PDA

View Full Version : Cant use material gifts

honeybee71
10-30-11, 05:22 AM
Friends have been sending me material gifts ie bricks, wiring etc. But when i go to access these in my gifts it tells me that i cant use them. Does anyone know how to fix this.

manjax
10-30-11, 07:02 AM
You have to build things with the gifts e.g. drink machine, various grills and cookers if you click on the design button bottom left hand corner then the appliances, the info button on them normally indicates that a particular appliance will need building. If this is still as clear as mud, feel free to ask again

kooky panda
10-30-11, 07:22 AM
You will need to buy one of the constructible items, place it in your city, then click on the item and you will see a list pull of the items needed to build it. If you already have all the materials just hit the build button, if you are short any items, you can ask nbrs for the items you need.

honeybee71
10-31-11, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the responses, but I have the machines to build and I have asked neighbors for parts. My neighbors are so cool they gave me extra parts, when I go into gifts and try use those extra parts in my gifts i can't.

kooky panda
10-31-11, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the responses, but I have the machines to build and I have asked neighbors for parts. My neighbors are so cool they gave me extra parts, when I go into gifts and try use those extra parts in my gifts i can't.
You cannot use the parts directly from your gifts inventory. This is just showing you how many you have of each item.
Click on the appliance and manage it. this will pull up a list of the parts you have and the parts you need. Once you get all the parts needed your build button will lightup.
click the build button.

Also the parts showing in your inventory is for all appliances, so if you have more than one that you are building, when you click on one and build it, it will take the parts. then if you click on another one, you may then be short some parts.