PDA

View Full Version : Install notification...EVERY FIVE MINUTES!!!

susiesmith
10-24-11, 06:40 AM
Is this really necessary - to have an install notification literally every five minutes? TL has managed to **** the last bit of enjoyment out of this game. Between their constant server issues, broken collectibles "feature" (that now has been changed to reward almost nothing), repeated gifting problems, and the fact that material requests have not worked properly for quite some time (I have many neighbors building wells, ponds, silos, and tool sheds and I receive maybe 2-3 material request per day. My own requests have suddenly dropped dramatically).

The incessant nagging to purchase gems and the now ever present install notifications always seems to work flawlessly. It is clearly evident that TL's sole intent is to make money with virtually no interest in customer relations or the desire to produce a well running product that people can relax and have fun with. Anyone with half a brain knows that no player would actually enjoy getting install notifications every five minutes while trying to water their neighbors farms. But TL does not care about this - they will harass you until you finally install, and then proceed to send along a NEW install message to replace the one you thought you finally got rid of. TL does not understand the concept of integrity in business, and just knowing that you're dealing with a company that operates this way really does take the fun out of the game. It is not that difficult to produce a product which is financially lucrative, and at the same time does not leave your customers feeling used, abused and taken advantage of.

pinkster73
10-24-11, 07:00 AM
Hopefully they consider all the feedback they've received about how annoyed people get about the incessant pop ups and stop doing it so often. It's alienating and infuriating players

MrsShrek
10-24-11, 07:18 AM
One suggestion & what I did was go rate the game(s) and write a review making a comment about the constant pop ups. The problem with making the comments here is they know we are already users. Making some of these comments while rating the game is getting this info in front of non-players. Maybe this will get their attention?

MrsShrek
10-24-11, 07:20 AM
BTW, in my review, I gave the games a 3 and said I would rate it a 5 if they would stop the constant pop ups.

susiesmith
10-24-11, 07:21 AM
One suggestion & what I did was go rate the game(s) and write a review making a comment about the constant pop ups. The problem with making the comments here is they know we are already users. Making some of these comments while rating the game is getting this info in front of non-players. Maybe this will get their attention?

Good point!

susiesmith
10-24-11, 08:11 AM
They'd have to fix a myriad of things in order to get a five star rating from me. The game concept is good, but that's about it.

KingKG
10-24-11, 06:44 PM
All the popups and install this and that notifications really are shocking and ridiculously over the top for a game that you pay for items in. Fair point is that yes, it is a free game to start with, but you can't tell me that it isn't make an absolute crapload of money, cut back on the spam,which is what it is basically! PLEASE STOP

farmerrobbo
10-24-11, 11:45 PM

Yes, last time this happened I went and changed my review to 1 star.

Rachael98
10-25-11, 01:34 AM
Just download them...:)

bletchingdon
10-25-11, 01:44 AM
All the popups and install this and that notifications really are shocking and ridiculously over the top for a game that you pay for items in. Fair point is that yes, it is a free game to start with, but you can't tell me that it isn't make an absolute crapload of money, cut back on the spam,which is what it is basically! PLEASE STOP
I agree with you.

pinkster73
10-25-11, 07:20 AM
Just download them...:)

Then TL gets to raise their download statistics when in reality people just download it then delete it to stop the pop ups. Its distorting the true stats to raise their profile. Not showing much integrity

yanochka
10-25-11, 07:35 AM
The pop-ups are driving me crazy!!!! But I refuse to download the game just to get rid of the pop-up. I hope the will take the pop-up away soon!!!!

ariesblu
10-25-11, 08:07 PM
The pop-ups are driving me crazy!!!! But I refuse to download the game just to get rid of the pop-up. I hope the will take the pop-up away soon!!!!

I agree. Downloading something out of annoyance shouldn't be the way to go, or even an offered solution.

DerGelbeKaiser
10-26-11, 03:33 PM
I agree. Downloading something out of annoyance shouldn't be the way to go, or even an offered solution.
But it does work....

But I do understand you point. I got gems for downloading them so it wasn't a huge deal. I played some of the story games for a bit but deleted most of it fairly soon after. No pop-ups for months now.