PDA

View Full Version : Leveling Up

remizmomma
10-08-11, 12:03 PM
Hi fellow FS Farmers :)

I'm on level 39 and would like to get to level 42 quick so I can expand my farm. I'm running out of room and in anticipation for a HUGE Haloween update ::crossing my fingers:: I need more space ;)

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to level up quickly?

Thanks!

NewfyFarm
10-08-11, 12:15 PM
level up in the same way that you would farm to make money, and how I basically farmed until level 75.

do a round of strawberries after every time you harvest.
only plant high $ crops. I won't list them all but if you are serious about farming take 15 min. To figure out *net* profit PER HOUR on your crops. basically that means that strawberries, blueberries and pineapples will give you the most profit and XP. After that 3 hour, then 4 then 6 then 8. farm the highest profit first, master it, and then work your way down. do 8 hour overnight and never plant 1 day plant and never ever do the lowest profit and XP crop - flowers.

Get as many nbrs as possible, without peeving them by having so many your farm is always full. every water drop gives you more XP, which is what you need to level up. you also get it when you water nbr farms

stick to a time schedule and don't wait until every plant has a water drop on it. that strawberry crop will give you that extra XP.

The new collectibles now also give you XP. it's far easier to level up then it was for us "old timers" lol.

MiniLaura
10-08-11, 02:01 PM
If you have a lot of coins, there are two extremely quick ways of leveling up:
1. Buy tons of gazebos. You can then sell them to get a fraction of your money back, but you'll keep the XP.
2. Plant lots of red quinoa and then "sell" them immediately. You'll get a lot of XP this way, but you'll also lose money. I heard (but have never tested) that if you plant a round of blueberries for every round of quinoa that you plant and sell, you will break even. Note, you have to harvest the blueberries, but they are a short crop, so waiting for it is not much of an issue.

remizmomma
10-08-11, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the great tips guys!

nmishii
10-08-11, 02:29 PM
Red quinoa cost 130 coins and gives you 6 XPs.
Rice costs 70 coins and gives you 5 XPs.

With red quinoa you lose 60 more coins for the 1 XP you gain from it over rice. Your choice.

NewfyFarm
10-08-11, 10:31 PM
The cheapest crop to plant and sell for XP is corn. I think its 30 for 3 so 60 for 6 plus you plow twice for 2 which = 8.
But you get 1 XP to plant and grow strawberries plus one to plow = 2Xp in 5minutes. plus one if you get watered.
Which means 6 XP in 15 minutes and you have lost no money but made some. You will need money to buy your next expansion, so unless you plan to enhance with gems, it doesn't make any sense to me to burn your money that way.
Now that I don't need any more coins, have the castle, the vineyard and the mansion - I am planting and selling a lot of flowers, but even that is getting tedious and I end up growing them. Just looking for gnomes on those crops. Doing this is the first time since I started I haven't been adding any coinage. (flowers are practically zero profit, so selling 3 for every 1 I plant and grow is losing me coinage).
I just wouldn't recommend the selling stuff for XP approach to anyone who still has to pay coins for expansions. Of course if you plan on burning gems for that stuff, then you can also burn them to buy coins, to sell crops to get XP.

nmishii
10-08-11, 11:30 PM
I never planted and sold crops to level up, but went for spending the evening planting and harvesting strawberries and blueberries. But there are people who sell the crops.

I have been working on mastering all flowers since the end of June, taking breaks to master the weekly crops. You are right, it is a slow process to increase XPs and coins since I harvest them all. I don't need the coins either, but am still working on trying to get to Level 96.

remizmomma
10-09-11, 01:32 AM
The gazebo trick helped me quickly level to 40 but it looks like the last two levels may be a slow process. During the week I'm going to try the fast growing strawberries and am looking for some great neighbors to help me water if you would like to add me :) but your a right about wasting the coins. I have no idea how many I'll need for the next expansion so I better take it easy.

Thanks for your help!
Btw I water and gift my neighbors everyday.

DerGelbeKaiser
10-10-11, 03:47 PM
I'm level 38 (just up from level 37 due to gazebo buying - nice tip that one) and looking forward to my next expansion. Does anybody know how much coins that one will need? Since I'm not on that level yet it won't show me but I'd like to know so I know what approach to take - the coin or the time consuming one :-)

nmishii
10-10-11, 04:00 PM
The 24x24 expansion was at Level 75 and required 900000 coins and 55 neighbors.
The 23x23 expansion was at Level 60 and required 800000 coins and 50 neighbors.
The 22x22 expansion was at Level 50??? and required 700000 coins and 45 neighbors.

At some point, can't remember when, the expansions started going up 100000 coins and 5 neighbors for each.

So you might be able to take the the info above and what you know about your last/next expansions and get a ball park number.

JuniperFruit
10-11-11, 04:44 AM
I'm level 38 (just up from level 37 due to gazebo buying - nice tip that one) and looking forward to my next expansion. Does anybody know how much coins that one will need? Since I'm not on that level yet it won't show me but I'd like to know so I know what approach to take - the coin or the time consuming one :-)

I believe it is 600,000.

Rachael98
10-11-11, 05:01 AM
I believe it is 600,000.

That would make sense as the previous one is 500,000:)

DerGelbeKaiser
10-11-11, 02:36 PM
Oops, shouldn't have bought so many gazebos....
:-) Oh well, two levels time to gather money. And right now I'm a bit unsinspired abotu what to do with an extention anyway. I could do with some larger decor but the last to boxes I got after buying the crypt just had tiny stuff in them.
I wish we had something really new for coins - different animals, stables, workshops, something!

pinkster73
10-11-11, 02:41 PM
:-) Oh well, two levels time to gather money. And right now I'm a bit unsinspired abotu what to do with an extention anyway. I could do with some larger decor but the last to boxes I got after buying the crypt just had tiny stuff in them.
I wish we had something really new for coins - different animals, stables, workshops, something!

I would love more kinds of houses

Rachael98
10-11-11, 02:43 PM

One word:
FAIL.
You bought too many gazebos for the expansion? D'oh!

Ah well, I agree with Pinkster. I want more buildings.

DerGelbeKaiser
10-11-11, 03:17 PM
I bought baout 15 (and sold them) which brought me up to level 38.
But it is actually easier (or at least quicker) to collect money than xp. Still leave me with the question what to do with more space.
A bigger hill? I tried a river but wasn't too happy with the result. Tried the koi pond but I really really don't like the trees that come with it.
Hm, maybe a maze made out of hedges...