PDA

View Full Version : Gems/coins out of sync

Gunleaded
06-03-10, 07:34 PM
Explain this.

Why does, for instance, growing to 14x14 cost either 200,000 coins or 20 gems -- and yet you only get 5,000 coins for 10 gems (something I learned to my dismay when I accidentally touched that button and lost 10 gems for a piddly amount of coins, about what I'd earn in one round of cranberries)?

This seems waaaaay out of sync. So the same amount of gems that would get you something that also costs 200,000 coins ... will give you 10,000 coins? 5 percent the value?

Can anyone explain?

Unregistered
06-03-10, 10:29 PM
I also lost my gems by accident and got an unfair sum in return now there is no way i am going to pay for gems with real money!

supercow
06-04-10, 11:00 AM
Coins can be used for a variety of purposes, and so you are paying for the flexibility to do whatever you want with them. If you are buying something specific, you don't have any flexibility by definition, so it is cheaper.

06-04-10, 12:26 PM
I had the same problem, and I would like the gems back. I didn't even use them to purchase something!!

Unregistered
06-04-10, 12:44 PM
If you can buy coins with gems, then why can't you buy gems with coins. I absutely refuse to buy gems with real money. There should be the option on all decor to be purchased with coins. It seems unfair for good players to be limited to what they can buy because they don't have gems and don't want to buy any.

trenae
06-04-10, 12:53 PM
If you can buy coins with gems, then why can't you buy gems with coins. I absutely refuse to buy gems with real money. There should be the option on all decor to be purchased with coins. It seems unfair for good players to be limited to what they can buy because they don't have gems and don't want to buy any.

Ok but they've already posted that in the future gems will be done as promo gems and won't have to be bought. I like that you can't buy gems with coins.

StrawberryFieldsForHours
06-05-10, 01:04 AM
Ok but they've already posted that in the future gems will be done as promo gems and won't have to be bought. I like that you can't buy gems with coins.

Oh, there you are again, trenae, hiya.

I was just replying to another of your posts elsewhere and was left wondering why you liked the gem system as it stands and now have the perfect place to ask, if you will permit me?

Forgive me, I am not asking for the abolition of paid content or anything, I just cannot get my head around why you as a player would like the inability to buy gems with coins?