PDA

View Full Version : Good eats!

GroupMagma
10-06-11, 03:25 PM
http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad218/NormantheFarmer/rest_tease_brew.png

Soon, you'll be able to make the Witch's Brew in a cauldron of your own!

Rachael98
10-06-11, 03:27 PM
"Bubble, bubble...". Now, that's Shakespearian; definitely of British origin!

redbites
10-06-11, 03:29 PM
I'm sure that will be tasty!! I hope it's for the stove and is either 12 or 16 hours

sissy8
10-06-11, 03:34 PM
jummy:o:o:o

shakiba
10-06-11, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't eat that if i were you, who knows maybe it will taste like chicken soup! xD

swiep07
10-06-11, 03:42 PM
The eye is peeking at me! Yum!

redbites
10-06-11, 03:44 PM
Oh no GM spelt cauldron incorrectly......................lol

Rachael98
10-06-11, 03:48 PM

Shush:p; that needs to go in the Etymology Thread:p...

Phthon
10-06-11, 03:52 PM
"Round about the cauldron go.
In the poisoned entrails throw.

Whole grain wheat and lentils too.
In the cauldron seethe and stew.

Double hubble, Stubble trouble.
Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

Baboon hair and mandrake root.
Carrot juice and tounge of boot.

Owl hoot and glow worm glimmer.
Boil - then allow to simmer."

--Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters

bawpotter
10-06-11, 04:11 PM
Yes! I am so excited!

munchiez11
10-06-11, 04:20 PM
Cool! finally! can't wait.

swagalish
10-06-11, 05:21 PM
Lks yummy! 

Yarox
10-06-11, 05:28 PM
I shall master this :-)

jaid666
10-06-11, 05:55 PM
that looks awesome o.o

GroupMagma
10-06-11, 06:03 PM

I believe you're mistaken. /shiftseyes

JoJosBakersDelite
10-06-11, 08:00 PM
YAY!!! Can't wait to make this again!! Woohoo!

ateyema
10-06-11, 10:26 PM
YAY!!! Can't wait to make this again!! Woohoo!

do you remember if it was stove, grill or oven and how many hours ? thank you.

CopperBoom
10-06-11, 11:48 PM
I believe it was stove and like 5 hours. I cooked it about 2 weeks ago

Hawaiianmomma
10-06-11, 11:56 PM
Lol.....is that a man or a woman in that pot......lolthe gift stew at RS has a flower in the bowl....I'm assuming purple for chicks...red for dudes....lol

timmy0808
10-07-11, 12:54 AM
Great great great, 2 more gems, guys!!!

pickle808
10-07-11, 01:00 AM
Still no brew, hope it comes soon!

ateyema
10-07-11, 08:42 AM
I believe it was stove and like 5 hours. I cooked it about 2 weeks ago

thank you!

Leire22
10-15-11, 03:37 PM
It is week, and i still cant cook this in RS, i did nt get any update last 14 days, even i updated in apple store, i am loosing any mood to play, not only RS missing update, in a fact almost all games no update 14 days, am tired from waiting, disappointed and angry !!!!!! 

redbites
10-15-11, 03:39 PM
It is week, and i still cant cook this in RS, i did nt get any update last 14 days, even i updated in apple store, i am loosing any mood to play, not only RS missing update, in a fact almost all games no update 14 days, am tired from waiting, disappointed and angry !!!!!! 
You need the halloween edition to recieve updates

Rachael98
10-15-11, 03:39 PM

Have you downloaded Restaurant Story: Halloween?

Leire22
10-15-11, 08:52 PM
First they want we use normal, delete valentine, now they make halloween, tell s to use it, in few month they will tell s to delete halloween one, etc etc, this is no normal.

nmishii
10-15-11, 09:12 PM

Yes, it can be frustrating to wait for an update that others have received 8 days ago. But be thankful that its only 8 days, not 4 months.

nmishii
10-15-11, 09:17 PM
First they want we use normal, delete valentine, now they make halloween, tell s to use it, in few month they will tell s to delete halloween one, etc etc, this is no normal.

Upgrading to get the latest features is normal with software. End of lifing old versions is normal also.

Leire22
10-16-11, 04:05 AM
Prolly not to all is all this normal, maybe u too normal, never mind.

briguynv
10-16-11, 02:57 PM
Upgrading to get the latest features is normal with software. End of lifing old versions is normal also.

Sorry, I don't think it's normal to keep a "regular" version constantly, but to make people download secondary games temporarily & switch back & forth. between them! Updates usually go INTO one game, making that one game better each time... they don't create totally separate versions alongside the normal game, and make you go back and forth. That IS weird, and frustrating. They could just as easily add these features into the regular version, including the backgrounds & colors & such or even better, make those colors & such OPTIONAL... then remove those backgrounds & such when it's time, changing them with the seasons/holidays/as needed. I have other games where the backgrounds change. Making us have all these different versions of the same game is pointless!

And for those people who wouldn't WANT to download the "special" versions... they could no longer switch between games using the globe menu... it ONLY gives the option to switch to the Halloween version.

Personally, I can't stand some of the colors used in the halloween version of RS... some of the combinations bother my eyes. But in order to master the recipes, and to be able to switch between the games, I have no choice but to use the special version. And to be honest, I don't get Android being upset about iOS getting the separate version. I'd rather not have it... I think the BEST scenario is ALL users on ALL devices get ALL updates in ONE game version!

nmishii
10-16-11, 03:28 PM
Sorry, I don't think it's normal to keep a "regular" version constantly, but to make people download secondary games temporarily & switch back & forth. between them! Updates usually go INTO one game, making that one game better each time... they don't create totally separate versions alongside the normal game, and make you go back and forth. That IS weird, and frustrating. They could just as easily add these features into the regular version, including the backgrounds & colors & such or even better, make those colors & such OPTIONAL... then remove those backgrounds & such when it's time, changing them with the seasons/holidays/as needed. I have other games where the backgrounds change. Making us have all these different versions of the same game is pointless!

And for those people who wouldn't WANT to download the "special" versions... they could no longer switch between games using the globe menu... it ONLY gives the option to switch to the Halloween version.

Personally, I can't stand some of the colors used in the halloween version of RS... some of the combinations bother my eyes. But in order to master the recipes, and to be able to switch between the games, I have no choice but to use the special version. And to be honest, I don't get Android being upset about iOS getting the separate version. I'd rather not have it... I think the BEST scenario is ALL users on ALL devices get ALL updates in ONE game version!

Upgrading versions, some an incremental update or some requiring a complete install, is common with software. Uninstall the regular version now while playing the Halloween version, and later uninstall the Halloween version and install the regular version, which will probably have updated features or bug fixes.

On my previous computer I had Microsoft Office 2003 and Microsoft Office 2007 installed. I was switching between the two because it took time to get used to the 2007 changes. I could have stayed with Office 2003 and not gotten the new 2007 features if I wanted, uninstalled Office 2003 and installed only Office 2007 if I wanted, or kept both on my computer and switch between the two if I wanted. I had the choice to change my mind anytime I wanted on what I wanted installed or not. This isn't exactly the same situation you have, but it is close enough.

But I do agree with your last sentence 100%, "I think the BEST scenario is ALL users on ALL devices get ALL updates in ONE game version!"

briguynv
10-16-11, 04:10 PM
Uninstall the regular version now while playing the Halloween version, and later uninstall the Halloween version and install the regular version, which will probably have updated features or bug fixes.

The problem is, I hate having to delete & re-install so much... already have to do it often for bugs & troubleshooting... shouldn't have to do it for normal game play. They had all the Valentine features IN the normal version... so why not have the Halloween stuff IN the normal version for those of us who don't want that version. I just want to have ONE BS game and ONE RS game without having to delete & reinstall various versions... but I want all possible features & updates in that ONE version!

As for things like Office or most software that I know of really... that is totally different & normal. Yes they come out with new updated versions... but once you upgrade to the new version, you don't eventually delete it, and to go BACK to the original! In fact, eventually, they stop offering support on the older versions. You keep upgrading... you don't go backwards... you don't KEEP the original with the intent to switch back on purpose. Because in fact, after some time, that old version doesn't GET updated, and eventually gets scrapped! In a few years, the 2003 will be obsolete, and Microsoft won't even update it at all or offer support for it... and it won't ever have the same features as 2007. They are totally separate, and always only moving forward, never back & forth.
But with these games, they keep going backward... they have us keep the new versions for a short time, then they say "okay, delete that now, and go back to the original version"... HUH? What's the point!?! I would totally understand if we were just upgrading each time... but not going back & forth... that is the pointless part for me! If after the Halloween, we then upgraded to another NEW version, and never back to the old, I would get it. But back & forth makes no sense! But then again, TL seems to do a LOT that makes no sense. These various versions, totally messing up gifting! Messing up the updates for different devices! Etc, etc, etc! So I don't know why I'm surprised. Really makes me wonder about who's in charge over there, who makes the decisions... obviously not people who actually ever PLAY these games, because then they would realize all the screwups they keep making.

kooky panda
10-16-11, 04:26 PM
The problem is, I hate having to delete & re-install so much... already have to do it often for bugs & troubleshooting... shouldn't have to do it for normal game play. They had all the Valentine features IN the normal version... so why not have the Halloween stuff IN the normal version for those of us who don't want that version. I just want to have ONE BS game and ONE RS game without having to delete & reinstall various versions... but I want all possible features & updates in that ONE version!

As for things like Office or most software that I know of really... that is totally different & normal. Yes they come out with new updated versions... but once you upgrade to the new version, you don't eventually delete it, and to go BACK to the original! In fact, eventually, they stop offering support on the older versions. You keep upgrading... you don't go backwards... you don't KEEP the original with the intent to switch back on purpose. Because in fact, after some time, that old version doesn't GET updated, and eventually gets scrapped! In a few years, the 2003 will be obsolete, and Microsoft won't even update it at all or offer support for it... and it won't ever have the same features as 2007. They are totally separate, and always only moving forward, never back & forth.
But with these games, they keep going backward... they have us keep the new versions for a short time, then they say "okay, delete that now, and go back to the original version"... HUH? What's the point!?! I would totally understand if we were just upgrading each time... but not going back & forth... that is the pointless part for me! If after the Halloween, we then upgraded to another NEW version, and never back to the old, I would get it. But back & forth makes no sense! But then again, TL seems to do a LOT that makes no sense. These various versions, totally messing up gifting! Messing up the updates for different devices! Etc, etc, etc! So I don't know why I'm surprised. Really makes me wonder about who's in charge over there, who makes the decisions... obviously not people who actually ever PLAY these games, because then they would realize all the screwups they keep making.
When the valentine versions first came out, you could not get the new items in the regular game. You had to play valentine only or switch back and forth. They did eventually merge everything to the original game, so now Valentine version is no longer needed.

(same with Farm Story flowers and Farm story summer a long time ago.)

briguynv
10-17-11, 01:42 AM
When the valentine versions first came out, you could not get the new items in the regular game. You had to play valentine only or switch back and forth. They did eventually merge everything to the original game, so now Valentine version is no longer needed.

(same with Farm Story flowers and Farm story summer a long time ago.)

Still seems pointless... and a waste of time & money for TL. Just put everything into the original version from the start. Although since they have started 'deleting' things recently... I am guessing once they delete this Halloween version, it will be gone, and not be merged... even though I don't think it makes that big a deal, and don't see a valid reason to delete recipes that some people didn't get to master... but they will probably do the same thing here... at some point they will just delete this version and everything in it will just be gone. Which would be a shame IMO!