PDA

View Full Version : Wall Bullying - Personal Game Playing Rules

easby06
11-02-11, 09:43 PM
Since last month, I have been receiving nasty wall postings from some players.

I have established my own personal game playing rules for anyone wanting to be my neighbor. I have posted these rules on my wall for all to see. The rules are as follows:

1. I only accept neighbor requests from three and four stars players.
2. You must be a serious game player and qualify.
3. You must visit daily as I do to tip and gift.
4. You must post your visit on my wall to count. Newsfeed posting does not count only because newsfeed deletes the notifications if you don't get to them in time. This is how I track visits.
5. You must maintain your star ranking by not falling below three stars.
6. I also inform all that I delete neighbors who do not hold their end of the gaming agreement.

One post states, "Not to submit a neighbor request if you do not meet the above-mentioned qualifications." The last post is when I would provide my STORMID.

This is where the problem or bullying starts:

1. I delete neighbors for not holding up to their end of the game playing agreement. Before I delete, I give the full six tips, gift, and provide the reason for the deletion. Despite this, some write negative comments about me being unfair and mean.

When I don't respond back or delete their nonsensical rantings and ravings immediately, they would get others on their bandwagon and they inturn would start posting, how mean I am and that I am bullying their friend.

I would see my name on walls that I'm visiting to tip stating the same thing and asking them to join in their crusade. Now, I'm posting explaining myself about my personal game playing rules and that I'm not bullying anyone.

2. Now, if after reading my wall postings noting what type of neighbor I'm looking for, why would you submit a neighbor request?

So, I see the star ratings and immediately delete. There's no need for me to provide an explanation.

These type of players are the worst. Needless to say, multiply above by 50%. This is what I get.

It is every players choice on whether or not they want to be my neighbor. Since I did not submit the neighbor requests, a neighbor request submitted and accepted is an aggreance to my game playing rules. I did not beg or hold a *** to anyone's head to submit or remain as my neighbor. We all have choices.

I am curious to know if anyone have their own game playing rules and stragety.

Thanks
TruBlu

barleycoon
11-03-11, 12:28 AM
Hi Easby,I'm sorry your having problems,you can report inappropriate etc comments to support@teamlava.com.
You,have the right to state these requests for nbrs,but I'm afraid others may get satisfaction out of being particulary unkind.There are good and kind nbrs out their,it may seem at times they do not exist,but they do.
The delete button for nbrs is completly personal choice,no one has the right to be nasty.Because they were simply deleted as a nbr.Take care.

barleycoon
11-03-11, 12:48 AM
If you report these comments,you need to enclose the screenshots of the comments etc and the storm8 ID of the player who posted the comment.if you don't know the storm8 ID,if the comment is on your wall,leave it their for Team Lava,and enclose your storm8 ID.Also mention which story game it is too.

Rachael98
11-03-11, 12:51 AM
I think it's good that you have got yourself some conditions and expectations (though, as barley says, you can e-mail TeamLava Support (support@teamlava.com)). Whilst not everyone has to follow them, I have similar expectations; though I don't write them down.

Rachael98
11-03-11, 12:53 AM
If you report these comments,you need to enclose the screenshots of the comments etc and the storm8 ID of the player who posted the comment.if you don't know the storm8 ID,if the comment is on your wall,leave it their for Team Lava,and enclose your storm8 ID.Also mention which story game it is too.

You always need to give your ID anyway. Failing screenshots, write what was said.

barleycoon
11-03-11, 12:55 AM
I also don't tell nbrs anymore that I'm deleting them,I kind off hope they don't notice.As,this sort of bullying does go on and you could lose alot of nbrs,when they get involved.I always delete nbr posts,so it lessens they risk others can Bad mouth you.

pinkberry22
11-03-11, 01:57 AM
Hi there
I saw u couple of time and saw the msgs u got about being bully and believe me most of them are kids who just started playing!
And ya I have rules about adding new nighbors I say that I don't add anyone below 3 star
Cuz I used to add all kinds of ppl then half of them don't even like me or AT LEAST like back
So started to delete some neighbors every week who I don't see them for like weeks
That's why I made the rule
And I got a few msgs saying I'm mean and not fair too haha
But I don't care for them xP
Just if they got very bad with u, u can just report them for support

kattybell
11-03-11, 03:13 AM
I agree with your rules, as I do too have my own rules when I add new neighbors.

barleycoon
11-03-11, 06:00 AM
You always need to give your ID anyway. Failing screenshots, write what was said.

I thought,we had to provide the screenshots or leave the evidence on your wall.So support are able to investigate,also they need the Storm8 ID or a link to the player who said the comments,that's what I was trying to make clear I hope.

Rachael98
11-03-11, 08:42 AM
I agree with your rules, as I do too have my own rules when I add new neighbors.

I would...but I'm maxed (personally) anyway:p.

I thought,we had to provide the screenshots or leave the evidence on your wall.So support are able to investigate,also they need the Storm8 ID or a link to the player who said the comments,that's what I was trying to make clear I hope.

I'd always include:
-The game;
-Your ID;
-Their ID (OR the ID of the wall it was written on OR leave a message (I don't recommend it) and make that apparent);
-Screenshots (OR what was written)

nmishii
11-03-11, 09:19 AM
I don't post nbr requirements on my wall, or say I'm not accepting nbrs. I've read posts where people who do this get messages posted back telling them that they are mean. I have never gotten a mean or inappropriate message posted on my wall. I don't post my storm8 ID.

I don't require that people gift and tip/water daily, but I do have to see them doing at least one or the other. I stop tipping/watering those who repeatedly don't reciprocate. I read my nbr's wall and monitor their actions before I delete them since often people can't play for a short period for a very good reason. I'll often post "Are you still playing?" on people's walls.

In answer to your question, "Now, if after reading my wall postings noting what type of neighbor I'm looking for, why would you submit a neighbor request?" its because some people will do anything to get another neighbor, especially one that will tip/water/like and gift daily. I have posted in the Add Me thread that I only gift and receive dog bowls, and several people have added me and sent me only chickens and apple trees. I have added people from the Materials Only thread and gotten valentine cupcakes or other food items. I see people posted in both the Stew Only and Materials Only Add Me thread minutes apart. People post that they gift and tip daily but don't. Some people will say anything and do anything to get another neighbor.

I hope your issue with those people posting on your wall gets resolved quick. Good luck.

pinkster73
11-03-11, 09:45 AM
Please don't take this the wrong way, but when I read all your rules and how they were worded it seemed harsh. Maybe try writing it a little nicer? Personally I have rules but I don't post them and I never tell someone when I delete them.

Rachael98
11-03-11, 09:52 AM
Please don't take this the wrong way, but when I read all your rules and how they were worded it seemed harsh. Maybe try writing it a little nicer? Personally I have rules but I don't post them and I never tell someone when I delete them.

Really? I didn't think so; perhaps that's because mine are pretty much the same...:p

pinkster73
11-03-11, 10:08 AM
Really? I didn't think so; perhaps that's because mine are pretty much the same...:p

You have rules posted? I've never seen them

barleycoon
11-03-11, 10:17 AM
It's so difficult with rules,i'm not sure? Sometimes do people see it as a challenge,but being nasty is never called for.
Its not nice,when others are involved and it causes more distress to that player.

Rachael98
11-03-11, 10:21 AM
You have rules posted? I've never seen them

No; you're a Forum Member, so they don't apply to you. I'll keep you there whatever happens:).

LCAHEARTS
11-03-11, 11:57 AM

I don't think it's written harshly. I do think in a way it's written unrealistically. Not everyone has the time to not only play the game, but play the game exactly by someone's specific rules. For example, if I visited and liked/tipped...my star rating is at a 4, I just didn't leave a wall comment because I was in a hurry.....suddenly I broke a rule and whatnot? I don't think there is anything wrong with the rules other than the fact that even the best neighbor ever will sometimes fail at it sometimes because real life must come first.

With that being said, I don't understand why people are so immature that they have to "bully/fight back" on the issue. It's just a game, and a personal game at that. If a player wants to delete you on their own terms, then so be it. Fashion Story is not lacking players who give out their ID's...it wouldn't be so hard to find a "replacement" if that's what the bully is upset over. I am lucky to not have dealt with this situation on my wall ever, and 80% of my neighbors I've had since within the first month of ever playing (forever ago)....some people just really need to grow up. In the end, it's just a game.

kattybell
11-03-11, 12:02 PM
I don't think it's written harshly. I do think in a way it's written unrealistically. Not everyone has the time to not only play the game, but play the game exactly by someone's specific rules. For example, if I visited and liked/tipped...my star rating is at a 4, I just didn't leave a wall comment because I was in a hurry.....suddenly I broke a rule and whatnot? I don't think there is anything wrong with the rules other than the fact that even the best neighbor ever will sometimes fail at it sometimes because real life must come first.

With that being said, I don't understand why people are so immature that they have to "bully/fight back" on the issue. It's just a game, and a personal game at that. If a player wants to delete you on their own terms, then so be it. Fashion Story is not lacking players who give out their ID's...it wouldn't be so hard to find a "replacement" if that's what the bully is upset over. I am lucky to not have dealt with this situation on my wall ever, and 80% of my neighbors I've had since within the first month of ever playing (forever ago)....some people just really need to grow up. In the end, it's just a game.

Very well put! It is just a game in the end.

j0dst3r
11-03-11, 12:17 PM
I never tell people I'm deleting them. If they ask why they were deleted then you tell them why.. Lol

j0dst3r
11-03-11, 12:25 PM
Just looked at your wall (I'm your neighbor lol). Maybe you shouldn't post your ID on your wall. If people want to be neighbors and follow the rules maybe then you can post your ID to them! Like someone said.. People are desperate for neighbors and if they see an ID they just add! I know I did when I first started! Good luck <3

nmishii
11-03-11, 12:29 PM
For the last week I am 3-4 stars in BS, otherwise I have been 4 stars in 3 games for the time I have played. I always post visits on nbrs' walls. Depending on how much time I have, I'll either tip/water all, most, some or no nbrs, but I always tip/water back from both my news feed and wall. I would have no problem following the rules in the first post. Yet I would not add a nbr with rules that stringent. I have seen rules like that in the Add Me threads, and even though I could follow them, did not add the nbr because of the tone. You can keep the rules and follow through with them, but if they were milder in the post, there might not be as many problems.

barleycoon
11-03-11, 12:47 PM
I strongly believe,there is no excuse for rudeness or meanness,and everyone has the right to play and choose nbrs.if that player decides to have rules,that too should be allowed.This player believes by having these rules,everyone who wishes to be a nbr should at least try to follow them.It does state what is expected of them.
Others will take advantage,and this player just wants good Nbrs,like we all do I'm sure.

nmishii
11-03-11, 01:01 PM
Everyone has a right to post whatever rules they want and follow through with them. People in this thread are trying to provide feedback to better lure the good nbrs and better prevent harassment from rude and immature people. Last week there was a whole thread of people who said they were told they were mean just because they posted, in various ways, that they were not accepting new nbrs. I did not know that happened until then, and I can't believe people would call others mean for those posts. This is the same type of situation.

barleycoon
11-03-11, 01:09 PM
I am in total support of the member who posted, I have given my views and I respect the members right to have rules,if that is so decided.No one should be picked on because they post rules,many do this and it's totally a personal decision.
I would never try to sway anyone,it's their choice,I've simply stated what to do in terms of contacting support etc.

sehana
11-03-11, 01:17 PM
Those are reasonable guidelines. I also post on my wall, but only the fact that I am a wife and mother and go to school, so I don't play daily ( I would very much like to :) ). But I also get posts of rudeness and get called names on my wall occasionally, even though I have stated I have a family & full course load that comes first. I do not let it get to me though as I have bigger more important things to worry about than silly people harassing players because they don't tip/gift back daily. There is a delete button that they can also use if they like, no need for inappropriate comments :)

barleycoon
11-03-11, 01:21 PM
Those are reasonable guidelines. I also post on my wall, but only the fact that I am a wife and mother and go to school, so I don't play daily ( I would very much like to :) ). But I also get posts of rudeness and get called names on my wall occasionally, even though I have stated I have a family & full course load that comes first. I do not let it get to me though as I have bigger more important things to worry about than silly people harassing players because they don't tip/gift back daily. There is a delete button that they can also use if they like, no need for inappropriate comments :)
Your such a lovely nbr and yes the delete button is their to be used.I totally agree, never any need for inappropriate behaviour.Or to involve others, that's just silly and very unkind.

nmishii
11-03-11, 01:59 PM
So, we have people receiving negative posts because:

> They post nbr requirements
> They say they can't play daily
> They say they're not accepting new nbrs

I think I'll stick with not posting any of these types of comments on my wall.

When I accept a nbr, I will post on their wall some notes on how I play and the constructable I would like to receive parts for, as well as asking them what they want. I have never gotten negative comments on this either, and no one has deleted me for that initial post.

You can always use the Add Me threads or Neighbor Finder http://sehanafortress.com/tl_id to post your requirements and pick you neighbors with little chance of being harassed in-game. But from experience, some people adding you from either will ignore your requests and will not live up to what they post.

nmishii
11-03-11, 03:13 PM
I strongly believe,there is no excuse for rudeness or meanness,and everyone has the right to play and choose nbrs.if that player decides to have rules,that too should be allowed.This player believes by having these rules,everyone who wishes to be a nbr should at least try to follow them.It does state what is expected of them.
Others will take advantage,and this player just wants good Nbrs,like we all do I'm sure.

I am in total support of the member who posted, I have given my views and I respect the members right to have rules,if that is so decided.No one should be picked on because they post rules,many do this and it's totally a personal decision.
I would never try to sway anyone,it's their choice,I've simply stated what to do in terms of contacting support etc.

Anyone can post whatever they want on their walls, as long as its appropriate. The originator's only request was, "I am curious to know if anyone have their own game playing rules and stragety." and I have provided posts here that discuss how I play in answer to his request. That person can take the inputs from all the posters, and choose to adjust his post or keep it as is. The originator did not ask for help in contacting support but that is helpful also.

lesleypsg1
11-03-11, 03:29 PM
I don't have rules. I play for sheer enjoyment. My world has enough rules. I don't post mssgs either when I visit and tend. If I did, I wouldn't be able to tend everyone back who visited me...my days get overwhelmingly busy. These games are a stress release. The moment they turn into a stressor, they're gone. That includes having to live by/up to another's expectations. I'm generally a 4 star sometimes slipping to 3. I neither put out nbr requests, nor do I accept them. Thats the way I play. If one of my many nbrs don't like the way I play, they're free to delete me. No hard feelings. No feelings at all. It's just a game. It's strange because I've heard of others having tribulations like you describe, yet I've never, in the year andva half I've played ever had to contend with a troll.

That said, you have every right to play the way you wish. If another doesn't want to play the same way, then a simple delete without explanation may serve you better than telling them why. If they're that bad of a nbr, they probably won't notice you deleted. Then for sure you're rid of them with less risk of getting annoyed by a teenaged troll :)

Good luck

barleycoon
11-03-11, 03:35 PM
Anyone can post whatever they want on their walls, as long as its appropriate. The originator's only request was, "I am curious to know if anyone have their own game playing rules and stragety." and I have provided posts here that discuss how I play in answer to his request. That person can take the inputs from all the posters, and choose to adjust his post or keep it as is. The originator did not ask for help in contacting support but that is helpful also.
I will always advise going to support,if inappropriate comments have been posted so support can investigate.
The OP can choose whichever rules they want to follow regarding nbrs,it's others who should be mature and cope if they are deleted.

nmishii
11-03-11, 03:41 PM
I will always advise going to support,if inappropriate comments have been posted so support can investigate.
The OP can choose whichever rules they want to follow regarding nbrs,it's others who should be mature and cope if they are deleted.

Thank you for agreeing with me that help in contacting support is helpful, and that the poster can chose to post whatever he/she wants.

easby06
11-03-11, 04:10 PM
I want to say THANK YOU for your honest opinions and game experiences as well. I enjoyed reading all of them. And to my neighbor, I hope I am an excellent game player to you. What's your store's name?

This is the only game I play. So, I am able to focus and play my game. As you all know, having and being a neighbor is much more than gifting and tipping. An excellent playing neighbor gets you maxed coins and experience stars. The coins are great, but the experience stars are much better when you are trying to advance levels. Of course, there's other ways of doing this also.

These games are not age or maturity restricted, so we never know who is playing at level 60 versus level 6. This also includes the gender of the player. I have been tempted several times to include a playing level as I have also seen on wall posts. I have perceived and have come to the conclusion that the majority of the level-headed mature players are at 50 and above. Now remember, I said the "majority" and not "all".

In all this, the thing I hate the most is when they write on another player's wall asking them; at times pressuring them to join with them in posting or barraging your wall with their rantings. They often times get around the sensorship by their clever way of writing such as [removed] or the whimsical icons that we all so love.

I have gone the TEAMLAVA route and did get a quick response in dealing with a store named [removed]. But, you know what one wrote just yesterday? "I don't if you go and report me, I will just buy another iPhone and download the game, change my name and be back." Now how can TeamLava overcome that? They can't.

I guess we will all have to deal and expect this to happen sometime during our game play.

Again, thanks so much for the input. Come by and see my store.

TruBlu

easby06
11-03-11, 04:12 PM
What is your store's name?

easby06
11-03-11, 04:22 PM
[QUOTE=lesleypsg1;165748] I neither put out nbr requests, nor do I accept them.

Just out of curiosity, how were you able to build your many neighbors since you neither request or accept requests?

Now don't take this the wrong way either?

lesleypsg1
11-03-11, 04:37 PM
[QUOTE=lesleypsg1;165748] I neither put out nbr requests, nor do I accept them.

Just out of curiosity, how were you able to build your many neighbors since you neither request or accept requests?

Now don't take this the wrong way either?

No of course I don't take it wrongly. I've played all the games beginning their day of release (except farm...I got in on that one May 2010). As the games were new, I accepted nbr requests, and my nbrs brought over from farm. Within two days I had as many nbrs I could reasonably handle so stopped accepting very early...Very occasionally- and it is rare, I'll accept a new one most of which I've met on the forum and chatted with here. It's also very rare I will delete a nbr. Only when I notice they've not played for months and their rating has been 0 for as long, or if I've witnessed one be rude to other players. Again, thus far, I've not experienced it myself. But even if I did, I'd just delete the post without acknowledging. My skin is pretty thick

The thing about the sort you've experienced: they enjoy getting a rise out of people. Call it immaturity or what have you. It is what it is. The one who wrote they'd get a new cell phone? Their mommy and daddy must be very wealthy. I would've laughed when I saw that, then delete without responding :)

Again, good luck.

easby06
11-03-11, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the response and not taking it the wrong way.

easby06
11-03-11, 05:24 PM
How did you get the quote to appear like that? See the way mine appears?

Since you've been playing for some time, what is the meaning of hangers when purchasing items? When purchasing, I can see what I am getting; however, I don't see a symbol meaning for the hanger.

j0dst3r
11-03-11, 05:27 PM
What is your store's name?
Heyy I'm your neighbor love.. I'm sweet✨��hearts!

Hawaiianmomma
11-03-11, 05:32 PM
Squibble SquabbleWhere ze block buttonzHmmmm....such love here....

kooky panda
11-03-11, 05:46 PM

Since you've been playing for some time, what is the meaning of hangers when purchasing items? When purchasing, I can see what I am getting; however, I don't see a symbol meaning for the hanger.

Here is a help thread on how to post and reply to posts. http://forums.teamlava.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting

easby06
11-03-11, 05:55 PM
Sweet✨Heart, you are one of the better ones. I can always count on you.

j0dst3r
11-03-11, 05:57 PM
Sweet✨Heart, you are one of the better ones. I can always count on you.

Lol now im Gonna make sure to visit you like first-- don't wanna get the boot! Lol jk! It is tough trying to keep up though! ;)

easby06
11-03-11, 06:00 PM
Evev here you just can't seem to get away from them.

xokay
11-03-11, 06:00 PM
If you choose to report abuse on your wall, please make sure you send an email to support@teamlava.com, as others said. To be most effective with disciplinary issues, Teamlava request that, if possible, you send a screen shot of the abuse. I suggest not replying to those types of comments, as it means that people are able to find you from their newsfeed. If you report the problem to support, and then delete the comment on your wall without replying to the abusive ex-neighbour, it will be harder for them to find you again. Good luck, and sorry you're being treated unkindly!

lesleypsg1
11-03-11, 06:09 PM

The little hangers when you buy clothes in catalogue go toward your mastery of the item.

easby06
11-03-11, 06:09 PM
Heyy I'm your neighbor love.. I'm sweet✨��hearts!
This is a test

easby06
11-03-11, 06:12 PM
Here is a help thread on how to post and reply to posts. http://forums.teamlava.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting

Thanks a bunch💎💓

kooky panda
11-03-11, 06:28 PM
this is a test

:):):):);););)

barleycoon
11-04-11, 12:53 AM
[QUOTE=easby06;165803]I want to say THANK YOU for your honest opinions and game experiences as well. I enjoyed reading all of them. And to my neighbor, I hope I am an excellent game player to you. What's your store's name?

This is the only game I play. So, I am able to focus and play my game. As you all know, having and being a neighbor is much more than gifting and tipping. An excellent playing neighbor gets you maxed coins

Again, thanks so much for the input. Come by and see my store.
Your very welcome,I'm glad you reported it to support and I really hope you are able to enjoy the game.No one should have to put up with this sort of nasty behaviour.

sophiacml
11-14-11, 08:59 PM
I'm facing harassment from a player on city story. He/she used to be my neighbor & dued to some of my own rules, I removed he/she. I also stated my rules & views on my wall at the moment. This marlboro city not knowing where he/she found me again & started to harass me. In the meantime, I read his/her wall that he/she encourages others to harass my wall too.

I can't take any screenshots since I'm using iPhone. The only info I got is that he/she is in level 96. I've emailed to support team but I don't think there's anything they can do about it. I supposed TL should start blocking system.

greygull
11-14-11, 09:04 PM
You should be able to take screenshots - press the home and power buttons at the same time. Once it's saved to photos, you can then either email them straight from your phone (depending on your email), or connect to a computer and upload the photos there to be sent.

sophiacml
11-14-11, 11:42 PM
Ah... Right. Never thought of it at all. Thank you.
You should be able to take screenshots - press the home and power buttons at the same time. Once it's saved to photos, you can then either email them straight from your phone (depending on your email), or connect to a computer and upload the photos there to be sent.

iampinay
11-15-11, 01:25 AM
I can relate to this. Had a similar incident just this morning. Non neighbor tipped me and posted on my wall with their add request, when I visited her back to return the likes, I posted also to her wall with my usual emoji cute icons. Then she replied on my wall saying exactly these words "2 words: bleh and rude"

I would have replied back and ask her why she thinks i'm rude but common sense, and i guess maturity, ruled over me to just ignore this post. Question I had on my mind then was why would she think i'm rude, was it because i didn't add her? But that's my discretion isn't it? I would have answered back but I guessed that if I did, she will definitely just reply back and ruin my day. Sigh.

They just couldn't understand some things or rules in the game. It's not even about the 'rules of the game' anymore, but more on ethics and respect for other people. In real life, we also choose our friends.

The moral lesson I guess is to just not mind them. I have stalkers too who keep on writing 10 continuous posts, maybe they're hoping I will answer them back. But no, I will not give them more chance to enjoy what they're doing. Instead, I will just forever delete these posts.

Thanks,
The Cocoon

barleycoon
11-15-11, 01:37 AM
Hi iampinay,nobody should have to put up with having stalkers.You can take screenshots of the messages,and send them to support@teamlava.com,if you can't take screenshots leave the messages on your wall for TL to investigate.
Include your storm8 ID and the storm8 IDs of the players you wish to report,if you don't know their storm8 IDs leaving the messages on your wall will help support.Also give a description of what is happening and which story game it is.
I'm afraid some players think everyone should add them,if I get angry symbols I totally ignore them.They really crave attention,so ignore is the best policy.But,I know at times that's really hard as its natural to want to defend yourself.
If its a very rude or abusive statement,report that to support as well.Take care and I really hope these issues are resolved for you.

iampinay
11-15-11, 02:06 AM
Noted. Will do this next time. Thanks a bunch

Hi iampinay,nobody should have to put up with having stalkers.You can take screenshots of the messages,and send them to support@teamlava.com,if you can't take screenshots leave the messages on your wall for TL to investigate.
Include your storm8 ID and the storm8 IDs of the players you wish to report,if you don't know their storm8 IDs leaving the messages on your wall will help support.Also give a description of what is happening and which story game it is.
I'm afraid some players think everyone should add them,if I get angry symbols I totally ignore them.They really crave attention,so ignore is the best policy.But,I know at times that's really hard as its natural to want to defend yourself.
If its a very rude or abusive statement,report that to support as well.Take care and I really hope these issues are resolved for you.

Rachael98
11-15-11, 07:06 AM

Hoping you don't need to:)...

barleycoon
11-15-11, 08:45 AM

Your so welcome,I hope the issues resolve themselves.Sometimes they get bored and go away,when no attention is given.
I hope you have lots of supportive nbrs too,in this situation It helps to delete nbr posts,as then a link cannot be created back to you.

ButterPanda
11-15-11, 11:34 AM
I'm facing harassment from a player on city story. He/she used to be my neighbor & dued to some of my own rules, I removed he/she. I also stated my rules & views on my wall at the moment. This marlboro city not knowing where he/she found me again & started to harass me. In the meantime, I read his/her wall that he/she encourages others to harass my wall too.

I can't take any screenshots since I'm using iPhone. The only info I got is that he/she is in level 96. I've emailed to support team but I don't think there's anything they can do about it. I supposed TL should start blocking system.

Send in a contact form to support@teamlava.com and they can help you handle the situation if someone is harassing you or swearing in game. Be sure to give them your Storm8 ID along with the offenders Storm8 ID. Also any screen shots of what this player is saying to you and the approx date and time they posted these inappropriate things.

sophiacml
11-15-11, 03:28 PM
[removed -- sorry! please don't accuse other players of TOS violations in the forum. But sending to support@teamlava.com should help]

Here's what happening.

madaxman
11-15-11, 03:54 PM
I have just had an offensive post (and it has to be pretty offensive to worry me). I took a screenshot and sent to support, who were absolutely fantastic about it... agreed with me, 'disciplined' the offender and told me to get back in touch if it re-occurred. I could not have asked for, nor expected, more from anyone. Five stars for support and I would encourage anyone who has a problem to take this action.

sophiacml
11-15-11, 04:57 PM
GM, I've sent it to the support team & guess what I received from them, they don't think is offensive! Listen, offensive is subjective issue here. I found it that marlboro city SOB is harassing me & none of TL is helping including YOU - GM!

manger63
11-15-11, 05:03 PM
I have noticed nasty comments on walls too. And I agree with your rules.

GroupMagma
11-15-11, 06:00 PM
GM, I've sent it to the support team & guess what I received from them, they don't think is offensive! Listen, offensive is subjective issue here. I found it that marlboro city SOB is harassing me & none of TL is helping including YOU - GM!

I'm sorry, but this is an issue for our Support team. I'm sorry if they do not think your issue merits a Support action, but that's their call, and it's dictated by the ToS.

sophiacml
11-15-11, 07:24 PM
So, is this meant I can't discuss it here?
I'm sorry, but this is an issue for our Support team. I'm sorry if they do not think your issue merits a Support action, but that's their call, and it's dictated by the ToS.

GroupMagma
11-15-11, 07:33 PM
You're welcome to give your feedback regarding Support, but please note that this will not overturn Support's decision. If you feel strongly that this should be changed, then emailing Support would be the proper way to address the situation.

Hawaiianmomma
11-15-11, 07:56 PM
poor Sophiayour always getting the short end of the stick....

how's that block button coming along? Please say it's still being tossed around as food for thought

sophiacml
11-15-11, 10:52 PM
Yeah... At some point I even felt that TL is doing this purposely to me because I always complain. Hahaha... Is nothing wrong to complain, right? I too hope that the block button is coming up instead popping up the HOORAY all the time.
poor Sophiayour always getting the short end of the stick....

how's that block button coming along? Please say it's still being tossed around as food for thought

sourlicorice2
11-16-11, 08:22 AM
If u ask me no type of bullying on the walls should be allowed and offenders should be disciplined. It's a problem cause if the person knows they can bully in a certain way that TL will not consider it wrong then it will continue to happen. All type of bullying and bad comments are wrong. I've had the odd comment but since I didn't respond they never found their way back. A block button is a must have.

pinkster73
11-16-11, 08:25 AM
Sophia I saw your screenshot before it was edited out and I have to say I found nothing offensive about it. Just ignore them and they will go away.

barleycoon
11-16-11, 08:25 AM

I'm really sorry your having problems,I myself know what your going though.
I did recieve an email early on that action could not be taken.I was extremely upset,and I felt that they didn't want to help me.However,in the email it stated to re report any further problems which I did and my situation improved such a lot.
So if it continues,please report it and try to include all the screenshots so support are aware of what is happening.
I really hope it does resolve itself,sometimes they do go away.Don't ever feel you should have to put up with this behaviour,try never to respond to them and thats so hard as we want to defend our characters.Take care.

dalula
11-16-11, 03:12 PM
A good idea (if TL wont respond) is NOT to reply back in any way and immediately delete their posts off your wall. Make sure you don't post anything back or tip/clean/like etc. because they may have a link of you if you do that. This will make it harder for them to find you again.

barleycoon
11-16-11, 03:17 PM
TL do respond,but I'm sure they have guidelines perhaps they have to follow in these cases.
If its a continuing problem all you need to do is send the new screenshots,and support will respond back.

sophiacml
11-16-11, 06:55 PM
My problem is I don't even kow where he/she found my id.

sophiacml
11-16-11, 06:57 PM
Of course you don't think is offensive since it doesn't touch you in any ways. Thing is I can understand outsiders' thought & view too. My problem is that I already stated & posted loud & clear with "NO POSTING" on my wall. And because of this, that [] keeps on harassing me by posting just to [] me off, which in a way I am but not towards he/she anymore but TL since they aren't doing anything to solve this problem in general of wall bully!
Sophia I saw your screenshot before it was edited out and I have to say I found nothing offensive about it. Just ignore them and they will go away.

pinkster73
11-16-11, 07:27 PM
Of course you don't think is offensive since it doesn't touch you in any ways. Thing is I can understand outsiders' thought & view too. My problem is that I already stated & posted loud & clear with "NO POSTING" on my wall. And because of this, that [] keeps on harassing me by posting just to [] me off, which in a way I am but not towards he/she anymore but TL since they aren't doing anything to solve this problem in general of wall bully!

Just to clarify, I am fully capable of understanding other's thoughts and views too. I am a very empathetic person.

I understand you're angry. You are doing exactly what they want by expressing your anger on your wall. If you ignore them, eventually they will get bored and move on. They want to get a reaction from you, and you are giving it to them.

GroupMagma
11-16-11, 07:55 PM
One other rule of thumb that may be helpful: if you continue to respond to someone who is "spamming" your wall, it's harder to prove to Support that you're being spammed, since technically, you're still responding to this person or engaging them in dialogue (doing so once is fine, since it shows the messages are not desired). On the other hand, if your wall has received numerous unwanted messages, you've stated that you'd like them to stop, and the other person continues posting the same message on your wall, it's a more clear-cut case of spam.

sophiacml
11-17-11, 05:44 PM
I didn't response to he/she! So, what now? I just receive email from the support group that they don't think i'm being harassed! Quite subjective issue here. Why can't you tl just create the block system!
one other rule of thumb that may be helpful: If you continue to respond to someone who is "spamming" your wall, it's harder to prove to support that you're being spammed, since technically, you're still responding to this person or engaging them in dialogue (doing so once is fine, since it shows the messages are not desired). On the other hand, if your wall has received numerous unwanted messages, you've stated that you'd like them to stop, and the other person continues posting the same message on your wall, it's a more clear-cut case of spam.

sophiacml
11-17-11, 05:54 PM
GM, at some point, I don't even know whether you read my post clear enough. I stated rules on my wall. Because of that, he/she doesn't accept my rules & that's why started the harassment! Yet, even I didn't response to he/she, I still get his/her msgs on my wall DAILY for nearly a month now! Does that sound fun to you when it happens to you? Does it still not match your criteria of harassment? I don't think SOB harassing when I meant son of beaches! See, you able to edit whatever I posted here but not on my wall or at least make the effort to stop that happening. Moreover, I ain't the only one facing wall bullying!

Hawaiianmomma
11-17-11, 06:28 PM
I guess it depends on who the bully is before support will remove them?

sophiacml
11-17-11, 06:30 PM
I don't understand. Elaborate please. So, if that's one of the TL staff, there will be no way to remove them? I don't want them to ban anyone for the game. I just want them to block that particular person stop posting on my wall. That person can continue to play.
I guess it depends on who the bully is before support will remove them?

Hawaiianmomma
11-17-11, 06:33 PM
Thinking out loud dear...if support feels it's non threatening to the customer then the system is a vampire....

sophiacml
11-17-11, 06:41 PM
ah... there you go.
Thinking out loud dear...if support feels it's non threatening to the customer then the system is a vampire....

Hawaiianmomma
11-17-11, 07:25 PM
But I'm sure it's being worked on since they've expanded into a global economy....
The block button is being tossed around...I'm sure if that or another solution doesn't arise some other brilliant manifesto will appear

Rachael98
11-19-11, 04:40 AM

That's really up to them to decide.

But, I don't think they even physically have the power to block from a wall, anyway:(!

barleycoon
11-19-11, 05:21 AM
That's really up to them to decide.

But, I don't think they even physically have the power to block from a wall, anyway:(!

I've asked TL many times to block a player, and they told me they are not able to presently.
I really don't know what the answer is, because if the bully was able to block you. You'd have no idea the insults etc being thrown your way, or that they were getting others involved in the harrassment.
It's a very difficult situation for all those involved, maybe support have to follow guidelines in these cases.
In my personal case, the issues have been resolved and support did really help. By providing support with all the information and reporting continuous inappropriate behaviour, hopefully it will make a difference.
I sometimes wish we had in game mods, maybe the behaviour would improve then.

Rachael98
11-19-11, 07:34 AM
I've asked TL many times to block a player, and they told me they are not able to presently.
I really don't know what the answer is, because if the bully was able to block you. You'd have no idea the insults etc being thrown your way, or that they were getting others involved in the harrassment.
It's a very difficult situation for all those involved, maybe support have to follow guidelines in these cases.
In my personal case, the issues have been resolved and support did really help. By providing support with all the information and reporting continuous inappropriate behaviour, hopefully it will make a difference.
I sometimes wish we had in game mods, maybe the behaviour would improve then.

Should a Block be implemented, it would probably have to work both ways: if they blocked you, they too wouldn't be allowed to come to you (that might be a problem if you accidentally Blocked).
I'm willing to bet that-though they'd deal with it case-by-case-they have some sort of guidelines.

GM explained why there weren't in-game Mods (I still disagree on that, but he has a point:p). I'll try to find the link, but in a nutshell, they don't want to employ anyone to solely do that, player Mods might abuse it, so they don't have the resources to keep an eye on a team of player Mods that would actually be able to tackle it.

kooky panda
11-19-11, 09:02 AM
Should a Block be implemented, it would probably have to work both ways: if they blocked you, they too wouldn't be allowed to come to you (that might be a problem if you accidentally Blocked).
I'm willing to bet that-though they'd deal with it case-by-case-they have some sort of guidelines.

GM explained why there weren't in-game Mods (I still disagree on that, but he has a point:p). I'll try to find the link, but in a nutshell, they don't want to employ anyone to solely do that, player Mods might abuse it, so they don't have the resources to keep an eye on a team of player Mods that would actually be able to tackle it.

Introducing Player Mods introduces more problems, such as who would be able to see if they are correctly performing their responsibilities. Support would get new complaints about mods abusing their power, or others would pretend to be mods, etc. It creates as much work as it alleviates.

Edit: And before I get dogged by the Contradiction Police, I realize there are player mods in the forums who do an awesome job. But there's only a few of them, and I have the benefit of participating in this community before naming mods, thus being able to see who'd be up to it. Neither would be the case in-game.

Not unanimous. There's definitely a couple things with this feature that I feel might cause more harm than good.

1) Our Support team already receives a high-volume of emails, and not always for issues that are necessary for assistance. Were a trigger enabled to send them an email every time someone pressed the Report button, that number would rise exponentially. Support takes action now after screenshots and IDs are provided to ensure that the issue is a violation of the Terms of Service. A Report button doesn't have that check system in place, and users would be able to tap it for anything... valid complaints would be lost among less-egregious offenses, or among people Trolling/spamming our Support team intentionally.

2) Hiring more team members to fulfill this one task is not feasible; everyone at TL has more than one job to do, Support included. We are hiring (http://teamlava.com/jobs.php)more User Relations Associates, who help with our email queue, so this should help our response time for these emails as well.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?17374-A-New-Report-Button-instead-of-a-Block-Button&p=132257&viewfull=1#post132257

sourlicorice2
11-19-11, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by GroupMagma
Not unanimous. There's definitely a couple things with this feature that I feel might cause more harm than good.

1) Our Support team already receives a high-volume of emails, and not always for issues that are necessary for assistance. Were a trigger enabled to send them an email every time someone pressed the Report button, that number would rise exponentially. Support takes action now after screenshots and IDs are provided to ensure that the issue is a violation of the Terms of Service. A Report button doesn't have that check system in place, and users would be able to tap it for anything... valid complaints would be lost among less-egregious offenses, or among people Trolling/spamming our Support team intentionally.

Sry may be I misunderstood this but if there was a block button couldn't it be one that just simply blocked the player but didn't report it to support. If we could block a player ourselves it wouldn't need to be reported to support. Wouldn't that result in fewer emails? I may be misunderstanding what GM wrote, I am tired and not feeling very well.

barleycoon
11-19-11, 12:10 PM
Thank you KP, I can see their would be no way of supervision for In game mods. Yes they could abuse the position and create many more problems. Would in game mods recieve more harrassment and abuse, they might so I can see its not such a great idea. It's a difficult topic, but I feel support do an amazing job when provided with evidence that they feel is inappropriate. They have always acted extremely quickly in my case.

barleycoon
11-19-11, 12:16 PM
I agree with you sourlicorice, I think players would abuse a instant report button. They would probably create a huge workload for TL.
I'm still not sure about a blocking button, as I'm concerned it may make bullying even worse.
I hope you feel better really soon.

zoehearts
11-19-11, 12:17 PM
you are right a lot of people say mean stuff on another people walls like mean words

barleycoon
11-19-11, 12:19 PM
you are right a lot of people say mean stuff on another people walls like mean words

We all need to report inappropriate words, so hopefully players that do it will learn its unacceptable to behave in such a manner.

sourlicorice2
11-19-11, 08:41 PM
I agree with you sourlicorice, I think players would abuse a instant report button. They would probably create a huge workload for TL.
I'm still not sure about a blocking button, as I'm concerned it may make bullying even worse.
I hope you feel better really soon.

Thx barleycoon, feeling worse but yesterday was only the first day of feeling sick, second day is always worse. I'll survive though lol.

Im sorry but I don't understand how it could make bullying worse when u could just block them if their was a block button not an instant report button ( I can see how that kind of button would overload TL with emails).

sourlicorice2
11-19-11, 08:45 PM
We all need to report inappropriate words, so hopefully players that do it will learn its unacceptable to behave in such a manner.

I so agree with you there. The problem is when TL deem it not harassment and won't do anything to stop it cause of that. A block button would insure to stop someone that u feel is bothering you so u can enjoy the game. In the meantime though until and if a block button becomes available I agree with barleycoon in just keep reporting it.

barleycoon
11-20-11, 12:31 AM
I so agree with you there. The problem is when TL deem it not harassment and won't do anything to stop it cause of that. A block button would insure to stop someone that u feel is bothering you so u can enjoy the game. In the meantime though until and if a block button becomes available I agree with barleycoon in just keep reporting it.
I know it's hard when it's deemed not harrassment, but I guess support have to be fair to both parties involved.
If the problem persists, they do advise you to resend new screenshots. The issue is when both parties are extremely upset, someone needs to be very objective when dealing with it. Also, sometimes players flare each other so at times that has to be taken into consideration. This issue is a very emotional one.

sourlicorice2
11-20-11, 12:48 AM
I know it's hard when it's deemed not harrassment, but I guess support have to be fair to both parties involved.
If the problem persists, they do advise you to resend new screenshots. The issue is when both parties are extremely upset, someone needs to be very objective when dealing with it. Also, sometimes players flare each other so at times that has to be taken into consideration. This issue is a very emotional one.

You r right there. I'm mainly refering to trolls who spam your wall constantly and provided u haven't responded to them in any way.

sourlicorice2
11-20-11, 12:49 AM
Not that I've ever had a problem with that. I've had a few comments but just erased and didn't respond. They never found their way back.

barleycoon
11-20-11, 01:02 AM
Thx barleycoon, feeling worse but yesterday was only the first day of feeling sick, second day is always worse. I'll survive though lol.

Im sorry but I don't understand how it could make bullying worse when u could just block them if their was a block button not an instant report button ( I can see how that kind of button would overload TL with emails).
Good well soon and take care, I just have concerns with a blocking button that it could be abused.
For example a group of friends being playing for ages, someone's had a bad day and posts something they don't mean.
What if the whole group blocked that one player, it would be like an emotional hit and run. They'd never be able to explain or work things out, and feel so excluded. I just feel it may trigger so many emails to support.
Also, with this cyber relationship thing when it gets very inappropriate, they'd just block everyone out and carry on. Even though it violates TL TOS, groups of trolls etc may become stronger as they'd block and unblock to prevent you from seeing what their plans were. I just have concerns it could be used both ways, if you wanted to be mean you'd just block just to flame someone. I can just imagine the emails to support saying a players blocked me, I haven't done anything please help. In would put support in a very difficult position. I think maybe just keep reporting it, so levels of behaviour do improve. It soon gets round when a players been banned, so it acts as a deterrent in some cases too.

barleycoon
11-20-11, 01:03 AM
Sorry error, should have been get well soon.

nmishii
11-20-11, 04:16 AM
A block button should be implemented to help the players being harassed. The decision to not implement one shouldn't be based on the few that would abuse it. There are block buttons on other games.

People shouldn't worry about being blocked for no good reason. Its a game. There are a lot of other neighbors out there.

I have not had a personal need for a block button, but will support one for those who need one. If harassed, I would do like sourlicorice and delete the posts and not respond back. People who respond back, especially with the same tone as the harasser, are asking for more problems. Don't give the harasser the reaction they are looking for.

What really needs to happen is for TL to respond quickly to harassment tickets. That would solve a lot of the problems. And possibly lower the bar on what is considered harassment. And if a person is told their issue does not meet the requirements for harassment, then it probably wasn't. The person can ask for a specific reason.

sourlicorice2
11-20-11, 04:37 AM
A block button should be implemented to help the players being harassed. The decision to not implement one shouldn't be based on the few that would abuse it. There are block buttons on other games.

People shouldn't worry about being blocked for no good reason. Its a game. There are a lot of other neighbors out there.

I have not had a personal need for a block button, but will support one for those who need one. If harassed, I would do like sourlicorice and delete the posts and not respond back. People who respond back, especially with the same tone as the harasser, are asking for more problems. Don't give the harasser the reaction they are looking for.

What really needs to happen is for TL to respond quickly to harassment tickets. That would solve a lot of the problems. And possibly lower the bar on what is considered harassment. And if a person is told their issue does not meet the requirements for harassment, then it probably wasn't. The person can ask for a specific reason.

I agree with that. I do see where Barleycoon (and thx for the get better wishes Barleycoon :-) ) is coming from but I'd have to agree with Nmishii.

Rachael98
11-20-11, 05:46 AM

They answer them all fairly quickly:).

However, I cannot agree more that we need a Block feature-even GM said that he wanted one:).

barleycoon
11-20-11, 05:50 AM
Support have always responded really quickly when I've emailed them, I really don't know the answer to having a blocking button. Their is for and against views, it's a difficult one.

barleycoon
11-20-11, 05:57 AM
I'd also like to add, even when players do not respond back. It does not always end the harrassment, if you are being cyberstalked. It's probably not going to solve itself. I hate all cybercrime be it cyber harassment, cyber bullying or cyber stalking, they are all wrong and those that undertake this sort of unacceptable behaviour really need to seek professional help. TL I feel do take these matters seriously and do assist players, I always wanted a blocking button, I just have concerns which I discussed earlier.

nmishii
11-20-11, 09:32 AM
For example a group of friends being playing for ages, someone's had a bad day and posts something they don't mean.
What if the whole group deleted that one player, it would be like an emotional hit and run. They'd never be able to explain or work things out, and feel so excluded.

Wouldn't deleting neighbors trigger as many emails to support as blocking?

I can not imagine the emails to support saying a players blocked or deleted me, I haven't done anything please help

pinkster73
11-20-11, 09:47 AM
I have a hard time seeing how a block button could be abused. If someone was blocked, just move on. I don't see why they would need to waste time whining to TL support about it.

ilovecooper14
11-20-11, 09:52 AM
I'd also like to add, even when players do not respond back. It does not always end the harrassment, if you are being cyberstalked. It's probably not going to solve itself. I hate all cybercrime be it cyber harassment, cyber bullying or cyber stalking, they are all wrong and those that undertake this sort of unacceptable behaviour really need to seek professional help. TL I feel do take these matters seriously and do assist players, I always wanted a blocking button, I just have concerns which I discussed earlier.
Omg I was cyber stalked on Farm and the said player had their ID very similar to mine and their farm name. TL didn't care- the comments didn't meet their criteria. Lol

Rachael98
11-20-11, 09:57 AM
Omg I was cyber stalked on Farm and the said player had their ID very similar to mine and their farm name. TL didn't care- the comments didn't meet their criteria. Lol

Just because they can't issue disciplinary action because it doesn't meet their fairly defining criteria, doesn't mean they don't care:p; many CS Desks wouldn't reply to you, for a start.

nmishii
11-20-11, 09:57 AM
I have a hard time seeing how a block button could be abused. If someone was blocked, just move on. I don't see why they would need to waste time whining to TL support about it.

Exactly. Which is why I felt I needed to post in this thread today even though I am not always welcome posting my views to some posts.

Rachael98
11-20-11, 09:59 AM
Exactly. Which is why I felt I needed to post in this thread today even though I am not always welcome posting my views to some posts.

I don't know how many people can disagree with that. It's just maturity, and failing to move on in situations like that is, IMO, immature:).

barleycoon
11-20-11, 11:56 AM

TL do really care, if the behaviour is continous and it's reported they will look at it.

ilovecooper14
11-20-11, 11:57 AM
TL do really care, if the behaviour is continous and it's reported they will look at it.

Lol. The person got bored about a month ago. Had been harrassing me but never met their criteria. It's over and done with now, though:)

barleycoon
11-20-11, 12:04 PM
What if the whole group deleted that one player, it would be like an emotional hit and run. They'd never be able to explain or work things out, and feel so excluded.

Wouldn't deleting neighbors trigger as many emails to support as blocking?

I can not imagine the emails to support saying a players blocked or deleted me, I haven't done anything please help
I'd be grateful if my posts were shown some respect, they are my views.
If a nbr was deleted, the player would still be able to visit ie not blocked.
So I'm not really sure how a comparison could be made, and no I do not feel support would recieve emails because someone had deleted a nbr. My suggestion above could become a case of cyberbullying, due to others bad mouthing and everyone blocking that player. I tried to give examples to highlight my concerns if a blocking button was implemented that's all.

ilovecooper14
11-20-11, 12:06 PM
Wouldn't a block button just block the player form posting on your wall?

nmishii
11-20-11, 12:37 PM
I'd be grateful if my posts were shown some respect, they are my views.
If a nbr was deleted, the player would still be able to visit ie not blocked.
So I'm not really sure how a comparison could be made, and no I do not feel support would recieve emails because someone had deleted a nbr. My suggestion above could become a case of cyberbullying, due to others bad mouthing and everyone blocking that player. I tried to give examples to highlight my concerns if a blocking button was implemented that's all.

I don't feel support would receive emails because someone is blocked any more than they receive emails because someone is deleted. If they do, it wouldn't be a significant difference.

I understand the difference between deleting and blocking, but for your example against a block button what's the difference between your friends deleting you or blocking you? Either way they told you what they think of you and crying to Support isn't the answer.

Okay, you can read the bad things people are saying about you on their wall if deleted but not blocked. But they'll eventually get tired of flaming you behind your back, quicker if they know you can't read what they are saying. And your friends and neighbors know who is the victim and who is the idiot, and may block the flamer also.

In general, why would someone want to send an email to Support because someone blocked them? Its the blocker's perogative to block whomever they want for whatever reason they want. Same with deleting a neighbor. Just get over it and go on. Support shouldn't care or get involved.

barleycoon
11-20-11, 01:30 PM
Again, my view and concern is support may recieve more emails from players blocking.
I'd be grateful if my words were not taken out of context too, reusing someone's words is very unkind.
Please don't use words such as get over it, I find that very rude. Support do care with all issues of harassment/ bullying and stalking. I do not wish this thread to become heated, I've explained my concerns already and I'm afraid I won't be returning to this thread.
No I'm not a moderator, but it's not fair to others when this is a important issue.

nmishii
11-20-11, 01:39 PM
Again, my view and concern is support may recieve more emails from players blocking.
I'd be grateful if my words were not taken out of context too, reusing someone's words is very unkind.
Please don't use words such as get over it, I find that very rude. Support do care with all issues of harassment/ bullying and stalking. I do not wish this thread to become heated, I've explained my concerns already and I'm afraid I won't be returning to this thread.
No I'm not a moderator, but it's not fair to others when this is a important issue.

I also wish my words weren't taken out of context either, as was done in your post. Also, it is very unkind to call or imply people are unkind, rude, and disrespectful (not all done in this thread) in posts when in a discussion where there are differences. I have not done that, yet you have consistently when someone, not just me, is in disagreement with you.

Rachael98
11-20-11, 01:58 PM
-_______-
Support may receive e-mails from people complaining that they had been blocked if the feature was implemented. However, this would most probably be a ling way off of the amount of reports they receive. Additionally, they perhaps get people e-mailing them about being deleted "unfairly". It would probably not even amount to much more than the volume of those e-mails:).

pinkster73
11-20-11, 04:41 PM
Honestly, would people really care that much if someone blocked them? Who cares if people on a virtual game are talking about you behind your back? You wouldn't even know. Yes people need to get over it. I don't believe people would seriously email support if they were blocked.

Rachael98
11-20-11, 04:42 PM
Honestly, would people really care that much if someone blocked them? Who cares if people on a virtual game are talking about you behind your back? You wouldn't even know. Yes people need to get over it. I don't believe people would seriously email support if they were blocked.

A select few may e-mail Support. But I would suppose less by far than the amount of reports currently sent in.

ilovecooper14
11-20-11, 04:42 PM

Lol I think people need to remember that this is a game; not a war zone -.-

kooky panda
11-20-11, 05:30 PM
I never respond back to a bully that posts on my wall. One time I had someone get mad that I would not respond back to their wall posts and told me that they were going to report me to support
for being mean to them...:confused: and support would ban me from the games.

pinkster73
11-20-11, 06:05 PM
I never respond back to a bully that posts on my wall. One time I had someone get mad that I would not respond back to their wall posts and told me that they were going to report me to support

And that obviously never happened. A block button is good. It would be less work for TL then the current reporting system. If people want to cry to TL that someone blocked them then so what? TL wouldn't un-block them. Eventually they would get over it, or get professional help. Frankly this whole discussion is a bit silly.

dalula
11-20-11, 06:09 PM
I personally know someone on the game and typed a lot of emoji on their wall for fun and then i saw a notice that said "The Player Has Blocked You from Posting." (on BS) This has happened on FS too... and i was posting on my own wall. weird

pinkster73
11-20-11, 06:17 PM
I personally know someone on the game and typed a lot of emoji on their wall for fun and then i saw a notice that said "The Player Has Blocked You from Posting." (on BS) This has happened on FS too... and i was posting on my own wall. weird

It's a glitch that sometimes happens. You're not blocked.

kooky panda
11-20-11, 07:01 PM

Sometimes when you game goes online when visting someone, you may get this you are blocked message. Just go home and go back and you should be able to post.

kerbyskasuals
12-06-11, 09:41 PM
Aren't you taking this game a little too seriously?

kerbyskasuals
12-06-11, 09:44 PM
I should have replied with quote. Now I can't seem to find what I was responding to.

barleycoon
12-07-11, 12:06 AM
Aren't you taking this game a little too seriously?

Some players love the games and get alot of enjoyment, which is a good thing. At times issues affect players that are very serious and as such they require assistance from support. Their is no shame in asking for help, it's not right some players believe they can behave how ever they like. Please do not ever ignore problems in game if it causes distress to you.

shakiba
12-07-11, 03:49 PM
A block button.... thats all we need for bullies.

http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Holidays/Winter_holidays/candy_cane.gif
Merry Christmas!
http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Creatures_and_Cartoons/Smiles/spinning_smiley_4.gif (http://forums.teamlava.com/member.php?9780-shakiba)

"Life is art without an eraser"

Signature designed by Rachael98:cool: (forums.teamlava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)

roxabelle
12-08-11, 01:57 PM
Lol I think people need to remember that this is a game; not a war zone -.-

Well said! I had NOOOO idea people took this game so seriously! I play on it most days, and I like ****ing time with it and seeing my place improve, but I don't think I'd ever go to the extent of writing a list of rules for potential neighbours! Kind of like living in those creepy suburbs where everyone has too keep their lawn cut the same length..... *shudder*

I've seen in another forum they have an 'add me' thread dedicated to those 'hardcore' players who only want other hardcore neighbours. Perhaps we could do that here?

xoxoBabyGirl
01-19-12, 02:41 AM

I seem to be in the same situation :/

I had a neighbor tell me that their former neighbor was continuously harassing them. I mentioned that they might want to report this to support and see if they can get him/her blocked (I didn't know that this actually can't be done). The former neighbor/harasser saw my post about this and started to post on my wall.

I ignored and deleted the posts, I even stopped posting at my neighbor's wall for fear of them having access back to my wall. However its been 2 days since this whole mess started and the harasser has somehow found their way back...sigh..it must be a post from another one of my neighbors.

I've deleted their comments yet again and will continue to do so till they get bored. The reason I am concerned is that today, the harasser said that they were going to report on me for inappropriate behavior :confused: What are they talking about? I have never ever talked to this person!

I feel so discouraged :( I thought I was helping my neighbor out by letting her know where she could report the harasser....and now I'm being harassed and dragged into this whole mess!!

Should I be worried?

barleycoon
01-19-12, 05:21 AM
Hi xoxoBabyGirl, I am so very sorry this is happening to you. I would report all the comments, as you've deleted if any more are placed on your wall take screenshots and send in, then you can delete the messages only if you know the storm8 ID of the player. If you don't know the storm8 ID leave one message for TL. A common tactic of harassers is to accuse you of the same, to further your distress. If you've not being abusive, you don't need to worry. I too have got myself in this situation for helping nbrs. Please don't anyone discuss on your game walls, do you know how this player is getting to your wall? Don't respond back in anyway. Please don't feel discouraged its a nightmare situation to be in.
I'll add you and come and give you some support, PM me on here if you need me. Send in your storm8 ID and the game it's happening on, ask your nbr to report this player too. Take care.

kooky panda
01-19-12, 06:16 AM
I seem to be in the same situation :/

I had a neighbor tell me that their former neighbor was continuously harassing them. I mentioned that they might want to report this to support and see if they can get him/her blocked (I didn't know that this actually can't be done). The former neighbor/harasser saw my post about this and started to post on my wall.

I ignored and deleted the posts, I even stopped posting at my neighbor's wall for fear of them having access back to my wall. However its been 2 days since this whole mess started and the harasser has somehow found their way back...sigh..it must be a post from another one of my neighbors.

I've deleted their comments yet again and will continue to do so till they get bored. The reason I am concerned is that today, the harasser said that they were going to report on me for inappropriate behavior :confused: What are they talking about? I have never ever talked to this person!

I feel so discouraged :( I thought I was helping my neighbor out by letting her know where she could report the harasser....and now I'm being harassed and dragged into this whole mess!!

Should I be worried?

I am sorry too, I would do as barley suggested and take screenshots and send them to support. If you never posted on that persons wall, and all you posted was advice to your nbr, no you have nothing to worry about.
I will have nbrs also post on my wall when they have issues with other players and one time I tried to help my nbr and I too got dragged in, because my nbr did not delete my post.
Now, I do not answer the nbr . If my nbr is registered on the forum I will send them a PM.
If they are not a forum member I post on their wall, "hey you should register on the forum so we can chat sometimes."

xoxoBabyGirl
01-19-12, 06:26 AM
Hi xoxoBabyGirl, I am so very sorry this is happening to you. I would report all the comments, as you've deleted if any more are placed on your wall take screenshots and send in, then you can delete the messages only if you know the storm8 ID of the player. If you don't know the storm8 ID leave one message for TL. A common tactic of harassers is to accuse you of the same, to further your distress. If you've not being abusive, you don't need to worry. I too have got myself in this situation for helping nbrs. Please don't anyone discuss on your game walls, do you know how this player is getting to your wall? Don't respond back in anyway. Please don't feel discouraged its a nightmare situation to be in.
I'll add you and come and give you some support, PM me on here if you need me. Send in your storm8 ID and the game it's happening on, ask your nbr to report this player too. Take care.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, I really do appreciate it. Yes, it is an unfortunate situation to be in and it's sad but I may think twice before advising anyone again. If they do further harass me, I will take your advice about taking a screenshot and hopefully teamlava can do something about this. I just had one question, do I report it now even though at this very moment I don't have their posts on my wall nor do I have a screenshot of it? Or should I wait till they post again?

As to your question about how they are getting to my wall, I have figured it out. I have 2 nbrs that haven't deleted my old posts from when I visited from their walls. So even if I decided to delete my nbrs, the person would still have access to my wall. The 2 nbrs aren't on too often for me to ask them to delete my posts and I don't want to leave a new post asking them to remove my old ones in case the harasser sees it. I also don't know how to tell my first nbr (the one that was asking for advice) to report the person in question without the harasser seeing her wall.

I hope you were able to follow all that, it's all too confusing and complicated.

Thanks again for all your help and also to a couple of my nbrs on here :) who are giving me support through this.

xoxoBabyGirl
01-19-12, 06:46 AM
I am sorry too, I would do as barley suggested and take screenshots and send them to support. If you never posted on that persons wall, and all you posted was advice to your nbr, no you have nothing to worry about.
I will have nbrs also post on my wall when they have issues with other players and one time I tried to help my nbr and I too got dragged in, because my nbr did not delete my post.
Now, I do not answer the nbr . If my nbr is registered on the forum I will send them a PM.
If they are not a forum member I post on their wall, "hey you should register on the forum so we can chat sometimes."

Thank you for replying Kooky. You're correct, I have never posted on their wall. I feel so relieved! Thank you for you assurance :) Yes, I will take Barley's advice and take screenshots if any further posting is made by the person. Now, I just hope that the person will get bored soon.

xoxoBabyGirl
01-19-12, 06:49 AM

Also, I have added you :) but I can't PM to let you know what my boutique's name is.

pinkster73
01-19-12, 07:46 AM
Wow, people's nastiness is surprising. This makes me shake my head.

On a more amusing note, my husband who is my neighbor always posts something like "I love you" on my wall when he waters. Someone thought he was harassing me and told him he better leave Pinksterville alone. Too cute. I let them know I'm married to said poster and they said "oh ok, my bad". So there are superhero protectors out there in game, wanted or not :p

pops1972
01-19-12, 09:08 AM
I would probably feel embarrassed if I returned to my wall to find a message stating that I was being deleted. Im certain that I have unintentionally broken my dear neighbors rules at some point. Plz be patient. Sometimes slow to catch on. And now I'm realizing that I've been to sensitive and a bad speller. Have also deleted neighbors. Never post it though.

kooky panda
01-19-12, 09:27 AM
Thank you for replying Kooky. You're correct, I have never posted on their wall. I feel so relieved! Thank you for you assurance :) Yes, I will take Barley's advice and take screenshots if any further posting is made by the person. Now, I just hope that the person will get bored soon.

As for your question on reporting, Maybe wait to see if they come back (may of been one time thing), or if you feel you need to report now, you can send your email to support and give them your storm ID, the other persons game name and the day and approx time of the posts and support can track those messages down.
I have reported both ways and the ones where I had screenshots were taken care of faster.

kooky panda
01-19-12, 09:30 AM
I would probably feel embarrassed if I returned to my wall to find a message stating that I was being deleted. Im certain that I have unintentionally broken my dear neighbors rules at some point. Plz be patient. Sometimes slow to catch on. And now I'm realizing that I've been to sensitive and a bad speller. Have also deleted neighbors. Never post it though.

I have also had the famous "I have deleted you" wall post. My personal feelings are if you decide to delete a nbr, you do not need to post and tell them why(kinda rubbing salt in the wound). If someone comes and asks me why I deleted them, then I will let them know my reason.

xoxoBabyGirl
01-20-12, 05:48 AM
As for your question on reporting, Maybe wait to see if they come back (may of been one time thing), or if you feel you need to report now, you can send your email to support and give them your storm ID, the other persons game name and the day and approx time of the posts and support can track those messages down.
I have reported both ways and the ones where I had screenshots were taken care of faster.

Thanks for the info Kooky!

xoxoBabyGirl
01-20-12, 05:49 AM
Wow, people's nastiness is surprising. This makes me shake my head.

On a more amusing note, my husband who is my neighbor always posts something like "I love you" on my wall when he waters. Someone thought he was harassing me and told him he better leave Pinksterville alone. Too cute. I let them know I'm married to said poster and they said "oh ok, my bad". So there are superhero protectors out there in game, wanted or not :p

I like that one ;) That was sweet of your nbr! lol

pinkster73
01-20-12, 08:50 AM
I like that one ;) That was sweet of your nbr! lol

It wasn't even a neighbor! I don't know the person who did it

shamei
01-20-12, 09:01 AM
TruBlu is a super good neighbor.. :-)

cristinae115
01-21-12, 08:55 AM
I do also have my own playing rules, however I do not post them since I don't want to solicit unkind messages ;). Why don't you just keep those 0-2 star neighbors and use them to your benefit? You don't have to like their fashions since they aren't liking yours, AND you can still visit their boutique and gain the extra coins and exp points. Just a thought! I'm a serious player too :)

easby06
01-21-12, 09:40 PM
I see this topic is still going. It is good reading and I love all input as well. Initially, I would agree that this is just a game. However, after investing almost $1,000 in buying gems to play this game....AAHEM.

I am a die hard player.

shamei
01-21-12, 09:46 PM
I wish there a way we can block a bully player by ourself...

pinkster73
01-21-12, 11:17 PM
I see this topic is still going. It is good reading and I love all input as well. Initially, I would agree that this is just a game. However, after investing almost $1,000 in buying gems to play this game....AAHEM.

I am a die hard player.

Me too. It makes me laugh when people say its a free game. It stopped being free for me a long time ago :)

easby06
01-22-12, 08:31 AM
This game is a investment. The only return that I want from this investment is a bully free game from other players and less less glitches, more appropriate gem pricing from Team Lava.

A lot of kids play this game.

xSnowyOwlx
01-22-12, 01:56 PM
The only problem I see with some of your rules: have you never taken a vacation? Some people actually go on vacations and it's not fair to them if they are a faithful neighbor but decide to take a trip. You see their rating drops and delete them instantly.

Not everyone has the endless amount of time it takes to visit neighbors every single day and I doubt the majority of the players do spend all that time.

easby06
01-22-12, 04:13 PM
:cool:
The only problem I see with some of your rules: have you never taken a vacation? Some people actually go on vacations and it's not fair to them if they are a faithful neighbor but decide to take a trip. You see their rating drops and delete them instantly.

Not everyone has the endless amount of time it takes to visit neighbors every single day and I doubt the majority of the players do spend all that time.

Yes, I go on vacation, go away for the weekends, and leave my house. I have a Sprint air card that allows me to get Internet anywhere....with many disconnects as well.

When I go on vacation, I post this info on my wall and on every wall I visit and the issues I may face with Internet. I also inform all, "no hard feelings if they delete me", if and when I am not able to play. I have a standard vaction message that I post when I am able to play.

Some of my neighbors will posts on their wall or will post directly on my wall the same message. I remember these neighbors and don't delete them. If I accidentally delete one we re-neighbor again. Too easy...cool beans.

If a player does not have the time to visit their neighbors...especially, when they said they would, then downsize the list so that it affords the opportunity to do as promised.

My point is, don't get mad and join the Wall Bullying Club (WBC). Just continue to play the game the way you want to play it; and with the neighbors who are playing with the same game mentality as you.

barleycoon
01-22-12, 04:20 PM
This game is a investment. The only return that I want from this investment is a bully free game from other players and less less glitches, more appropriate gem pricing from Team Lava.

A lot of kids play this game.
I could not agree with you more, we need a bully, harasser free zone on the games and the forum. Thank you for standing up for what is right. Change will come it always does. Bullies should never be allowed to behave how ever they like, it's totally uncalled for behaviour. Those that think it's funny seriously need help.

pinkster73
01-22-12, 04:42 PM
Just to make a point on the other side, constant tattling and reporting of someone who hasn't broken any rules is in itself a form of bullying. People in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks.

kooky panda
01-22-12, 05:25 PM
I dislike bullies too, but most all of us have had to deal with them since gradeschool. The best thing to do, is to ignore them and make sure you report them to Team Lava.
In game send a support an email and on the forum, PM a community manager, moderator (http://forums.teamlava.com/showgroups.php) or file a forum dispute (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes).

pinkster73
01-22-12, 05:29 PM
Kooky, the receptionist at my doctor's office is a bully. Should I email TL or pm you? :p

nmishii
01-22-12, 05:53 PM
Hypothetical question: If someone sends you multiple PMs that they believe you wouldn't like to read, and tells you not to respond to the PM, or blocks you from replying, is that considered bullying?

kooky panda
01-22-12, 07:58 PM
Hypothetical question: If someone sends you multiple PMs that they believe you wouldn't like to read, and tells you not to respond to the PM, or blocks you from replying, is that considered bullying?

Good question. I would say in a case like this, first of all, just like in the games, try to ignore the PM and just delete it. If the members keeps sending you messages and you feel you are being
harrassed by this member, then you should open a forum dispute thread and report this member. You will then be able to discuss the situation with a community manager .

easby06
01-26-12, 09:13 PM
I do not want to be sanctioned or sensored unless I have made or even insinuated inappropriate, racist, degrading, vengeful, disparaging, or discriminating comments.

TruBlu

queentina3
01-26-12, 09:28 PM
I do not want to be sanctioned or sensored unless I have made or even insinuated inappropriate, racist, degrading, vengeful, disparaging, or discriminating comments.

TruBlu

Just in case you weren't aware, Spamming is against the forum rules and the message you posted across all forums and in multiple threads within each forum, is considered Spamming. I just wasn't sure if you knew that or not, so you may want to be prepared just in case.

easby06
01-26-12, 09:44 PM
Just in case you weren't aware, Spamming is against the forum rules and the message you posted across all forums and in multiple threads within each forum, is considered Spamming. I just wasn't sure if you knew that or not, so you may want to be prepared just in case.

Hmmm.

I guess I really be suspended after all as I previously posted.

I appears that I have also broken the cross posting and duplicate discussion rules.

nmishii
01-26-12, 09:54 PM
Hmmm.

I guess I really be suspended after all as I previously posted.

I appears that I have also broken the cross posting and duplicate discussion rules.

Greygull is on right now. Maybe send her a visitor message or private message and ask her if she can delete them, or at least lock them.

easby06
01-26-12, 10:13 PM
Z
Greygull is on right now. Maybe send her a visitor message or private message and ask her if she can delete them, or at least lock them.

Thanks for the assistance.

It appears that they have deleted all posts. WOW!! That was fast.

Hmmm, why can't they act just as fast in other areas?

Oh well, I said what I said with no regrets. What I wrote was the truth. We all have voiced it over and over again with no recompense.

I now await my fate with TeamLava Management.

julia3032
01-27-12, 02:37 AM
I sometimes fall below a 3 star because I get ill a lot. It doesn't mean I'm not a serious player or not a good neighbor. None of my neighbors have deleted me for that because they know I go out of my way to approve their requests quickly and take care to honor their parts gifts if possible. You do sound mean and not very neighborly. That having been said, I wouldn't apply to be your neighbor. However, perhaps someone was deleted for nothing more than falling down in their rating even though they tipped and gifted you every day. That doesn't seem right.

xxxcandiexxx
01-28-12, 10:21 AM
I have the same gaming standards posted on my wall..I stay at 4 stars but late last year was hospitalized for pnemonia. so..my star rating dropped to 2. and I were neighbors from the beginning of me playing the game and was daily in contact through one anothers wall but I was deleted. Contrary to what was said, I wasn't givin any notification I was deleted-I had to find out when I went to visit. I was already back up to a 4 star rating when I sent a MSG asking if we could be neighbors again and what had happened but was never givin a reply. I liked her shop several days in a row after hoping she'd send me her id so I could request but it never happened. it's unfortunate because I lost a really good neighbor and my star rating has not dropped since.

kooky panda
01-28-12, 12:31 PM
okay guys you can give examples but please do not mention specific players names in your post.

MissAileen
01-30-12, 12:22 PM
I read your post and just had to say something because I just kept trying to be nice and accepting and adding nbrs that asked. However, I, like you, visit my neighbors everyday and give them 6 likes. Only a few of them return the favor. I find its a complete waste of time and energy visiting some of them b/c what's the point? You're not being rude or unfair for deleting the neighbors who aren't helping you when you take the time to help them ( in my opinion). I've been considering deleting a lot of my neighbors and just keeping the ones who actually play the game. I've only been adding neighbors who are active players instead of just adding everyone who asks. I think I'll start to delete the nbrs who are just wasting my time. I'm just glad you feel the same way I do. We should be nbrs! If you read this, let me know.

pinkbarbie123
01-30-12, 02:02 PM
I think the op is the rude one. I'm a 4 star and 3 in others and I have to say I wouldn't want to be friends with you. You are basically saying all of you out there without a life are the only ones who can be my friend. You are the one being a bully.

pinkbarbie123
01-30-12, 02:26 PM
I would never know if someone deleted me, I have lots of friends and I have never rejected anyone. I have only deleted one person and that was bc they spelled out I quit in chairs but I didn't delete it until like 5 months later. It is a game, some players play a lot and some do other things with their time. I think it's would to post on someone else's wall that you deleted them and then in the same breath call someone else a bully for responding back. If one of my neighbors tips me once a month I'm cool with it. I don't dictate how everyone should play the game. I think some people should realize that not everyone sits around reading people's walls. I sure don't. And for all of you out there who want to play but don't want to feel pressured to have to put your real lives on hold to appease someone by tipping, gifting and having to write a confirmation message on their neighbors walls I will be your friend. I have no rules other than you can't make rules for me to follow.

barleycoon
01-30-12, 02:32 PM
Harassment and stalking are criminal behaviour that could damage the ability to continue in employment, it is a very serious form of cyber crime. Most governments are actively trying to tackle this with more investment so the crimes may be detected more easily. The individuals or stalker groups need professional treatment, they pose a risk to all in our society. I hope one day this crime is punishable by a prison sentence for a very long time, there Internet access is took away and they are never allowed to have it ever again. These type of predators are very Ill indeed, I feel so sorry for them.

pinkster73
01-30-12, 02:34 PM
Harassment and stalking are criminal behaviour that could damage the ability to continue in employment, it is a very serious form of cyber crime. Most governments are actively trying to tackle this with more investment so the crimes may be detected more easily. The individuals or stalker groups need professional treatment, they pose a risk to all in our society. I hope one day this crime is punishable by a prison sentence for a very long time, there Internet access is took away and they are never allowed to have it ever again. These type of predators are very Ill indeed, I feel so sorry for them.

A long prison sentence for posting something on someone's wall?