PDA

View Full Version : New full screen pop-up ads

wardos
10-09-11, 07:42 AM
Hi,

I installed the new update yesterday and wanted to provide feedback about the new ad. It used to be very annoying to be inundated with messages (sometimes 4 or 5 times in a row!) saying to install other TL games. I've put up with it though as I understand that these are free games so there will be some sort of advertising happening...fair enough! But honestly, the new pop-up ad messages have got me considering stopping playing all together! They now take up the entire screen, and the 'X' button to be able to close the message only appears after a couple of seconds! And that also keeps popping up.

TL - I know that you want to advertise your other games and totally appreciate it. There is already an icon top-right where you have a list of your other games, plus an icon which now appears where news reports come in to advertise. These full screen messages without the option to close them for a set time period have gone too far!

At the very least - if you are going to roll advertising like this out, would you consider disabling adverts for those who actually pay for gems, etc? Paying customers should not have to be inundated!

I love playing Restaurant Story - the reason I don't install any of your other games is because I would end up not having a life otherwise! It would be a shame to stop playing the game, but I just can't continue playing something which has pop-up advert overload (particularly in this new cheeky style!)!

wardos

Vani3863
10-09-11, 04:05 PM
I agree, those ads were driving me crazy. Eventually decided to just install the other games, get the gems and then uninstall them. I must admit that I'm glad I choose RS first, it seems to be the best choice for me. I'm totally addicted :-)

ButterPanda
10-11-11, 01:18 PM
thanks for the feedback. it will be forwarded on to our developers.

primerib
10-11-11, 11:42 PM
I loath the popups in these games. I also can't count how many times I've accidentally did something that cost me gems because there's no confirm for anything like that. I'm far from the only person displeased with how easy it is to do this as well. RS is a fun game but it definitely has a few issues that need to be addressed. The magically disappearing food on the counters is another big problem as well..

ButterPanda
10-13-11, 10:44 AM
noted as well