PDA

View Full Version : Unable to play at certain times

filo66
11-03-11, 08:31 AM
I've noticed that RS becomes unplayable in the early evening PST. If I try to play from 6:00 to 10:00 or so the servers are so lagged that I drop connection constantly (out of sync with server), I can't gift, tips I collect magically re-appear, food I serve magically pops back on to the stove and so on.

My guess is that the servers are bogged down at that hour.

I'm playing RS 1.2.1 a Droid X with Android version 2.3.3.

Phthon
11-03-11, 09:34 AM
I play at that time as well and I haven't noticed any lag or out of sync messages.

filo66
11-03-11, 09:42 AM
I play at that time as well and I haven't noticed any lag or out of sync messages.

Well, I guess it's possible that I'm just in a 3G dead zone at the time (since I'm usually at home) so a test over WiFi is in order, but I don't have problems with other network access (browsers, other games, etc.)

Phthon
11-03-11, 09:44 AM
Could be that. I play on WiFi. Who is your phone's carrier?

filo66
11-03-11, 09:51 AM
Could be that. I play on WiFi. Who is your phone's carrier?

Verizon. I usually get very good coverage with them. Much better than AT&T ever was.

barleycoon
11-03-11, 10:22 AM
I had issues a while back,while my connection would just keep going at certain times.Luckily my WIFI seems much better now,it was such a pain,hope it gets better for you.

Phthon
11-03-11, 12:32 PM
Verizon. I usually get very good coverage with them. Much better than AT&T ever was.

Yeah, Verizon is MUCH better than AT&T. Try it with WiFi or picking a different spot to sit and play (may need to rearrange the furniture!:D)

Rachael98
11-03-11, 12:47 PM
Yeah, Verizon is MUCH better than AT&T. Try it with WiFi or picking a different spot to sit and play (may need to rearrange the furniture!:D)

Yes; WiFi is just short range though.
I almost needed to change all my rooms around to get access:rolleyes:

barleycoon
11-03-11, 01:18 PM
Yes; WiFi is just short range though.
I almost needed to change all my rooms around to get access:rolleyes:

It's a pain when I'm upstairs,the signal is very poor.