PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Story Android in unsupported country help

Faufiffon
10-01-11, 03:11 PM
Hi everybody, I've recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 and was shocked when I realized that the Android Market wasn't fully available in my country (Turkey): no paid apps, including the free ones with in-app purchases. I think this is totally unacceptable so I've been trying to find a solution for the last few days.
After a lot of googling, I learned about apk files and found a RS v1.1.7 that I installed successfully. The game seemed to be working fine at first (for instance I got the last weekly update) but I realized today that this is not the case. Here's a list of some issues:
- Game freezes every time I try to send a gift to my neighbors. Force close is the only solution.
- Scrolling down in the news - gifts section freezes the game.
- When I am able to accept a gift (it often freezes before I can do anything), the quantity is 1.
- No drink machine.
- I don't see the version of the game in the Help/Faq section.
- I don't see material parts in the gift section.
- And so on.

So. What can I do? Is there a way I can update the game to its last version (1.2.5 if I'm not mistaken) without the Android Market? Is there a place where I can download the most recent apk file?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Faufiffon
10-01-11, 04:57 PM
Ok, I finally found the 1.2.1 version of the game (current version according to the android market) and all the issues listed above are gone. My tip rating seem to be stuck at lvl 3 but I don't care.

Rachael98
10-01-11, 04:59 PM
Ok, I finally found the 1.2.1 version of the game (current version according to the android market) and all the issues listed above are gone. My tip rating seem to be stuck at lvl 3 but I don't care.

It takes a lot of work to get to level 4. Keep on tipping for ages and you'll see it increase. Then, once you have 4, tip 20-30 more, then 20-30 or more daily from that point to maintain it:).

trenae
10-01-11, 05:04 PM
So. What can I do? Is there a way I can update the game to its last version (1.2.5 if I'm not mistaken) without the Android Market? Is there a place where I can download the most recent apk file?

As a reminder, it is not wise to download apps from an unknown source as there could be potential issues/potentially harm. It is only recommended to install apps directly from the respective official app store/market.

expressW
10-01-11, 07:57 PM
Hello Faufiffon,

I have to go to work in China sometimes where paid apps, in-app purchases are not supported by Google checkout/market and the one way you can get paid apps, get the newest TL games updates and buy gems is to put in a sim card from a country that google supports....

expressW
10-01-11, 07:59 PM
Also, this is not TL's fault, this is an issue between Google and the home country. Maybe you can email Google and ask them when Turkey can get paid apps.

Hope it helps!

(sorry to double post, accidentally pressed post quick reply)

Faufiffon
10-02-11, 05:53 AM
As a reminder, it is not wise to download apps from an unknown source as there could be potential issues/potentially harm. It is only recommended to install apps directly from the respective official app store/market.

Yes I am aware of that but it was the only way for me to play the game without having to wait too long...

Faufiffon
10-02-11, 06:01 AM
Hello Faufiffon,

I have to go to work in China sometimes where paid apps, in-app purchases are not supported by Google checkout/market and the one way you can get paid apps, get the newest TL games updates and buy gems is to put in a sim card from a country that google supports....

Yes I am currently waiting for a friend who will bring with him a French sim card ;) I hope it'll work...

Also, this is not TL's fault, this is an issue between Google and the home country. Maybe you can email Google and ask them when Turkey can get paid apps.

Hope it helps!

(sorry to double post, accidentally pressed post quick reply)

Well Google seem to have a problem with a lot of countries, Turkey is not alone without Android Market/Paid apps... The problem seem to be a lack of agreement on taxes. A problem that Apple doesn't have obviously because the Apple App Store is fully available here...