PDA

View Full Version : What's in the magic box?

Unregistered
10-17-10, 03:31 AM
Does anyone know what's in the magic box? All I know about is the mighty stove.

Unregistered
10-17-10, 05:39 AM
1st magic oven
2nd piano
3rd fountain
4th flowers

Unregistered
10-17-10, 09:17 AM
There's also
- a musical band
- a swan ice sculpture
- a water fountain

Unregistered
10-17-10, 11:25 AM
Thanks so much!

Unregistered
10-17-10, 11:31 AM
Any pictures to share of what is in the magic box?

Unregistered
10-17-10, 11:46 AM
See acfly's Id

Fantastic restaurant... The Swan

Spent a fortune probably

Truly inspirational

Unregistered
10-17-10, 01:25 PM
See also love米蘭〓〓
ID is dorothee0101
amazing restaurant

Unregistered
10-21-10, 01:27 AM
how do we get the items in the magic box, besides paying for it with gems?

Unregistered
10-21-10, 03:13 PM
1st magic oven
2nd piano
3rd fountain
4th flowers
what does the magic oven do?

Unregistered
10-22-10, 10:25 PM
I actually won something; 50 gems for restaurant of the week. Decided to buy a magic box and got a claw machine...does not go with my decor.

Unregistered
10-23-10, 03:14 PM
I bought the magic box i just got flowers.4 25 gems WTF. what happen> why one item only
can somebody tell me if this happen too then
thanks

Unregistered
11-16-10, 03:58 PM
Does anyone know what's so good with the mighty stove? I thought it cut the cooking times down but it doesn't seem like anythings been done, can someone let me know what it does please, thanks. Add me duff mansion

Unregistered
11-18-10, 04:11 PM
See also janiv restaurant, its amazing.

Unregistered
12-02-10, 11:10 AM
Please could a few more people tell us what they got in the magic box each time they opened it? Do you ever get items that you can buy with coins?

Unregistered
12-02-10, 04:53 PM
Does the magic box and the magic shell just give yer one prize or does it give yer 4? I just bought one and got a waterfall and was expecting 4 items?

Unregistered
12-02-10, 05:17 PM
Does the magic box and the magic shell just give yer one prize or does it give yer 4? I just bought one and got a waterfall and was expecting 4 items?

It only gives you one... why would you expect four?

There are just four rarity levels - Exceptional, Rare, Uncommon, and Common. You have a 54% chance of getting a Common item, a 35% chance of getting an Uncommon item, a 10% chance of getting a Rare item, and a 1% chance of getting an Exceptional item. You got an Indoor Waterfall, which is an Uncommon item.

Unregistered
02-08-11, 12:57 AM
I got a white fireplace. It looks pretty good. Goes ok with my theme. If u want to see check it out: Jasons Deli. Id: heathersjason

Unregistered
02-09-11, 06:54 PM
I recieved a jazz set. I picked the second one. If you would like to take a look, go to chiquitanana.

Unregistered
02-10-11, 12:01 PM
so uh how do you visit a specific persons' restaurant without adding them as a friend?

I don't think this is possible.

TrueFangz
02-25-11, 10:44 PM
Well I'm looking for a piano, and my wife is looking for a fireplace. So far, she has gotten 3 flower vases in a row. LAME. She also got two seahorse sculptures LAME, and a white water fountain.

I have opened 6 magic boxes. I got 3 flowers, a claw machine, and 2 water fountains. LAME LAME LAME.
The claw machine is actually ok, but getting 3 flowers, which when I went to sell one, I got absolutely nothing for it.
LAME

I think it really sucks that you can't select what you want. several things out there don't match people's decor.

Honestly, I'm getting really tired of buying gems when I'm not getting the **** I want. What a waste of money!!!

I also just love the fact that you can't sell your old floor tiles or wallpapers.

Unregistered
03-05-11, 01:11 AM
Does anyone know which prize number the Jazz set is?

From an earlier post, we can assume that the percentile chance of getting 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, but does anyone know the chance of getting an item within those prize numbers? Such as "what's the chance of getting a claw machine verses an indoor fountain" (assuming that they are both 3rd place prizes?)?

And is the mighty stove the only 1st prize?

Sorry if I'm asking what's been already answered - couldn't find the answers, so if anyone had prior posted it, please link me ^^

Unregistered
03-05-11, 01:21 PM
I got a claw machine and a piano today,they look OK.

my ID is kingkingcookie if you want to take a look

Unregistered
03-05-11, 01:53 PM
When you click magic box info in the game it says

Exceptional- 1st
Rare- 3rd
Uncommon- 2nd
Common- 4th

what do the rankings mean?

Unregistered
03-06-11, 12:01 AM
If you sell a magic box item, do you get anything back?

I have an item worth 20 gems, does this mean I get 2 gems when I sell it (the normal 10% sell rate)?

Unregistered
03-06-11, 02:23 AM
When you sell any item that required gems to purchase, you'll get coins back, not gems. Some of the things, like the vases (correct me if I'm wrong) are worth 0 coins though, so you get nothing.

Also~

As earlier stated, the ranks that is given when you click on the info box is the rank of the prizes available.

1st - Mighty Ovan (...not as thrilling as it sounds...>.>' )
2nd - Grand Piano (and others I'm not 100% sure on)
3rd - Indoor Fountain, Fireplace, Claw Machine
4th - Flower vases

There's a 1% chance of the 1st prize; 10% to get the 2nd; 35% to get the 3rd; and 54% to get the 4th.

Unregistered
03-06-11, 05:38 AM
When you sell any item that required gems to purchase, you'll get coins back, not gems. Some of the things, like the vases (correct me if I'm wrong) are worth 0 coins though, so you get nothing.

Also~

As earlier stated, the ranks that is given when you click on the info box is the rank of the prizes available.

1st - Mighty Ovan (...not as thrilling as it sounds...>.>' )
2nd - Grand Piano (and others I'm not 100% sure on)
3rd - Indoor Fountain, Fireplace, Claw Machine
4th - Flower vases

There's a 1% chance of the 1st prize; 10% to get the 2nd; 35% to get the 3rd; and 54% to get the 4th.

So then there's a 10% chance to get uncommon, and 35% chance to get rare? Seems backwards to me, I'd think rare is rarer than uncommon.

BTW, add me to the list of people who defied the odds with the magic box. Last night I bought 3 of them, all 3 were common, and won't be used. Wish I could gift them to someone who might get some use out of them.

Unregistered
03-06-11, 09:09 AM
BTW, add me to the list of people who defied the odds with the magic box. Last night I bought 3 of them, all 3 were common, and won't be used. Wish I could gift them to someone who might get some use out of them.

I bought a 4th magic box, figuring the chances of getting a 4th straight common item were pretty slim and I was bound to get something cool to add to my store.

Another flower vase.

Bought another magic box item, using the same logic as before, no way I get 5 straight common items.

Ice sculpture (common)

At this point I decided I was going to buy magic box items one at a time until I got something other than a common item, just to see how unlucky I really am. After the 6th straight common I got an uncommon, the claw game. The chances of 6 straight common items is 2.4%.

Its a shame I'm so unlucky, really wanted that big fountain in the middle of my restaurant. 7 items, don't care for any of them. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem supporting team lava, and I'm not trying to get my money back, I just want people to know that if you are going to be upset if you get an unusable magic box item then DO NOT buy one because there's a 98% chance you are just going to end up unhappy and $5 lighter.

Unregistered
03-07-11, 11:55 PM
I have only bought one box and it was the jazz set 2nd place. Very satisfied, but deathly afraid to try againand get nothing :(

Unregistered
03-08-11, 08:51 AM
I've bought only one too, with the gems I saved up from mastering recipes, and got.. a vase. What are the odds I'll try again with gems bought with real cash?

Unregistered
03-09-11, 04:27 PM
So then there's a 10% chance to get uncommon, and 35% chance to get rare? Seems backwards to me, I'd think rare is rarer than uncommon.

10% to get prize 2, which is "rare". 35% to get prize 3, which is "uncommon". (at least, that's how I believe the titles are ranked).

The chances of 6 straight common items is 2.4%.

I'm not sure how you go that number (guessing through statistical calculations?) but from what I understand, the chances are "reset" every time you buy a box, so they don't affect each other. "Common" items are prize 4, which is at 54% chance of getting it - so lots of times people fall into this 'luck', I believe.

Unregistered
03-09-11, 04:29 PM
I have only bought one box and it was the jazz set 2nd place. Very satisfied, but deathly afraid to try againand get nothing :(

D: !!! I envy you! I was hoping to get that when I bought the box TT_TT. Too bad there's no trading system.

Unregistered
03-09-11, 05:37 PM
10% to get prize 2, which is "rare". 35% to get prize 3, which is "uncommon". (at least, that's how I believe the titles are ranked).

I'm not sure how you go that number (guessing through statistical calculations?) but from what I understand, the chances are "reset" every time you buy a box, so they don't affect each other. "Common" items are prize 4, which is at 54% chance of getting it - so lots of times people fall into this 'luck', I believe.

Prize 2 is Uncommon. Prize 3 is Rare. At least according to the latest version on Android. Maybe iphone is different?

I'd assumed the magic box odds aren't reset after each time you open one, that's how I came to 2.4%. 54% ^ 6 = 2.4%

Unregistered
03-09-11, 06:14 PM
I purchased 2nd magic box, how come 4th box is given to me :(

Unregistered
03-09-11, 09:32 PM
Prize 2 is Uncommon. Prize 3 is Rare. At least according to the latest version on Android. Maybe iphone is different?

I'd assumed the magic box odds aren't reset after each time you open one, that's how I came to 2.4%. 54% ^ 6 = 2.4%

Perhaps...I don't see the little "info" button any longer, so I can't confirm it. Despite the titles though, the percents are still the same for "1st, 2nd, 3rd, & 4th", I believe.

And yeah, sounds like they reset each time a box is opened, only because it sounds like lots of buyers get 4th prize (the flower vase) frequently, despite the amount of boxes they buy.

But yeah...more often then not, users' opinions are skewed by what they get. I'm not bitter about my wins, but at the same time, I was aiming for something else - so I'll have to admit my own biased view on the box and the probabilities. That's gambling/taking risks though, yeah?

TinyCookies
03-14-11, 12:42 AM
Got the mighty oven on the first try... Not as thrilling as it was made out to be >.>' too bad it's not the mighty "stove" instead

Superyalda
05-13-11, 12:19 PM
I've seen a few recommendations to look at other restaurants but how can you do it without actually inviting as a new neighbor? I'd like to see some of the items discussed here.:confused:

xokay
05-13-11, 12:56 PM
I've seen a few recommendations to look at other restaurants but how can you do it without actually inviting as a new neighbor? I'd like to see some of the items discussed here.:confused:

Wondering the EXACT same thing! Does anyone know?

bawpotter
05-14-11, 03:30 AM
What I do is invite the person, look at their restaurant, and then keep them as neighbor for a few days. If they gift and tip, the I keep them. If not, I delete them. If you don't want extra neighbors, just invite them, look at their restaurant and when they become your neighbor, delete them.

Mogwai4111
05-16-11, 11:38 AM
Regarding the common flower vases, so far I have seen red, yellow, purple, and orange colors. Has anyone seen any additional colors or are those the only 4?

mamatlee11
06-10-11, 05:03 PM
I got the jazz set first try!! I'm totally scared to do it again cuz it took dayd for it to show up in my inventory.

dddscafe
07-06-11, 11:04 PM
i think the magic box is a rip off - i bought the magic box twice and got a claw machine both times - is there anyway to refuse what is revealed and get your gems/money back

gobblies
07-07-11, 12:35 AM
oh im so jealous dddscafe! i am tempted to get the box again to get those items......

kooky panda
11-04-11, 09:33 PM
Here is a more current thread for what is in all the boxes for Restaurant Story http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18092-The-NICE-and-(MOSTLY)-ACCURATE-Resource-for-all-things-from-the-Special-Boxes&p=142158&viewfull=1#post142158