PDA

View Full Version : Closing hours

Bigwheelz
10-17-10, 05:41 AM
I would love it if we could close our restaurant overnight. That way when we open in the morning, our popularity is still high and we can serve all the food that was cooking overnight.

Unregistered
10-17-10, 05:59 AM
Brilliant suggestion

Kaohsiung
10-17-10, 06:42 AM
I dunno about you guys, but it takes me like two minutes to get back up to max popularity after my store opens

Unregistered
10-17-10, 06:54 AM
I would love it if we could close our restaurant overnight. That way when we open in the morning, our popularity is still high and we can serve all the food that was cooking overnight.

I thinks this is a great idea

deadpix
10-17-10, 08:53 AM
Move your Host Table against the restaurant door. It blocks the flow of human traffic; no "IN" and no "OUT". No change to your rating and no food consumed.

I've been testing this for the last 20 mins and it seems to work. I've gone to visit my neighbors and even after spending five minutes away, nothing changes when I return except that food that was on the stove gets cooked.

This seems to be a possible way to "close" the restaurant and stock up.

Unregistered
10-17-10, 10:09 AM
Move your Host Table against the restaurant door. It blocks the flow of human traffic; no "IN" and no "OUT". No change to your rating and no food consumed.

I've been testing this for the last 20 mins and it seems to work. I've gone to visit my neighbors and even after spending five minutes away, nothing changes when I return except that food that was on the stove gets cooked.

This seems to be a possible way to "close" the restaurant and stock up.

thanks for the tip!

deadpix
10-17-10, 04:44 PM
thanks for the tip!

Hmmm, looks like the rating still goes down after a couple of hours. Oh well, at least this gives me time to restock and properly open each day.

Unregistered
10-17-10, 06:30 PM
I would add a dish that is used when you have run out of food overnight that automatically kicks in. I inevitably wake up in the morning and all my food is gone even though I took care of everything before going to sleep. This dish would not pay anything and would only allow your popularity to be stable until you can come back. Maybe a soup and crackers or something?

Unregistered
10-17-10, 07:59 PM
As long as you block the door you can pretend it's closing time. When I need time to prepare my buffet I use a chair to block the door (looks cool) or I bust out the food gifts my neighbors sent that I let stack up to 1000+. If you decide to block the door it won't take long for your popularity to go back up to 50 like maybe 5min and popularity is only useful for serving dishes faster so you can get money faster. I prefer they work on other things like more coins per customer or more servings per dish. The wait time to prepare isn't balanced with how fast the customers consume stuff like stew and pizza.

Unregistered
10-17-10, 09:42 PM
I agree! I actually came on here to suggest the same thing. Hope they do it.

Unregistered
11-03-10, 04:46 AM
Hmmm, looks like the rating still goes down after a couple of hours. Oh well, at least this gives me time to restock and properly open each day.

That's odd! I've been blocking my door for the past 24 hours, and none of my stats have changed.

deadpix
11-03-10, 05:44 AM
That's odd! I've been blocking my door for the past 24 hours, and none of my stats have changed.

There's nothing odd about it; it was a bug and it has been fixed.

Bobomb
11-03-10, 06:29 AM
There's nothing odd about it; it was a bug and it has been fixed.

Hahaha! So serious! Unregistered Anon was just being conversational.

Unregistered
11-03-10, 03:28 PM
Why is the popularity of the restaurants so important to everyone? You can get it back to 100 effortlessly.

Unregistered
11-04-10, 08:14 AM

I've been blocking my door every night for two/three weeks now and never lost stats. The reason I block the door is to stock up on food supplies. Ive actually started blocking the door ( closing restaurant) for a day at a time so I have huge amounts of food. In the long run it makes no difference. Just how I play!

Unregistered
11-04-10, 05:48 PM
Why is the popularity of the restaurants so important to everyone? You can get it back to 100 effortlessly.

That's like a few coins lost (actual number depends on what you're serving) when it's not at max cause you don't have max ppl coming in to eat, duh! Haha actually yeah, I could care less what it is, they make it so easy to get it to max I don't even know why they bother having it there at all. They should just take it out.