PDA

View Full Version : Footprint of new items

DoubleZ
10-04-11, 11:56 AM
I've been noticing that the footprint on all the new items is much larger than it needs to be. One example is the Cat-O-Lantern. It shouldn't require anymore space than a birdbath, but instead, it requires the same amount of space as a tree.
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i284/pupsavr4life/Misc/a9b69bb0.jpg

Other examples are the garage (collectible, can't place it right next to another building...leaves a wasted space gap between), tool rack (collectible, no larger than a wood pile but requires same amount of space as a tree), caramel apple tree (which are notably smaller than the other trees), black roses (these are just bad all the way around) and others. I have tool racks in my inventory that I won't place on my farm because they won't fit next to a building where they belong. Who keeps tools in the middle of the yard?

What has changed? Obviously, the technology is available. Does the TL Development Team now consist of people that don't know how to appropriately size items? Inquiring minds want to know! 

xokay
10-04-11, 12:04 PM
I'll pass this on. :)

pinkster73
10-04-11, 12:09 PM
I agree. I love the stuff that only takes a quarter square. It helps me to keep things realistic. (And my farm crammed full of stuff)

DoubleZ
10-04-11, 02:56 PM

Thank you!

DoubleZ
10-04-11, 02:56 PM
I agree. I love the stuff that only takes a quarter square. It helps me to keep things realistic. (And my farm crammed full of stuff)

Exactly! Lol!

Rachael98
10-04-11, 03:19 PM

Thank you.
I agree.

xokay
10-04-11, 06:43 PM
Not a problem. I definitely agree about the Pumpkins. They shouldn't take up a full square like that. I found that really frustrating last night while redecorating my farm.

pattisue1
10-04-11, 07:36 PM
I've noticed the same thing as Doublez. Except it started with the scale on the red farm truck which TL fixed. The forget me not flowers are still scaled too small for the plot and plow lines are also visible. Is TL importing these new items from another game where the scale is different?

Olderyzer
10-05-11, 07:03 AM
I saw that, too!! Yep! Yep! I saw that, too!!!!

DoubleZ
10-17-11, 11:40 AM
Any word on whether TL plans to address the footprint issues?

pinkster73
10-17-11, 12:03 PM
How about fixing the scale of the too small black roses? They look ridiculous.

kooky panda
10-17-11, 12:05 PM
I checked and my truck and garage seems okay . they are right next to each other with no dead space.

I do have issues with the pumpkins and I cannot place them next to each other.

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/60a87a4c.jpg

GroupMagma
10-17-11, 01:42 PM
By Pumpkins, do you mean the Giant or regular variety? I assume Giant, but I haven't seen any issues with its footprint; nothing that would be construed a bug, anyhow. Can you provide screenshots of this issue?

Rachael98
10-17-11, 01:46 PM
By Pumpkins, do you mean the Giant or regular variety? I assume Giant, but I haven't seen any issues with its footprint; nothing that would be construed a bug, anyhow. Can you provide screenshots of this issue?

I thought it was regular...I mean, you expect "giant" to be big. But the regular is as big (by the footprint) as a tree, or crop space...

kooky panda
10-17-11, 02:05 PM

The small pumpkins Here is a picture :
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/7558b611.jpg

pinkster73
10-17-11, 02:13 PM

The cat o lanterns I believe

Rachael98
10-17-11, 02:14 PM
The cat o lanterns I believe

Yes...those gifts:).

DerGelbeKaiser
10-18-11, 01:55 PM

It's not a bug. It's just a pity that we can't place the lanterns right next to each other. I was hoping to do something along the lines of hayart with it but it's not possible.
Maybe it'S because people have complianed a lot about items being too small (afternoon tea, for example)
I also prefer items with smaller footprints (half or quarter square) but I can see how it is easier to sell larger stuff.

sissy8
10-18-11, 02:16 PM
I just want to expand:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

pinkster73
10-18-11, 02:19 PM
I just want to expand:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Really? I thought you wanted some kind of animal, what was it, hmmm, a guinea pig or something?

GroupMagma
10-18-11, 03:39 PM
Really? I thought you wanted some kind of animal, what was it, hmmm, a guinea pig or something?

She's never mentioned anything of the sort to me. How am I supposed to make suggestions without feedback?