PDA

View Full Version : mastery levels not loading

caesarslaw
10-24-11, 09:07 PM
im playing bakery halloween and i just noticed that no matter how much i cook the mastery bar remains the same... doesnt fill anymore. is this a bug... do other people have this issue?

greygull
10-24-11, 09:49 PM
What level are you? And which device and version are you on?

caesarslaw
10-25-11, 06:12 AM
so frustrating....the overnight food that cooked on the oven and deep frier didnot register on mastery...help.... level 71ios5 on ipod touch playng halloween version . i tried the usual things restarting uninstalling etc. u guys should check the mastery level let me know if it is happening to u too

bletchingdon
10-25-11, 06:39 AM
Mine is fine on BS Halloween.

rainbow_chan
10-25-11, 06:45 AM
I'm having the same problem too! D:
I'm at level 74, using an iPhone 4 with iOS 5.
:/

rainbow_chan
10-25-11, 06:46 AM
(Playing regular BS)

pastrychef17
10-25-11, 07:00 AM
It's working okay for me (iphone 4, iOS 5, Bakery Halloween) but I've been concentrating on just the new Halloween recipes and not much else so I don't know if it's a glitch with other foods. So far I've mastered pumpkin cookies and pumpkin ice cream, hoping to finish mastering gravestone brownies and candy corn coffee today.

farmer1600
10-25-11, 07:14 AM
Yes - Same problem for me.

Mastery bar hasn't moved at all after cooking 2 rounds of 8 hour peanut butter cookies on 18 ovens (=62100 peanut butter cookies in 16 hours).

The bar should have moved some.

That was a waste of time - Not happy.

iphone 3GS in regular non halloween version bakery

kattybell
10-25-11, 07:27 AM
I know this is for bakery story, but on my fashion story I noticed that my mastery level isn't going up when I order clothes. I'm using the Halloween version.

kattybell
10-25-11, 08:45 AM
I know this is for bakery story, but on my fashion story I noticed that my mastery level isn't going up when I order clothes. I'm using the Halloween version.

It's happening on my bakery Halloween version too.

kooky panda
10-25-11, 09:43 AM
On my fashion and bakery I have almost mastered some of the new halloween items. When you are stuck, what mastery level are you trying to get to?
1,2 , 3, or 4 and what items are not mastering besides the peanut butter cookies in bakery?

Yarox
10-25-11, 09:57 AM
Im not getting any chef hats (mastery) from recipes on my bakery.
Mastery bar does not move :(

kooky panda
10-25-11, 09:59 AM
Im not getting any chef hats (mastery) from recipes on my bakery.
Mastery bar does not move :(
yarox
What foods are you not getting the chef hats on and what level are you trying to master?

sissy8
10-25-11, 10:02 AM
mastery levels not loading

im playing bakery halloween and i just noticed that no matter how much i cook the mastery bar remains the same... doesnt fill anymore. is this a bug... do other people have this issue? same problem here but only with the halloween brownies, the rest is fine playing on i pod the first

Yarox
10-25-11, 10:03 AM
yarox
What foods are you not getting the chef hats on and what level are you trying to master?
The little chef hats dont float up for all foods on all appliances and on all mastery levels :(

farmer1600
10-25-11, 01:03 PM
So far,
Ipod Touch
Iphone 4
Iphone 3gs

bakery story regular
bakery story halloween
fashion story

halloween items
regular items

...No offence but does it really matter what mastery level? (3 going to 4)

Force closed...delete and re-installed - Nothing worked (that never works for me to be totally honest) and it doesn't appear to be an isolated problem for 1 game or 1 device.

All the games are incredibly slow right now - Received (10!) out of sync messages last night along with 3 force closings and 4 'you must be connected to the internet' (when I clearly am) - All of this is old news but it would have been nice to come here and see a message from team lava addressing these problems in some kind of capacity.

Can team lava please respond so that people won't waste time and money cooking or buying things if there's a bug with the mastery level or some other issues going on?

caesarslaw
10-25-11, 01:43 PM
nor working on ANY recipe on the stove, the donut machine, and the drink machine. only one that seems to work is the icecream machine. i've spent a lot of coins before i realized this, it definitely doesn't work on the pumpkin cookies and the gravestone brownies - I tried a bunch of times. Levels are after 2, so 3 to 4, and completing 4.

greygull
10-25-11, 02:08 PM
How many of the item are you trying to cook? And on how many appliances? I just did Brownies, I was almost at a full level 3 mastery. After a few times, I finished the level 3 mastery, now starting on level 4.

Especially level 3-4 mastery, it does take longer to finish. http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?16919-Easy-appliances-and-chef-hats On this thread (for RS) I ran a count of how many cooks and servers it takes to fully master a dish. For 3-4, it's takes about 90 times to reach a level 4 mastery. (That's measured as cook=1, server=1) There is another calculation on that thread as well.

caesarslaw
10-25-11, 02:33 PM
yes, I know that it takes a long time especially in the 3 and 4 levels to see a change. But on the halloween cookies, I can just see a tiny tiny line to the edge (so it's really really full on the 3rd level) - if I would cook more recipes, that line should go into the the level 4 mastery bar. But I've cooked (prepared and served) on thirteen of the stoves I own, and it never went past - it should have gone only after a few cookings, but I also maybe thought they increased the amount needed. I wasted a lot of money cooking these cookies....two batches on 13 stoves, and still that tiny space is not filled in...and I mean like hair thin, the bar looks completely full

gigglybean
10-25-11, 10:33 PM
Hi, I noticed that I have this problem too. Baked 5 of the kiwi cakes but the mastery level at the bar doesn't move at all. Shouldn't it move at least a little? I am only on my way to level 2.

Could it be that mastery level has also been tweaked like in collectibles? I am playing BS Halloween on iPad 2, ver 4.3.3.

caesarslaw
10-26-11, 01:18 PM
sooo...i haven't really cooked anything since this weekend, will this be fixed by TeamLava? Do we have an idea what's causing this? what are people with no mastery level working doing?

nmishii
10-26-11, 01:37 PM
yes, I know that it takes a long time especially in the 3 and 4 levels to see a change. But on the halloween cookies, I can just see a tiny tiny line to the edge (so it's really really full on the 3rd level) - if I would cook more recipes, that line should go into the the level 4 mastery bar. But I've cooked (prepared and served) on thirteen of the stoves I own, and it never went past - it should have gone only after a few cookings, but I also maybe thought they increased the amount needed. I wasted a lot of money cooking these cookies....two batches on 13 stoves, and still that tiny space is not filled in...and I mean like hair thin, the bar looks completely full

You need about 40 cook and serves to go from Level 3 to 4, so after your two batches your bar should have been more than half way filled if it were working properly.

nmishii
10-26-11, 01:52 PM
sooo...i haven't really cooked anything since this weekend, will this be fixed by TeamLava? Do we have an idea what's causing this? what are people with no mastery level working doing?

I have mastery levels working, but if I didn't I wouldn't bake until mastery levels were fixed. I have too much food on my counters to bake something I can't master.

kooky panda
10-28-11, 12:42 PM
This issue has been reported. Please post you device, the game the foods and the mastery levels that you are having issues with.

pastrychef17
10-28-11, 12:52 PM
iphone 4, iOS 5, Bakery Halloween, mastery bar not moving for Candy Corn Macaroons, even with 18 ovens cooking them. This is the only food (so far) that I'm having problems with. I've gotten mastery and gems for all the other Halloween recipes.

Phthon
10-28-11, 12:54 PM
This issue has been reported. Please post you device, the game the foods and the mastery levels that you are having issues with.

I'm having a really hard time mastering my mental state. It isn't leveling up at all and I am still stuck at 'Rotten Cabbage'.

Got any suggestions? :D

badger8
10-28-11, 06:53 PM
Me too. The mastery bar hasn't moved from it's original starting position despite 16 ovens going- seems to be only the new macaroons for me. (I'm level 96, so it's not a level issue)
I'm on original iPad. I have NOT updated to 5.0 yet.

So, Kooky, do you know is this something that will have to wait until Monday when TL comes back from their weekend? Because if it will, I'd rather cook something else in the meantime.

wendabenda
10-31-11, 08:27 AM
Same here.. Original iPad with OS 5... Candy Corn Macaroons... 13 ovens, no movement.

pastrychef17
10-31-11, 09:34 AM
For candy corn macaroons, the mastery bar won't move until you serve the macaroons. You don't get credit for just cooking them anymore.

caesarslaw
10-31-11, 12:35 PM
I started this thread......

but to clarify to everyone now, TL will NOT give us mastery (chef hats) aka mastery bar won't move until we serve the food - just cooking it will not advance mastery. I am very angry at this for various reasons, but I guarantee the people posting here are just having issues when they're cooking because they don't see the mastery bar advancing.

Keep bugging TL ...maybe they'll change it but I doubt it. With lack of collectibles and slowed down mastery, I am finding it harder and harder to play the game.

wendabenda
10-31-11, 12:36 PM
I did server 8 ovens worth this morning and the bar didn't move

nmishii
10-31-11, 12:49 PM
After three days of serving candy corn macaroons, the mastery bar seems to be where it should be. If I master candy corn macaroons on Wednesday, then there is no change to the amount of food to be served to reach mastery, and I can't complain. I've mastered all foods in RS and BS except candy corn macaroons, and I did that by cooking and serving them. So there appears to be no overall change to the way I play, which is the way the game was intended to be played.

nmishii
10-31-11, 12:52 PM
I did server 8 ovens worth this morning and the bar didn't move

Are those the first 8 you baked? If so, you would have reached Level 1; you may or may not have gotten the popup. If your bar shows that the next level is Level 2, you are okay.

If not, you may have a problem.

OriginalBlond
01-26-12, 10:35 AM
i believe I am having the same issue with achieveing the level 4 master level. I have been making omlettes like crazy and the bar is so close to the 4 but i never did recieve any kind of message stating that I have achieved the goal. When you achieve the goal, does it still remain a 4 or does it state "mastered" or anything like that?

kattybell
01-26-12, 10:39 AM
i believe I am having the same issue with achieveing the level 4 master level. I have been making omlettes like crazy and the bar is so close to the 4 but i never did recieve any kind of message stating that I have achieved the goal. When you achieve the goal, does it still remain a 4 or does it state "mastered" or anything like that?

It stays at 4 and should pop up that you've earned 1 gem.

OriginalBlond
01-26-12, 10:55 AM
ok, either I missed it or I have yet to reach it... Thank you for your help with my problems/issues!!