PDA

View Full Version : How to Improve Magic Boxes and Earning Gems (so I don't quit)

zinc7
10-15-11, 02:47 PM
I am very close to quitting playing this game, because there is almost nothing left for me to do. But here are two suggestions that would keep me playing:

1. I love the idea of magic boxes, but I don't want to spend 24 gems for something I might not even want. TeamLava should make it so that you spend 24 gems to UNLOCK the items inside a magic box, and then charge MONEY for each item inside the box. That way, I can choose which item I want to buy, and buy as many of them as I want for my restaurant. Charge a lot of money for each item, I don't care. Right now, I'm sitting with millions of coins with nothing to do with them, and it's not making me want to play the game anymore. :mad: I would even consider buying gems if they made this change. :)

2. They need to add other ways to earn gems. First, I've seen other app games that ask you to watch an ad on a video, and that earns you something in the game. Why not do the same thing here for gems? TeamLava gets money from the ad people, and we get gems! We all win. ;)

Also, the "challenges" they have (buying certain items, cooking a certain number of dishes) should earn you gems at some points. I started doing them, then stopped because they were so pointless. :confused: I don't need money and experience, I need gems! The last thing I want to do is spend a gem to speed cook an omelette to get a meaningless amount of coins and experience points. If they made the challenges hard but offered some gems, I would do them.

I'm sure there are other ideas. Maybe they think they'll earn more money the way they're doing things, but I have many friends who feel the same way I do. If they made improvements so that each of us found it worthwhile to buy a few gems, I bet they'd get more people to keep playing the game, and they'd make more money, too. ;)

ariesblu
10-15-11, 02:50 PM
It's not going to happen, at least not any time in the near future. Tl knows the box items are a novelty to some players, and if there is something you really want, you're just going to have to spend your gems over and over if you really want a specific item. Some come out lucky, while others are stuck with dublicates.

zinc7
10-15-11, 02:59 PM
I know what you're saying. But for me, if I know it's so uncertain what I'm going to get in the box, I don't want to spend any gems. If they had a price tag to unlock each of the magic boxes so we could buy things inside for money, I'd be motivated to unlock each box, and buy most of the stuff inside. That means longer time playing the game by far for me, and probably buying some gems. I just think they'd make more money that way, at least if there are others out there like my friends and me.

Rachael98
10-15-11, 03:07 PM
1-I actually like the mystery of the boxes; I prefer them the way they are. That also works better for TL because they'll make more money!
2-They have quite a few ways to earn gems, plus many sales and offers for buying: whilst they've become very overpriced now, I think there's plenty enough opportunity to earn them, and buy them with a good deal.
Also, I would hate it if they added advertisements or things like videos to watch for gems!

Joypickles
10-15-11, 03:35 PM
I started playing another game where to get one 'gem' you had to watch a 5 minute video, all of it. Sure it was five minutes but I did not want to watch lots of them to get enough gems so stopped playing.

ariesblu
10-15-11, 04:11 PM
I know what you're saying. But for me, if I know it's so uncertain what I'm going to get in the box, I don't want to spend any gems. If they had a price tag to unlock each of the magic boxes so we could buy things inside for money, I'd be motivated to unlock each box, and buy most of the stuff inside. That means longer time playing the game by far for me, and probably buying some gems. I just think they'd make more money that way, at least if there are others out there like my friends and me.
I completely hear ya. I actually wouldn't mind there being an option of unlocking the box (either for coins, or a lower set of gems), and then using gems to get a surprise item. Then for every item you get out of the each box using gems, you instead can buy the same item either for a certain amount of coins, or slightly lower price of gems - that way you can choose if you want multiple items from a box, rather than spend 24 over and over and get duplicates you may not want.

I'm honestly not sure if that would be something tl would seriously consider, but it seems pretty diplomatic to me. :)

zinc7
10-15-11, 04:14 PM
A 5 minute video would suck. But there are games where the videos are 30 seconds or 1 minute. I don't mind watching those and getting a bunch of gems... I'd rather wait and watch then spend whatever they're charging. If they don't change things, I'll probably just spend my money on a new game.

pinkster73
10-15-11, 04:16 PM
I would never watch a video for gems.

ariesblu
10-15-11, 04:18 PM
But would this video be in-game or something? I don't know how gems would be credited to an account after a video would be watched. And I don't even know if tl has any media anyway to do something on this scale.

zinc7
10-15-11, 04:21 PM
I like what you suggested. Hopefully there are more people out there who would support it. Seriously, I don't know what they'd have to lose. I would assume most people want to choose what they're buying... I don't even like over half of the items in some of the magic boxes. Anyway, who knows if TL would try it. I have no idea if they even read these boards. :)

diverDestiny
10-15-11, 04:24 PM
Just make a website with all the items we can buy with gems. You would make more money that way and everyone would be happy. Win Win situation and no more disappointments.

zinc7
10-15-11, 04:24 PM
You'd rather spend money than watch a 30-second video? You could just turn your head away and not look at it. ;) Anyway, that's interesting to me.

zinc7
10-15-11, 04:26 PM
I'm not sure how other app games do it, but I know they have a way it works out.