PDA

View Full Version : Game frequently goes offline

marrrina
10-08-11, 08:55 AM
Since the latest update (the one in which collectibles started) I have found that all of the TL games I play (RS, BS, FS) get the "Oh Darn!" offline error pop-up despite the fact I am not having any connectivity issues.

I experience this more with Bakery Story than any of the other games. For example, if I tip a neighbour, then seek to go to another neighbour's bakery, I receive the offline pop-up. I hit 'Try Again' and the game reconnects immediately and operates fine until I move on to the next bakery, where I get another offline pop-up.

I have restored my device (2nd gen. iPod Touch) as well as reset all of the applications. The problem hasn't resolved. Is anyone else experiencing this?

lyzzandra
10-08-11, 09:00 AM
me too, on all stories today (bakery, restaurant, fashion, farm, nightclub).. except on the halloween version of farm story

Phthon
10-08-11, 09:09 AM
I'm guessing that there are lotsmof people playing and overloading their servers. This happens on games other than teamlava games as well as World Of Warcraft (hubby plays).

I often experience this on the weekend, probably cause there are more people able to play instead of working! :D

Rachael98
10-08-11, 09:19 AM
Yes, same here and I share Phthon's theory. Unless it's wrong:p.

Phthon
10-08-11, 09:21 AM
Yes, same here and I share Phthon's theory. Unless it's wrong:p.

WHAT?!?! I am NEVER wrong. Misguided. Misunderstood. Insane...but never wrong!

saintlover
10-08-11, 09:23 AM
Glad it's not just me

marrrina
10-08-11, 09:27 AM
Hmm, well, it's an issue that started days ago, and has never happened with this sort of frequency, if at all, on previous weekends, which makes me think it could be more than a server capacity issue.

lyzzandra
10-08-11, 10:19 AM
this happens far too often today, not a normal occurrence on weekends

desertfarmer
10-08-11, 11:12 AM
Guessing they change their out of sync to offline status.....

kooky panda
10-08-11, 12:26 PM
It may be that TL is currently working on tasks and collectible issues. Tasks have been fixed, not collectibles yet. I had problems this morning., Now I am working good.
If it gets too bad, I restart my device and I can run longer without the sync errors. Try closing out all games except for the one you are playing and this helps with the lagging.

lyzzandra
10-09-11, 08:32 AM
i still have the same issues, i am on the verge of giving up visiting nbrs as it is quite pointless and frustrating! and yes, i have restarted my ipad but no success.

kathrynzooloo
10-09-11, 08:45 AM
This seems to be related to gem offers because when it reconnects the first thing that appears is the" free gift with purchase of gems" Offer. Perhaps the offer should not pop up continually. 

Carolina2004100
10-09-11, 08:57 AM
This has been happening to me too! Ughhh I can't take it anymore! It's nearly impossible to tip your neighbors especially if you have a lot.

Rachael98
10-09-11, 09:02 AM
WHAT?!?! I am NEVER wrong. Misguided. Misunderstood. Insane...but never wrong!

Which means that I always agree-.-
I hope that it can be made better at some point:).

kooky panda
10-09-11, 10:56 AM
I have turned this bakery issue over to GM. Please come post here the information I need (see post 9)

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18584-Game-Running-Super-Slow-When-Visiting-Neighbors-Bakeries&p=150920&posted=1#post150920

bcreative
10-18-11, 11:42 AM
Happens to me a lot and what makes it worse is that when all my counters have been filled with food, the game goes out & and when it comes back every single piece of food is GONE!!! I spent days (one week to be exact) making all that food, do you know how frustrating that is and the food is gone within five seconds of unblocking the door. Thousands of plates of food gone like that! The customers don't even get the chance to sit down!

bunny_foo
10-18-11, 08:45 PM
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. It's frustrating to start cooking food only to come back to find empty stoves because the game lost connection. Tonight I haven't even been able to connect at all to BS or FS :( I hope it's just temporary and that I don't come back to a store of spoiled food.

kiwi6fruit
10-18-11, 08:57 PM
I agree with bunny_foo - glad to know I'm not the only one. I just updated my iPad to iOS 5 yesterday and just this evening while playing BS, it cut out and took me back to the apps screen. Then when I try to get back into BS it's saying that I don't have internet connection when I really do (all the other internet required apps work and I don't play the other Story games). I thought maybe this was an iOS issue. I've rebooted the iPad a few times too, but BS still won't recognize the internet connection. Hopefully this is temporary and it disappears as quickly as it came. I have quite a few neighbors I wanted to tip and goods baking. :(

sophiacml
10-18-11, 09:00 PM
Crashing games on RS, BS, & FashS after the update. Woo... my foods & clothes bye bye kabut! Come on teamlava!

kooky panda
10-18-11, 09:06 PM
current issues on the games started about hour ago.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18928-Possible-Connection-Issues-on-Restaurant

Wilbursworld
10-18-11, 09:17 PM
It's happening to me too and it's not even the weekend overload. I'm on the iPad 1