PDA

View Full Version : Where's the 40% off sale?

glittergirly1
10-31-11, 01:03 AM
Did the 40% off sale turn into 20%?

I've been waiting for the 40% off sale that we were supposed to get before Halloween.

Today is Halloween, and all I'm only being offered 20%.

DerGelbeKaiser
10-31-11, 02:54 AM
Well, why should they do a 40% off sale when people buy the stuff for the reguar price?
I'm actually hoping it won't come so I'm not tempted to spend any money.

glittergirly1
10-31-11, 03:01 AM
Well I know alot of people who can't afford to buy the gens at regular price that have been waiting for this 40% off thing to happen. Myself for one!

A mod posted a week or two ago to expect a 40% off gem sale before Halloween.

expressW
10-31-11, 03:50 AM

Really? A mod said that?? That's brave of her/him...
I don't think they will hv any more 40% off sales anymore... enough ppl are probably buying them regularly or at 20% off. Also, too many 40% sales devalues the gems and ppl won't buy normally or at the 20% off sales.
At this point, ppl will probably give up waiting and just buy at any sale.

Hope I'm wrong though, I would like a 40% off sale!!

kooky panda
10-31-11, 05:06 AM
Well I know alot of people who can't afford to buy the gens at regular price that have been waiting for this 40% off thing to happen. Myself for one!

I must of missed that post, player mods are not given any advance information of offers that will be coming to the game.

glittergirly1
10-31-11, 06:05 AM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?19110-The-Great-Farm-Update-Date-October-21!

Maybe I wasn't a mod. Maybe I misunderstood this post.

glittergirly1
10-31-11, 06:07 AM
Maybe it wasn't a mod* is what I meant to say

MiniLaura
10-31-11, 06:56 AM
Bawpotter was simply speculating on what might show up in the update. Not all speculation comes true. For example, we didn't get a new crop either.

pinkster73
10-31-11, 07:18 AM
No he's not a mod. And he was saying what he hopes will come. I would love a 40% sale myself

glittergirly1
11-02-11, 09:11 PM
No he's not a mod. And he was saying what he hopes will come. I would love a 40% sale myself
Ok my mistake then. I guess I got confused because the way the thread was wrote. I feel retarded now..lol

kooky panda
11-02-11, 09:21 PM
Ok my mistake then. I guess I got confused because the way the thread was wrote. I feel retarded now..lol

Oh do not feel that way... The other day I got two bug issue threads mixed up and a member had to tell me!!! happens to all of us.

I also really miss the 40% sales. I really do hope they bring them back before christmas!!:D

pinkster73
11-02-11, 09:37 PM

I do silly things all the time. When it happens I just say I'm "really really good looking"

divaxchange
11-11-11, 11:14 AM
I got a 40% off offer popup yesterday while I was visiting neighbors and immediately clicked to buy, but it shut down the game and was not there when I reopened it. A big mistake I am guessing, very disappointing. I have never bought gems in farm story, I am waiting for the 40% off sale. Well......back to waiting

gabo84
11-17-11, 11:00 AM

still waiting for the 40% off... sigh

yanochka
11-17-11, 11:16 AM
I got a 40% off offer popup yesterday while I was visiting neighbors and immediately clicked to buy, but it shut down the game and was not there when I reopened it. A big mistake I am guessing, very disappointing. I have never bought gems in farm story, I am waiting for the 40% off sale. Well......back to waiting

There is a bug in Farm Story where a 40% off offer pops up while you are in the process of taking a picture of the farm. I've reported this to Team Lava several times in the past.

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/yana_ma/40percent.jpg

It is very frustrating to see this :-) and then realize the offer is not real.

ilovecooper14
11-17-11, 11:22 AM
There is a bug in Farm Story where a 40% off offer pops up while you are in the process of taking a picture of the farm. I've reported this to Team Lava several times in the past.

I hate when this happens, lol

pinkster73
11-17-11, 11:23 AM

False advertising.

GroupMagma
11-17-11, 11:29 AM
That's very strange. If this was reported to me earlier, I probably missed it (sorry!).
I'll if this can be fixed.

yanochka
11-17-11, 11:33 AM
I've reported this to support :-)

GroupMagma
11-17-11, 11:40 AM
Sorry it hasn't gotten addressed. Do you have any more info on this? For example:

When in the picture-taking process does this occur?
How long has this been happening (approximately)?
Is this still occurring regularly? If so, what Version of the game are you on? (you can check this from the Help/FAQ menu)
What device are you on?
What OS version (iOS 5.0.1, Android 2.3.3, etc.) are you running?

All the info you can provide will help loads in getting this reproduced on our end, then fixed. :)

GroupMagma
11-17-11, 11:44 AM
I do silly things all the time. When it happens I just say I'm "really really good looking"

That's what I said the last time I was caught in a freak gasoline-fight accident (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0196229/).

yanochka
11-17-11, 11:53 AM
The first time I reported this to support and provided screenshot was on 6/20/11.

The popup happens while in the photo taking mode and I am trying to resize the shot (either zooming in or zooming out). It doesn't happen every time though, but it is frequent enough. I update my game as soon as update is available, so it happened through several versions of the game. Currently I am on iPhone 4s, iOS 5.1, farm story 1.8.2 (prior to this phone I was on iPhone 3GS and I did iOS updates regularly as well).

Now that I am thinking about it...I don't think I ever seen this on my iPad.

GroupMagma
11-17-11, 11:54 AM
OK, we've reproduced the cause. Unfortunately, it's not something we can fix server-side, but it will be fixed in the next iOS download. The problem does not seem to appear in Android.

pinkster73
11-17-11, 12:27 PM
OK, we've reproduced the cause. Unfortunately, it's not something we can fix server-side, but it will be fixed in the next iOS download. The problem does not seem to appear in Android.

Well this is not fair. Android want the same glitches too. Oh wait.... Nevermind :)

myweedpatch
11-17-11, 03:13 PM
Yeah, I noticed this too. I guess TL knows we will buy even without a sale. Stingy, I say! Ive only seen 20% off and to me, thats a bit selfish of TL. Bring back the 40% off once in a while. C'mon, its a virtual game anyway. We dont actually own anything...so why be so greedy with the sales?

myweedpatch
11-17-11, 03:18 PM
And I also saw the strange 40% off offer once, when I selected to buy from that offer, it disappeared and I got no gems, but I also was not charged for it. Im on iphone 4. Anyway, It kinda stinks that I havent seen a 40% offer for over a month! Stingy TL, very stingy. Its not like your giving away anything of any real value, or even REAL, its all virtual, we own nothing really. And c'mon, who pays $300-$500 on a game anyway? You guys have got to come up with a way for us to convert the coins to gems. I have an aquarium game that charged me a one time fee of $3 to be able to do this. Thats what TL should do, or soon, they will start losing their customers. The more bad reviews they get, and that will happen...Ive seen a few already in trade mags....they will lose their business.