PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Suggestions

greygull
10-05-11, 09:15 AM
Since several holidays are quickly approaching, what new holiday items would you like to see? And copy or repeat any suggestions you see. I based the polls on the most popular suggestions, and then submit the polls to GM.

Just letting everyone know - the polls will consist of new items and decor, but not game features. We are keeping a list of all game features suggested, so please keep adding to it. And don't forget, it does take time to implement new items and features. I'm looking forward to all the new suggestions! And keep adding to the theme thread as well!

sourlicorice2
10-05-11, 10:11 AM
Decorations: Xmas tree, holly, poinsettia, mistletoe, Xmas lights, wreaths

Food items: candy canes, cranberry sauce, Xmas cookies for Santa ,

filo66
10-05-11, 10:36 AM
I'd suggest a nice, ornate Chanukwanzamas bush and/or a big, festively wrapped Chanukwanzamas gift for Android users only This should be free. They owe us at least that. If iOS gets 'em they should be delivered around Valentines Day. ;)

Yarox
10-05-11, 10:51 AM
New years fireworks, champagne
Xmas tree for sure, maybe some wrapped presents.

jayfirefly
10-05-11, 11:22 AM
Christmas lights for coins.

xokay
10-05-11, 12:22 PM
What about dividers decorated with lights? Wall decorations (snow men, candles, etc)

churroo
10-05-11, 02:54 PM
food: crown roast!!! buche de no?l (yule log cake), cake balls (with holly and red ribbon tied to the sticks), peppermint chip cookies, stained glass cookies. also deviled eggs, endive spears and other hors d'oeuvres for New Years

decor: snow and gingerbread floor tiles, gingerbread tables and chairs and dividers (with gumdrop finials!), giant glass ornaments (as stand alone sculptures), xmas cookie display table (like a cookie buffet, including a pitcher of milk), santa's workshop (could be 1st prize in a magic box), confetti littered floor tiles

I also really like some of the other ideas I've seen here and in the contest thread: dividers decorated with lights, a big ornate gingerbread house (4x4 would be awesome), xmas tree, toy chest, champagne

http://www.jonbalayacatering.com/bbq-image-3.png http://www.espace-enfants.com/magazine/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/k1.jpg http://d30opm7hsgivgh.cloudfront.net/upload/2854055_bXPYxr66_b.jpg http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_TPPbqZ6JXEU/SyRvqV9QpqI/AAAAAAAAC9Y/axMNmBEH8aQ/s200/stained-glass-cookies.jpg http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm77/hollywould99/endive.jpg

nananess
10-05-11, 06:14 PM
Ooo! Love those white chocolate candied apples above.
I say ginger bread house/cookies, candy cane latte, caramel apple cider, peppermint mocha.
Christmas tree with lights, stockings to hang on wall, jingle bells

churroo
10-05-11, 09:00 PM
Ooo! Love those white chocolate candied apples above.

They're not candied apples, they're cake balls! I think they would look really nice on our counters though. Maybe they could be displayed on a multi-tiered platter.

I'll second jingle bells and stockings.

greygull
10-05-11, 09:02 PM
Trimmings for the turkey - mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, yams

dd1313
10-05-11, 09:30 PM
for Christmas there should be where nothing costs gems.

queenrocks77
10-06-11, 04:12 AM
Trimmings for the turkey - mashed potatoes, stuffing,green bean casserole, yams

Green bean casserole is a great idea!

honeymonsters
10-06-11, 07:31 AM
Christmas decorations for Walls, floors, tables, chairs. Trees. Santa. Tree. Tinsel. Presents. Snowy stuff. Xmas cookies. Milk. Xmas cake. Roast spuds. Yorkshire puddings. Trifles. Lots of candy, sweets etc. New Xmas gifts and more and more lol

honeymonsters
10-06-11, 07:34 AM
Oh and as Xmas gift. Make gem items 75% off :) or give us lots quests to earn the gem items. Much better

Rachael98
10-06-11, 07:41 AM
How about a Brussel Sprout decoration:D?

3squares
10-07-11, 04:45 AM
What the heck is on that endive??? Looks good.

sweett383
10-08-11, 09:20 AM
I have an idea although not sure if its been posted before.... Is it possible to create or "dress up" the customers for a little while....

Thought it would be cool if the clothes changed with the seasons or the holidays... so for Halloween a few zombies or kitties or even a celebrity might come in for a bite to eat..

cyjalvin
10-08-11, 06:13 PM
All I ask for is just cube bushes, and more variations of blue tiles.. =)

YURTIE
10-09-11, 04:35 AM
Decorations: Xmas tree, holly, poinsettia, mistletoe, Xmas lights, wreaths

Food items: candy canes, cranberry sauce, Xmas cookies for Santa ,

We have a holiday tree already!

missrose12
10-09-11, 06:34 PM
gotta have turkey for thanksgiving:P
maybe fall leaves for wall decoration
snowman for christmas decoration

Hawaiianmomma
10-09-11, 11:16 PM
Indingo Glass Wall Tiles In Variant Shades(Wall Paper)

cdv247
10-11-11, 06:25 AM
Turducken--a chicken inside of a duck inside of a turkey

Sweet potato casserole; green bean casserole; chestnut stuffing

cdv247
10-11-11, 06:25 AM
Also cranberry bread pudding!

summerfae
10-12-11, 10:59 AM
how about some items not just for christmas for the rest of us folks. i suggest latkas, noodle kugel, stuffed cabbage, brisket and maybe manishevitz for the drink fountain. come on, let's be multicultural here people :cool:

redbites
10-12-11, 03:36 PM
More drinks for the drink machine!!

marmento
10-12-11, 03:53 PM
I second that!

marmento
10-12-11, 03:54 PM
I don't know that I like manishevit I can second the other suggestions.

fb424
10-12-11, 04:22 PM
I would really like to see A Thanksgiving and Christmas version of restaurant story if you would like to know my ideas pm and me and ill try my best to get to you

electrickim
10-15-11, 11:38 AM
I'm not sure if this is for Thanksgiving or Christmas, so I'll make 2 ;D

Thanksgiving
Foods: Turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, mashed potatos with gravy, apple cider, sweet potatoes, squash.

Christmas/Holiday Season
Foods: Egg nog, ham, christmas cookies & milk, cranberry sauce, hot chocolate, fruitcake, gingerbread, turduckan (I'm hungry now!)

Decor: Wreaths, Christmas Trees, Manoras, Jingle Bells, Stockings, Snowglobes, holly pattern wallpaper, etc. You should also make the server wear an elf hat or something haha

greygull
10-15-11, 11:41 AM
This thread is for any and all holidays in the next few months, from anywhere in the world :)

redbites
10-15-11, 11:41 AM
This christmas what I would really like to see would be a massive christmas tree!

JuniperFruit
10-15-11, 04:24 PM
This isn't exactly a holiday suggestion, but it is a suggestion and i couldn't find the other thread to put it in.
I wish there was a tab to organize recipes by the time it takes to cook. There are already tabs that organize them into the different courses of a meal, so I wouldn't think adding an additional tab that organizes them by time would be too much harder. I just think it would be really convenient.

bletchingdon
10-21-11, 01:08 AM
Stockings.

3squares
10-22-11, 02:22 AM
Roast Goose! Beef Wellington!

Yum

Joypickles
10-22-11, 10:32 PM
I'm in Australia so Christmas here is hot, very hot, no snow for us. So I would love seafood as that's what we have for Christmas, prawns, lobster etc and cold salads. Also a christmas punch of some kind for the drink machine.

BakeryThing
10-24-11, 01:14 AM
I have an outdoor & animal theme in my restaurant, so I'm really hoping for winter/christmas we get snowy floor tiles & icy water floor tiles so I can convert my grass & water to their winter compliments.

missrose12
10-24-11, 04:41 PM
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1337439490456&id=2f88e9bd7da5e807f3118b7caf166779
christmas rosemary turkey

http://blackberry-applications.net/uploads/allimg/101223/2-1012231553490-L.jpg

http://familyfun.go.com/assets/cms/recipes/holiday-pretzel-treats-christmas-recipe-photo-420-FF0105ALMFA02.jpg

http://factoidz.com/images/user/30693.jpg

:cool:

gobblies
10-24-11, 04:43 PM
Gingerbread theme!

Cutie4life900
10-24-11, 05:00 PM
Christmas cookies, stockings, fireplace, hot chocolate, eggnog, christmas lights, christmas presents, PLEASE
LET US BUY WITH COINS!!!! :)

tammystreats
10-24-11, 05:07 PM
food: cookies, candies, turkey, stuffing, cranberries, sweet potatoes, ginger bread, more drinks
Decor: Xmas tree, evergreen garland with lights, wreath, festive tabes/chairs

BellasPalace1
10-24-11, 06:19 PM
Deco: Christmas tree with presents around it, lighted windows (with holiday lights of course), christmas wreath, new christmas-y colored and/or snowy tiles and walls, garland, mistletoe

Food: Ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, candy canes, cheese balls with crackers, chocolate covered strawberries, candy apples, green bean casserole, christmas tree cupcakes > (see photo attachment)

Clothes: Mrs. Clause outfit, red dress outfit

BellasPalace1
10-24-11, 06:21 PM
This isn't exactly a holiday suggestion, but it is a suggestion and i couldn't find the other thread to put it in.
I wish there was a tab to organize recipes by the time it takes to cook. There are already tabs that organize them into the different courses of a meal, so I wouldn't think adding an additional tab that organizes them by time would be too much harder. I just think it would be really convenient.

You will probably have to post this in the discussions thread...might get rerouted there anyway. Otherwise, I TOTALLY agree with you.

driftboutique
10-31-11, 01:02 PM
Turducken
Cornish game hen
Stuffing/dressing
Butternut squash soup
Cranberry sauce
Mashed potatoes with gravy
Brisket
Latkes
Candy cane brownies
Mini quiche
Puff pastry bites
Fruit and cheese plate
Mulled cider
Chocolate truffles
Peppermint wheel cookies
Pumpkin cheesecake
Fall salad with pears, blue cheese and cranberries
Chocolate oranges

sourlicorice2
10-31-11, 01:26 PM
How about a Brussel Sprout decoration:D?

Eeewwwwww I hate Brussels Sprouts 

sourlicorice2
10-31-11, 01:27 PM
We have a holiday tree already!

No we don't.

greygull
11-01-11, 10:34 AM
New poll coming up tomorrow! Keep suggesting new things - the most popular ones will make it onto the poll!

sourlicorice2
11-01-11, 08:37 PM
I'd like to see some red and green tiles for coins not gems - it would take to many gems to complete a floor and I refuse to waste gems on floor tiles cause of that.

I'd also like to see red and green wallpaper again for coins not gems.

Even if they came out with fancy Xmas tiles and wallpaper for gems that's fine but please add at least simple red and green tiles and wallpaper. Currently there aren't any.

jtcgabe
11-04-11, 10:28 PM
* Gingerbread House

* Tamales - multicultural and well known food item

* Mexican Hot Chocolate

* Cornbread

* Stuffing

* Pumpkin ****e Latte

* Gingerbread Latte

* Chocolate Yule Log

* Christmas Punch

* Reindeer decoration, like the ones that go on lawns

* Snowmen

* Penguins in winter clothing

* Ice Skates that hang on the wall

* Tofurkey

cedar2
11-04-11, 10:36 PM
A Christmas present tower,and ski hill

jtcgabe
11-04-11, 10:40 PM
* An Elf statue

* Rudolph

* Sparkling Punch for New Years

* Mole - multicultural holiday food

* Finger foods, appetizers

* Three kings Bread (Rosca de Reyes)

chezdubois622
11-07-11, 08:16 AM
THis isn't necessari;y for CHristmas, but at our house we always make a big lasagne for wen family comes over Christmas Eve

NanC24
11-23-11, 11:44 AM
I would like Christmas tree and lights for coins

dd1313
11-23-11, 11:45 AM
I would like Christmas tree and lights for coins

That would be neat to see

Sina680
11-23-11, 12:26 PM
Lights, lights & more lights! A Xmas tree, a big snowman would be cute! Presents pile...Nice tables & chairs...Snow or Ice tiles would also be cute, so my pond could look like it froze ;-)

greygull
11-28-11, 09:28 PM
New poll coming soon! Any New Years, Valentine's, or other upcoming holiday items/foods you'd want to see? Even just everyday items?