PDA

View Full Version : Farm Story and FS Halloween on same device?

poodley2
10-09-11, 10:12 AM
I downloaded FS Halloween and now have both the original version of FS and Halloween installed. When I launched Halloween, my farm looked exactly the same as it did in the original version of FS. I planted crops in FS Halloween, but in FS my farm was just plowed with nothing planted. I then planted totally different crops in FS. Now both farms have different profit amounts and different XP. Are the two farms now run independently even though they started out looking the same with the same amount of coins and XP? If I spend money in one farm, will that money disappear in the other? Am I going to corrupt my game by running both versions?

nmishii
10-09-11, 10:17 AM
They should be the same farm. There's another thread where people planted candy corn in the Halloween version and saw it in the regular version.

You can try to restart your device or reinstall one or both of your applications, but I don't know what it'll do to your farm. You may want to wait for a mod to reply.

kooky panda
10-09-11, 10:31 AM
When you have both farm story and farm story halloween they will run side by side. If you jump from one game to the other, there is a delay in seeing what you did in the other game.
so when you plant the candy corn in Halloween, then go to regular farm, go visit a nbr or restart the org farm game and you will see the candy corn show up in the org farm game.

poodley2
10-09-11, 10:36 AM
I did a hard restart of my iPad. The two crops I planted in the regular version have disappeared and were replaced by the crops I planted in Halloween. I guess it is related to the delay that someone mentioned in the other thread. I kept on plowing and planting in my second farm, the numbers kept changing, but everything was overridden after the reboot.

poodley2
10-09-11, 10:38 AM
When you have both farm story and farm story halloween they will run side by side. If you jump from one game to the other, there is a delay in seeing what you did in the other game.
so when you plant the candy corn in Halloween, then go to regular farm, go visit a nbr or restart the org farm game and you will see the candy corn show up in the org farm game.

Thanks, Kooky.

khunpla
10-09-11, 07:59 PM
I'm sorry I'm a bit confused...I don't have Candy corn now and no update for this week...so if I want those Halloween features, I must download the halloween version/install and play simultaneously? would that effect my regular farm? coz I don't wanna lose items I got from opening boxes and gems but I still want to decorate for Halloween...please advise.

nmishii
10-09-11, 08:19 PM
Your farm is saved on the TL servers. You only have one farm. Its the same farm wheher you access it from the regular version or halloween version.

The halloween version will allow you to access the halloween content. But the halloween content is a weekly update, and like all weekly updates are rolled out on Fridays and Tuesdays.

So even if you have the halloween version, you may or may not see the halloween content (candy corn, etc). If you use the regular version, you will not see the halloween content.

kooky panda
10-09-11, 08:20 PM
I'm sorry I'm a bit confused...I don't have Candy corn now and no update for this week...so if I want those Halloween features, I must download the halloween version/install and play simultaneously? would that effect my regular farm? coz I don't wanna lose items I got from opening boxes and gems but I still want to decorate for Halloween...please advise.

The update for IOS users is in the Farm story Halloween. (note some ppl did not get it yet, but should have by Tuesday.)

Farm story halloween will not replace the regular Farm Story game. You can keep both on your device. What you do in one will show up in the other game. You will need to be in the Halloween game
to buy and plant the candy corn and to buy the halloween decorations. Once you place, you can play the halloween game or you can play the regular Farm game. What you do in one will show up in the other game(there is a delay like when you first go to your game and your water drops do not show up until you visit a nbr)

You will not lose anything from your original farm game all your gems, items etc are still there.

khunpla
10-10-11, 03:56 AM
I see..many thanks to both nmishii and Kooky Panda...gtg to dl now!!! gosh! this is so exciting! lol

NellyPepper
10-11-11, 11:38 PM
Thank you so much everyone for clearing this up, I was a bit confused too!