PDA

View Full Version : How about you hire people Team Lava?

Faufiffon
10-19-11, 11:58 AM
A simple google search on 'Team Lava' or 'Storm8' brings up results telling all the same story: money is flooding in your pockets.

- And yet every time there's an update, more bugs show up on all devices. Gifting, sending/accepting material parts, food and money disappearing and so on. What happened today, floors, decorations and doors disappearing, is just the last 'bug' in a long list. I think it's unacceptable.
- Android users have been waiting for months for a thing as simple as a Lemon soda recipe. I'm not even talking about the sushi bar, collectibles, badges, etc. Yeah yeah I know you're 'working on it'. Right...

Just hire more employees. Not to improve your games. Just to make them bug-free and with the same features on all devices/OS...

filo66
10-19-11, 12:43 PM
I couldn't agree more.

GroupMagma
10-19-11, 12:45 PM
A simple Google search for Storm8 Jobs would also show we are hiring aggressively for several positions. By all means, if you know any qualified candidates, send them our way.

filo66
10-19-11, 12:49 PM
I looked yesterday and saw one entry level developer position, one game designer, one test and two artist positions.

IMO that isn't particularly aggressive but it all depends on the current team sizes, your ability to train and integrate, etc.

By the same token, a company that made a million dollars in one day could afford a few more bodies.

GroupMagma
10-19-11, 12:53 PM
I looked yesterday and saw one entry level developer position, one game designer, one test and two artist positions.

IMO that isn't particularly aggressive but it all depends on the current team sizes, your ability to train and integrate, etc.

By the same token, a company that made a million dollars in one day could afford a few more bodies.

There is one listing, but that doesn't imply there's one position open. For example, for my own department (User Relations... see how good I am at that? :p ), we're hiring multiple people for the same position.

Also, we are hiring for multiple engineering positions for varying level of experience. It's not so much "entry-level" as it is our engineering position. TL does have leadership for specific departments, but mostly, the Organization Chart is flat. It's one of the reasons we're awesome. :)

filo66
10-19-11, 01:08 PM
There is one listing, but that doesn't imply there's one position open. For example, for my own department (User Relations... see how good I am at that? :p ), we're hiring multiple people for the same position.

Ahh. Generic listings for multiple openings. Gotcha.

Also, we are hiring for multiple engineering positions for varying level of experience. It's not so much "entry-level" as it is our engineering position.

Interesting. A bit strange from a "corporate" perspective, but...

TL does have leadership for specific departments, but mostly, the Organization Chart is flat. It's one of the reasons we're awesome. :)

Well, different, anyway.

Whatever works (and trust me, massively multi-tiered org-charts rarely do...)