PDA

View Full Version : Curse you Gems!!!

sunace211
10-29-11, 08:04 PM
I have been playing for about two months and was saving to buy a Green House with my gems. Today I hit "complete tool shed" on accident while trying to ask friends for supplies. It wasted all of my gems and now I feel I will never get the green house. Not sure I am going to play anymore as this upsets me for two main reasons!

1. I have to tap twice to plow, harvest, sell, and plant but if I accidentally hit purchase with gems there is no "are you sure" step.

2. I realize that they are trying to make money off of gems but they could at least offer a way to convert coins to gems by charging for instance a $5 fee. I think they could make more money this way. I have looked and guess that only about 5% of people pay for gems but with a one time conversion fee I feel more would pay for this feature. I know I would. Any opinions?

Rachael98
10-29-11, 08:07 PM
Oh no! Sorry to hear that.
1-Has been requested a lot!
2-I don't think it'll work...:(

pinkster73
10-29-11, 08:07 PM
There's been many many people begging for a confirmation before gems are spent. TL doesn't seem interested in doing this. I've accidently spent 88 gems by accidental tapping. I feel for you.

artlomin
10-29-11, 09:04 PM
Today my 7 year old accidentally purchased a gothic table in restaurant story. He likes the surprise boxes and was devastated because we were close to being able to get one. I inquired whether it was possible to reverse the purchase - team lava's answer - no one under 14 should be playing. Great - so yesterday when I accidentally bought two roses in farm story, do I get that back? I thought about buying gems to give him back what was lost, but why would I when it's so easy to accidentally throw them away?

Wilbursworld
10-29-11, 09:06 PM
I feel for you I did the same thing! A confirm button would be nice..

nicola_grant
10-30-11, 01:16 PM
Yup... I've done that before :(
Also accidentally bought coins with gems a few times! Doh.

Rachael98
10-30-11, 02:04 PM
Today my 7 year old accidentally purchased a gothic table in restaurant story. He likes the surprise boxes and was devastated because we were close to being able to get one. I inquired whether it was possible to reverse the purchase - team lava's answer - no one under 14 should be playing. Great - so yesterday when I accidentally bought two roses in farm story, do I get that back? I thought about buying gems to give him back what was lost, but why would I when it's so easy to accidentally throw them away?

I doubt you'd get a refund for your roses...

If you buy as you want them (eg. buy only when you're going to them spend them immediately), them that can make it harder to lose gems, or certainly harder to lose a large amount.

pinkster73
10-30-11, 02:21 PM
I doubt you'd get a refund for your roses...

If you buy as you want them (eg. buy only when you're going to them spend them immediately), them that can make it harder to lose gems, or certainly harder to lose a large amount.

This is what I do for my kids farms. I buy gems right the purchase so they don't carry more then about 20 gems at a time. That way expansions and boxes can't be accidently bought.

Rachael98
10-30-11, 02:25 PM
This is what I do for my kids farms. I buy gems right the purchase so they don't carry more then about 20 gems at a time. That way expansions and boxes can't be accidently bought.

Exactly. It works quite well, I think.

pinkster73
10-30-11, 02:26 PM
Exactly. It works quite well, I think.

It works for us. (Yes I financially support 3 farms :O)

Chocolit
10-31-11, 02:46 AM
You are not alone with these accidents. I touched the coin-gem exchange 4 times when new on the game before realising what happened. Touched the Valentine and Discovery Boxes once each when they popped out during speed planting/harvesting. Last but not least, also wasted more gems during speed planting 4 times with the silly red rose, primrose and black roses. Unlike other games from other developers, I'm certain it's TeamLava's intention that we use / spent the gems as much as possible the way they design their games. It's easier for Santa Clause to knock on your door than for TL to include the "ARE YOU SURE" STEP for gem usage. LOL Learnt to accept the game & its rules with a pinch of salt instead of get upset with these accidental gem purchase for days...weeks.....

NOIZmaker
10-31-11, 06:54 PM
All these accidental purchases just gives TL more money. Of course they're not going to fix this problem. It may be a game for us but it's a business for them.

quentinsmommy
11-01-11, 01:04 PM

Today, I accidentally bought an ugly 10 gem orange counter while getting my mahogany ones out of storage....I was so mad at myself!

arthena
11-01-11, 01:10 PM
yeah sometimes i wish gems were cheaper on fashion story. For example I was saving up for a magic box and i lost all my gems.

barleycoon
11-01-11, 01:16 PM
I'm sorry,you've lost gems.I have lost gems too at times. We do get sales on gems to,and we are able to earn free gems too,which is lovely.

3cala
11-22-11, 08:43 PM
Such a scam that there is no confirmation. I'd be much happier playing if I didn't waste gems on things I don't want so that I can afford the things I do.

jtm101
11-23-11, 05:32 AM
I discovered a way to never accidentally buy Roses for gems. Instead of opening the 'plant crops' menu by tapping the plowed land, plant crops by the Menu/Crops. This way if you do accidentally tap on a Rose it will not be planted (and you dont lose the gem) until you tell it where you want the rose to go. In my 11 months in playing FS i have yet to accidentally buy Roses (nor intentionally, until they behave like Trees i will never buy crops for gems).

I did however convert gems to coins once though. Since then i am more careful in going through those menus. Have not lost gems that way for a good 6 months now too

starstar2
11-23-11, 06:21 AM
You are not alone with these accidents. I touched the coin-gem exchange 4 times when new on the game before realising what happened. Touched the Valentine and Discovery Boxes once each when they popped out during speed planting/harvesting. Last but not least, also wasted more gems during speed planting 4 times with the silly red rose, primrose and black roses. Unlike other games from other developers, I'm certain it's TeamLava's intention that we use / spent the gems as much as possible the way they design their games. It's easier for Santa Clause to knock on your door than for TL to include the "ARE YOU SURE" STEP for gem usage. LOL Learnt to accept the game & its rules with a pinch of salt instead of get upset with these accidental gem purchase for days...weeks.....

Well said.
End of the day, is just a game.
No 1 is flawless, and so are games.
Furthermore is free at the start, thus do enjoy as it is.