PDA

View Full Version : French fries

redbites
10-17-11, 01:02 PM
Where do you get your french fries from and why?

Rachael98
10-17-11, 01:05 PM
Lol...trying to get that thread back on-topic:D.

Anyway...I don't! I really very rarely eat "Fast Food" (as in maybe once a year or so), and when I do I go to the local Subway.
If I have chips, I'd just have them at home.
Actually, admittedly I do go to some Fish & Chip Shops...but again, very rarely (once a year).

pinkster73
10-17-11, 01:05 PM
McDonald's all the way! I especially love the soggy ones. Yummy

pinkster73
10-17-11, 01:07 PM
Lol...trying to get that thread back on-topic:D.

Anyway...I don't! I really very rarely eat "Fast Food" (as in maybe once a year or so), and when I do I go to the local Subway.
If I have chips, I'd just have them at home.
Actually, admittedly I do go to some Fish & Chip Shops...but again, very rarely (once a year).

When I'm in England I go to the local "chippy" and get chips and mushy peas. Nice.

ariesblu
10-17-11, 01:08 PM
Lol, I didn't even realize KFC did fries. I think Burger King fries are pretty good (at least where I am), as well as In-N-Out.

pinkster73
10-17-11, 01:11 PM
Lol, I didn't even realize KFC did fries. I think Burger King fries are pretty good (at least where I am), as well as In-N-Out.

KFC fries are bad. But their gravy is the best. Now if I could get McDonald's fries with some KFC gravy on them...... Heaven. (I write this as a eat my fat free whole wheat spaghetti with no sauce just fresh ground pepper and lemon juice ha ha)

nmishii
McDonalds. Have always liked them.

Rachael98
When I'm in England I go to the local "chippy" and get chips and mushy peas. Nice.

Yep...we have one of the best in the country. I suppose I should use it more. And now for the history lesson-anyone know why they're so popular here (I do...you can have a brownie point if you get it:p)?

I have to admit 2 things here:
-I've never had a KFC;
-I've no idea what In-N-Out is...:o

ariesblu
10-17-11, 01:12 PM
KFC fries are bad. But their gravy is the best. Now if I could get McDonald's fries with some KFC gravy on them...... Heaven. (I write this as a eat my fat free whole wheat spaghetti with no sauce just fresh ground pepper and lemon juice ha ha)
I literally just laughed out loud.

redbites
10-17-11, 01:12 PM
KFC fries are delish:D when they aren't sloppy and covered in wayyyy to much salt

pinkster73
10-17-11, 01:13 PM
In and out burger is an American thing?

ariesblu
10-17-11, 01:15 PM
Yeah, though more of a West Coast thing if anything else. It's a family chain, and so far they wish to keep it small, though it's extremely popular.

Rachael98
10-17-11, 01:16 PM

Yeah, though more of a West Coast thing if anything else. It's a family chain, and so far they wish to keep it small, though it's extremely popular.

That's why I've never heard of it then.
This thread reminds me of the Supersize Me program...I never got to see the end but it looked quite interesting.

pinkster73
10-17-11, 01:16 PM
I get commercials here (Canada) for Sonic. We don't have it here but it looks like I want to go there

redbites
10-17-11, 01:17 PM
Lol supersize me made me cringe

Rachael98
10-17-11, 01:20 PM
Lol supersize me made me cringe

Ditto:/ Disgusting really. What was it..in a day, 40% of the US population will have at least one meal at a Fast Food restaurant?
And I don't suppose that 10% are RS or anything either:p.

nmishii
10-17-11, 01:20 PM
KFC gravy makes me burp all the time.

I had fish and chips and mushy peas once in Windsor. I wasn't sure about the peas when I ordered, but it was good. Better than the cole slaw served as a side here.

Rachael98
10-17-11, 01:21 PM
KFC gravy makes me burp all the time.

I had fish and chips and mushy peas once in Windsor. I wasn't sure about the peas when I ordered, but it was good. Better than the cole slaw served as a side here.

Mushy peas have e-numbers...:o

redbites
10-17-11, 01:22 PM
Mushy peas have e-numbers...:o
I gag on mushy peas :( because I can't digest them

nmishii
10-17-11, 01:23 PM
I get commercials here (Canada) for Sonic. We don't have it here but it looks like I want to go there

They have good drinks but I don't care for the food.

Rachael98
10-17-11, 01:25 PM
I gag on mushy peas :( because I can't digest them

Oh...thanks for that...:/
I don't like them actually...because I once had an unfortunate encounter involving mushy peas with vinegar...just wayyyyyyyyy too much vinegar though:(!!!

They have good drinks but I don't care for the food.

Actually, I don't know what Sonic is either...
But don't you just have a standard:
-Coke
-Diet Coke
-Lemonade
-'Fanta'
?

redbites
10-17-11, 01:29 PM
oops I should have added "Red Rooster" to the poll

pinkster73
10-17-11, 01:29 PM
Oh...thanks for that...:/
I don't like them actually...because I once had an unfortunate encounter involving mushy peas with vinegar...just wayyyyyyyyy too much vinegar though:(!!!

Actually, I don't know what Sonic is either...
But don't you just have a standard:
-Coke
-Diet Coke
-Lemonade
-'Fanta'
?

Oh no, on their commercials they have all kinds of milkshakes and stuff like that. With whipped cream and sprinkles

pinkster73
10-17-11, 01:30 PM

Never heard of it

nmishii
10-17-11, 01:30 PM
Sonic menu. Its a drive in and you eat in your car.
http://www.sonicdrivein.com/menu/sections.do

KFC sells chicken. It once stood for Kentucky Fried Chicken.

nmishii
10-17-11, 01:31 PM
Never heard of it

Same here.

redbites
10-17-11, 01:33 PM
Never heard of it
It's an Australian fast food chain

Rachael98
10-17-11, 01:35 PM

Never heard of it

Nor have I...divulge:p...

Sonic menu. Its a drive in and you eat in your car.
http://www.sonicdrivein.com/menu/sections.do

KFC sells chicken. It once stood for Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Wow...they look like they have far more in their rolls than anywhere here:O

pinkster73
10-17-11, 01:36 PM

Ah ok. I've never been to Australia. But if I go I will get some red rooster fries

Rachael98
10-17-11, 01:38 PM
Ah ok. I've never been to Australia. But if I go I will get some red rooster fries

I'm only coming if I get Green Rooster Fries:p.
Two places I'd most like to go:
-USA;
-Australia.
But who needs to go there...I have everyone here:)!

nmishii
10-17-11, 01:40 PM

Never been to Australia, although I would like to one day.

The closest I've gotten to Australian food is the Outback Restaurant. :D

redbites
10-17-11, 01:40 PM
But the best thing about it is the...................... ROOSTER!!!!!!!!!!

nmishii
10-17-11, 01:41 PM
I'm only coming if I get Green Rooster Fries:p.
Two places I'd most like to go:
-USA;
-Australia.
But who needs to go there...I have everyone here:)!

Yes, we've got US, Australia, Canada and the UK on this thread talking about food. ariesblu, where are you from?

redbites
10-17-11, 01:43 PM
I think there are a few kiwis on the forums

greygull
10-17-11, 01:44 PM
5 Guys fries - compliments the burgers well! (Those are just so yummy!!!)

Edit - and Chic-Fil-A Waffle Fries

Both of those places are an hour drive away from my house!

Rachael98
10-17-11, 01:47 PM

Not heard of those-_-...

nmishii
10-17-11, 01:48 PM

Never heard of 5 Guys. Did a google on it, and guess what, there's one in my city, 4 miles from where I live. I'll go check it out.

Rachael98
10-17-11, 01:49 PM
Never heard of 5 Guys. Did a google on it, and guess what, there's one in my city, 4 miles from where I live. I'll go check it out.

Let me guess...the nearest one to me is a few 1,000 miles away?

greygull
10-17-11, 01:49 PM

Definitely! I'd suggest either a burger (2 patties) or a little burger (1 patty) All The Way.

Rachael98
10-17-11, 01:51 PM
Definitely! I'd suggest either a burger (2 patties) or a little burger (1 patty) All The Way.

Do these people do free delivery:p?

pinkster73
10-17-11, 01:51 PM

Give us an update about it.

I've had fries from the McDonald's in Moscow. They tasted weird.

redbites
10-17-11, 01:53 PM
Give us an update about it.

I've had fries from the McDonald's in Moscow. They tasted weird.
I think McDonalds in America is weird

kooky panda
10-17-11, 01:56 PM
My very favorite are from Culvers. (also excellent onion rings)

bawpotter
10-17-11, 02:01 PM
I am not the biggest fan of fast-food fries, but if I am getting fries, I like to go to one of my local restaurants, I have one that is New-Orleans themed, (I am in Northeast) and they have AMAZING fries. Truthfully though, the best fries I have ever had were in the snack bar on the Eifel Tower. The were freshly fried, and had the perfect amount of salt on them. I went back for seconds, and then thirds. Needless to say, I was quite sick that night...

pinkster73
10-17-11, 02:03 PM
I am not the biggest fan of fast-food fries, but if I am getting fries, I like to go to one of my local restaurants, I have one that is New-Orleans themed, (I am in Northeast) and they have AMAZING fries. Truthfully though, the best fries I have ever had were in the snack bar on the Eifel Tower. The were freshly fried, and had the perfect amount of salt on them. I went back for seconds, and then thirds. Needless to say, I was quite sick that night...

Omg that must have been so expensive!

nmishii
10-17-11, 02:09 PM
Omg that must have been so expensive!

Yeah, that's Paris. I ordered a diet coke in Paris about 15 years ago and it was $7.50 USD.

greygull
10-17-11, 02:13 PM
Do these people do free delivery:p?

I don't think they do - walk in only, no drive thru even.

Rachael98
10-17-11, 02:15 PM
I don't think they do - walk in only, no drive thru even.

I'm quite a fast walker...but I'm not so good that I can run across the Atlantic yet!

nmishii
10-17-11, 02:17 PM
I think McDonalds in America is weird

McDonalds in Germany serves beer. In Japan they serve shrimp burgers. In the Northeast US, Lobster rolls. In Hawaii, hawaiian food. What specialty item do they serve in Australia?

pinkster73
10-17-11, 02:17 PM
Yeah, that's Paris. I ordered a diet coke in Paris about 15 years ago and it was $7.50 USD.

When I was at the Moscow McDonald's I got a big mac, large fries, regular coke, and an apple pie for 50 cents American.

Rachael98
10-17-11, 02:18 PM
McDonalds in Germany serves beer. In Japan they serve shrimp burgers. In the Northeast US, Lobster rolls. In Hawaii, hawaiian food. What specialty item do they serve in Australia?

...and in Britain they sell coke, a burger and chips...

redbites
10-17-11, 02:18 PM
Sometimes they serve Vegemite sandwich quarters

pinkster73
10-17-11, 02:20 PM

Are you serious?

redbites
10-17-11, 02:20 PM
Are you serious?
Yeah with the kids meals:p

driftboutique
10-17-11, 02:21 PM
Sonic is wonderful! The food is just so-so but their milkshakes are sooo good. And cherry limeade. Five Guys does have tasty fries, although I don't like their other food at all (I know I'm in the minority there, though.) For fast-food fries, I pick McDonald's. Trashy yet delicious.

Years ago, Wendy's revamped their fries to be more similar to McD and BK fries, but before that they were definitely the best fast-food fries. The perfect balance of crispy and soft, with big grains of salt. Mmmmmm...

nmishii
10-17-11, 02:22 PM

Okay, had to google that one also. I think I'll stick with a big mac.

pinkster73
10-17-11, 02:24 PM
Sonic is wonderful! The food is just so-so but their milkshakes are sooo good. And cherry limeade. Five Guys does have tasty fries, although I don't like their other food at all (I know I'm in the minority there, though.) For fast-food fries, I pick McDonald's. Trashy yet delicious.

Years ago, Wendy's revamped their fries to be more similar to McD and BK fries, but before that they were definitely the best fast-food fries. The perfect balance of crispy and soft, with big grains of salt. Mmmmmm...

Agreed. Wendy's used to have great fries until they "improved" them

Yarox
10-17-11, 02:24 PM
Mc Donalds and a local place where they sell them with onions and sauces :D
Dont do KFC or Burger King cause Im a vegetarian ;)

redbites
10-17-11, 02:26 PM
What???? no one voted KFC:p

driftboutique
10-17-11, 02:26 PM

I tried McDonalds breakfast in Hawaii -- Portuguese sausage and rice! It was... not good.

nmishii
10-17-11, 02:28 PM
What???? no one voted KFC:p

The poll is for french fries. If it was for chicken, I probably would have voted KFC. Love the original recipe.

kooky panda
10-17-11, 02:28 PM

I forgot about Sonic!!! yes I add this to my favs

PS.... glad to see you drift!!

redbites
10-17-11, 02:29 PM
The poll is for french fries. If it was for chicken, I probably would have voted KFC. Love the original recipe.
They sell fries/chips at KFC

Rachael98
10-17-11, 02:35 PM

Yayyyyy!!! So glad to see a green dot by that name:D!
Never seen a Wendy's (bar SSM) either.
What am I actually missing?

pinkster73
10-17-11, 02:37 PM

In England you have Wimpy Burger!

Rachael98
10-17-11, 02:37 PM
In England you have Wimpy Burger!

Do we? What's that:confused::o?

redbites
10-17-11, 02:38 PM
Obesity and lack of exercise

nmishii
10-17-11, 02:39 PM
They sell fries/chips at KFC

Right. But if you were to ask, "what are the first 5 fast food restaurants that come to mind for best tasting french fries", I wouldn't say KFC. If you were to to ask the same question for chicken, I'd say KFC.

They didn't always have french fries at KFC. They sold mashed potatoes and gravy.

pinkster73
10-17-11, 02:39 PM
Do we? What's that:confused::o?

It's kind of like Wendy's, in my opinion.

Rachael98
10-17-11, 02:40 PM
Obesity and lack of exercise

Oh...reminds me of one of the YFM videos...
Well...to be honest, I quite like having a good BMI and enjoy exercise:).

Rachael98
10-17-11, 02:41 PM
It's kind of like Wendy's, in my opinion.

I've never even heard of the company!
We had (they went into Administration) Little Chef...

nmishii
10-17-11, 02:42 PM

Wendy's has square hamburger patties. Its named after the founder's daughter.

pinkster73
10-17-11, 02:42 PM
Oh...reminds me of one of the YFM videos...
Well...to be honest, I quite like having a good BMI and enjoy exercise:).

I'm 5.1 and 105 pounds. But I'm a french fry fan. That's what treadmills are for :)

pinkster73
10-17-11, 02:43 PM
Wendy's has square hamburger patties. Its named after the founder's daughter.

Dave Thomas, founder of Wendy's

driftboutique
10-17-11, 02:44 PM

:D Hi Rachael! Hi Kooky! Hi everybody!

You're missing nothing at Wendy's. Except they have square hamburgers, which people eat for some unfathomable reason. Oh, and they are the only fast food joint I know of that still makes their "chicken" nuggets out of some sort of meat-based foam like product. Gross.

Rachael98
10-17-11, 02:47 PM
:D Hi Rachael! Hi Kooky! Hi everybody!

You're missing nothing at Wendy's. Except they have square hamburgers, which people eat for some unfathomable reason. Oh, and they are the only fast food joint I know of that still makes their "chicken" nuggets out of some sort of meat-based foam like product. Gross.

Hi:D.

Good...but I can make my own square burger can't I?
Then again, I'm not sure how much chicken any "chicken" nugget from a fast food store has...

redbites
10-17-11, 02:49 PM
Chicken nuggets are made from marrow;)

driftboutique
10-17-11, 02:51 PM
Hi:D.

Good...but I can make my own square burger can't I?
Then again, I'm not sure how much chicken any "chicken" nugget from a fast food store has...

I think a homemade square burger is a much better idea! As for the chicken, I know McDonalds in the US at least moved over to all-white meat chicken nuggets. I think they are still reconstituted but they taste much better than they did when I was a kid. Anybody remember the days of ordering chicken nuggets, knowing only three of the six would be edible, but not knowing which three it was? Bad times.

bawpotter
10-17-11, 02:51 PM
Right. But if you were to ask, "what are the first 5 fast food restaurants that come to mind for best tasting french fries", I wouldn't say KFC. If you were to to ask the same question for chicken, I'd say KFC.

They didn't always have french fries at KFC. They sold mashed potatoes and gravy.

Well... top 5 list...

1. In-N'-Out Burger
2. McDonalds
3. Five Guys
4. Old Wendys
5. Burger King

Top 5 chicken places...

1. KFC
2. ...???
3. ...???
4. ...???
5. ...???

So, you see that not many fast chicken places are well known.

Also, yes, the Eifel Tower fries were not cheap, but they were worth the price.

AND, it is great to see you driftbotique! Welcome back!

AND, I have never seen lobster rolls at a McDonalds... you sure about that? I personally like the British way... Coke, a burger, and... chips. I prefer to say the common term, fries. But, every country has their ways... although... I personally think that Britian has the most... interesting ways.

AND, man, does this topic get posts quickly! I was just at the middle of page 5, leave for 45 minutes, come back on the bottom of page 7!

Okay, I am done.

bawpotter
10-17-11, 02:52 PM
Bottom of 7? Try bottom of 8! Gained like 10 posts while I was writing this one!

redbites
10-17-11, 02:53 PM
@bawpotter, Red Rooster is a great place to get chicken

driftboutique
Chicken nuggets are made from marrow;)

Marrow is a delicacy here! I think a lot of nuggets are made of tendons and soy :(

Yarox
I like this fries ;)

http://i51.tinypic.com/ip4kzl.jpg

bawpotter
10-17-11, 02:55 PM
I think a homemade square burger is a much better idea! As for the chicken, I know McDonalds in the US at least moved over to all-white meat chicken nuggets. I think they are still reconstituted but they taste much better than they did when I was a kid. Anybody remember the days of ordering chicken nuggets, knowing only three of the six would be edible, but not knowing which three it was? Bad times.

Yeah, McDonalds inproved them a lot. Even just like 7 years ago, they were bad. But, I gotta say, if I am ever in McDonalds, it is hard NOT to get an order of Mcnuggets... So... I am rarely in McDonalds. (But not for that reason.)

redbites
10-17-11, 02:55 PM
I like this fries ;)

http://i51.tinypic.com/ip4kzl.jpg
They look a little like wedges

driftboutique
10-17-11, 02:59 PM
Yeah, McDonalds inproved them a lot. Even just like 7 years ago, they were bad. But, I gotta say, if I am ever in McDonalds, it is hard NOT to get an order of Mcnuggets... So... I am rarely in McDonalds. (But not for that reason.)

I know what you mean... I don't care much for fast food in general but McNuggets and fries will always be delicious to me!

I can confirm the lobster roll story... at least where my BF grew up (Bangor area.) I don't know why anyone would get a lobster roll at McD's when there are lobster pounds everywhere, but there you have it!

Rachael98
10-17-11, 03:00 PM

I remember when I was a laddie...when McDonalds "improved" their chips by adding a heap more salt...then they changed it back again because for some reason no one liked it!

Well... top 5 list...

1. In-N'-Out Burger
2. McDonalds
3. Five Guys
4. Old Wendys
5. Burger King

Top 5 chicken places...

1. KFC
2. ...???
3. ...???
4. ...???
5. ...???

So, you see that not many fast chicken places are well known.

Also, yes, the Eifel Tower fries were not cheap, but they were worth the price.

AND, it is great to see you driftbotique! Welcome back!

AND, I have never seen lobster rolls at a McDonalds... you sure about that? I personally like the British way... Coke, a burger, and... chips. I prefer to say the common term, fries. But, every country has their ways... although... I personally think that Britian has the most... interesting ways.

AND, man, does this topic get posts quickly! I was just at the middle of page 5, leave for 45 minutes, come back on the bottom of page 7!

Okay, I am done.

Now, another opportunity for a brownie point:p:

If you'd asked for "le chips" at the Eiffel Tower, what would you be given?
And final call for anyone who knows why the local Chippy is so popular here.
Top 5 "fries" places:
-The chippy
-The other chippy
-McDonalds
-Burger King
-...? I dunno...the nearest health food shop:p?

Rachael98
10-17-11, 03:01 PM
They look a little like wedges

Les frites...:p.
More like ones I might normally have...

pinkster73
10-17-11, 03:02 PM

Do you have a shape preference? I like the ones shaped like boots better then the round ones

Rachael98
10-17-11, 03:06 PM
Do you have a shape preference? I like the ones shaped like boots better then the round ones

If I had the time, I would go mad with this and go through every polygon there is as a bap shape...sadly I don't have the time...

driftboutique
10-17-11, 03:11 PM

Me too! They are superior sauce vehicles :D

nmishii
10-17-11, 03:11 PM
I know what you mean... I don't care much for fast food in general but McNuggets and fries will always be delicious to me!

I can confirm the lobster roll story... at least where my BF grew up (Bangor area.) I don't know why anyone would get a lobster roll at McD's when there are lobster pounds everywhere, but there you have it!

There was a McDonalds near the hotel I was staying at that advertized lobster rolls. I tried it only because we don't have it on the west coast. Nothing to brag about. I was on a business trip so I had my fill of real lobsters that week.

driftboutique
10-17-11, 03:13 PM
If you'd asked for "le chips" at the Eiffel Tower, what would you be given?
And final call for anyone who knows why the local Chippy is so popular here.

I'm afraid my knowledge is primarily chicken nugget-based, but I am curious to know the answers!

shakiba
10-17-11, 03:21 PM
Wow 10/11 just about fries :P cool
In my opinion, McDonald's fries are a little salty, and KFC isnt meant to have fries, just chicken, but i cant remember how they taste like, I had it looooong time ago. Though, I dont go to fast food restaurants as much anymore. Im more into chinese food, buffets! :D Yummy.
Im in the mood for fries right now!

Rachael98
10-17-11, 03:21 PM
I'm afraid my knowledge is primarily chicken nugget-based, but I am curious to know the answers!

OK.
You'd get crisps.
Because, during WWII, the only thing not rationed was Fish & Chips. And where did you get it? The chippy. It was supposed to boost morale...

GroupMagma
10-17-11, 03:25 PM
In-N-Out > Everything (but TeamLava games) in the entire world

driftboutique
10-17-11, 03:32 PM
OK.
You'd get crisps.
Because, during WWII, the only thing not rationed was Fish & Chips. And where did you get it? The chippy. It was supposed to boost morale...

Interesting! There is a pop-up restaurant in DC right now that specializes in the history of American food trends. I learned there that lobster used to be considered fish bait and servant food until Rockefeller ate some on accident and loved it!

Rachael98
10-17-11, 03:33 PM
In-N-Out > Everything (but TeamLava games) in the entire world

You are now going to become you VanillaStorm identity. See a problem:p?
Well, at least I'm not missing out on the best thing in the world...but TL should credit my City an In N Out restaurant so I can see why everyone loves it:).

Rachael98
10-17-11, 03:34 PM
Interesting! There is a pop-up restaurant in DC right now that specializes in the history of American food trends. I learned there that lobster used to be considered fish bait and servant food until Rockefeller ate some on accident and loved it!

I'm glad he did-I love it.

nmishii
10-17-11, 03:37 PM

When I was in Boston someone told me that there used to be a prison where Logan Airport is now. Lobsters used to wash up on shore and the prisoners revolted because they got tired of eating lobster all the time.

pinkster73
10-17-11, 03:44 PM
When I was in Boston someone told me that there used to be a prison where Logan Airport is now. Lobsters used to wash up on shore and the prisoners revolted because they got tired of eating lobster all the time.

It's because they wanted fries from McDonald's

redbites
10-17-11, 03:46 PM
Or maybe KFC.....lol

Rachael98
10-17-11, 03:47 PM

...from the local Chippy, you mean? No-really...Dad's Army used to feed POW F&C because it's all they could get:)!

pinkster73
10-17-11, 03:58 PM

Or maybe they had no garlic butter. You know what else is good dipped in garlic butter? French fries

Rachael98
10-17-11, 04:01 PM
Or maybe they had no garlic butter. You know what else is good dipped in garlic butter? French fries

Italian-style dough balls?

nmishii
10-17-11, 04:02 PM

Never tried that. I'll have to, although I don't think McDonalds has garlic butter.

Rachael98
10-17-11, 04:03 PM
Never tried that. I'll have to, although I don't think McDonalds has garlic butter.

They have ketchup though:p.

pinkster73

I do it at red lobster ha ha

redbites
Huh garlic butter?

Rachael98
Huh garlic butter?

Yeah. Like, butter...with garlic in it:D!

pinkster73
10-17-11, 04:04 PM
They have ketchup though:p.

The McDonald's in England charges for their ketchup. I couldn't believe it

Rachael98
10-17-11, 04:04 PM

Why, don't they in the US? They change for ketchup everywhere here...

redbites
10-17-11, 04:05 PM
Yeah. Like, butter...with garlic in it:D!
yeah I know that but why would anyone eat garlic in butter???

nmishii
Huh garlic butter?

Do you eat your french fries with vegemite?

Rachael98

Because it tastes nice!

pinkster73
10-17-11, 04:06 PM

Because its sooooo good. Good for dipping seafood and French fries in it

redbites
What?? come on be sensible here:p

Rachael98

No...nor marmite...I am one of the "hate"-rs of marmite:(.

nmishii
10-17-11, 04:07 PM
Why, don't they in the US? They change for ketchup everywhere here...

Never had to pay for ketchup in a fast food restaurant. I think they include the cost of ketchup, napkins, etc in the price of the food.

Rachael98
10-17-11, 04:08 PM
What?? come on be sensible here:p

Because this thread is really serious...GM:p...who forgot S8 and FM games...:rolleyes:

Rachael98
10-17-11, 04:09 PM
Never had to pay for ketchup in a fast food restaurant. I think they include the cost of ketchup, napkins, etc in the price of the food.

Napkins are complimentary. However, the sauces are charged for because otherwise people take the sachets home!

pinkster73
10-17-11, 04:11 PM
Napkins are complimentary. However, the sauces are charged for because otherwise people take the sachets home!

Well because they charged me for them I put my unopened ketchups in my purse and used them later ha ha

pinkster73
10-17-11, 04:12 PM
I must add my husband was very embarrassed ha ha

Rachael98
Well because they charged me for them I put my unopened ketchups in my purse and used them later ha ha

But once you've bought them, they're yours:p.
Anyway, about 2p extra for them...

nmishii
No...nor marmite...I am one of the "hate"-rs of marmite:(.

had to google marmite also. Is vegemite and marmite the same thing? Or what's the difference? Neither sound appetizing.

Rachael98
10-17-11, 04:13 PM
I must add my husband was very embarrassed ha ha

Does your husband have, or have the ability to create, a Storm8 account...I must explain to him why sachets of ketchup cost 8p...

pinkster73
10-17-11, 04:14 PM
had to google marmite also. Is vegemite and marmite the same thing? Or what's the difference? Neither sound appetizing.

They are similar but marmite is stronger

Rachael98

Vegemite is Australian and slightly different...using vegetables, I think.
I dislike both.

pinkster73
Does your husband have, or have the ability to create, a Storm8 account...I must explain to him why sachets of ketchup cost 8p...

Ha ha nope. He doesn't do games

Rachael98
10-17-11, 04:15 PM
Ha ha nope. He doesn't do games

Has he got an Android or iDevice?

redbites
10-17-11, 04:16 PM
Vegemite is Australian and slightly different...using vegetables, I think.
I dislike both.
It has vegetable extract, but It is mainly composed of beer extract

pinkster73
10-17-11, 04:17 PM
Has he got an Android or iDevice?

Nope. He has a phone that makes phone calls and texts. That's it.

nmishii
10-17-11, 04:18 PM
But once you've bought them, they're yours:p.
Anyway, about 2p extra for them...

No cost for ketchup packets. You get sauce for chicken nuggets, and if you want more than they allot for the number of nuggets you ordered, you have to pay extra. I think 25 cents a packet.

I ordered fish and chips once locally. The tarter sauce in the packets with all the preservatives were free for take out. You could have fresh tarter sauce if you ate there or you could pay for fresh tarter sauce on a take out. I didn't think that was fair.

Rachael98
10-17-11, 04:18 PM
Nope. He has a phone that makes phone calls and texts. That's it.

Aww...just pass my post on then. And point out that the forums are very important and that's why you were typing on your keyboard with your elbow at one point:p.

Rachael98
10-17-11, 04:20 PM
I ordered fish and chips once locally. The tarter sauce in the packets with all the preservatives were free for take out. You could have fresh tarter sauce if you ate there or you could pay for fresh tarter sauce on a take out. I didn't think that was fair.

You generally pay more to eat-in; an incentive to pay more overall.

Sina680
10-17-11, 04:28 PM
OMG! I want french fries now! LoL! I LOOOOOVE McDonald's fries! My most guiltiest food pleasure...I love the texture, crunch (when it's fresh), and the taste is my favorite. Oh and dip them in some sweet and sour or BBQ sauce...Yummy!

driftboutique
10-17-11, 04:29 PM

We need to get you some garlic butter post haste! Once you try it you will understand. I promise.

pinkster73
10-17-11, 04:30 PM
@ redbites- what do you put on your crab and lobster?

Rachael98
10-17-11, 04:33 PM
We need to get you some garlic butter post haste! Once you try it you will understand. I promise.

New thread idea: What do you dip in garlic butter?
:p

badger8
10-17-11, 04:33 PM
As Alton Brown from the Food Network says, "Garlic doesn't need a reason!"

redbites
10-17-11, 04:36 PM
@ redbites- what do you put on your crab and lobster?
Probably lemon juice and salt

Rachael98
10-17-11, 04:41 PM
*yawn* Goodnight, my French Fri-err, friends...I'm tired...

bawpotter
10-17-11, 05:31 PM
I would have to imagine... at 12:45 AM! Ughh... Rachael, don't you have things to do in the morning? We Americans have to get up early? Ever heard of it?

Redbites, you don't put butter on your lobster!?!?!?!?!?! That's an outrage! There is no such thing as lobster WITHOUT butter and lemon juice!

Back to the topic of fries... what do you prefer, thick fries that are very potatoey, or thin fries that are almost all "Fry" and almost no potato? Or right in the middle? I say that I prefer the right in the middle ones, but I always love the thin-type "Fry"

redbites
10-17-11, 05:36 PM
@Bawpotter eat yabbies they are wayyyy better than lobster

bawpotter
10-17-11, 05:37 PM
OMG! We have completely overlooked a different TYPE of fries! Sweet Potato Fires! I have this restaurant in Jacksonville, FL. It is called "The Millhouse". It is soooooo good! I go every time I am in the vicinity, which is a good amount, as I drive to Florida almost every year. My favorite dish is this steak thing, a huge piece of sirloin, with this amazing honey-garlic-cinamon-sweet-butter-glaze-sauce kind of thing, and a huge amount of sweet potato fries. This meal is TO DIE FOR!

redbites
10-17-11, 05:42 PM
OMG! We have completely overlooked a different TYPE of fries! Sweet Potato Fires! I have this restaurant in Jacksonville, FL. It is called "The Millhouse". It is soooooo good! I go every time I am in the vicinity, which is a good amount, as I drive to Florida almost every year. My favorite dish is this steak thing, a huge piece of sirloin, with this amazing honey-garlic-cinamon-sweet-butter-glaze-sauce kind of thing, and a huge amount of sweet potato fries. This meal is TO DIE FOR!
Oh yeah I forgot about sweet potato

bawpotter
10-17-11, 05:45 PM
yeah... ya did...

redbites
10-18-11, 02:58 PM
yeah... ya did...
Sausages are awesome!!!!!!!!

pinkster73
10-18-11, 03:38 PM
Im not a ran of the sweet potato fries.

I like skinny fries, the more soggy the better

GroupMagma
10-18-11, 03:41 PM
In the Bay Area, we are quite fond of Garlic Fries.

http://www.firerecruit.com/data/GF.jpg

Though I also am a fan of Sweet Potato Fries.

Phthon
10-18-11, 03:42 PM

In the Pacific Northwest, we too are fond of Garlic Fries...gawd those look good.

pinkster73
10-18-11, 03:51 PM
Those look yummy

shakiba
10-18-11, 03:52 PM
Wow, I want them. NOW! :D I could already smell them from here.

redbites
10-18-11, 03:56 PM
I'm hungry just thinking about it

shakiba
10-18-11, 03:57 PM
I'm hungry just thinking about it

Tell me about it. Oh well, at least its supper time where I live :)
Im having pizza with chicken wings and fries. Yummy.

nmishii
10-18-11, 04:06 PM

Is that because you're so close to Gilroy? Went to their festival a few years ago.

We're also fond of garlic fries in southern CA.

ariesblu
10-18-11, 04:25 PM
Yes, we've got US, Australia, Canada and the UK on this thread talking about food. ariesblu, where are you from?
US as well (Cali to be more specific :))

ariesblu
10-18-11, 04:27 PM
There's this restaurant called Barney's in the Bay Area, and they have some of the best (in my opinion) sweet potato fries.

Ashvillyton
10-18-11, 04:46 PM
I chose KFC because their frys are tasty

redbites
10-18-11, 04:47 PM
I chose KFC because their frys are tasty
Wow you're the only person who chose KFC.. lol

GroupMagma
10-18-11, 05:09 PM
Is that because you're so close to Gilroy? Went to their festival a few years ago.

We're also fond of garlic fries in southern CA.

That's most likely the reason. :)

bawpotter
10-18-11, 05:22 PM
Man, what I would do for a thing of those garlic fries! They look SOOOOOO good!

redbites
10-18-11, 05:23 PM
Man, what I would do for a thing of those garlic fries! They look SOOOOOO good!
I know! would it be cool if they added them to restaurant story?

pinkster73
10-18-11, 05:37 PM
And we could grow crops of garlic fries on my farm!

redbites
10-18-11, 05:46 PM
And we could grow crops of garlic fries on my farm!
and we could have garlic fries cocktails for nightclub!!!

shakiba
10-18-11, 06:08 PM
and we could have garlic fries cocktails for nightclub!!!

and we can have french fries decor for fashion... ya scratch that, I dont think so xD

redbites
10-19-11, 02:18 PM
and we can have french fries decor for fashion... ya scratch that, I dont think so xD
French fry clothes!!! beat that;)

Rachael98
10-19-11, 02:19 PM
French fry clothes!!! beat that;)

French Fry hairstyles for Fashion Avatars:p.

redbites
10-19-11, 02:21 PM
French Fry hairstyles for Fashion Avatars:p.
Buildings made out of french fries on city story!!!

Rachael98
10-19-11, 02:22 PM
Buildings made out of french fries on city story!!!

Constructable Fast Food place with French Fries, Burgers, Chicken Nuggets and Napkins to build:D.

redbites
10-19-11, 02:25 PM
Constructable Fast Food place with French Fries, Burgers, Chicken Nuggets and Napkins to build:D.
awww you beat me!! I give up.....:(

Rachael98
10-19-11, 02:26 PM
awww you beat me!! I give up.....:(

You can't do that...I was enjoying it...

redbites
10-19-11, 02:29 PM
You can't do that...I was enjoying it...
Just kidding!!!:D FRENCH FRY FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachael98
10-19-11, 02:33 PM
Just kidding!!!:D FRENCH FRY FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!!

French Fry Moderators.

redbites
10-19-11, 02:33 PM
French Fry Moderators.
French fry clones of Rachael!!!:p

Rachael98
10-19-11, 02:40 PM
French fry clones of Rachael!!!:p

That's going too far. Who'd want a clone of me?

redbites
10-19-11, 02:46 PM
That's going too far. Who'd want a clone of me?
everyone on the forums!! so then we will know there is more than one person who replies to every single thread

Rachael98
10-19-11, 03:03 PM
everyone on the forums!! so then we will know there is more than one person who replies to every single thread

I don't reply to absolutely every single thread. A lot, but not all of them.
But that's very nice of you anyway:).
Obviously I can better that by saying "French Fry everyone else".
So, French Fry everyone else.

pinkster73
10-19-11, 03:41 PM
Pinkfry ...

sourlicorice2
10-19-11, 05:38 PM
Sour fries......just thought I'd join in on the fun 

expressW
10-20-11, 07:34 AM
My favorite fries are KFC fries from Sydney... Not sure if the other states are the same but Aussie KFC fries are thick and seasoned with chicken salt.... Mmmmm.....

Next nearest is Opporto's fries and then fries with chicken salt and gravy from the local places.....

Aussie fries are the best!! Better than thin maccas/ burger king thingfries!!!

pinkster73
10-20-11, 09:32 AM
What in the world is chicken salt?

redbites
10-20-11, 09:49 AM
What in the world is chicken salt?
It's the best tasting salt in the world!!! It has chicken flavouring in it

pinkster73
10-20-11, 10:53 AM
It's the best tasting salt in the world!!! It has chicken flavouring in it

Sounds good. I like garlic salt

bletchingdon
10-20-11, 11:17 AM
KFC are the best defineatly.

sterlingempire
10-20-11, 01:20 PM
EmpireFry

0__0

redbites
10-20-11, 01:32 PM
EmpireFry

0__0

What's that place?

Rachael98
10-20-11, 01:32 PM
What's that place?

Seconded:).

redbites
10-20-11, 02:02 PM
EmpireFry

0__0

Oh empire fry is sterlingempire's fries

How about redbittenfries

Rachael98
10-20-11, 02:24 PM
Oh empire fry is sterlingempire's fries

How about redbittenfries

FR98ies? No one would buy them:/

sterlingempire
10-20-11, 05:00 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2w6cw2q.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/2w6cw2q.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/2w6cw2q.jpg

I would Rachael :)

shakiba
10-20-11, 05:03 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2w6cw2q.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/2w6cw2q.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/2w6cw2q.jpg

I would Rachael :)

Omg!!! Not your display pic again. Aww its soooo cute! Remember what I said sterlingempire? :)

sterlingempire
10-20-11, 05:04 PM
Omg!!! Not your display pic again. Aww its soooo cute! Remember what I said sterlingempire? :)

http://i51.tinypic.com/35mh0ex.jpghttp://i51.tinypic.com/35mh0ex.jpghttp://i51.tinypic.com/35mh0ex.jpg

shakiba
10-20-11, 05:04 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/35mh0ex.jpghttp://i51.tinypic.com/35mh0ex.jpghttp://i51.tinypic.com/35mh0ex.jpg

Um isnt that a good thing? o. o
I complimented thats what I said... :(

sterlingempire
10-20-11, 05:12 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/5ogmlt.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/5ogmlt.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/5ogmlt.jpg

sterlingempire
10-20-11, 05:12 PM
Um isnt that a good thing? o. o
I complimented thats what I said... :(

Sorry I am just posting random photos of my profile pic ;) Thanks

mboo3
10-20-11, 11:00 PM
I get my fries at Wendy's. I liked them better before they changed them because they were thick and not too crispy. Although Wendy's fries are now thinner I still prefer them over MD or BK fries.

redbites
10-21-11, 10:15 AM
I get my fries at Wendy's. I liked them better before they changed them because they were thick and not too crispy. Although Wendy's fries are now thinner I still prefer them over MD or BK fries.
But wendy's is a sundaes ice cream parlor? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendy%27s_Supa_Sundaes

pinkster73
10-21-11, 10:33 AM
But wendy's is a sundaes ice cream parlor? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendy%27s_Supa_Sundaes

No. It's a burger joint chain like McDonald's

redbites
10-21-11, 10:37 AM
No. It's a burger joint chain like McDonald's
huh that's pretty weird:confused:

bletchingdon
10-21-11, 11:00 AM
KFC fries are the best!!!!!!!

nmishii
10-21-11, 11:07 AM
huh that's pretty weird:confused:

This is the Wendy's we're talking about. The Frosty is good.
http://www.wendys.com/

fudge123442
10-23-11, 07:44 AM
I hope this doesnt bother you,but are you in calafornia because my mom was born there and had in an out?

helpmeeat
10-23-11, 09:07 AM

What McDonalds did you go in?? Have never been charged for tomato sauce in any fast food place here.

I couldn't vote because to me the chips match the restaurant,
you need the fatter ones in kfc to dip in gravy, the coated ones for flamed grilled bk and well McDonalds is just McDonalds. 

pinkster73
10-23-11, 10:07 AM
What McDonalds did you go in?? Have never been charged for tomato sauce in any fast food place here.

I couldn't vote because to me the chips match the restaurant,
you need the fatter ones in kfc to dip in gravy, the coated ones for flamed grilled bk and well McDonalds is just McDonalds. 

it was at the McDonald's in Derby

nmishii
10-23-11, 10:24 AM
I hope this doesnt bother you,but are you in calafornia because my mom was born there and had in an out?

I'm in California. We have a lot of In and Outs. Fries are good. They use fresh potatoes, not frozen. But I like my fries fried a little longer.

Just looked at their website. 206 locations in CA. AZ, NV, TX, and UT have 62 combined.

tmh690
10-23-11, 10:35 AM
Wendys fries because you dip them in the frosty, yum!

TeasTeas
10-24-11, 07:19 PM
my fave used to be mcdonalds (second to my own) that is.. until I understood what they have started adding to the fry oil as an anti-foaming agent. (a known cancer causing agent) and they dont care... also dont dare read up on whats in their milkshakes...
do miss the squishy mcdonalds "baggers" but it aint worth it.
(what ya dont know CAN hurt ya)

pinkster73
10-24-11, 07:31 PM
my fave used to be mcdonalds (second to my own) that is.. until I understood what they have started adding to the fry oil as an anti-foaming agent. (a known cancer causing agent) and they dont care... also dont dare read up on whats in their milkshakes...
do miss the squishy mcdonalds "baggers" but it aint worth it.
(what ya dont know CAN hurt ya)

Mmmm, fat and anti foaming cancer causing agents, sounds delicious :p