PDA

View Full Version : Best Meal Ever: Appetizers

bawpotter
10-17-11, 05:43 PM
For those of you that have seen the Food Network show: "Best Thing I Ever Ate", you probably know what I am getting at. I am planning to do this for numerous different sub-categories, each running for a few days. I find it fitting to start with appetizers, and the last thing is a suprise, but there should be 3 to 5 other things in between. So, what was the best appetizer you have ever eaten, and if you made it, tell us about it, (you could even share the recipe) or if somebody else made it, tell us about that, or maybe you ordered it in a restaurant! So, vote on the poll, and post more info here!

Hawaiianmomma
10-17-11, 07:39 PM

Conchiglie Alla Vodka

pinkster73
10-17-11, 08:02 PM
It was a cheese plate at the Laurier Lounge. (French restaurant). It had a XXX aged white cheddar cheese (that's ten years I think) and it was sooooo good. You could put a tiny piece in your mouth and there was so much flavor. Awesomeness in a cube. I got some at the farmers market for at home.

bletchingdon
10-20-11, 11:21 AM
I made a 3 layer double chocolate fudge cake! It was the best!

Rachael98
10-20-11, 11:25 AM
I made a 3 layer double chocolate fudge cake! It was the best!

That sounds food...

Rachael98
10-20-11, 11:26 AM
That sounds food...

Oops...awesome ironic typo:p!

bawpotter
10-20-11, 12:13 PM
Uhh... well, chocolate cake is a dessert. We are looking for appetizers. But thanks!

TeasTeas
10-22-11, 11:29 PM
Momos! Best I ever had were from an old Tibetan lady that used to make them for me.
I now crave them constantly!
None match up to hers thus far!
Oh yummy..
(momo is like a potsticker or Guyoza)
...now im hungry

pinkster73
10-23-11, 01:36 AM
Momos! Best I ever had were from an old Tibetan lady that used to make them for me.
I now crave them constantly!
None match up to hers thus far!
Oh yummy..
(momo is like a potsticker or Guyoza)
...now im hungry

If you're already hungry then read the French fries poll thread. Mmmmm

Rachael98
10-23-11, 06:24 AM
If you're already hungry then read the French fries poll thread. Mmmmm

The FF thread, if anyone's interested, can be found by clicking the link here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18890-French-fries):) (I hope:p).