PDA

View Full Version : pending gifts from people who aren't your neighbors anymore?

sesami
10-05-11, 11:47 AM
I removed a few neighbors that either look like they had abandoned the game, send me too many crappy items, or don't really tip much (0 stars). However, I noticed that some of their pending gifts haven't been removed from the "Messages" section. Some of them have been there for days, and I can't X it out or use gift, or gift back. Is it just going to stay there forever or do I have to re-add them or something? That'd be kind of weird.

MFAcct
10-06-11, 10:23 PM
Right I removed a neighbor and this has happened to me as well. Looks like with he new gifting system they had been eligible to receive a gift from me again but when I didn't gift them back before I removed them it stayed there permanently with the two options grated out.

nmishii
10-06-11, 10:43 PM
I see that also, but for neighbors that are still my neighbors. The messages come and go for 2 days and eventually time out.

There are still bugs in the gifting system and this appears to be one of them.

sillyliza
11-06-11, 09:01 AM
bump.

In my ignorance, when I first joined the game, I sent most of my neighbors a Motor. It seemed the most valuable. Later I learned it has no use yet. I suspect they accepted the gift because I never seem to be able to send them more gifts. The opposite is true too. I accidently accepted a motor (yea for misclicks and hand slips). Now it sits there useless and I won't be able to accept useful gifts from that same neighbor.

TL;DR There needs to be a way to delete gifts a person receives. Or an expiry date at least.

kooky panda
11-06-11, 09:08 AM
bump.

In my ignorance, when I first joined the game, I sent most of my neighbors a Motor. It seemed the most valuable. Later I learned it has no use yet. I suspect they accepted the gift because I never seem to be able to send them more gifts. The opposite is true too. I accidently accepted a motor (yea for misclicks and hand slips). Now it sits there useless and I won't be able to accept useful gifts from that same neighbor.

TL;DR There needs to be a way to delete gifts a person receives. Or an expiry date at least.

You should have the option to decline a gift that someone sends you. If you have a gift you received without an option to decline can you post a screen shot of this?

As nmishii stated the "use gift" may stay, but should time out in a few days. If you have a Use gift that is still in your messages that is older than 48 hours can you post a picture of this?

Here is a normal picture
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/5ab14337.jpg

Phthon
11-06-11, 11:44 AM
Awww...Kooky! You DID receive my gift! :D and you are letting the world know! YAY!

I am now officially famous!

briguynv
11-06-11, 03:30 PM

Even if you accidentally accept a gift you don't want or even a gift you do want but choose not to "use" it for a while... or send someone a gift they don't want... no matter what, you should still GET new gifts after 24 hours, and be able to SEND new gifts after 24 hours. Accepting a gift you can't use doesn't block you from getting more gifts the next day. You don't have to "USE" every gift instantly... I save mine up a lot... both parts & food. I save up my food so if there is ever a time I run out of food while cooking a lot of longer items, I serve the gifts at that time, so I never have zero food out. And the parts, I just accept & save up till I need them. I have LOTS of parts, including motors & springs that people send me, but I still continue to get more gifts from them the next day & the next... and so on!
So even tho you accepted that motor, it may show on your newsfeed because the new gifting bug makes it display for days sometimes... BUT that same person can still send you ANOTHER gift the next day, and the next... as long as it's been 24 hours from when they sent it, AND as long as you haven't accepted the max in YOUR 24 hour period when they try. The whole new 24 hour gifting setup is horribly ridiculous, but it doesn't block you from getting more gifts the next day just because you accepted something you don't use.
So we don't need any delete or expiration on gifts... accepting them, having them sit useless in your stash, etc... doesn't harm anything or block anything.

sillyliza
11-07-11, 01:40 AM
Thank you, briguynv, for the clarification. Obviously, I misunderstood the gift send/receive process. Much obliged. /bow

starstar2
11-07-11, 02:58 AM
Able to see part in our gift section is a new feature.
Thus do value it, else we will be back to square one.

DaojinWildfire
11-07-11, 03:37 PM
Even if you accidentally accept a gift you don't want or even a gift you do want but choose not to "use" it for a while... or send someone a gift they don't want... no matter what, you should still GET new gifts after 24 hours, and be able to SEND new gifts after 24 hours. Accepting a gift you can't use doesn't block you from getting more gifts the next day. You don't have to "USE" every gift instantly... I save mine up a lot... both parts & food. I save up my food so if there is ever a time I run out of food while cooking a lot of longer items, I serve the gifts at that time, so I never have zero food out. And the parts, I just accept & save up till I need them. I have LOTS of parts, including motors & springs that people send me, but I still continue to get more gifts from them the next day & the next... and so on!
So even tho you accepted that motor, it may show on your newsfeed because the new gifting bug makes it display for days sometimes... BUT that same person can still send you ANOTHER gift the next day, and the next... as long as it's been 24 hours from when they sent it, AND as long as you haven't accepted the max in YOUR 24 hour period when they try. It doesn't block you from getting more gifts the next day just because you accepted something you don't use.
So we don't need any delete or expiration on gifts... accepting them, having them sit useless in your stash, etc... doesn't harm anything or block anything.
briguynv pretty much explained the new gifting procedure. If anyone requires further clarification, just let me know.

Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread)

xSnowyOwlx
11-07-11, 04:36 PM
I had the issue for a few days where a neighbor had written something rude on my wall and I deleted her. I had already gifted her that day and I had a gift received from her but it stayed and it finally went away after a few days.