PDA

View Full Version : Does this make me a bad nbr???

ashley6373
10-19-11, 06:22 PM
I used to tip all my nbrs everyday but wasn't receiving the same in return so I started tipping everyother day and still nothing. So I started only tipping from my newsfeed daily. Even if the feed was a week old if its there I tip. Anyway the point is i rarely get tips from my nbrs and now they are deleting me left and right for what I am assuming is lack of tipping. Am I in the wrong here??

pinkster73
10-19-11, 06:39 PM
What you need is a good group of new neighbors. I water daily and almost all of mine do too. I have about 70

lesleypsg1
10-19-11, 06:52 PM
There's are many thoughts on tipping. Find what works for you. This is what I do.. I gift everyone in the morning, then I tip everyone who gifts back. I then tip my news feed. Works for me and keeps me at a 4 star, sometimes slipping to 3 overnight.

143Blue
10-19-11, 09:26 PM
nope ur not a bad nbr!! just find a better group of nbrs!! if it helps ill add u:) i tip and gift fav nbrs everyday ;)

ashley6373
10-19-11, 09:33 PM
Its the same as my username on here...didn't really think that through when I did that. Ha

ashley6373
10-19-11, 09:34 PM
Sorry my storm id that is

143Blue
10-19-11, 09:34 PM
lol i added u!:)

villegasallgone
10-19-11, 09:35 PM
You are not a bad neighbor. If your neighbors don't tip back for a while, you should be deleting them. I used to do what lesleypsg1 up there does, but gifting has been messed up for about a month now.

ashley6373
10-19-11, 09:39 PM
I would delete but I need nbrs for expanding. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't practicing bad nbr etiquette

pinkberry22
10-20-11, 03:12 AM
Nah u are not the bad nbr if tip and they don't tip back then they are the bad here
and if they deleted u it's their loss :3
U can add new and nicer nbrs

Rachael98
10-20-11, 03:54 AM
No, that doesn't make you a bad neighbour at all! Try deleting all under-2*s and building up a new list of neighbours. Always give a warning, then delete inactive ones (I do that in Farm-I'm at my personal max. capacity, but with the exception of 3, two of which are ill, and taking a mandatory break, all water pretty much daily).

starstar2
10-20-11, 04:43 AM
A good neighbor minimum need 2stars just as my nick.
You need to tip back those who tip u is the bare minimum.

Follow this 2 rules n u r a good neighbor.
Often 0 to 1 star will be deleted; this seems to be the culture.

barleycoon
10-20-11, 05:05 AM
No your not a bad nbr at all, there are good nbrs out their it's just finding them.
I'll add you to.

ashley6373
10-20-11, 12:50 PM
Thanks everyone!

casadolce
10-20-11, 01:15 PM
I used to think that neighbors who don't tip are "bad" and I delete anyone that's rated under 3. Now after playing multiple stories for months, have accumulated more coins than I can use, and the games are not going anywhere (everything needs gems, and lots of gems), receiving tips is not one of my top priorities. Also I have a busy life outside of TL games and don't spend as much time on the games as I did before. Does this make me "bad"? Maybe. I still try to return the favor of tipping the ones who tipped me and the ones who wrote on my wall saying I was full, but I don't just go around tipping everyone to keep my star-rating at 4. I'm between 2-3 instead. Sometimes I secretly hope my neighbors don't tip me so I won't have to tip back. I always accept gift requests, and read my wall everyday to send special tools requested before gifting the rest of my neighbors the most valuable gifts. I have not been accepting new neighbor requests as I know I can't keep up with them. I have only about 30-40 neighbors left in each game.

I think star-level is only one of the few criteria of a good/bad neighbor. As long as I'm being fair and not taking advantage of my neighbor's tips and gifts, I won't call myself "bad". Maybe we can have an "Add Me" thread for players who prefer to just gift and not tip?

Just my two cents.

bletchingdon
10-20-11, 01:22 PM
I would delete neighbours with 0 or 1 star as the chances are quite likely they are not playing.

dalula
10-20-11, 04:38 PM
No I think youre a nice nbr. the people who delete u r mean. i have the same problem as you! i have a CLEAR post saying "at school, cant go on, pls dont delete" or "on vacation, cant go on, pls dont delete", and i tip most of my nbrs at some point. but guess what: i guess they cant read or something but some people deleted me! :(

dalula
10-20-11, 04:40 PM
yes i agree maybe you are a 0-2 star rating so thats why youre being deleted. Try tipping all of the people who send you gifts. Thats what i do. i rarely accept gifts but i tip everyone who sends me a gift and my * rating doesnt slip that much.

ashley6373
10-20-11, 06:27 PM
I am 3 on the rating thing. I always have been. Never below or above. Steady at 3. Got some good nbrs out of this post so things are looking up:)

easby06
10-21-11, 07:09 AM
I delete on a daily basis for cause. First, I don't ever ask anyone to be my neighbor. Second, I post my STORMID on my wall for all to see. Third, I have my neighbor rules stated and posted before you ask to be my neighbor. And finally, if neighbors do not keep up their end of the "contract" as posted on my wall, I delete. I limit myself to a certain number of neighbors. By doing so, I get to know them and their shop name. It is also much easier for me to know who visit and gift. I visit and gift daily to all my neighbors and this is what i expect in return. A person should not submit a neighbor request if they know they can't keep up with the "contract". This is called a breech of contract. Is this being mean? No, it just th way I play this game.

kooky panda
10-21-11, 07:55 AM
I feel the most important thing about finding and keeping nbrs is to keep nbrs that play the game as you do.
I do understand when some ppl only have limited time to play and usually just want nbrs to exchange gifts only. But I try to keep the nbrs that play almost daily
(at least 4-5 times a week) and return my wall posts.
I do have a second farm game on my ipad, but when I add I tell ppl that I am only a gifting nbr only and if I do visit I usually do not post on their wall.
So most of the nbrs I have on that game play the same. We are all happy.

You can always post on one the adme threads, and state what type of nbrs you are looking for.

ashley6373
10-21-11, 10:58 AM
I wouldn't judge someone who didn't tip everyday bc though I do have the time to tip daily (while my kids are in school) I understand not everyone has that time. But unfortunately I picked a less than desirable group of nbrs when I started. I have started weeding out the nontippers (those who never ever tip) and those who seem to no longer be playing and adding my new awesome nbrs I got from this post. Thanks everyone!

easby06
10-23-11, 09:15 PM
I wouldn't judge someone who didn't tip everyday bc though I do have the time to tip daily (while my kids are in school) I understand not everyone has that time. But unfortunately I picked a less than desirable group of nbrs when I started. I have started weeding out the nontippers (those who never ever tip) and those who seem to no longer be playing and adding my new awesome nbrs I got from this post. Thanks everyone!
What is the name of your store?

petrabooty
10-25-11, 12:10 PM
Sum peopl say thay only keep nghbrs with lvl 3 or 4 is dat a gd idea?

ashley6373
10-28-11, 08:03 AM
My store is Ashley

ashley6373
10-28-11, 08:06 AM
I am finally a lvl 4 in most games. I tip all who tip me and all my 2 3 &4 nbrs. I now see how hard it can be to hold a lvl4 so I figure 2 and up at least they seem to be trying.

barleycoon
10-28-11, 09:30 AM

You're so kind nbr, thx you.

MizCricket
10-29-11, 07:52 AM
I invited you!

I gift and tip daily, and I haven't been keeping much track of the neighbors who don't. Maybe I should! LOL I figure visiting them only takes a few seconds, and I get some coins, exp points or both out of it even if they're not tipping back.

I notice some just gift, some do both, and some do nothing. The ones that really drive me nuts are the ones that never clear their tips or who don't stock their shop with many items so I can never tip them. They tend to be the same ones with a 0 rating, and they never show up in my news feed so they're not tipping back anyway. I used to make repeat visits, but now I don't repeat if I know their shops are always like that. I only repeat visit my good nbrs to tip when they're full because I know I've just come at the wrong time!

I think the whole tipping thing would be easier if there was something in your nbr list that showed if you have tipped the full 6 for each nbr that da kind of like the gift button that grays out once you've gifted.

ashley6373
10-29-11, 03:30 PM
I also feel there has to be an easier way to gift and tip. Haha. At least not having to go to the social menu then your nbrs then scroll through everytime you want to tip. But I don't know the 1st thing about the inner working of games so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. I have noticed people being increasingly full or with a lack of items to tip so I just leave a message that I was there and some message me back when they are clear or restocked so it works out pretty well. Thanks for the add btw:)

caprimom
11-01-11, 03:14 PM
I gift & tip back to everyone who sends a gift, leaves a note on my wall, or shows up in the News Feed. I have a lot of neighbors so some I don't interact with at all. I don't mind if they delete me. It usually doesn't happen because they're not active themselves so they aren't culling their list. I have been deleted as well. I took a hiatus from the game and I did not mind being deleted. Everyone has their own playing style and it's simply a game so I don't stress over it. It's supposed to be fun! :)

caprimom
11-01-11, 03:15 PM
By the way, feel free to add me. My id is my screen name :)