PDA

View Full Version : Spending gems

legobil
10-30-11, 08:12 AM
I absolutely hate how easy it is to mis-spend gems.. One example is when throwing away spoiled food and instead misclicking restore, I mean who in the world would want to spend 5 gems to restore one spoiled batch? In particular on a chicken salad that only took 30 min to cook. Incredibly frustrating! I would like to see a conformation window on all my gem purchaces. Now I understand that there are ppl who buy their gems and spend on decorations and might not like the idea, but I'm not like that. My gems are hard earned through mastery etc so an option among the settings would be nice that restricts me from making bad purchaces.

quentinsmommy
11-01-11, 01:09 PM
You're lucky lol. I blew 10 gems when I mis-tapped one of the ugly orange counters while getting my mahogany ones out of storage. Arrrggghhh!!! I mastered so much food over a few months to earn them since I cannot afford them. :(

Rachael98
11-01-11, 01:43 PM
I personally do not want a confirm purchase button as it would get in the way. For example, if you wanted to replant a fully-expanded, all crop-land Farm with gem flowers it would take ages!
In my opinion, there should be an On-Off button in settings, like Apple in-app purchase restrictions.

charmmyvee
11-01-11, 01:50 PM
I would like a confirm button as I have accidentally spent gems also. I buy them sometimes, but I'm still very careful about how I spend them, and it's very frustrating when the game lags, finger slips.. Bye bye 15 gems.. lol.

nmishii
11-01-11, 02:05 PM
I'm not picky on the implementation, but I would like some way to better prevent people from accidently wasting gems. If a confirmation button, it need not be an all item implementation, but only where it makes sense. Boxes, extra slots, and other big ticket items need a method of prevention where repetitive actions such as planting small and ugly gem flowers and buying gem floor tiles do not, at least not for the second and subsequent purchases.

Rachael98
11-01-11, 02:17 PM
I'm not picky on the implementation, but I would like some way to better prevent people from accidently wasting gems. If a confirmation button, it need not be an all item implementation, but only where it makes sense. Boxes, extra slots, and other big ticket items need a method of prevention where repetitive actions such as planting small and ugly gem flowers and buying gem floor tiles do not, at least not for the second and subsequent purchases.

Yes, I agree. However, surely a blanket On-Off would be easier and less confusing?

charmmyvee
11-01-11, 02:37 PM
I personally do not want a confirm purchase button as it would get in the way. For example, if you wanted to replant a fully-expanded, all crop-land Farm with gem flowers it would take ages!
In my opinion, there should be an On-Off button in settings, like Apple in-app purchase restrictions.

I personally hate the fact that some of the plantable items in FS costs gems. The majority of players are not going to spend the amout of money it would take to plant those enough times to master them. But yes, it would be better for an on/off switch that would accommodate everyone. But if they did a confirm button I think more people would be happy with it than not.

Rachael98
11-01-11, 02:41 PM
I personally hate the fact that some of the plantable items in FS costs gems. The majority of players are not going to spend the amout of money it would take to plant those enough times to master them. But yes, it would be better for an on/off switch that would accommodate everyone. But if they did a confirm button I think more people would be happy with it than not.

Ahuh. But who would possibly be a bit annoyed? People who spend a lot of gems. Eg. the customers who spend most. On-Off works for everyone.

barleycoon
11-01-11, 03:09 PM

Very good point, this would work so much better and hopefully appeal to everyone.

charmmyvee
11-01-11, 03:51 PM
Ahuh. But who would possibly be a bit annoyed? People who spend a lot of gems. Eg. the customers who spend most. On-Off works for everyone.

Yes, I agree. I'm just saying, it's more frustrating to spend a large amount of gems accidentally than have to push confirm over and over again. I just think a confirm button would probably be easier for them to implement. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. lol. I just don't really see them putting an on/off switch, as nice as that would be. I would be okay with just the more expensive purchases have a confirmation button, like 5 gems and up. But not everyone would agree with that either. lol

Rachael98
11-01-11, 03:54 PM
Yes, I agree. I'm just saying, it's more frustrating to spend a large amount of gems accidentally than have to push confirm over and over again. I just think a confirm button would probably be easier for them to implement. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. lol. I just don't really see them putting an on/off switch, as nice as that would be. I would be okay with just the more expensive purchases have a confirmation button, like 5 gems and up. But not everyone would agree with that either. lol

I know very little about game code, but I'd have have thought that an On-Off switch would be easier. Don't quote me on that though.

Going to games like RS or BS, where tables can easily cost over 5 gems per time (though I wouldn't like to have it higher), it would still have the potential to get in the way...

charmmyvee
11-01-11, 04:01 PM
I know very little about game code, but I'd have have thought that an On-Off switch would be easier. Don't quote me on that though.

Going to games like RS or BS, where tables can easily cost over 5 gems per time (though I wouldn't like to have it higher), it would still have the potential to get in the way...

Well, the reason why I said that is because they have little to no options like that. The options consist of game sounds and notifications. They haven't so far implemented anything in the way of on/off switches for things like that. While it would be nice, I just tend to doubt it. There is an 'Are you sure?' pop up for when you want to sell higher priced or gem items though.

legobil
11-01-11, 10:51 PM
While I do not play FS myself and posted this in the RS forum The discussion pretty much went as I expected and stated in my OP. Some ppl want the restriction so they not spend gems the wrong way (I'm 67 as of writing this, and I have misspent ALOT of gems in my days) I certainly see the reason why ppl would not want it. Makes me almost to the point of thinking of restarting on a new account, but then I think of all the time put into mastering dishes and I go all "uuuuh, maybe not."

legobil
11-01-11, 10:55 PM
Another solution could be a switch to lock gem purchaces altogether, until u really want to spend them, and then go and switch it off to make them available. Like having a bank safe :)

dkshop
11-03-11, 09:16 PM
I accidently spend 24 gems on a woodland box. What is that and why can't I see it anywhere? I hit the screen on accident and I know that's my bad luck but I should have something to show for it.

kooky panda
11-03-11, 09:24 PM
I accidently spend 24 gems on a woodland box. What is that and why can't I see it anywhere? I hit the screen on accident and I know that's my bad luck but I should have something to show for it.
You will receive one random item out of the box. Look in your inventory to see if you have a new item. Here is list of what comes out of the woodland box

WOODLAND BOX

COMMON (4th prize, 54%)
Woodland Arch
Toadstool

UNCOMMON (3rd prize, 35%)
Frog Log (http://i.imgur.com/4HRgP.jpg)
Royal Toadstool (purple)

RARE (2nd prize, 10%)

EXCEPTIONAL (1st prize, 1%)
Reflecting Pool (http://i.imgur.com/R5I1f.jpg)

UNKNOWN
Carved Bear (http://i.imgur.com/4HRgP.jpg)
Ice Deer Sculpture (http://i.imgur.com/AI1WO.jpg)
Squirrel Butler (http://i.imgur.com/AI1WO.jpg)
Forest Candelabra (http://i.imgur.com/4HRgP.jpg)

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18092-The-NICE-and-(MOSTLY)-ACCURATE-Resource-for-all-things-from-the-Special-Boxes&p=142158&viewfull=1#post142158

meikailani
11-06-11, 12:49 PM
I agree... should be a secondary confirmation window, because you can accidentally click on the Gems to restore on food, when gems are hard earned.

legobil
11-08-11, 06:24 PM
Wow just looking at the prizes from the woodlands box and percentage to win something rare makes me think of my tske out box that I accidentally bought for same prize that yielded me a flower panda... I mean 1% for an exceptional and it costs 24 gems?

On a side topic i also regret all those times in the beginning of My career in RS when I spent 10 gems on 10k coins every time I could, that just seem hilarious to me these days where I easily make 50-70k cash from just serving food... What a noob I was back then ^^