PDA

View Full Version : pop ups for all the games

airea514
10-22-11, 03:49 PM
i wish there weren't so many pop ups in all the games. having to exit out of 4 or 5 pop ups before i can even play and then every few minutes is very annoying. maybe change it so it only happens once when we open the app and then not again until after we reopen it. thanks

Rachael98
10-22-11, 03:53 PM
Download the apps it asks you to, and it will stop:).

xSnowyOwlx
10-22-11, 06:51 PM

Not all the popups are to download apps - in Farm Story there is a popup for the Halloween decor in the store that costs about 42 gems. So, now in order to stop a popup are you saying we have to pay money to get that item so the popup stops?
Downloading a free app, I don't care - being forced to spend money to stop some of the popups I do care and find manipulative.

briguynv
10-23-11, 03:14 AM

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!! WHY should I HELP TL by giving them FALSE download rates just to stop their INCESSANT & ANNOYING popups??? That's totally UNFAIR!! Makes me wonder about ALL their ratings! Including 5 star reviews... how many were 'faked', and not by real players! If they have lots of FAKE download stats, what else is fake?

I downloaded TWO games I didn't want way back when I first started... but then I realized how unfair that was, so I stopped. But just because I don't want to PUFF up their ratings, I should NOT have to suffer through 5-15 popups every time I play my game for 30 mins or LESS!

They could EASILY do ONE gem popup and even ONE "try game" pop up at the INITIAL start up... then NOTHING more during game play! Especially since it's usually a DELAYED reaction. I click on an appliance, and then LIFT my finger... and THEN a popup appears, and acts as though I clicked THE POPUP... which was IMPOSSIBLE because I never touched the screen when it was up. But it still exits my game, and makes me stop the page load, then reload the game, and suffer through the popups all over again! That is unfair to US the players!!

So NO... we shouldn't download every advertising popup they shove down our throats!! That's just RUDE of them to expect that and in my opinion, it's unfair and rude of anyone to suggest it.

Rachael98
10-23-11, 06:01 AM
Not all the popups are to download apps - in Farm Story there is a popup for the Halloween decor in the store that costs about 42 gems. So, now in order to stop a popup are you saying we have to pay money to get that item so the popup stops?
Downloading a free app, I don't care - being forced to spend money to stop some of the popups I do care and find manipulative.

That should disappear on its own, no?

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!! WHY should I HELP TL by giving them FALSE download rates just to stop their INCESSANT & ANNOYING popups??? That's totally UNFAIR!! Makes me wonder about ALL their ratings! Including 5 star reviews... how many were 'faked', and not by real players! If they have lots of FAKE download stats, what else is fake?

I downloaded TWO games I didn't want way back when I first started... but then I realized how unfair that was, so I stopped. But just because I don't want to PUFF up their ratings, I should NOT have to suffer through 5-15 popups every time I play my game for 30 mins or LESS!

They could EASILY do ONE gem popup and even ONE "try game" pop up at the INITIAL start up... then NOTHING more during game play! Especially since it's usually a DELAYED reaction. I click on an appliance, and then LIFT my finger... and THEN a popup appears, and acts as though I clicked THE POPUP... which was IMPOSSIBLE because I never touched the screen when it was up. But it still exits my game, and makes me stop the page load, then reload the game, and suffer through the popups all over again! That is unfair to US the players!!

So NO... we shouldn't download every advertising popup they shove down our throats!! That's just RUDE of them to expect that and in my opinion, it's unfair and rude of anyone to suggest it.

Yes, however, TL probably want more players, and I am personally willing to download for them even if I'm not planning to play them. They provide an excellent free source of entertainement for me, I want to try to give something back, and if it's simply downloading an app, so be it:).

ParisianShunn
10-25-11, 10:17 AM
What if you don't have space on your device?
Because of that my games are already slow, i can't download ALL their apps and don't intend to!
I dont think loads of pop ups are more efficient than just one every time we open the app, on the contrary!
As it is now you just don't feel like playing anymore...

pastrychef17
10-25-11, 12:16 PM
I've never downloaded the app the pop ups are for because I don't want to reward the annoyance tactic of the pop up coming up all the time. So I just put up with it and keep closing it as soon as it appears. Not ideal and rather irksome but I'd rather be irritated by the constant pop ups than cave in to the annoyance tactic and download something I don't want.

xSnowyOwlx
10-27-11, 04:23 PM
No, Rachael - it still hasn't gone away. I have 2 popups to exit out of in Farm because they want me to buy that when I have no intention to.