PDA

View Full Version : Item is a constructible part, cant be served ???

sugardumplings
10-06-11, 12:19 AM
I'm trying to build 8 more deep fryers & since I've applied the update, when I redeem gifts sent to me I noticed the msg would say available in "my gifts". So I go look and sure enough they're there & not being applied to my fryers. I tried tapping, as I have enough parts sitting there to finish a fryer & half of another, but I keep getting a Msg saying ....... "Item is a constructible part, cant be served"..
How can I get these parts applied to my fryers or are they just lost to me now? I really hope not because it's hard these days to give/receive gifts since the gifting changes :confused:

nmishii
10-06-11, 12:43 AM
The parts you see in My Gifts are the same parts you see in your cardboard box.

pastrychef17
10-06-11, 01:54 PM
They will be applied to your deep fryers as soon as you have enough to complete and build. Once you complete and build, the same number of parts will be subtracted from your inventory. The process to build the constructibles is the same as before except now you can see how many parts you have in your inventory, whereas before you'd actually have to be building an appliance or else manually track on your own.

carelessred
10-06-11, 06:59 PM
I'm pretty sure Tw stated that they had enough parts to construct 1 and a half fryers.

nmishii
10-06-11, 07:29 PM
I'm pretty sure Tw stated that they had enough parts to construct 1 and a half fryers.

But sugardumplings is counting her parts twice. She has only enough parts to build 3/4 of a fryer.

petenpete
10-09-11, 09:29 AM
frankly, I think placing the constructible parts in the gift box is a layer of information that simply confuses things. It's far easier & more direct to click on the "stove/fryer/oven" itself to see what you have/need and since you can request the parts needed or buy them from that point, I don't see why it's necessary to place those items in the gift box section alongside the croissants, etc. Take them out of the gift box unless they can be used directly from there when you click on them.

nmishii
10-09-11, 09:55 AM
It is confusing people, many have opened threads because they thought the parts in My Gifts were additional parts. But in the boxes if you have the max number of parts needed, it says "Completed" and you don't know how many more parts you have, just that you have at least 5 or 10, depending on what you're building. My Gifts allows you to see how many parts you have.