PDA

View Full Version : Out of sync with server, money and items missing! Inventory too.

YumYum
10-17-10, 11:48 PM
On wifi, throughout the day I have bought items (tiles/tables) then it will say that I am 'out of sync with the server' only to return with my recently purchased items gone and my money not returned. Earlier it was just $200-400, but just now I lost $2,500!
Also, when are we going to be able to access our stored inventory?

NoFish
10-18-10, 01:25 PM
Have the sam Prob. as you but i can buy all but not the floor ..
that sucks very...i need the money realy..

watch the Threat to:
Restart the Game. can anyone answer?

Unregistered
10-18-10, 07:19 PM
I have the same problem too... I literally spent 7000 retiling my entire restaurant... but I got the error message and EVERYTHING was lost. Teamlava, this is unacceptable. If the problem persists, you are going to have nobody playing this app.

That's the truth.

Unregistered
10-18-10, 07:22 PM

VERY GOOD QUESTION. I personally HATE the new inventory... I loved the city story inventory though.

TeamLava, why would you think that players would want to scroll throughout the entire list of items to place a couple of chairs? In addition, it's hard to see everything that we have. It would be much better with a condensed inventory, like that of City Story.

tabby's kitchen
10-18-10, 09:56 PM
Lost about 6k money already. =( Is there any work around this? It seems to happen inconsistently...

I have the same problem too... I literally spent 7000 retiling my entire restaurant... but I got the error message and EVERYTHING was lost. Teamlava, this is unacceptable. If the problem persists, you are going to have nobody playing this app.

That's the truth.

Unregistered
10-19-10, 10:07 AM
i had that same problem with my gems so did my brother

Unregistered
10-19-10, 06:36 PM
So what is the problem????

Unregistered
10-19-10, 06:48 PM
cooking. Turn my phone off and turned back on. Lost all progress.

Unregistered
10-19-10, 07:22 PM
this last time I got it i was buying tiles and got it, but this time it worked out for me, money stayed the same and all recent tiles stayed the same, however my food when back in time probably a half an hour, so it added back several hundred dishes probably totaling 1k or 2k $. so i'm not going to complain. Most of the time though i'm just clicking on dishes or collecting tips when it happens and i don't notice anything different.

Unregistered
10-20-10, 01:49 PM
I was tiling, and as I was placing another tile, I got the out of sync message and my tiles n money were gone. This happened on six occasions.

Unregistered
10-20-10, 06:10 PM
I cooked 6 buritos at nite b4 I go to sleep. In the morning after I prepared n served all 6 plates of buritos gone in a sec.. There should be more than 10 thousands portions food on the table but it just gone in a sudden. Few times happened but I thought the food was sold out but I notice this time actually the foods wasn't sold out was missing.. Spent time on this game n recco many of my friends to play n become neighbours but the food keep missing.. Received gifts as well always gone missing. When I received 4 plates of same food gift but when I use n served it only shows 1 plates of amount on the table.. :-(

opsalville1
10-20-10, 08:37 PM
ID: Opsalville1

I seem to get the "out of sync" & lost connection errors quite regularly. i know it isn't my setup because i do IT Troubleshooting and i tested everything on my ipad. these games seem to be the problem. IMHO TeamLava servers would be where the problem is at. Probably can't handle the load. Any rate, I am upset that I am losing money & food like everyone else.
The other issues I am having are when I use the oven I( black w/orange flames but not the one that cooks 20% faster) purchased, when the food is ready I have to click prepare about 100 times(I am not kidding) before the serve option finally shows.
The other issue is I purchased and used the blue patio stones, when I expanded I placed cement down so I could redesign the patio floor I went to put my patio stones in place and I keep getting the "you don't have enough gems" ! Well I have already purchased them so I shouldn't have to pay again.

Unregistered
10-20-10, 10:35 PM
I totally agree...bought some items, said that I successfully bought it, went out of the game and it was lost..game doesn't
Reload after exiting either.

Unregistered
10-21-10, 07:06 AM
restaurant out of sync with server. We have refreshed your restaurant.

I keep getting this error message. Nothing gets cooked because it keeps refreshing. Does anyone have any ideas.

Unregistered
10-21-10, 02:13 PM
I just had the same problem had about 3,000 in the bank put down 2 tyles and then it said out of sync and I had about 100 or so in the bank very annoying, I'll probably give up If it happens again

Unregistered
10-22-10, 12:42 PM
this time the out of sync came after I got a notification saying my food was ready and to serve before it spoils, well as soon as the game opened I got the out of sync and then noticed my eggs weren't ready anymore and had 35 mins left, then instantly got the message again, this time 1 set of eggs were ready while they other still had 35 mins (both were started at the same time) and a batch of stew appeared out of no where..... 150 servings, which a few hours before I had put out 300 servings of stew(gifted) and of coarse only 150 showed up and the missing stew never showed up like it usually does for me. So I'm guessing it synced to give me back my missing stew??? I always put out a single gift first before accepting another gift of the same food. This was the first time I did that in like 2 days and oddly enough this was the first sync issue I've had in 2 days..... Just a thought this is one of the sync issues

MeganRae
10-22-10, 03:11 PM
In the 2 days since I first downloaded the game, I have literally lost well over $10,000 from my account, 4 gems that I purchased, at least a thousand servings of food, gifts in my inventory, tips un-collected from tables, and a couple of furniture items! But most of my items disappeared after I exited the game and came back to it a few minutes later. When I say just a few minutes, I mean absolutely no more than 2 to 10 minutes! I don't understand how a food item that had over 100 servings remaining right before I exited the game is completely gone and other dishes' servings significantly less than they were after re-entering the game only 2 minutes later. And, to top things off, I only happened to earn only a fraction of the amount I should have earned if a serving is $1 or $2 while I "was away" (as the pop-up screen tells you when you return). I have had this happen almost every time. Seldomly, my game is actually correct when I return. I have also lost money, servings, and gifts just like everyone else in this forum, after I receive an error 'internet connection lost' or 'couldn't sync to server' message. Wow! As I am typing this, I just had approximately 190 servings of french toast, 230 servings of stew, 90 servings of bagels, and about 200 servings of cupcakes remaining on my counters, lost my internet connection, selected 'try again', got the 'while you were away, you made ($138)!' screen, selected 'ok', was returned to my restaurant, and there isn't any cupcakes or french toast!

This is really unacceptable! I think you (Team Lava) should re-issue all players the $40,000 and the same number of gems (I can't remember, I think it was 14) we all had to start out with once you fix this bug! That is what any good company would do, especially companies that value their customers!!! Because if it weren't for the large majority of loyal players like myself, who have been fans since the very beginning with Farm Story and do support you and purchase gems in all three of your games, you wouldn't be able to fund your operations and you would most likely fold. So if you (Team Lava) value your customers and want to continue to grow as a video game design company, then I suggest you do the right thing and give the players back the funds and gems they had to start the game out with and keep them happy. Because if you don't, I'm sure I won't be the only customer who will stop purchasing gems for Farm Story, City Story, and Restaurant Story altogether. Because I'm not going to support a company that does not recognize the value of their customers AND lacks morals and ethics in their core business principles or standards of operation.

FYI I have a 2nd generation 32GB iPod Touch running iOS 4.1

Unregistered
10-23-10, 12:04 AM
I just cooked 5 items for hours and had to close my restaurant cuz I was out of food... Finally they were all done... I go to place them out and they disappear completely disappear... Omg r u kidding me? I've never had these issues with farm or city... tHEN I put 5 new dishes out to cook and the very second they are placed out.... They spoiled. They were 8 hour dishes? I just lost money all over the place.. Not only does it take all day to cook enough food to keep open they eat too fast and u get too little back... 2 coins? Come on... Teamlava you better do something before u lose all of us. Not everyone has the money to put into games. At least in city u get 100 coins a cleaning... What is with the 2 coins a customer? I'm struggling to stay open in this economy and need teamlava help... Please make it a little easier here by giving us the right payoff this is jut not working and now all this waiting and my food disappears what is going on

Unregistered
10-23-10, 05:53 AM
i have exactly the same problem. when remodeling restaurant, if im purchasing new tiles...and placing them...it will say "out of sych" and then my items i just purchased are gone....and then im out thousands of dollars.

blake6248

Unregistered
10-23-10, 08:49 AM
I am getting out of sync as well. Completed dishes are not showing up on my counters! Teamlava did a complete fail this time around and obviously didn't put much work and testing of the game before getting it out there. Needed it out asap so people buy gems and then TL gets to laugh all the way to the bank!

Unregistered
10-23-10, 09:23 AM
Yesterday, it was three batches of grilled cheese sandwiches. Today, it was four batches of macaroni and cheese and some money and a chair. My game went out of sync. When I got back online, said items disappeared.

Unregistered
10-23-10, 05:34 PM
On wifi, throughout the day I have bought items (tiles/tables) then it will say that I am 'out of sync with the server' only to return with my recently purchased items gone and my money not returned. Earlier it was just $200-400, but just now I lost $2,500!

Good question... Idk...
But the thing is I have a similar problem with you
Mine didnt say I was out of sync
I spent hours leveling up to 18 and then i took a break,
Turned on my ipod again and went on Restaraunt
I was back to beginning of level 17
I really dont want to spend hours again getting back the 1,500 points.

Jimmy's Kitchen
10-23-10, 09:33 PM
The gifts that my neighbours sent me also gone missing, too. A moment ago, the push message shown that I have received gifts. The next moment, there were no such message again.

Unregistered
10-24-10, 12:12 AM
same problem

now im missing gems. i never spent any, now i have food that i canceled, half my tables & chairs are gone, and i dont think my money is all there either. i haven't put anything in the inventory either. the game got stuck in 'cant connect' or whatever comes up, but i could connect to farm story just fine.

you're making the game un-fun. let me start over this sync issue messed up my restaurant.

Sehana
10-24-10, 05:38 AM
I too also get out of sync error and lose the meals that I placed on counter.

Sehana
10-24-10, 09:53 AM
Oh also forgot to add that the gifted meals say there's x1000 but when places on counters are shown having only x100!?

Matchie
10-24-10, 01:41 PM
I played so hard today to get to the next level while I was waiting for the food to cook in another 10 minutes time, when I went into the game again my food turn mouldy and my level dropped from18 to 17. I lost abt 15000 worth of coins and 600XP. Yesterday was worse! I lost an entire level my XP dropped to beginning of 16 just after I reach level 17.And the food I cooked for more than 1 day end up jam at 2 days and had to recook. I thought I mistook my level so I didn't bother till it happened again! Sucks!

Unregistered
11-13-10, 02:28 AM
Geez this is gay.... It is taking forever to get my money! I keep coming back to my page and my money gets less! And food gets added to the bowls.. This is so weird and it sometime the city gets out of sync, I'm in the middle of making a dish and suddenly the city is out of sync with the server and then suddenly I have no money and cant finish!! Ahh so annoying and my macaronies aren't even boiled yet. Booo this is so stupid.

I'd: cutiepie001.

If someone can provide a solution that would be greaaaat

Unregistered
11-13-10, 02:42 PM
I've bought tables, chairs, serving tables and expensive food, I am always getting the "Oh Darn" out of Sync message. I've lost at least $12,000 probably more.

No sense in playing if I can only earn up to $500 without an error.

Unregistered
11-13-10, 07:57 PM
This morning i entered game, and it told me "you earned 23,000 coins" So my total coins maybe 107,788. ( To this two numbers i could remember the accurate after kilobit). But after i collected tips and tipped for my friends, the coins decrease into more than 97,000!!!
where are the money gone and why money disappear???

Unregistered
03-18-11, 03:18 AM
So all in all, there is no true solution to this? Because this is really pissing me the he'll off!

Unregistered
03-18-11, 09:27 AM
Same things happened again nd again nd again..... First, foods in BS. Then gifts in BS nd FS.
Now, in farm story, it happened twice in a row, I lost my gnomes! :,(

weeenn_less
11-01-11, 10:44 PM
me too...please help
ID : weeenn_less

greygull
11-01-11, 11:33 PM
This is an old thread, and will be closed. Please see a newer thread here about this issue - http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?19316-Why-in-the-world-does-the-amount-of-money-I-have-keep-changing