure others would appreciate it and still purchase again and again as long as something new and different was awarded until items previously purchased run out. You shouldn't lose sales from making those changes. I would like to think you would get more. I would certainly go back to get more and more additional new exciting items. If there is any way you could help me out with replacement items or reimburse my account with City Cash I would be very grateful. I?m not asking for a real money refund I just want to feel I?ve spent my money in a way in which I intended, fairly and not *****ed. I can't say I would purchase any more Magic Case items until there is a fix for the issue I've outlined but I certainly wouldn?t have a problem purchasing the cash only items that are available and have a pre-purchase icon to show me what I pick it what I get.

If you have any questions or would like to contact me for any reason, especially to correct this matter, please don?t hesitate to email or call me.

Storm8 ID: xxxxxxxxxxx
City name: ? Xxxxxx Xxxx?

email me at:

xxx@xxxxx.com

You may also call me at:

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Sincerely,
Xxxxxxx Xxxxx

TeamLava Support Red, Oct 04, 2010 (PDT):
Hi Darrell,

Thank you for your message. We would like to clarify any confusion caused by this item. We have adjusted the item based on recent player feedback already. You will be less likely to get a duplicate item now than before. Even though you still have a chance of getting a duplicate item, it is less frequent.

For more information on the Discovery Chest and Magic Case items, please follow this link: http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?1618-Discovery-Chest-Explanation. Please also let us know anything else we can do to improve these items or your gameplay experience. Thank you.

Yours,
TeamLava Support Red

Xxxxxxx Xxxxx, Oct 04 2010 (PDT):
So since it was a problem that has been fixed and it seemed to be a customer issue I would like to ask you to make me feel better as a paying customer and reimburse a portion of the city cash that I spent on duplicate items. I think that would only be fair. You won't be out any real cash and I would feel better as a paying customer. Per my original email I spent a total of $70 in US dollars so how about putting 275 city cash into my player account? That would satisfy me.

Xxxxxxx Xxxxx

TeamLava Support Red, Oct 04, 2010 (PDT):
Hi Xxxxxxx,

Thank you for your message and we do understand your frustration. The item was working as intended from the beginning. However, our team is happy to listen to suggestions and feedback from our players in areas they wish to see changes. We will try to adopt as many ideas as possible to improve the game.

If this had been a bug with the system, we would issue a refund, but this is not the case. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you.

Yours,
TeamLava Support Red

Xxxxxx Xxxxx, Oct 04, 2010 (PDT):
Well that is unfortunate as I will never purchase again.

Xxxxxxx

Xxxxxxx Xxxxx, Oct 04, 2010 (PDT):
If your product worked as "intended" from the beginning then why did you change it? Because your customers were not happy. Is that a case where your team is happy to listen to suggestions and feedback and do the right thing by fixing a problem that irritates and frustrates your clients right out of their money? Because I don't see it and mine certainly is not that type of case. I didn't ask for a refund which would have been the right thing to do. I asked for some compensation of a problem that you fixed because it was wrong. No money out of your pocket. No trouble for you to make a customer feel better about feeling ripped off. If you truly understood my "frustration" you would make accommodations for fixing the customer relationship that has now dissolved. Customer Service apparently is not TeamLava's strong suit. If the client customer relationship is so important to TeamLava, you would make this right. So don't apologize for my "inconvenience" and say "thank you" for something you obviously don't care about. It's just insulting. It's really too bad customer service is so poor in most areas of business. Maybe you haven't heard of the saying about treat a customer right and he'll tell one person, treat a customer wrong and he'll tell 10. I'm sure you'll be hearing from many more unsatisfied customers prior to your company closing it's doors because of poor sales.

Please forward this to the owner of TeamLava I would like to hear what their opinion is in this matter.

Xxxxxxx Xxxxx
xxxx@xxxxx.com

TeamLava Support Red, Oct 05, 2010 (PDT):
Hi Xxxxxxx Xxxxx,

Thank you for your feedback. We'll forward this to the development team for consideration to see if some sort of compensation can be thought of for players who have purchased the items.

Please understand that as customer service representatives, we are not able to decide on these matters. We do apologize for not being able to support you better in this case.

Thank you.

Yours,
TeamLava Support Red