PDA

View Full Version : The "Whatever Thread"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

pinkster73
10-31-11, 07:39 AM
This thread is for posting things you find ridiculous :)

I'll start. It's ridiculous that the gas company raises the price of natural gas during the winter months when you use the most natural gas to heat your house. Talk about them having you at their mercy. Not very nice :(

Rachael98
10-31-11, 09:18 AM
BT. This connection is terr-*gets cut off for the millionth time*

sourlicorice2
10-31-11, 02:14 PM
I'm living in Thailand and I love Thai people they r very friendly. But what I find ridiculous is when ur going up a narrow set of stairs for example a pedestrian bridge over a highway and they'll walk side by side instead of single file so the people going the opposite way can get by. They won't even move over and expect u to wait. Lol they probably hate me, I just keep on going now & refuse to move. They end up moving at the last minute. Of course I make exceptions, parents with little ones or the elderly. I used to wait but asked a Thai friend about it and she said it's not a Thai custom & just bad manners on the part of the people not walking up single file.

kooky panda
10-31-11, 02:31 PM
My parents are 77 years old. They have both had some medical problems where they needed surgery.
Before Medicare will pay for the surgeries they both had to go to doctors to get approval.
The main doctor, their heart doctors, then the surgeons. of course this takes weeks to make all the appointments and get over there then wait for reports to be submitted. So Here are two people that are hurting and need surgery but they have to jump through hoops running back and forth before they can get the relieve they need.

WHATS UP WITH THAT???? IT IS RIDICULOUS!!!

pinkster73
10-31-11, 02:44 PM
My parents are 77 years old. They have both had some medical problems where they needed surgery.
Before Medicare will pay for the surgeries they both had to go to doctors to get approval.
The main doctor, their heart doctors, then the surgeons. of course this takes weeks to make all the appointments and get over there then wait for reports to be submitted. So Here are two people that are hurting and need surgery but they have to jump through hoops running back and forth before they can get the relieve they need.

I had to wait 1 1/2 years to have my first surgery because there are only 4 neurosurgeons in a city of 1.2 million people who are qualified to do it. And my case was triaged as urgent. I've currently been waiting 8 months so far and will continue to wait at least another 6 for my next surgery. I'm also marked as urgent this time. This is ridiculous.

Rachael98
10-31-11, 02:52 PM
I thought the NHS was bad...but that's absolutely terrible! I'm sorry, but I am truly disgusted at that. Even enough to say: :mad:!!!
Grr...that actually makes me quite annoyed. Of course, how many thousands would it cost to go private? I'm guessing a lot. Maybe 10,000 gems worth...

pinkster73
10-31-11, 02:59 PM
I thought the NHS was bad...but that's absolutely terrible! I'm sorry, but I am truly disgusted at that. Even enough to say: :mad:!!!
Grr...that actually makes me quite annoyed. Of course, how many thousands would it cost to go private? I'm guessing a lot. Maybe 10,000 gems worth...

For $20 000 I can go to the US and have it done privately. That's a lot of gems

Rachael98
10-31-11, 03:05 PM
For $20 000 I can go to the US and have it done privately. That's a lot of gems

Umm...yeah; not really an option?

Halibel
10-31-11, 04:37 PM
Not trying to be racist but, apparently everyone I've ever had trouble with were caucasian. When I had disputes with other races, the outcome would always result in a friendly manner.

pinkster73
10-31-11, 04:42 PM
Umm...yeah; not really an option?

Nope. Unless it becomes very bad.

@halibel
I'm sure it just seems that way based on your experiences. Don't let those negative experiences cloud your feelings. There are good and bad people, in all colors :)

madaxman
10-31-11, 05:04 PM
I find it ridiculous that I am sitting up reading and responding to threads on a forum when I should be tucked up in bed... my dog has already come through once and told me to "get of that flaming machine," at least I think that is what she was trying to say!

Rachael98
10-31-11, 05:09 PM
I find it ridiculous that I am sitting up reading and responding to threads on a forum when I should be tucked up in bed... my dog has already come through once and told me to "get of that flaming machine," at least I think that is what she was trying to say!

At least you can...stupid BT...it's taking me forever to do anything and I can't get access to the games properly.

madaxman
10-31-11, 05:25 PM
Yes, I know, Rachael98! I keep looking to see whether my image is up yet but it isn't. I hope that you get your problem solved soon (not just because of that). I use BT and have been doing so for years with no problems at all, but I guess I am just lucky (have to be lucky in something I guess!).

Rachael98
10-31-11, 05:32 PM
Yes, I know, Rachael98! I keep looking to see whether my image is up yet but it isn't. I hope that you get your problem solved soon (not just because of that). I use BT and have been doing so for years with no problems at all, but I guess I am just lucky (have to be lucky in something I guess!).

:( I'm so sorry about trying to get the picture up; it's so annoying! That's one of the main reasons I want BT to get it sorted. It always goes wrong. And because of the way the system is set up here, if one person's goes wrong, it affects the whole postal code:mad: :(*cries*

pinkster73
10-31-11, 05:41 PM
:( I'm so sorry about trying to get the picture up; it's so annoying! That's one of the main reasons I want BT to get it sorted. It always goes wrong. And because of the way the system is set up here, if one person's goes wrong, it affects the whole postal code:mad: :(*cries*

Ummm what is BT?

redbites
10-31-11, 05:44 PM
Ummm what is BT?
That was exactly what I was about to post

Hawaiianmomma
10-31-11, 05:49 PM

try to see if they both have Medicare Advantage tack.....if they currently have Medigap they will most likely have to drop it...the later doesn't pay the first....consider well once dropped may not be able to requalify again on a second round hon.
Though the plans rules makes seem ridiculously time consuming for your ailing parents the protocol in place prevents driving costs higher for the general population utilizing the same government medical policy.....in short make sure your family has chosen their coverages well....double check the comparison charts...also if they don't have Medigap take a good look at it....you can only purchase policies during certain times....check your state and also State Health Insurance Program for more information....they can get personalized help to fit their needs....every state is different

Rachael98
10-31-11, 05:50 PM
Ummm what is BT?

That was exactly what I was about to post

Stands for British Telecommunications.

Hawaiianmomma
10-31-11, 05:51 PM
Happy Halloween All


shakiba
11-01-11, 03:41 PM
Um... happ the day after halloween everyone. Enjoy your candies.
For those who dont celebrate it, then um Happy November 1... new month! :D

Rachael98
11-01-11, 03:51 PM
Um... happ the day after halloween everyone. Enjoy your candies.
For those who dont celebrate it, then um Happy November 1... new month! :D

In just over an hour, I'll accept birthday greetings:p. And no, pleeeease don't ask how ancient I am. Seriously O.O

shakiba
11-01-11, 03:54 PM
In just over an hour, I'll accept birthday greetings:p. And no, pleeeease don't ask how ancient I am. Seriously O.O

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM WRITING MY GREETINGS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pinkster73
11-01-11, 09:21 PM
I think its ridiculous I can't write g****s yet ha ha

pinkster73
11-01-11, 09:22 PM
I mean those purple things you make wine and raisins with :)

madaxman
11-02-11, 11:12 AM
... And no, pleeeease don't ask how ancient I am...

No, I'm not asking, but I guess I beat you! Now that I check it out though, you don't seem to have posted on the Ages Everyone poll (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?15744-NEW-POLL-Ages-Everyone-)! :p

nmishii
11-02-11, 11:38 AM

I'm not quite sure why you think your birthday is ridiculous :p. Happy Birthday.

pinkster73
11-02-11, 12:12 PM
Here's something ridiculous: my new surgery date is January OF THE YEAR 2013. Unless I can pay $20 000 for private

Rachael98
11-02-11, 12:14 PM
I'm not quite sure why you think your birthday is ridiculous :p. Happy Birthday.

Don't you:p?

Here's something ridiculous: my new surgery date is January OF THE YEAR 2013. Unless I can pay $20 000 for private

What the heck!?

pinkster73
11-02-11, 12:35 PM
[QUOTE=Rachael98;
What the heck!?[/QUOTE]

I know. Great health care system. Not.

nmishii
11-02-11, 01:02 PM

That is ridiculous. Just make sure you can make that date. Otherwise they'll reschedule you for sometime in 2014. See if you can get on a waiting list to take the place of someone who has to cancel.

pinkster73
11-02-11, 01:14 PM
That is ridiculous. Just make sure you can make that date. Otherwise they'll reschedule you for sometime in 2014. See if you can get on a waiting list to take the place of someone who has to cancel.

Oh I am. But NOBODY cancels. I'm looking in my couch cushions for spare change. $20 000 worth ha ha

kooky panda
11-02-11, 01:17 PM
Oh I am. But NOBODY cancels. I'm looking in my couch cushions for spare change. $20 000 worth ha ha

sometimes don't you wish you could turn all your coins in your games into real money!!! I would be a millionaire!!

pinkster73
11-02-11, 01:19 PM
sometimes don't you wish you could turn all your coins in your games into real money!!! I would be a millionaire!!

Me too! I could afford to pay a neurosurgeon to come to me! Before the year 2013!

casadolce
11-02-11, 06:08 PM
Oh I am. But NOBODY cancels.

On a positive note, it means no one dies waiting ;) Cheer up and hang in there my friend!

BTW, which health care system is that?

pinkster73
11-02-11, 06:15 PM
On a positive note, it means no one dies waiting ;) Cheer up and hang in there my friend!

BTW, which health care system is that?

Oh yes people die waiting very often. We have some of the longest surgery wait times in the world. Canada.

Rachael98
11-02-11, 06:26 PM
Oh yes people die waiting very often. We have some of the longest surgery wait times in the world. Canada.

Hey, Commonwealth...will I go and have a word with the Queen?

casadolce
11-02-11, 07:17 PM

Sorry to hear that. I thought I was joking but the joke's on me. What province are you in? I'm in BC and have not heard of ridiculously long waiting time like that. Maybe you should write your MP and your MLA to see if they can help? Also you may be able to have your surgery in another province that has a shorter waiting list?

pinkster73
11-02-11, 08:24 PM
Sorry to hear that. I thought I was joking but the joke's on me. What province are you in? I'm in BC and have not heard of ridiculously long waiting time like that. Maybe you should write your MP and your MLA to see if they can help? Also you may be able to have your surgery in another province that has a shorter waiting list?

I'm in Alberta. They won't pay for me to go out of province but I'm looking at going to another city. The problem for me is lack of neurosurgeons per number of patients who are able to do my kind of surgery. Also I have some special circumstances such as having been born with some spinal abnormalities and scar tissue from previous surgery. My Mom says I'm "special" ha ha.

On the bright side my car was stolen this evening. Oh wait.... That's not bright...

Seriously, I couldn't make up the week I'm having :o

pinkster73
11-02-11, 08:26 PM
Here's something good, I found about $4 and a bunch of lost cat toys in my couch :)

casadolce
11-02-11, 08:56 PM
Here's something good, I found about $4 and a bunch of lost cat toys in my couch :)

That's a good start :)

kooky panda
11-02-11, 08:56 PM
okay what up with drivers that insist on pulling out in front of your while you are driving then they go 10 miles per hour when you are the only car on the road????
Can't they wait like ummm 2 seconds for you to pass?? Whats up with that???

xokay
11-02-11, 08:58 PM
I'm in Alberta. They won't pay for me to go out of province but I'm looking at going to another city. The problem for me is lack of neurosurgeons per number of patients who are able to do my kind of surgery. Also I have some special circumstances such as having been born with some spinal abnormalities and scar tissue from previous surgery. My Mom says I'm "special" ha ha.

On the bright side my car was stolen this evening. Oh wait.... That's not bright...

Seriously, I couldn't make up the week I'm having :o

You poor thing! Don't get me started on our health care system!!! :P

xokay
11-02-11, 09:01 PM
It's ridiculous that both my car's muffler fell off and my computer's battery broke within hours on the same day!!! Talk about an expensive afternoon.

greygull
11-02-11, 09:10 PM
okay what up with drivers that insist on pulling out in front of your while you are driving then they go 10 miles per hour when you are the only car on the road????
Can't they wait like ummm 2 seconds for you to pass?? Whats up with that???

Welcome to California! The only thing I truly hate about this state - the drivers. Everyone feels that even though they are in the middle or left lanes, everyone else should stop for them so they can turn right. I have had to learn how to tailgate to avoid being cut off! Worse one to date - I was cut off 12 times in less then 1/2 mile. Funniest one - I was cut off (same street, different day) by one of my hubby's drivers. When he got back to the shop, he got yelled at. I showed up later that day and was allowed to slap him in the back of the head - twice!

pinkster73
11-02-11, 09:33 PM
It's ridiculous that both my car's muffler fell off and my computer's battery broke within hours on the same day!!! Talk about an expensive afternoon.

Uh oh bad things happen in threes. You're due for one more. (Theme from jaws plays)

nmishii
11-02-11, 09:48 PM
Welcome to California! The only thing I truly hate about this state - the drivers. Everyone feels that even though they are in the middle or left lanes, everyone else should stop for them so they can turn right. I have had to learn how to tailgate to avoid being cut off! Worse one to date - I was cut off 12 times in less then 1/2 mile. Funniest one - I was cut off (same street, different day) by one of my hubby's drivers. When he got back to the shop, he got yelled at. I showed up later that day and was allowed to slap him in the back of the head - twice!

I live in California also. I think the drivers in Boston are worse. There was one intersection where all the cars went into it and it was every person for themselves on getting out. And I've gone in circles over and over not being able to get out of a roundabout because the cars wouldn't let me change lanes.

And there are no traffic rules for the pedestrians. I was walking the Freedom Trail, and was waiting at a red light to cross a street. A person walked up and crossed while red. There was a police car parked across the street and he let it go.

pinkster73
11-02-11, 09:52 PM
I live in California also. I think the drivers in Boston are worse. There was one intersection where all the cars went into it and it was every person for themselves on getting out. And I've gone in circles over and over not being able to get out of a roundabout because the cars wouldn't let me change lanes.

And there are no traffic rules for the pedestrians. I was walking the Freedom Trail, and was waiting at a red light to cross a street. A person walked up and crossed while red. There was a police car parked across the street and he let it go.

You should get a really cheap car and next time that happens just nudge your way over more and more. I bet they would let you in if its obvious they value their car more then you value yours wa ah ah

xokay
11-02-11, 09:56 PM
Uh oh bad things happen in threes. You're due for one more. (Theme from jaws plays)

Oh nooooooooooo.

xokay
11-02-11, 10:05 PM
I find it ridiculous that despite finding it impossible to get out of bed in the morning and cursing myself for staying up so late, I never end up asleep before 2:30 AM.

pinkster73
11-03-11, 08:50 AM
I find it ridiculous that despite finding it impossible to get out of bed in the morning and cursing myself for staying up so late, I never end up asleep before 2:30 AM.

I'm exactly the same.

Umm, embarrassing update about my car: it wasn't stolen it was towed. My bad tee hee

Rachael98
11-03-11, 09:50 AM
I'm exactly the same.

Umm, embarrassing update about my car: it wasn't stolen it was towed. My bad tee hee

That made me laugh:p. At least it's safe. From what I've seen of American Road Policing, it wouldn't get back in one piece if it got into a pursuit.
Embarrassing car story (this happened days after an Event had result-giving delayed because GM's MagmaMobile got a flat tyre if anyone else remembers that): called AA (Automobile Association) asking for membership fee to be reduced. Their answer: As you've been with us for over 20 years consecutively, and have called our very rarely, here's a 20% or so reduction.

Well, you can guess: the car battery died a few hours later and they got called out for a replacement that cost them a bit:p!

Rachael98
11-03-11, 10:00 AM
Radio ad intro that I just heard (jingle): "I believe that buses are the future..."
Really? Nope, not happening; also, I know what you mean, xokay...

pinkster73
11-03-11, 10:06 AM
My car's name is the duckmobile because one year we had bad road flooding and there was a huge puddle (more like a small lake/river) and there were cars stuck everywhere and I had to get home so I went for it. My car made it across and my son said "wow Mommy our car floats like a duck". Hence the duckmobile. I have to get her out of car jail this afternoon

Rachael98
11-03-11, 10:20 AM
My car's name is the duckmobile because one year we had bad road flooding and there was a huge puddle (more like a small lake/river) and there were cars stuck everywhere and I had to get home so I went for it. My car made it across and my son said "wow Mommy our car floats like a duck". Hence the duckmobile. I have to get her out of car jail this afternoon

What, like a minature of your Profile Pic:)? How much? *dreads answer*
...you could probably afford to go private for the release fee:o? BTW, why was it towed:confused:?

pinkster73
11-03-11, 10:23 AM
What, like a minature of your Profile Pic:)? How much? *dreads answer*
...you could probably afford to go private for the release fee:o? BTW, why was it towed:confused:?

Well she doesn't look like my profile pic but that would be awesome if she did. And the horn would go "quack quack". She was towed because I forgot to renew that little sticker on the plate and it expired October 31. Totally my fault. Oops.

Rachael98
11-03-11, 10:25 AM
Well she doesn't look like my profile pic but that would be awesome if she did. And the horn would go "quack quack". She was towed because I forgot to renew that little sticker on the plate and it expired October 31. Totally my fault. Oops.

Ooh, you're lucky. If you did it here, you'd get about ?[GBP]300 fine and your car would be crushed. You might get blacklisted too.

pinkster73
11-03-11, 10:28 AM
Ooh, you're lucky. If you did it here, you'd get about ?[GBP]300 fine and your car would be crushed. You might get blacklisted too.

Oh that's harsh. Apparently here they just snatch it from in front of your house so you go outside and are "WHERE'S MY CAR AHHH?!" Then after 2 hours on the phone with the city checking if they have it its going to cost me around $300

Rachael98
11-03-11, 10:30 AM
Oh that's harsh. Apparently here they just snatch it from in front of your house so you go outside and are "WHERE'S MY CAR AHHH?!" Then after 2 hours on the phone with the city checking if they have it its going to cost me around $300

I presume it wasn't on your drive? But you'd have needed a SORN here too...but the DVLA messed those up...twice!

pinkster73
11-03-11, 10:40 AM
I presume it wasn't on your drive? But you'd have needed a SORN here too...but the DVLA messed those up...twice!

What is a sorn?

Rachael98
11-03-11, 10:50 AM
What is a sorn?

Off-Road Notification.

You get in big trouble if the DVLA don't acknowledge it andyou don't chase them up! Makes them unpopular at that department.

sourlicorice2
11-03-11, 11:04 AM
Just when I thought my area was in the clear for floods I find out today a mall roughly 40 mins away is flooded knee high and it's gonna come through my area on it's way to the ocean. To make matters worse school is postponed for the kids till the 15th and too make up the time lost instead of extending the school year 10 days there gonna have 10 Saturday classes. Waaaah six day work weeks  I love my two days off to unwind and relax after a week of little ones 

pinkster73
11-03-11, 11:13 AM
Just when I thought my area was in the clear for floods I find out today a mall roughly 40 mins away is flooded knee high and it's gonna come through my area on it's way to the ocean. To make matters worse school is postponed for the kids till the 15th and too make up the time lost instead of extending the school year 10 days there gonna have 10 Saturday classes. Waaaah six day work weeks  I love my two days off to unwind and relax after a week of little ones 

Omg that sucks. I feel for you

Rachael98
11-03-11, 12:38 PM

Awww man...that's bad:(; hope you're OK (apart from losing the weekend).

nmishii
11-03-11, 05:33 PM
On my first trip to Paris, we walked into a restaurant and spent most of the time trying to figure out what the main dishes were. We ordered, and without looking at the drink menu, ordered sodas. The waiter brought out them out in small glasses. There was a group of people a couple of tables over who had large sodas so we asked for the large size instead. The large size was .5L, or less than 17 US fl. oz. When we got the bill, they were the equivalent of $7.50 USD each!!! I did not buy another soda in France again.

A few years later, a co-worker returned from Paris and I told him about my $7.50 diet coke. He said he paid $9.00 for one.

pinkster73
11-03-11, 06:27 PM
On my first trip to Paris, we walked into a restaurant and spent most of the time trying to figure out what the main dishes were. We ordered, and without looking at the drink menu, ordered sodas. The waiter brought out them out in small glasses. There was a group of people a couple of tables over who had large sodas so we asked for the large size instead. The large size was .5L, or less than 17 US fl. oz. When we got the bill, they were the equivalent of $7.50 USD each!!! I did not buy another soda in France again.

A few years later, a co-worker returned from Paris and I told him about my $7.50 diet coke. He said he paid $9.00 for one.

That is ridiculous.

Impound lot fees are ridiculous. $360 later my car is out of jail. I will never forget to renew registration again. I am ridiculous too.

casadolce
11-03-11, 06:32 PM

Apparently red wine is the cheapest drink in Paris. You can buy hot wine street side in a paper cup.

greygull
11-03-11, 06:33 PM
That is ridiculous.

Impound lot fees are ridiculous. $360 later my car is out of jail. I will never forget to renew registration again. I am ridiculous too.

Actually, you're a bit lucky. Here, if you don't pay you registration, your car gets impounded for 30 days. Between paying the registration, the city fees, and the impound fees, it's easily $1200 or more.

casadolce
11-03-11, 06:33 PM
That is ridiculous.

Ouch! You need to look under/inside 89 more couches!

pinkster73
11-03-11, 07:34 PM
Well $360 is better then $1200. Could have been worse. Too bad it wasn't stolen though tee hee

pinkster73
11-05-11, 04:14 PM
Look at my onion ring I got at a restaurant tonight ha ha:

http://i42.tinypic.com/xgilv6.jpg

Rachael98
11-05-11, 04:43 PM
Well $360 is better then $1200. Could have been worse. Too bad it wasn't stolen though tee hee

Seems that the rules are actually pretty soft where you are!

Look at my onion ring I got at a restaurant tonight ha ha:

http://i42.tinypic.com/xgilv6.jpg

I can say only one thing:

EPIC FACE:D!

pinkster73
11-05-11, 04:49 PM
I tried to take the picture discreetly so I wouldn't look strange.

Ps my husband ate him right after this picture

Rachael98
11-05-11, 05:00 PM
I tried to take the picture discreetly so I wouldn't look strange.

Ps my husband ate him right after this picture

How could anyone eat it:eek:!?:p

pinkster73
11-05-11, 10:03 PM
I know! But he likes onion rings. Even happy ones

Hawaiianmomma
11-06-11, 02:03 AM
Now that is the Cutest onion ring I've seen....

sourlicorice2
11-06-11, 02:08 AM
Aww poor onion ring. I think a funeral may be in order ��

sourlicorice2
11-06-11, 02:09 AM
Ok those two black dots should have been a happy face with a tongue sticking out. Just updated my iPad to 5.0. Guess a problem with emoji?

Rachael98
11-06-11, 02:24 AM
Ok those two black dots should have been a happy face with a tongue sticking out. Just updated my iPad to 5.0. Guess a problem with emoji?

It looks fine from my iOS 4 POV:).

sourlicorice2
11-06-11, 02:49 AM
It looks fine from my iOS 4 POV:).

All I see are black diamonds with question marks. No matter the emoji is working fine on TL games. I can see the emoji Hawaiianmomma used though.

Hawaiianmomma
11-06-11, 02:51 AM


casadolce
11-06-11, 09:04 AM
I have the same problem as you, after ios5. ����

sourlicorice2
11-06-11, 10:09 AM
Yes you do but it's weird that it works fine on the TL games. It's just here. Does that count as being ridiculous? No matter though. I just won't use it on the forum if I remember not to lol :-)

pinkster73
11-06-11, 12:55 PM
Hawaiianmommas emojis look like Chinese writing to me. Most peoples emojis do. Or empty rectangles

nmishii
11-06-11, 01:19 PM
Hawaiianmommas emojis look like empty rectangles to me. Most emojis do. I don't see the Chinese characters.

We need an Android only character set so we can post in that character set.

Rachael98
11-06-11, 02:02 PM
All Emoji work fine everywhere for me.
But this isn't very ridiculous...

nmishii
11-06-11, 02:12 PM
All Emoji work fine everywhere for me.
But this isn't very ridiculous...

I've always thought it was ridiculous that people left me wall posts that I can't read. I don't normally tell my nbrs I can't read them.

Think of the brackets as being connected. This is what some of my wall posts look like.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

sourlicorice2
11-06-11, 02:21 PM
I've always thought it was ridiculous that people left me wall posts that I can't read. I don't normally tell my nbrs I can't read them.

Think of the brackets as being connected. This is what some of my wall posts look like.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Lol I'm guilty of that. I just keep forgetting u can't see emoji.

sourlicorice2
11-06-11, 02:22 PM
Also some may not b aware android users can't see emoji.

nmishii
11-06-11, 02:29 PM
Also some may not b aware android users can't see emoji.

I know that.

In the summer when I posted that I was on Android and couldn't send or receive materials, I had one neighbor post back asking if I could read the emoji. I said I couldn't, that they looked like empty rectangles. Four months later, I still get only emoji posts. But, like you, she's a good nbr.

Rachael98
11-06-11, 02:41 PM
I know that.

In the summer when I posted that I was on Android and couldn't send or receive materials, I had one neighbor post back asking if I could read the emoji. I said I couldn't, that they looked like empty rectangles. Four months later, I still get only emoji posts. But, like you, she's a good nbr.

I try to remember, but sometimes I forget and sometimes people take months before actually letting me know-.-

Hawaiianmomma
11-06-11, 04:29 PM
Thank God This Is A Beautiful Free World

Rachael98
11-06-11, 04:49 PM
Thank God This Is A Beautiful Free World

Seconded!:)

pinkster73
11-06-11, 08:54 PM
I try to remember, but sometimes I forget and sometimes people take months before actually letting me know-.-

Ya I generally don't bother telling my neighbors I can't see their emojis anymore. I just assume [][][][][][][][][] means watered ha ha

sourlicorice2
11-06-11, 09:06 PM
I normally don't use all emoji in my posts I do type a short message I.e. tips as well. At least nbrs will b able to see half the message lol

Rachael98
11-07-11, 12:15 AM
Ya I generally don't bother telling my neighbors I can't see their emojis anymore. I just assume [][][][][][][][][] means watered ha ha

No, it's reporting news stories-.-
You can have the Android Version:).

madaxman
11-07-11, 01:03 PM
I just assume [][][][][][][][][] means watered ha ha

Shouldn't [][][][][][][][][][] normally mean watered rather than [][][][][][][][][] ?!

pinkster73
11-07-11, 08:54 PM
Shouldn't [][][][][][][][][][] normally mean watered rather than [][][][][][][][][] ?!

I guess so. It probably means something more like [][][][][][][][][][][] then [][][][][][][][][][][].

casadolce
11-07-11, 09:01 PM
I guess so. It probably means something more like [][][][][][][][][][][] then [][][][][][][][][][][].

I disagree. I think it means ��������������������! Lol.....

pinkster73
11-07-11, 09:43 PM
I disagree. I think it means ��������������������! Lol.....

No sorry you're wrong. [][][][][][][][][] has to be closer to [][][][][][][][][][][]

sourlicorice2
11-07-11, 11:44 PM
Lol I think I'll just stop using emoji and stick with :-). :-)=

madaxman
11-08-11, 05:21 AM
Lol I think I'll just stop using emoji and stick with :-). :-)=

Ah yes, the good old days when smiley faces had noses!

pinkster73
11-08-11, 09:05 AM
Ah yes, the good old days when smiley faces had noses!

Ah yes, I remember those days. Back in the olden days we had to make our own emojis, using punctuation symbols, kids these days have no idea.....

nmishii
11-08-11, 10:03 AM
Ah yes, I remember those days. Back in the olden days we had to make our own emojis, using punctuation symbols, kids these days have no idea.....

I remember drawing smiley faces on paper with a pen or pencil. When I used a typewriter, I never thought of typing emojis using punctuation symbols.

sourlicorice2
11-08-11, 11:33 AM
Lol I remember when the Writing on computer screens was green and we had to use floppy disks to save everything. Now there are thumb drives which are smaller and save more. Ok I'm gonna stop now it's making me feel old. Bad enough I got grey hair already lol.

kooky panda
11-08-11, 11:35 AM
Hey I remember 8-tracks!!! (thought I was pretty cool hauling that thing around...my own boombox lol) Now one small ipod touch...amazing!!!

pinkster73
11-08-11, 12:29 PM
Lol I remember when the Writing on computer screens was green and we had to use floppy disks to save everything. Now there are thumb drives which are smaller and save more. Ok I'm gonna stop now it's making me feel old. Bad enough I got grey hair already lol.

Me too! And we learned "computer programming" by telling the turtle go right 90 degrees, forward 10, right 90 degrees, forward 10 and so on until we made a square. WOO A SQUARE!

casadolce
11-08-11, 01:22 PM
Guys, I remember learning to type on a manual typewriter. It hurts like h*ll when a finger got stuck between keys.

Who's old now?

nmishii
11-08-11, 01:30 PM
Guys, I remember learning to type on a manual typewriter. It hurts like h*ll when a finger got stuck between keys.

Who's old now?

I think I can top you. There's a reason why I didn't post in the Guess Your Age thread.

I also learned to type on a manual typewriter.

I learned "computer programming" in a class. I went to a lab and sat at a keypunch machine and punched cards.

pinkster73
11-08-11, 01:33 PM
I think I can top you. There's a reason why I didn't post in the Guess Your Age thread.

I learned "computer programming" in a class. I went to a lab and sat at a keypunch machine and punched cards.

You win! :):):)

casadolce
11-08-11, 01:59 PM
I sent telex...and cables....

kooky panda
11-08-11, 02:03 PM

Who's old now?

me too!! remember when you were typing with carbon paper to make duplicates??? Then you made a mistake and had to use white out for each page, let it dry,
then try and line up your copies again????? the second page did not look too good. lol
Yes we had the old huge IBM typewriters!!! (what is sad is I still have one in storage..)

pinkster73
11-08-11, 02:38 PM
I sent telex...and cables....

I used to make phone calls with 2 empty soup cans and a long piece of string :)

Rachael98
11-08-11, 02:42 PM
Me too! And we learned "computer programming" by telling the turtle go right 90 degrees, forward 10, right 90 degrees, forward 10 and so on until we made a square. WOO A SQUARE!

Ugh...I remember doing that. Boring IMO. I much prefer new programming. Do you know what's most shocking? Apparently, they still teach programming like that here in primary schools:o!

Who's old now?

I quite like typewriters, actually. Perhaps because it's a (very) old family relic:).

Doesn't everyone still do that:p?

madaxman
11-08-11, 05:35 PM

Me too! We actually filled in coding forms and someone else punched the cards. I remember it took three days to get back the results of my first program, which found the mean of five numbers!

Oh, and I posted on the age thread. When I last looked there was ONE other person in my age band!

madaxman
11-08-11, 05:41 PM
Rachael, I've discovered your problem. It's no wonder you're having wifi trouble if you're using two cans and a piece of string. And you have the audacity to blame BT! ;)

sterlingempire
11-08-11, 05:53 PM
My Soap Opera is on in 30 minutes.

pinkster73
11-08-11, 05:57 PM
My Soap Opera is on in 30 minutes.

Well that's ridiculous you have to wait 30 minutes

Rachael98
11-08-11, 06:10 PM
Rachael, I've discovered your problem. It's no wonder you're having wifi trouble if you're using two cans and a piece of string. And you have the audacity to blame BT! ;)

*Facepalms self*

But BT said that it was the best that they could provide. (really) Seriously, everyone here has one!

casadolce
11-08-11, 07:30 PM

Those phones are hardest to tap into, I think :)

me too!! remember when you were typing with carbon paper to make duplicates??? Then you made a mistake and had to use white out for each page, let it dry,
then try and line up your copies again????? the second page did not look too good. lol
Yes we had the old huge IBM typewriters!!! (what is sad is I still have one in storage..)

Ever try typing stencils? Lol...

sourlicorice2
11-08-11, 07:32 PM

Same here except for going to a lab and sitting at a keypunch machine (don't know what that is)

nmishii
11-08-11, 08:13 PM
Same here except for going to a lab and sitting at a keypunch machine (don't know what that is)

Here's the keypunch machine I used. It punches rectangles out of cards - see figure 4. There's a line at the top of what you typed, and the rest of the card has holes in it for the computer to read. Looks like the predecessor to emoji on an Android device.

http://www.columbia.edu/cu/computinghistory/029.html

nmishii
11-08-11, 08:25 PM
I also remember 8-tracks, coding forms and sending them to a keypunch operator at work, carbon paper, and green computer screens. I owned several telephones made out of soup cans and string.

I don't know what a typing stencil is.

And the program that pinkster used to learn "computer programming," I could have written that program she used if I had worked at that company.

kooky panda
11-08-11, 09:01 PM
My first cell phone.... Need I say more??:o

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/images-3.jpg

pinkster73
11-08-11, 10:45 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/313tbpj.jpg

Hawaiianmomma
11-08-11, 11:18 PM
DOS....easy soup...DD taught that in 2nd gr.....silly basics but looking bk I now see it's importance....pink didn't u guys do more than box?

Rachael98
11-09-11, 12:34 AM
My first cell phone.... Need I say more??:o

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/images-3.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/313tbpj.jpg

Which top-of-the-range models are these? Very similar to your phones now, I notice...

...no, wait...

madaxman
11-09-11, 06:12 AM
Ever try typing stencils? Lol...

Yes, casadolce, I remember them well! If you made an error, you had to cover it with nail varnish (or some proprietary alternative) and then type over when it was dry. I remember producing a magazine using these and how amazing it was when we moved to electronic stencils. They made creating pictures so much easier because you didn't need to use the stylus on the stencil to scratch out some original artwork! I have those magazines somewhere... but recently our old Scout Group got together and I published a special issue of the magazine. We have come so far in only a few years. <weeps with nostalgia> :D

pinkster73
11-09-11, 07:41 AM
DOS....easy soup...DD taught that in 2nd gr.....silly basics but looking bk I now see it's importance....pink didn't u guys do more than box?

Yes we did but it was too long to type. Right 120 forward 10 right 120 forward 10 right 120 forward 10 and VIOLA! A triangle. And we could run it with variations to make useless designs. Internet? What's that? Ha ha.

pinkster73
11-09-11, 07:53 AM
Remember pong? Check out those graphics woo ya!

http://i43.tinypic.com/21e7r07.jpg

greygull
11-09-11, 09:50 AM
Remember pong? Check out those graphics woo ya!

http://i43.tinypic.com/21e7r07.jpg

Those graphics are so much better then the original though lol ;) That was our reward in my first ever computer class - getting to play Pong!

pinkster73
11-10-11, 11:58 AM
Nutritional*Information*‐*Valencia*Orange Per*100*g*product
Calories238
Carbohydrates*(g)93****
Total*sugars*(g)0.1
Protein*(g)<*0.02
Fat*(g)<0.2
Saturated*Fat*(g)<0.02
Trans*Fat*(g)0
Cholesterol*(mg)0
Sodium*(mg)2.04

Here's something ridiculous. I'm munching away on my sugar free candies and thought I would get the nutritional info. How do so many calories get into something sugar free? Ps there's 17grams per package equaling 40 calories but they make it appear like they're calorie free. :(

pinkster73
11-10-11, 12:21 PM
Btw those are sunkist citrus burst mints. Sooo good

Eldin
11-10-11, 01:27 PM
My working pants are ridicilous COOL! :D

THE PANTS (http://www.google.se/imgres?q=rosa+hantverksbyxor&hl=sv&biw=1145&bih=599&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=RC2NdCxUh5djmM:&imgrefurl=http://www.billigaarbetsklader.se/nyheter-i-45.aspx&docid=av7eh-XAfVst4M&imgurl=http://www.billigaarbetsklader.se/pub_images/medium/Pink_Lady_6808.jpg&w=190&h=365&ei=hDO8TomKCcSh4gSumYVK&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=260&sig=100604407252313693837&page=1&tbnh=138&tbnw=72&start=0&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0&tx=43&ty=88)

/Eldin

pinkster73
11-10-11, 01:35 PM

THE PANTS (http://www.google.se/imgres?q=rosa+hantverksbyxor&hl=sv&biw=1145&bih=599&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=RC2NdCxUh5djmM:&imgrefurl=http://www.billigaarbetsklader.se/nyheter-i-45.aspx&docid=av7eh-XAfVst4M&imgurl=http://www.billigaarbetsklader.se/pub_images/medium/Pink_Lady_6808.jpg&w=190&h=365&ei=hDO8TomKCcSh4gSumYVK&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=260&sig=100604407252313693837&page=1&tbnh=138&tbnw=72&start=0&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0&tx=43&ty=88)

/Eldin

Winner of the BEST WORK PANTS EVER award!

madaxman
11-10-11, 02:36 PM

/Eldin

Ooh? stunning? and not ridiculous at all? I wish I had had a pair of those for the pink car rally I took part in this year!

madaxman
11-10-11, 02:41 PM
Of course I meant "Ooh... stunning... and not ridiculous at all... I wish I had had a pair of those for the pink car rally I took part in this year!" I can never work out when ellipsis work on these threads and when they don't.

pinkster73
11-10-11, 02:58 PM
Of course I meant "Ooh... stunning... and not ridiculous at all... I wish I had had a pair of those for the pink car rally I took part in this year!" I can never work out when ellipsis work on these threads and when they don't.

A pink car rally? Pinkster likes this.

Rachael98
11-10-11, 03:02 PM

Well, I once went to an orange car rally:p.

No, not really.
But I did once go to a rally which ended as a flashing blue rally with a spot of yellow when someone had a horrific crash at high speeds and had to get airlifted:(.

sterlingempire
11-10-11, 03:02 PM
Whats ridiculous is a person can be so uppity that when I ask her out she laughs in my face and says, "HELL NO!" :mad:

Rachael98
11-10-11, 03:04 PM
Whats ridiculous is a person can be so uppity that when I ask her out she laughs in my face and says, "HELL NO!" :mad:

Pass on my utter disgust to her:mad:...if she's even worthy to see you, let alone talk to you:mad::mad:

How can anyone do that!? It's so mean, and rude!!!

pinkster73
11-10-11, 03:06 PM

Don't fret sterling, karma will get her eventually

sterlingempire
11-10-11, 03:09 PM
Don't fret sterling, karma will get her eventually

Wow, you know all that?! :D I think you just made my day

pinkster73
11-10-11, 03:10 PM
Wow, you know all that?! :D I think you just made my day

I truly believe everyone gets what they deserve one day.

sterlingempire
11-10-11, 03:12 PM

Yeah... like in one of the soaps my mom watches, god comes down as one of their devotees because they were ****ed by a wicked person. They then keep their identity a secret, and then she punishes the girl for her bad deeds.

Rachael98
11-10-11, 03:12 PM

Someone worthy for Sterling, for instance:).

sterlingempire
11-10-11, 03:13 PM
Awww thanks Rachael :)

pinkster73
11-10-11, 03:14 PM
Yeah... like in one of the soaps my mom watches, god comes down as one of their devotees because they were ****ed by a wicked person. They then keep their identity a secret, and then she punishes the girl for her bad deeds.

Well I was thinking more along the lines of someone will reject her like that one day.

Rachael98
11-10-11, 03:18 PM
Well I was thinking more along the lines of someone will reject her like that one day.

Yeah...God coming down and ****ing her is slightly extreme.

Reminds me of an awesome YT clip; sadly it's forum inappropriate, but if you search "=3 Musical", it's the one by RayWilliamJohnson called "Sunny D and Rum". Awesome clip.

sterlingempire
11-10-11, 03:19 PM
Haha, not **** her, but expose her

Rachael98
11-10-11, 03:21 PM
Haha, not **** her, but expose her

You just exposed her.

pinkster73
11-10-11, 03:41 PM
You just exposed her.

Nudity is not forum appropriate. No exposing here :p

sterlingempire
11-10-11, 03:42 PM
Hahaha :D Nice one

sourlicorice2
11-10-11, 06:49 PM
People like her are not good enough for you anyways. I hope soon you meet someone who is. As for her I also believe karma will come around and bite her in the..............

pinkster73
11-10-11, 07:09 PM
People like her are not good enough for you anyways. I hope soon you meet someone who is. As for her I also believe karma will come around and bite her in the..............

Peacock? Tee hee

sterlingempire
11-10-11, 07:16 PM
Peacock? Tee hee

HAHAHAHA!!!! :) :D :) :D :) lol!!!!!!

sterlingempire
11-10-11, 07:17 PM
uh-oh.... :p

http://i41.tinypic.com/24zvf3t.png

kooky panda
11-10-11, 07:24 PM
Here is a new Fish for RS... My question?? What is it???
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/fish.jpg

pinkster73
11-10-11, 07:27 PM
Here is a new Fish for RS... My question?? What is it???
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/fish.jpg

It's Predator!!! Quick!!!! GET TO THE CHOPPAAAAA

madaxman
11-13-11, 09:49 AM

Have a look here then: pink-car-rally (http://www.pink-car-rally.com/). There's a picture of me there somewhere, possibly on the facebook pages? not that it will help you as I'm not identified as a mad axman!

pinkster73
11-13-11, 09:54 AM
I can see you!!!!

http://i39.tinypic.com/zje64h.jpg

madaxman
11-13-11, 03:40 PM
I can see you!!!!

Yeah, so can I! Actually, I'm the one in the pink shirt (lol!) standing (or rather jumping) at the back next to someone who is quite inappropriately dressed in blue! My car is some way behind.

pinkster73
11-13-11, 03:46 PM
Yeah, so can I! Actually, I'm the one in the pink shirt (lol!) standing (or rather jumping) at the back next to someone who is quite inappropriately dressed in blue! My car is some way behind.

Now can really see you!

pinkster73
11-13-11, 03:46 PM
Edit: I can.

pinkster73
11-15-11, 07:17 PM
Here's what happened ridiculous today: my indoor cat who didn't get the memo that she's an indoor cat (I adopted her a year ago) took off out my door and down the street today and I had to chase her down in the snow flurries with no shoes and socks on. She only has one ear because her previous (very bad) owners would lock her outside and she almost froze to death. She was seized by by-law officials and I adopted her and fixed her up but her ear died and fell off due to SEVERE FROSTBITE. And she still wants out. Ok I'm done my vent now :)

kooky panda
11-15-11, 09:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgDJCllJQhQ&feature=related

pinkster73
11-15-11, 10:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJBjTIKG26U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

pinkster73
11-15-11, 10:54 PM
Google the word "askew" and see what happens

sourlicorice2
11-16-11, 07:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgDJCllJQhQ&feature=related

Lol it's ridiculous how a silly video like that can actually make you laugh. :-D

sourlicorice2
11-16-11, 07:44 AM
Google the word "askew" and see what happens

Googled it but I guess I missed something. What was supposed to happen. Different sights came up with the word askew in them. I'm afraid I don't get it.

pinkster73
11-16-11, 08:15 AM
Googled it but I guess I missed something. What was supposed to happen. Different sights came up with the word askew in them. I'm afraid I don't get it.

You have to do it from a smart phone I think. Try it

casadolce
11-16-11, 09:46 AM
Google "do a barrel roll"

pinkster73
11-16-11, 10:16 AM
Google "do a barrel roll"

Aww it didn't do it, but I know what its supposed to do. Did you Google askew?

casadolce
11-16-11, 01:12 PM
Aww it didn't do it, but I know what its supposed to do. Did you Google askew?

It did what it was told to do.

Did you try Googling "tilt"?

pinkster73
11-16-11, 01:15 PM
It did what it was told to do.

Did you try Googling "tilt"?

I did. The tilt page is also askew ha ha

sterlingempire
11-16-11, 02:16 PM
What is ridiculous is that a forum game is locked after 50 pages.

nmishii
11-16-11, 09:13 PM
What is ridiculous is that a forum game is locked after 50 pages.

A poll on locking forum games after 50 pages is locked in less than 13 hrs.

Hopefully something good will come out of the poll.

sourlicorice2
11-16-11, 09:45 PM
P4060055

Just a test. Not sure it'll work.

nmishii
11-16-11, 09:47 PM
P4060055

Click the "Go Advanced" button and then "Preview Post"

sourlicorice2
11-16-11, 09:47 PM
P4060055

nope didn't work nevermind. It was a picture for this thread but havent posted pics before. I'll start a new thread to try to figure out how to do it (Ive seen the thread on how to post pictures but still couldn't figure it out) some other day before trying to post a picture on another thread.

casadolce
11-16-11, 09:51 PM
You cannot upload a picture directly from your computer. It has to be somewhere on the Internet.

kooky panda
11-16-11, 09:53 PM
If you have a picture saved on your computer. go to www.tinypic.com (http://www.tinypic.com) then you browse for your saved photo. also you can resize picture. hit upload.
Then you will have links. pick the one: img copy it then come here and post the link and your picture should post.

nmishii
11-16-11, 09:54 PM
You cannot upload a picture directly from your computer. It has to be somewhere on the Internet.

If its small enough in size you can upload from your computer. Here's the one I just posted from my computer a few minutes ago:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18486-Suggest-Bakery-Story-Holiday-Items&p=171927#post171927

But please don't think my android holiday bakery suggestion is ridiculous.

casadolce
11-16-11, 09:59 PM
If its small enough in size you can upload from your computer. Here's the one I just posted from my computer a few minutes ago:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18486-Suggest-Bakery-Story-Holiday-Items&p=171927#post171927

Oh, I didn't know that! Sorry, didn't mean to misinform...

BTW, your Android gingerbread is cute :)

nmishii
11-16-11, 09:59 PM

I did not go to tinypic to upload the picture in the thread above. I clicked on the image icon, and it asked me if I wanted add an image from my computer or URL. I selected computer, clicked the Select Files button, then browsed for and opened my picture. Then selected Upload Files, and see the results below. It has to be small in size.

pinkster73
11-16-11, 10:13 PM

As the starter of this thread I declare that derailing is totally allowed. The title should actually be "The Whatever Thread"

http://i42.tinypic.com/fnu71e.jpg

sourlicorice2
11-17-11, 03:52 AM
Thx I'll try it on the weekend but I'll start a new thread to practice first as I don't want to waste pages on another thread cause of the 50 page limit. I want to learn so I can post pics and so I can enter pics of my own games in contests without having to ask my wonderful nbrs to do it for me.

kooky panda
11-17-11, 05:52 AM
Thx I'll try it on the weekend but I'll start a new thread to practice first as I don't want to waste pages on another thread cause of the 50 page limit. I want to learn so I can post pics and so I can enter pics of my own games in contests without having to ask my wonderful nbrs to do it for me.
You can also practice in your Pm box. send a private message to yourself practicing sending photos. ( I did this when I was learning how to post videos)

Rachael98
11-17-11, 08:45 AM
You can also practice in your Pm box. send a private message to yourself practicing sending photos. ( I did this when I was learning how to post videos)

You can also "preview" your Post/PM by clicking "Go Advanced"->"Preview Post":).

pinkster73
11-17-11, 08:49 AM
The title of this thread will now be: The Whatever Thread. Please stay on topic :p

sourlicorice2
11-17-11, 09:20 AM
The title of this thread will now be: The Whatever Thread. Please stay on topic :p

Lol you always make me laugh...wait am I still on topic ;-)

pinkster73
11-17-11, 09:22 AM
Lol you always make me laugh...wait am I still on topic ;-)

Yes! You are! Good job

pinkster73
11-17-11, 09:36 AM
Here is one of the squirrels I can hand feed:

http://i39.tinypic.com/50llb6.jpg

Rachael98
11-17-11, 10:38 AM
Here is one of the squirrels I can hand feed:

http://i39.tinypic.com/50llb6.jpg

I have a vid of one I did-just no picture, and I don't have a video uploader:(.
But there are loads round here.

pinkster73
11-17-11, 11:04 AM
There's about 6 that I can hand feed. That's what happens when it takes a year and a half for neurosurgery.

pinkster73
11-17-11, 06:57 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/53pthg.jpg

sourlicorice2
11-18-11, 09:04 AM
The turtle may not be angry but I am lol. Just got an email from work saying not to make any plans for Xmas. I'm in Thailand and their have been bad floods still going on. Anyways are school opened two weeks late. I've only got 20 out 40 students in grade 3 and about the same in grade 2. Anyways back to the point. It said it may consider canceling our holidays from Dec 26th to 30th to make up some time and if we don't work that week we won't be paid for it (looks like they'll be punishing myself and other teachers for something that's not our fault. We don't control mother nature). My cousins are coming from Canada to a visit and my fathers already booked and put a deposit down for a hotel, and same for a private boat tour. Ive paid for the airplane ticket already. I'm not working that week and if they don't pay me I'll be looking for a new job. They won't extend the school year cause they said the ministry of education won't allow it which is a bunch of doo doo as my moms school is extending the school year. It's not for sure but if it happens I'll be updating my resume. I've spent tons of my own money on things for the classroom without asking for reimbursement and they know that. All I can say is if they do this they are either gonna have to pay me or find a new teacher which is practally impossible right now cause of the floods. They haven't fired another teacher who is constantly pulling a no show cause they can't find anyone to replace him. We have already giving them other solutions which make sense i.e. extending the school year, shortening class periods by five minutes to create another period each day even teaching on Saturdays (not a big fan of that one but better than Xmas break) but no they have to consider the dumb idea. Grrrrr growl hiss.

casadolce
11-18-11, 09:43 AM
@ sourlicorice2: That's ridiculous! You go get them girl!!

pinkster73
11-18-11, 11:28 AM
The turtle may not be angry but I am lol. Just got an email from work saying not to make any plans for Xmas. I'm in Thailand and their have been bad floods still going on. Anyways are school opened two weeks late. I've only got 20 out 40 students in grade 3 and about the same in grade 2. Anyways back to the point. It said it may consider canceling our holidays from Dec 26th to 30th to make up some time and if we don't work that week we won't be paid for it (looks like they'll be punishing myself and other teachers for something that's not our fault. We don't control mother nature). My cousins are coming from Canada to a visit and my fathers already booked and put a deposit down for a hotel, and same for a private boat tour. Ive paid for the airplane ticket already. I'm not working that week and if they don't pay me I'll be looking for a new job. They won't extend the school year cause they said the ministry of education won't allow it which is a bunch of doo doo as my moms school is extending the school year. It's not for sure but if it happens I'll be updating my resume. I've spent tons of my own money on things for the classroom without asking for reimbursement and they know that. All I can say is if they do this they are either gonna have to pay me or find a new teacher which is practally impossible right now cause of the floods. They haven't fired another teacher who is constantly pulling a no show cause they can't find anyone to replace him. We have already giving them other solutions which make sense i.e. extending the school year, shortening class periods by five minutes to create another period each day even teaching on Saturdays (not a big fan of that one but better than Xmas break) but no they have to consider the dumb idea. Grrrrr growl hiss.

That's harsh. Tell them clearly and politely you WILL be taking your holidays that week, and they WILL pay you for it, or they WILL need a replacement.

nmishii
11-18-11, 11:49 AM

I don't know much about the Thai culture, but is this acceptable with the other teachers and parents? Don't other teachers already have holiday plans? And won't a lot of kids miss school because their parents already have holiday plans? Its not mandatory, if your mother's school isn't doing this. Maybe more of you can get together and fight this.

pinkster73
11-18-11, 07:33 PM
Courtesy of my son, (my best farm neighbor ever!):

http://i39.tinypic.com/x6bg9.jpg

pinkster73
11-18-11, 08:10 PM
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/PicsArt_1321671327891.png

kooky panda
11-18-11, 09:08 PM
Pinkster that photo is just NUTS lol

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/squirrel-1.jpg

pinkster73
11-18-11, 09:41 PM
That's hilarious!

sourlicorice2
11-18-11, 09:51 PM
I don't know much about the Thai culture, but is this acceptable with the other teachers and parents? Don't other teachers already have holiday plans? And won't a lot of kids miss school because their parents already have holiday plans? Its not mandatory, if your mother's school isn't doing this. Maybe more of you can get together and fight this.

Thais are Buddhist so they don't really celebrate it. I'm sure come Monday we'll rally together. The email was just sent out last night (Friday). And it isn't a sure thing yet, so I'll just have to be polite and say if this option is chosen than im afraid I'll have to give my one month notice. Finding another job here won't be difficult, a pain as I hate interviews, but not difficult.

Wilbursworld
11-18-11, 11:10 PM
LOL the animal pics are too funny. Shared them with the family and had a great time laughing, thanks for sharing��

sourlicorice2
11-19-11, 12:33 AM
Thais are Buddhist so they don't really celebrate it. I'm sure come Monday we'll rally together. The email was just sent out last night (Friday). And it isn't a sure thing yet, so I'll just have to be polite and say if this option is chosen than im afraid I'll have to give my one month notice. Finding another job here won't be difficult, a pain as I hate interviews, but not difficult.

Man the head of English department works fast. Just got an email from him saying they aren't considering taking the Xmas break away now and that they are going to extend the school year instead and possibly have kids come in on Saturdays (Saturdays is not for sure yet). Thank goodness for that. I dont want to work Saturdays but will if need be. I may have a shorter break at the end of the school year but that's ok I can live with that.

I just love the animal pictures to.

nmishii
11-19-11, 01:02 AM
Man the head of English department works fast. Just got an email from him saying they aren't considering taking the Xmas break away now and that they are going to extend the school year instead and possibly have kids come in on Saturdays (Saturdays is not for sure yet). Thank goodness for that. I dont want to work Saturdays but will if need be. I may have a shorter break at the end of the school year but that's ok I can live with that.

I just love the animal pictures to.

This is good news. It good to know you can enjoy your holiday break.

nmishii
11-19-11, 01:52 AM
lol pinkster!!!

So here are 3 faces of GM posted in the last few weeks. Any others?

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/PicsArt_1321671327891.png

http://i41.tinypic.com/33op3z8.jpg

http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/089/665/original/tumblr_l96b01l36p1qdhmifo1_500.jpg

sourlicorice2
11-19-11, 05:14 AM
Lol I love the bird. It's cute and funny.

pinkster73
11-19-11, 10:59 AM
Lol I love the bird. It's cute and funny.

That's the face I imagine GM making when we bring up android parity issues ha ha

nmishii
11-19-11, 11:42 AM
The last image is the one GM picked of himself.

pinkster73
11-21-11, 08:53 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/jfixjm.jpg

pinkster73
11-22-11, 07:02 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/25s7xwz.jpg

ilovecooper14
11-22-11, 07:03 PM
Haha I like those ^^ they made me smile :D

pinkster73
11-27-11, 03:18 PM
Some people are just so judgmental and ignorant without knowing the facts. Ahhhh!!!!! That's the experience of my weekend

ilovecooper14
11-27-11, 03:29 PM
Lol, I have many ridiculous black Friday stories. This weekend was crazy for us in the USA :)

kooky panda
11-27-11, 03:36 PM
I am at home this weekend online and watching the home shopping networks shopping for christmas presents. How come after all weekend the only items I have bought are for myself???
I have around 20 presents to buy for others and so far I still have 20 left...lol

pinkster73
11-27-11, 03:44 PM
I am at home this weekend online and watching the home shopping networks shopping for christmas presents. How come after all weekend the only items I have bought are for myself???
I have around 20 presents to buy for others and so far I still have 20 left...lol

Tee hee sometimes when I Christmas shop I get the present then one for me too ha ha

kooky panda
11-27-11, 03:49 PM
Oh yes I also will go buy then get home and decide to keep it so I have to go find that person something else!!! I am BAD...

I just got some Jeggings today.

so what is the difference between Jeggings and Leggings???

Rachael98
11-27-11, 03:50 PM
Oh yes I also will go buy then get home and decide to keep it so I have to go find that person something else!!! I am BAD...

Just buy them chocolates. You wouldn't want to keep them would you:p?

kooky panda
11-27-11, 03:58 PM
Just buy them chocolates. You wouldn't want to keep them would you:p?
chocolates would not even make it home!!!

Rachael98
11-27-11, 04:01 PM
chocolates would not even make it home!!!

They might not even make it out the shop with me. The only thing they'd make it out of is the wrapper:D. But we have Cadbury's...you don't. Unlucky for you-Cadbury's is da best:p!

pinkster73
11-27-11, 04:16 PM

I have been informed my my daughter that Jeggings are leggings that look like jeans so you can wear impossibly tight "jeans"

pinkster73
11-27-11, 04:16 PM
Edit: by my daughter

Rachael98
11-27-11, 04:19 PM
OT: I want a signature:mad:

ilovecooper14
11-27-11, 04:25 PM
I have been informed my my daughter that Jeggings are leggings that look like jeans so you can wear impossibly tight "jeans"
Lol. Wow :rolleyes: my little cousin loves her skinny jeans ;)

pinkster73
11-27-11, 04:28 PM
Lol. Wow :rolleyes: my little cousin loves her skinny jeans ;)

I can wear my daughters skinny jeans ha ha. But then I also have to show Id to go anywhere and I'm 35

shakiba
11-27-11, 06:11 PM
I can wear my daughters skinny jeans ha ha. But then I also have to show Id to go anywhere and I'm 35

Now thats ridiculous! :)
Go skinny jeans... oh wait Im wearing them right now xD

nmishii
11-27-11, 09:28 PM
Here's something for your Christmas Wish List. For those on a budget, there are 4 less expensive models.

http://stuarthughes.com/newdawn/product_info.php?products_id=108

iPad 2 Gold History Edition

Uniquely designed and crafted by Stuart Hughes

Undoubtably the world’s most unique gadget is the Ipad 2 Gold History Edition. Encrusted with 12.5 cts of ‘I'F' Flawless diamonds, a magnificent total of 53 individually set sparkling gems dwell beautifully in solid 24ct Apple logo with rear section formed again in 24ct gold weighing an immense 2,000 grams. The unrivalled imagination towards the craftmanship of the iapd is down to its main front frame which is made from the oldest rock the world has to offer in the form of Ammolite , sourced from Canada this stone is over 75 million years old. However to make this masterpiece even more individual, sections of a 65 million year old T-REX Dinosaur’s thigh bone was splintered and then shaved into the Ammolite , then finished off with ultimate jewel , as single cut 8.5ct flawless diamond inlaid in its own platinum surround with 12 outer flawless diamonds. A magnificent combination of top of the industry technology and unique thought were involved in creating this piece of History !. Material spec, 16.5 ct diamonds & 8.5ct single diamond, 57 grams of T-REX bone, 750 grams of Ammolite stone and 2000 grams of solid 24ct Gold. This item is of a limited edition of only 2 units to be made. You can also find other variations of this at www.goldstriker.co.uk (http://www.goldstriker.co.uk/shop/index.php)
Price - ?5,000,000.00

nmishii
11-27-11, 09:29 PM
The ? is a British Pound sign that didn't paste right. The magazine I saw this in listed the US price as $8.13M.

143Blue
11-27-11, 09:43 PM
parents can tlk for so long.... ugh lol our guest have been over here for 3 hours and they keep on yappping n yapping.... wow lol anyone elses parents tlk really long like mine?

pinkster73
11-27-11, 09:52 PM
The ? is a British Pound sign that didn't paste right. The magazine I saw this in listed the US price as $8.13M.

Umm holy []! Well I might be in Britain in 3 weeks. But for WAY cheaper

redbites
11-27-11, 10:19 PM
parents can tlk for so long.... ugh lol our guest have been over here for 3 hours and they keep on yappping n yapping.... wow lol anyone elses parents tlk really long like mine?
Mine talk for ages as well, especially when they know I want to say something

ilovecooper14
11-28-11, 11:04 AM
http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/Sylvier1/378f850f.jpg
:););););):D

felicitybliss
11-28-11, 11:10 AM
They might not even make it out the shop with me. The only thing they'd make it out of is the wrapper:D. But we have Cadbury's...you don't. Unlucky for you-Cadbury's is da best:p!
We have Cadbury in USA. There is a larger selection in UK though. I pick those up when I travel through UK. :). Quite yummy!

nmishii
11-28-11, 01:23 PM
We have Cadbury in USA. There is a larger selection in UK though. I pick those up when I travel through UK. :). Quite yummy!

Yes, they're in local stores. Along with other imported chocolates. There's also British food stores with more selection, but not worth making the special trip 15+ miles out to the store from where I live.

shakiba
11-28-11, 04:14 PM

I have no idea! Anyone can answer kooky's question?? Im curious too...

Rachael98
11-28-11, 04:17 PM

I'll ask my sister tomorrow.

Do you guys have Cadbury Dream?

nmishii
11-28-11, 04:18 PM

Post 223..............

felicitybliss
11-28-11, 04:41 PM
Do you guys have Cadbury Dream?. Not in my local area--if I am thinking correctly..Ill look when I go to store

redbites
11-28-11, 04:54 PM
Cadbury dream is the best tasting chocolate ever!!! Especially the white chocolate version. It's too bad they aren't sold in america but when I go back to Australia I am going to have a very big feast

Rachael98
11-28-11, 05:00 PM
Cadbury dream is the best tasting chocolate ever!!! Especially the white chocolate version. It's too bad they aren't sold in america but when I go back to Australia I am going to have a very big feast

Cadbury Dream is the White chocolate:rolleyes:...lol:p

redbites
11-28-11, 05:04 PM
Cadbury Dream is the White chocolate:rolleyes:...lol:p
What about the brown and white chocolate double decker version?

nmishii
11-28-11, 06:26 PM

With a quick search I can find it sold in 2 places (when not sold out) that are near where I live. Can also mail order. If I spend some more time might find a closer place. Probably a lot more expensive than what you're used to paying. Amazon.com also sells it.

You might be able to find a shop near where you are that sells what you want.

http://www.melandrose.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=110553&csurl=%2Fistar%2Easp%3Fa%3D3%26dept%3D7%26sortby%3 D%26numperpage%3D100%26pos%3D600%26&pers=&err=This+item+is+unavailable+for+purchase+at+this+ time%2E

http://www.britishfoodshop.com/cadbury-chocolates.asp

pinkster73
11-28-11, 06:46 PM
This is making me need some chocolate

felicitybliss
11-29-11, 01:14 AM
Cadbury is sold in USA using Hershey chocolate ;). Hershey has licensing here. Truthfully, the UK Cadbury and US Cadbury are quite similar in taste. The packaging looks different though.

felicitybliss
11-29-11, 01:17 AM
My favorite chocolate is Sarris dark chocolate peanut butter meltaways--simply to die for :)

sourlicorice2
11-29-11, 08:33 AM
Here's something for your Christmas Wish List. For those on a budget, there are 4 less expensive models.

http://stuarthughes.com/newdawn/product_info.php?products_id=108

iPad 2 Gold History Edition

Uniquely designed and crafted by Stuart Hughes

Undoubtably the world’s most unique gadget is the Ipad 2 Gold History Edition. Encrusted with 12.5 cts of ‘I'F' Flawless diamonds, a magnificent total of 53 individually set sparkling gems dwell beautifully in solid 24ct Apple logo with rear section formed again in 24ct gold weighing an immense 2,000 grams. The unrivalled imagination towards the craftmanship of the iapd is down to its main front frame which is made from the oldest rock the world has to offer in the form of Ammolite , sourced from Canada this stone is over 75 million years old. However to make this masterpiece even more individual, sections of a 65 million year old T-REX Dinosaur’s thigh bone was splintered and then shaved into the Ammolite , then finished off with ultimate jewel , as single cut 8.5ct flawless diamond inlaid in its own platinum surround with 12 outer flawless diamonds. A magnificent combination of top of the industry technology and unique thought were involved in creating this piece of History !. Material spec, 16.5 ct diamonds & 8.5ct single diamond, 57 grams of T-REX bone, 750 grams of Ammolite stone and 2000 grams of solid 24ct Gold. This item is of a limited edition of only 2 units to be made. You can also find other variations of this at www.goldstriker.co.uk (http://www.goldstriker.co.uk/shop/index.php)
Price - ?5,000,000.00

Oh how I wish I was rich. I'd love to have a limited edition like that.

pinkster73
11-29-11, 08:46 AM
Oh how I wish I was rich. I'd love to have a limited edition like that.

Not me. What if it got dropped in the toilet or something?

kooky panda
11-29-11, 11:15 AM
Not me. What if it got dropped in the toilet or something?

Maybe when you buy it, they offer insurance for say $500,000.00 then you could feel safe:D.