PDA

View Full Version : :mad: no chefhats/mastery for cooking, ONLY for serving

caesarslaw
10-29-11, 02:53 PM
Sooo....I think I've figured out why TL users think mastery levels aren't working, and why I also thought my mastery levels weren't working.

TL stopped giving us mastery (+1 Chef Hat) for cooking - so now, we only get mastery added into the mastery bar ONLY when we serve something. I am so annoyed and frustrated ...TL must really want for us not to get any gems. They're making everything so difficult, no collectibles to get gems, and no mastery to get gems - would take us a longer time. This game is less and less enjoyable, and TL is so stringy.

Yarox
10-29-11, 03:41 PM
I'm getting this also but only on bakery.
Is this a bug or is this a new change?
I would like to know cause getting mastery takes tooo long now.

Started cooking the new macroons on 10 ovens, and when I was done the bar did not move one inch :(

Rachael98
10-29-11, 03:51 PM
Are you being awarded more afterwards?

kooky panda
10-29-11, 04:00 PM
There are two issues going on right now. There is a current issue with the mastery bar not moving at all. This has been reported.
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?19282-mastery-levels-not-loading&p=162439&viewfull=1#post162439

Also it is a new feature that you no longer get part of your Xps when preparing the food. All of your xps are given after the food is completed and served.
Your xps at the end should match to xp shown for each food.

Yea, I've noticed that too, for the past 2 or 3 days I've been getting mastery hats only at the end of cooking, 6 when serving, not like before 1 for every tap. Is that new feature or just a bug????

New feature

Yarox
10-29-11, 04:14 PM
Are you being awarded more afterwards?

Yes I get the mastery chef hats when I serve the food :)

There are two issues going on right now. There is a current issue with the mastery bar not moving at all. This has been reported.
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?19282-mastery-levels-not-loading&p=162439&viewfull=1#post162439

Also it is a new feature that you no longer get part of your Xps when preparing the food. All of your xps are given after the food is completed and served.
Your xps at the end should match to xp shown for each food.

Oh so this is no bug? this is the way its gonna be now? only mastery points when serving the food and not when preparing?
Not very happy with this new change, but its good to know, thx kooky

nmishii
10-29-11, 04:28 PM
When I started baking candy corn macaroons, the mastery bar did not move.

When I served the macaroons, the bar moved. I achieved L1 and when eyeballing the bar, it appears to be where it should be on the L2 bar.

Normally when I start to bake my second batch, I get to L2, but not this time. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get to L2.

This is a new feature as GM pointed out, and as long as I can achieve mastery at the same time I used to, or even slightly later, I can't complain.

caesarslaw
10-29-11, 05:33 PM
i think we're in negative chef hats because for my foods it appears that I get the same when serving (but zero for cooking).

Here is why we should care and this annoys the hell out of me. So when I was almost close to finishing mastery level 4, I'd start cooking the recipe, and after that one chef hat I'd get for the first tapping, I'd get the gem, and then I'd tap again to complete the recipe - at this point, I completed mastery for the food, and do not want to waste time waiting for a recipe I already mastered, so I would tap the oven, cancel the dish, and restart a new one. So NOW...I have to wait for this stupid dish to cook and serve, for six hats, when in fact all I need is one. Uggggghhh

pastrychef17
10-29-11, 06:08 PM
Mine is working for the candy corn macaroons when I serve the food, not when I cook it so that alleviates my concerns from yesterday. I can see how the change could be annoying if you only needed 1 more chef hat (cooking) to complete mastery 4 but I can also understand why TL would make the change. People can "game" the game by starting cooking then canceling then starting and canceling. Although it costs a lot more coins to do mastery that way, it does let a player avoid having to cook and they'd still be able to gain mastery which isn't the intent of the game. I'm okay with the change although I'm not sure I'd go so far as to call it a "feature" since features usually refers to something players asked for, wanted and enhances the game in a perceived positive light. I'll just say I'm okay with it :).

Yarox
10-29-11, 06:53 PM
i think we're in negative chef hats because for my foods it appears that I get the same when serving (but zero for cooking).

Here is why we should care and this annoys the hell out of me. So when I was almost close to finishing mastery level 4, I'd start cooking the recipe, and after that one chef hat I'd get for the first tapping, I'd get the gem, and then I'd tap again to complete the recipe - at this point, I completed mastery for the food, and do not want to waste time waiting for a recipe I already mastered, so I would tap the oven, cancel the dish, and restart a new one. So NOW...I have to wait for this stupid dish to cook and serve, for six hats, when in fact all I need is one. Uggggghhh
This is exactly what I used to do, now we cant anymore :(

nmishii
10-29-11, 07:00 PM
You used to get 3 chef hats when you started a dish, and 4 when you completed. Like pastrychef17 said, you could game it. You could master your recipe in a few minutes without completing it even once. You'll get 2 gems quickly. That's not the intent of the game and if that's what TL saw that people were doing, I'd have to agree with this change.

xSnowyOwlx
10-30-11, 05:52 PM
You used to get 3 chef hats when you started a dish, and 4 when you completed. Like pastrychef17 said, you could game it. You could master your recipe in a few minutes without completing it even once. You'll get 2 gems quickly. That's not the intent of the game and if that's what TL saw that people were doing, I'd have to agree with this change.

I don't think that's what people are taking about, the chef hats are the points TOWARDS mastery. The little +(#) chef hat that "floats" up like the XP when you cook and serve - just like with the +(#) coins and XP when collecting tips.

It isn't the actual mastery level they are referring to when they say chef hats, it's the points towards getting to the next mastery level.

putka
11-06-11, 05:25 PM
It's not really "gaming" it though. If you want to keep starting and canceling recipes to get gems, you have to spend a lot of time and coins doing that. So it's like you spent a lot of coins to buy 2 gems. It's something you can't do indefinitely (as recipes are limited and you do have to complete some recipes, to make coins, so you can spend them on canceling). In the end i don't see how it hurts TL or anyone else.

I don't care about the starting/canceling thing, never done it.

What bugs me is that i started the new jam cookies 4 times (on 10 stoves) and forgot to come back to serve them on time, so i didn't gain anything towards mastery. That's not really fair. With the shorter cooking times recipes i often forget to come back on time (NOTIFICATIONS NOT WORKING!!!!!!), so now i will be losing a lot more than the coins that i spent starting a particular recipe.

Yet another great "feature" from TL, to add to the gifting being all messed up now. Awesome. How about you all spend some time fixing stuff that is wrong with the games, rather than implementing new "features" that are making the game worse?!

kooky panda
11-06-11, 05:32 PM
It's not really "gaming" it though. If you want to keep starting and canceling recipes to get gems, you have to spend a lot of time and coins doing that. So it's like you spent a lot of coins to buy 2 gems. It's something you can't do indefinitely (as recipes are limited and you do have to complete some recipes, to make coins, so you can spend them on canceling). In the end i don't see how it hurts TL or anyone else.

What bugs me is that i started the new jam cookies 4 times (on 10 stoves) and forgot to come back to serve them on time, so i didn't gain anything towards mastery. That's not really fair. With the shorter cooking times recipes i often forget to come back on time (NOTIFICATIONS NOT WORKING!!!!!!), so now i will be losing a lot more than the coins that i spent starting a particular recipe.

Yet another great "feature" from TL, to add to the gifting being all messed up now. Awesome. How about you all spend some time fixing stuff that is wrong with the games, rather than implementing new "features" that are making the game worse?!

The notications should be working now. Make sure you turn off and back on the notifications in your games and under your settings on your device.
If you still are not recieving the notifications email support@teamlava.com to have look into your games.

nmishii
11-06-11, 06:22 PM

Eventually coins become meaningless. I have 16.5M. It took me 5 days to master candy corn macaroons. It would have taken less than half an hour to start and cancel the recipes to get 2 gems, with no noticable difference to coin total. I've never done that; I cook my food to completion.

I've been playing Bakery Story since shortly after it was released on Android. They didn't release notfications until the spring, and a couple of weeks later they stopped working. They finally worked again last week. I have not lost food to forgetting to serve them, and if I did, whether I got chefs hats or not, I wouldn't think it was unfair. And in general I put a lot of TL actions in the unfair category.

Wilbursworld
11-06-11, 06:41 PM
I don't mind the change I just would like a heads up when the things we are used to do change as it gets confusing and makes folks think its a bug instead of a game change.

sourlicorice2
11-06-11, 11:43 PM

I'd have to agree. Either way your gonna get the gems eventually so what does it matter if u start and cancel a dish. It's not like u will get more gems by doing that. However I don't do it myself. I don't tend to pay much attention to collectibles anymore anyways since they slowed down the amount u get. If I get them fine if not cest la vie. It's not as an exciting feature as it was before they changed it.

barleycoon
11-07-11, 12:34 AM
I really enjoying mastering the food etc to gain gems,but I don't cancel recipes at all.
I still get collectables,it just takes you a little longer to get them.It must be hard to get the balance right with the collectable drop rate,as too fast we get bored and have too many items.It does really vary depending on how many other players you visit and varying the cooking you do,and redesigning your bakery etc.
I love that TL introduced these features,it keeps my interest anyway.

caesarslaw
11-07-11, 08:58 AM
i'm one of the persons that when close to finishing a recipe, especially one that takes 1 day or 2 days, I just start it, cancel it, re-start it and eventually get my gem - and then, I can move on to a new recipe that cooks for less time and I can master it by actually serving it. TL is just being greedy at this point. If i want to use my coins to do master a dish, to not waste time, and to not have another full counter, I should be able to.

Oh well TL loss. Since this happened, I just cook something and log in once to serve it and forget about the bakery. I used to care more and buy gems and visit neighbors, and cook/serve, but...i get bored fast with a recipe that takes 1 to 2 days and I can't actually cook.

caesarslaw
11-07-11, 09:01 AM
also! I despise the fact that I am close to mastering a dish...and I cook 3 recipes, wait all that time, and once I serve the first dish, it's all mastered. So I wasted money, time, and two ovens for nothing. TL should at least have a feature where we can see how much more we need to cook to master to each level. ....can one say frustrating

barleycoon
11-07-11, 09:46 AM
also! I despise the fact that I am close to mastering a dish...and I cook 3 recipes, wait all that time, and once I serve the first dish, it's all mastered. So I wasted money, time, and two ovens for nothing. TL should at least have a feature where we can see how much more we need to cook to master to each level. ....can one say frustrating

We do have the ranking line,ie it will tell you how far away you are from rank2 etc.Even,if you have completed the level 4 on the dish,we still get extra coins and XP,so really it all helps.

nmishii
11-07-11, 10:39 AM

I didn't like cooking the extra food either. So now I keep track of the number of dishes I cook and know when I'm going to master it. I know I can master a dish by cooking it 5 times on 17 appliances, so I just do that all the time. It would be nice if there was a counter.

nmishii
11-07-11, 10:43 AM

Oh well TL loss. Since this happened, I just cook something and log in once to serve it and forget about the bakery. I used to care more and buy gems and visit neighbors, and cook/serve, but...i get bored fast with a recipe that takes 1 to 2 days and I can't actually cook.

It's also your loss too, if you aren't enjoying the game as much as you used to. Hopefully you'll get used to the change and be able to enjoy the game almost like you used to.

caesarslaw
11-07-11, 11:56 AM
for new recipes, it's ...somewhat easier to remember mastery, but I have several recipes that are not mastered or are half way through level 3 mastery, or just past level 4 ie different levels of completion. Even though i'm level 75, I only mastered fully a few dishes before the gem implementation for mastering level 4.

I hope i can enjoy it more too but with all the changes and "features/nonfeatures" think collectibles, badges..I am not sure how I can have fun playing when things constatly change for the worse.

nmishii
11-07-11, 01:31 PM
for new recipes, it's ...somewhat easier to remember mastery, but I have several recipes that are not mastered or are half way through level 3 mastery, or just past level 4 ie different levels of completion. Even though i'm level 75, I only mastered fully a few dishes before the gem implementation for mastering level 4.

I hope i can enjoy it more too but with all the changes and "features/nonfeatures" think collectibles, badges..I am not sure how I can have fun playing when things constatly change for the worse.

Yes, it is getting more difficult to enjoy playing, because of of the numerous bugs in the releases, crashes, the lag time getting worse, TL breaking things that work, updates/offers to some but not others, to name a few. Everytime the system is messed up after a maintenance I have neighbors who get fed up and quit.

aiyayu
11-09-11, 09:50 PM
It sucks in BS story. I accidenly started a new recipe on a stove that was cooking candy corn macarons (1 day) due to multiple clicks and game lag. Partial mastery exp would have made it suck less. And now heres goes waiting anither day.

caesarslaw
11-24-11, 09:08 PM
just another rant/frustration post....good think TL removed the partial mastery AND immediately removed the Halloween content. Those candy macaroons that took a day...could have been finished, but of course was on level 4, close to finishing them and poof* removed. TL is definitely making sure we don't get our gems.

pastrychef17
11-25-11, 01:23 PM
That happened to me with the holiday donuts. This time, I started mastery of the Halloween items as soon as they came out "just in case" and was able to master them all before Halloween. Now I'm glad to know they'll pull holiday items shortly after so I'll make mastering those first priority as soon as they're released. What I wish they would do though is if they're going to have 1-day recipes or longer, that they release those items first to give us more time to master them and release any 2 or 4 items last since they're quicker to master.