PDA

View Full Version : Where have the collectibles gone?

jaysh75
10-23-11, 03:17 PM
They seem to have disappeared, still watering loads and never get any popping up now.

pinkster73
10-23-11, 03:20 PM
TL has lowered the rate of getting the collectibles

jaysh75
10-23-11, 03:24 PM
Oh dear it was hard enough getting some good ones before!
Where did you find that info out so I can see what changes they make too?

kooky panda
10-23-11, 03:29 PM
Oh dear it was hard enough getting some good ones before!
Where did you find that info out so I can see what changes they make too?
Here is the announcement.
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18986-Collectible-Drop-Rate&p=156385&viewfull=1#post156385

Rachael98
10-23-11, 03:50 PM
I hope they keep tweaking it...:)

pinkster73
10-23-11, 04:21 PM
I hope I get collectibles

swiep07
10-23-11, 04:24 PM
Yeah.. me too...

DerGelbeKaiser
10-23-11, 05:03 PM

Lol!!
By the time they might or might not make a big Android update I'll probably will have lost interest. I've almost forgotten about badges already.

I have to admit that I do wonder what would happen if Android users would get a cool update before iDevice users... You know, once anyone at TL looks at these statistics:
http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/online_mobile/in-u-s-market-new-smartphone-buyers-increasingly-embracing-android/
Among all smartphone owners -- not just recent acquirers -- 43 percent own an Android device; 28 percent have something from Apple; 18 percent have BlackBerrys; and everything else makes up the remaining 11 percent.

Mind you, in my line of work (media) I'm almost a total freak with my lone android.
Makes me very proud :cool:

Rachael98
10-23-11, 05:08 PM
Lol!!
By the time they might or might not make a big Android update I'll probably will have lost interest. I've almost forgotten about badges already.

I have to admit that I do wonder what would happen if Android users would get a cool update before iDevice users... You know, once anyone at TL looks at these statistics:
http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/online_mobile/in-u-s-market-new-smartphone-buyers-increasingly-embracing-android/
Among all smartphone owners -- not just recent acquirers -- 43 percent own an Android device; 28 percent have something from Apple; 18 percent have BlackBerrys; and everything else makes up the remaining 11 percent.

Mind you, in my line of work (media) I'm almost a total freak with my lone android.
Makes me very proud :cool:

However, the TL devices include iPods and iPads as well as the iPhone smartphone that those statistics and that article compare:)...but that's what the parity thread's for!

filo66
10-23-11, 05:14 PM
However, the TL devices include iPods and iPads as well as the iPhone smartphone that those statistics and that article compare:)...but that's what the parity thread's for!

And with those other devices iOS holds a slim lead over Android. With the Kindle Fire coming (along with some other next-gen Android tablets) and the continuing disparity in sales between Android and iOS smartphones it shouldn't be more than a few months before Apple relinquishes the lead for good.

ariesblu
10-23-11, 05:17 PM
I wonder how many months we'll have to wait for them. And anyway, by the time we get them, we'll still be at a disadvantage from how idevice first got them in the first place.

DerGelbeKaiser
10-24-11, 03:46 AM

It's great that there is a thread where all the [edit] of Android users is supposed to be contained but it's not going to stay there. And there'll be more of us to come, not less.

I think the iPad, iPod thing is negligable compared to the fact that the iPhone has been around for much longer and that there are probably 5-8 times as many iDevice users than Android users - at the moment. Until fairly recently Android phone were a PITA but things have changed drastically over the past two years. The devices are getting better and better for less money and there are more farming games - and more farming games with animations and loads of other functions. Sooner or later TL needs to catch up because although they have by far the best crop system the rest of the FaS farming options are below average.

pinkster73
10-24-11, 07:06 AM
What do you mean by PITA?

filo66
10-24-11, 07:49 AM
What do you mean by PITA?

Pain In The A...

DerGelbeKaiser's numbers regarding iOS versus Android are flat out wrong.

pinkster73
10-24-11, 09:05 AM
Pain In The A...

DerGelbeKaiser's numbers regarding iOS versus Android are flat out wrong.

What are they?

felicitybliss
10-24-11, 09:45 AM
Here is the mobile operating system worldwide statistics..
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff481/barbiefrancie/bb30de3c.jpg

Symbian os is the clear winner worldwide....

Hope I posted the picture correctly...fingers crossed...

filo66
10-24-11, 09:49 AM
[QUOTE=felicitybliss;160139]Here is the mobile operating system worldwide statistics.

Yep. Add in iPods, iPads and so on and iOS still leads Android, but not by a whole lot.

pinkster73
10-24-11, 09:50 AM
According to that chart ios and Android are equal now. What's symbian?

filo66
10-24-11, 09:53 AM
According to that chart ios and Android are equal now. What's symbian?

For smartphones they are equal, or close to it. Android was ahead but the 4S spiked Apple's sales for a bit.

Symbian is the Nokia smartphone OS.

felicitybliss
10-24-11, 09:55 AM
Filo, I am not entirely sure if iPod, iPad, etc are not included in the mobile statistics from stat counter. Their definition of a mobile device is: "We define a mobile device as a pocket-sized computing device, typically having a display screen with touch input or a miniature keyboard." I am looking at the data sets now to find the answer.....

felicitybliss
10-24-11, 10:07 AM
The iPad was NOT included in the statistics, as it isn't pocket sized. That would also exclude android tablets. I was unable to if iPods were included or not....

filo66
10-24-11, 10:08 AM
Filo, I am not entirely sure if iPod, iPad, etc are not included in the mobile statistics from stat counter. Their definition of a mobile device is: "We define a mobile device as a pocket-sized computing device, typically having a display screen with touch input or a miniature keyboard." I am looking at the data sets now to find the answer.....

I'm curious too. I know that smartphones far outstrip other mobile smart devices but different folks pull the stats differently.

GroupMagma
10-25-11, 11:03 AM
Guys, not every thread needs to be about this subject. This has been stated previously. Please respect the other members of this forum and do not derail threads about other subjects.