PDA

View Full Version : Snow.... In october?

sterlingempire
10-28-11, 12:58 PM
SNOW SNOW SNOW! Wait -- its october!

Yes, thats right folks, weatherman Sterling Empire has predicted SNOW for the East Coast Saturday morning! Oh my, California is looking jealous!

Too bad I wont witness the snow... at least not here! (I am on the east coast, BTW) Because I am going to CANADA! Woo hoo! :p

Merry christm- I mean, Happy Halloween, everyone!

pinkster73
10-28-11, 01:00 PM
Umm I live in Canada. It snows here in October. And November and December and January and February and March and April and May and sometimes June.

sterlingempire
10-28-11, 01:02 PM
Umm I live in Canada. It snows here in October. And November and December and January and February and March and April and May and sometimes June.

I live in DC. It never snows in October :P

Rarely, we get a few flurries in November :) But here, this is crazy. Snow in october!

sterlingempire
10-28-11, 01:03 PM

Haha... sorry, I should have stated East Coast [new england] of US :p My bad.

Phthon
10-28-11, 01:04 PM
Oregon is looking JEALOUS too!

nmishii
10-28-11, 01:06 PM
I live in California. I haven't seen snow in October. Its supposed to be 81 deg tomorrow.

sterlingempire
10-28-11, 01:07 PM
I live in California. I haven't seen snow in October. Its supposed to be 81 deg tomorrow.

Haha :p now its about lower 20-ish?

pinkster73
10-28-11, 01:09 PM

Wow. I've got the snow jackets and scarves and hats and gloves ready for trick or treating. Around here you get a Halloween costume big enough enough to go on top of ski pants and coats

nmishii
10-28-11, 01:16 PM
Wow. I've got the snow jackets and scarves and hats and gloves ready for trick or treating. Around here you get a Halloween costume big enough enough to go on top of ski pants and coats

Here you don't need a jacket most years when you go trick or treating.

In the winter I can see snow on the mountains. I have to drive 2 hrs to touch it.

pinkster73
10-28-11, 01:19 PM
Here you don't need a jacket most years when you go trick or treating.

In the winter I can see snow on the mountains. I have to drive 2 hrs to touch it.

Wow, I can't imagine trick or treating with no coat on. Although one fun part is all us parents have mugs of "hot chocolate" that isn't just hot chocolate to help keep warm.

crystalrayn3
10-28-11, 01:21 PM
I grew up in Las Vegas, NV and never associated winter with Halloween. When I moved up north to Reno/Lake Tahoe, I couldn't believe how cold it was even in September. Trick or Treating in the snow was a huge shock to my sun soaked system LOL

shakiba
10-28-11, 01:35 PM
Shakiba is representing Canada! Not the whole country gets snow, most likely is either the east cost, or west 9 I may be wrong). Here, in Toronto ( southern canada) is just breezy and rainy. No snow, so dont judge that its always snowing in canada, because it doesnt!

bletchingdon
10-28-11, 01:36 PM
It snowed very finely a couple of days ago for like two minuets:)

sterlingempire
10-28-11, 01:39 PM
Shakiba is representing Canada! Not the whole country gets snow, most likely is either the east cost, or west 9 I may be wrong). Here, in Toronto ( southern canada) is just breezy and rainy. No snow, so dont judge that its always snowing in canada, because it doesnt!

How about Quebec?

I dont want to miss out on ANY SNOW!

GroupMagma
10-28-11, 01:39 PM
Oh my, California is looking jealous!

Why would we be jealous? We live in California.

sterlingempire
10-28-11, 01:40 PM
Why would we be jealous? We live in California.

Oh yeah? I live in Washington, DC. The CAPITOL of the USA, The CAPITOL of the country which California is in! :p ;)

GroupMagma
10-28-11, 01:41 PM
Oh yeah? I live in Washington, DC. The CAPITOL of the USA, The CAPITOL of the country which California is in! :p ;)

Yeah, I've been to Washington, many times. I'll stay in CA, thanks. :D

sterlingempire
10-28-11, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I've been to Washington, many times. I'll stay in CA, thanks. :D

Haha, year-round sun, but HERE... we have a taste of every kind of weather, like...

-hurricanes
-earthquakes (you probably get more than us :p)
-tornados
-sunny days
-wonderful fall leaves and colors
-beautiful snowy days

sterlingempire
10-28-11, 01:45 PM
EDIT: Year round warmth... :)

bawpotter
10-28-11, 05:45 PM
I am looking at 4-6 inches for tomorrow night... scary.

lesleypsg1
10-28-11, 06:09 PM
Snowed in some places in central Ontario, Canada today. Not much. A few flakes. We've been known to have major snowstorms around Halloween, though the last big one at this time I remember was roughly 11 years ago. Some places just north of Toronto the kids couldn't even make it out for Halloween. Hoping the staying snow holds off a couple more weeks....I hate snow. My snow tires aren't on the car yet.

lesleypsg1
10-28-11, 06:11 PM
When I retire about 9 years from now I'm planning to move, just for winters, to Canada's southern province. We like to call it Florida. :p

casadolce
10-28-11, 06:17 PM
When I retire about 9 years from now I'm planning to move, just for winters, to Canada's southern province. We like to call it Florida. :p

I have some land that I can sell you ��

I'm in Canada west. It snowed on the north shore mountain already.

pinkster73
10-28-11, 06:17 PM
It's going to only be minus 3 celcius here for trick or treating (Calgary). That's not bad at all. Won't need snow boots this year yay!

lesleypsg1
10-28-11, 06:24 PM
It's going to only be minus 3 celcius here for trick or treating (Calgary). That's not bad at all. Won't need snow boots this year yay!

I don't envy you! Alberta gets hit so much worse than we do. Tho I think Nfld still gets it the worst of all of us (excluding the territories of course) eh

lesleypsg1
10-28-11, 06:29 PM
I have some land that I can sell you ��

I'm in Canada west. It snowed on the north shore mountain already.

No thanks, I already have a friend with a place there.

I took a bus ride from Vancouver to kamloops once. Last time I visit there in the winter. Bus sliding backwards down the mountain in a blizzard. Yikes! But yet, I lived to tell the tale...lol

Sina680
10-28-11, 07:22 PM
Boo!...im jay! Never snows here except on the tippy tops of 1 mountain n 1 volcano, both on islands I do not live on :( Been to Green Bay, WI 2x n missed the snow by a day both times...well, we got Hawaiian snow called...Rain! LoL! Enjoy your snow ;)

sophiacml
10-28-11, 08:11 PM
I'm in Malaysia at the moment... Never snow... Sunshine 365 days...

farmer1600
10-28-11, 08:23 PM
I live in Westcoast Canada (Vancouver) - Rarely snows here.

If it does, it's just for a few days in Dec. or Jan.

sterlingempire
10-29-11, 04:16 AM
Its snowing!

Rachael98
10-29-11, 04:38 AM
Its snowing!

The weather forecast was...right!? Last time they predicted snow here, we had a heatwave. Seriously.

sterlingempire
10-29-11, 04:59 AM
This is my snowy house... :p

http://i51.tinypic.com/zpd7o.jpg

Rachael98
10-29-11, 05:02 AM
This is my snowy house... :p

http://i51.tinypic.com/zpd7o.jpg

You have a lovely house:).

sterlingempire
10-29-11, 05:11 AM
You have a lovely house:).

Haha thanks :p

bawpotter
10-29-11, 05:15 AM
Nice house!

How did that little emoji thing end up on the picture?

sterlingempire
10-29-11, 05:17 AM
Nice house!

I think you are reffering to the pumpkins... :p

Rachael98
10-29-11, 05:23 AM
Nice house!

What's that? Where?

sterlingempire
10-29-11, 05:25 AM
What's that? Where?

They are really tiny... right by the door.

It stopped snowing :( Now its just sleet

Rachael98
10-29-11, 05:26 AM
They are really tiny... right by the door.

It stopped snowing :( Now its just sleet

I see them:).
All good things must come to an end...

lesleypsg1
10-29-11, 05:28 AM

SAY WHAT?! Lol
Not sure where you hide in Toronto, but in all my forty some years (born and lived here all my life) I can tell you, snow is not an uncommon occurrence in October. Ive trick and treated in snow suit as has my daughter has had to a couple of years. Sure, it doesn't usually stay on the ground long ( ie no accmulation in October), but we've had plenty of it around Halloweens past. And January! Really? Breezy and rainy? I want to know what part of the city you're in as I'm moving there...lol. You must've missed the year Lastman (two mayors ago) had to call in the military to clear the snow in TO. (most embarrassing Canadian moment EVER!). I think you're mixing us with with Vancouver. They are usually rainy and breezy thru the winter. (vancouverites, correct me if I'm wrong...I know the rest of BC gets whomped). Toronto most always gets a whopping of snow. It's the lake effect from lake Ontario

sterlingempire
10-29-11, 05:31 AM

All good things come back! Its snowing again!

Rachael98
10-29-11, 05:31 AM
SAY WHAT?! Lol
Not sure where you hide in Toronto, but in all my forty some years I can tell you, snow is not an uncommon occurrence in October. Sure, it doesn't usually stay on the ground long ( ie no ac***ulation), but we've had plenty of it around Halloweens past. And January! Really? Breezy and rainy? I want to know what part of the city you're in as I'm moving there...lol. You must've missed the year Lastman (two mayors ago) had to call in the military to clear the snow in TO. (most embarrassing Canadian moment EVER!). I think you're mixing us with with Vancouver. They are usually rainy and breezy thru the winter. (vancouverites, correct me if I'm wrong...I know the rest of BC gets whomped). Toronto most always gets a whopping of snow. It's the lake effect from lake Ontario

In my life, we've never had any accu•mulation before Christmas!

sterlingempire
10-29-11, 05:44 AM

Never here before december!

lesleypsg1
10-29-11, 06:17 AM

Generally it doesn't stay, but there has definitely been snow in toronto in October. Ac***ulation is more common end of November and December. I hate our Januarys as I don't like snow much

sterlingempire
10-29-11, 06:22 AM

What goes around comes back around! :p

pinkster73
10-29-11, 10:47 AM
Beautiful house. But that's not snow ha ha. Snow is when it takes you 2 hours to shovel out your car so you can drive it out of the parking lot.

sterlingempire
10-29-11, 10:49 AM
Beautiful house. But that's not snow ha ha. Snow is when it takes you 2 hours to shovel out your car so you can drive it out of the parking lot.

Hey, its considered snow when it falls in DC during the month of October ;)

sourlicorice2
10-29-11, 10:55 AM
I'm in sunny hot Thailand...er edit flooded hot Thailand at the moment (my area isn't flooded though) But I'm from Peterborough near Toronto, Canada and I so do not miss the snow and cold weather.

lesleypsg1
10-29-11, 08:47 PM
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1078152--east-coast-snow-storm-leaves-3-dead-2-million-without-power?bn=1

Oh oh....hope those along the US east coast are ok.

Rachael98
10-31-11, 12:33 AM
:/My news bulletin just said a load of people had died and that electricity was down:(.

Prayers from Britain...

pinkster73
10-31-11, 07:28 AM
It's Halloween today and its snowing here. Break out the trick or treating boots :)