PDA

View Full Version : Money Leveling

Darkknight426
06-03-10, 01:38 PM
So i was out on my farm and pulling on my carrot and berries (cough) when suddenly an question stuck me upside the head. Either that or it was my neighbor throwing onions at me to get me to take my business inside. But that aside, the question was, i havent seen a post about what if someone wanted to level up to 31 as fast as possible and maybe beyond after the cap is raised. What would it take to do that? Well not a lot of people have calc sheets but i found that the best way to money level yourself to the highest lvl possible is to plant strawberries and or raspberries. Now yes its the fastest way to earn money too...but planting berries is also the cheapest way to earn XP. In fact it only costs $5 per xp, That includes the cost to plow.

So if you want to lvl fast, go with raspberries, and you will earn good money while doing it. and at $5/xp it only costs $250,000 to get to 50K xp. I am taking a guess here and saying that to hit lvl 31 you need 50K xp.

I know not my best post, but eh..hopefully it gets stickied..*crosses fingers*

Farmer Grud
06-03-10, 01:58 PM
First off, DK you need help, LOL

Secondly, I'd argue that the fastest way to level would be with Strawberries, NOT Raspberries as you get NO experience from harvesting Raspberries except for the 1 point of experience that you get for plowing the ground. Also, at most you can really only plant about 40 Raspberries before they are ripe and you need to start harvesting, whereas you can plant a whole screen of Strawberries (whether that be 10x10 or even 15x15) before you need to start harvesting. Bottom line, Strawberries give you more money and experience then any crop if you are willing to put in the time to constantly harvest them.

trenae
06-03-10, 02:41 PM
haha FG/DG - you're so right DK does need help lol

However I'd argue with you on the strawberries vs raspberries actually.

And as one that has used both of those I found that I was able to get a bit more from raspberries then strawberries. By the time I'm done planting raspberries on 15x15 they are already ready to be harvested and then can keep going where as if I was doing it with strawberries I'd have to wait. I'm able to do the raspberries about 3 times in the amount of time it would take to do strawberries and have to wait. If I were looking at Strawberries versus Raspberries and using the 3 times for raspberries in the amount of time it takes for one batch of strawberries - that would be 2 xp for strawberries in 5 minutes (plowing and planting) and 3 xp for raspberries (plowing only for 3 times in the amount of time 1 batch of strawberries is done).

Raspberries still win out if one has the patience to do it.

Unregistered
06-03-10, 04:43 PM
First of all what I do in the openness of my own farm is no ones business lol. Haha but yes i did mean strawberries. I did the calc for strawberries but put down raspberries instead. My fault on that.

Also to Trenae. It's true that raspeberries gives u faster xp, but cost twice as much as strawberries in terms of cost per xp. Stwbrs cost 5 pet xp. And raspberries cost 10 per xp. So CHEAPEST is still strawberries.

And stop throwing onions at me dagrud. :D

Unregistered
06-04-10, 01:35 AM
Your calculation would only be right if one were only planting raspberries once per five minutes. The ratio per xp per five minutes for both strawberries and raspberries is $10/xp per five minutes if one planted raspberries at least 3x per five minutes.

In five minutes - based on 15x15 (225 squares)

strawberries:
-$2250 plotting expense
+$6750 crop earnings
= 4500 profit
450 xp (plotting and for planting strawberries)
$10 per 1 xp per 5 minutes

raspberries (based on 3x in five minutes)
-$6750 plotting expense
+$13,500 crop earnings
= 6750 profit
675 xp (plotting only)
$10 per 1 xp per five minutes

DArkKnight426
06-04-10, 06:15 AM
Ah my dear unregistered. Well I like ur initiative. I must point out that ur confusing two issues. I am talking about COST per xp. In your calc below you are talking about profit per xp. It doesent matter if you plant one time or 100 times. The cheapest xp costs are with strawberries. $10 gives you 2 xp with strawberries.

Trenae
06-04-10, 07:41 AM
Dk that makes no sense. Basing it off base price would not give you the correct information as you leave out part of the calculation. In fact raspberries is the more
profitable as well as quickest way to level up if one was planting raspberries at least 3 times per five minutes. There's no point in looking at how "cheap" 1
xp is if you fail to look at the overall picture - that also would be a very bad business move. In order for one to be the cheapest you also need to factor in the cost and time of the crop as well as the profit you makes off of it.

So in the end raspberries still win out over stareberries if one planted raspberries 3x per five minutes.

I'd also think twice before going into business with you DK :p

Rassler
06-04-10, 09:28 AM
I do have a spread sheet for FarmStory. Perhaps someone is interested on

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn61/Ambel_Photos/FarmStory_03.jpg

Farmer Grud
06-04-10, 10:24 PM
I do have a spread sheet for FarmStory. Perhaps someone is interested on

While I like your spreadsheet, it's got purdy colors and all, I couldn't help but see it had at least one error on it. You show Raspberries as giving No EXP, but you would get one point of EXP from plowing the ground to plant said fruit. You seem to have factored in this one point of EXP in your other crops so I don't know why you missed it on the Raspberries. Are you try'n to test 'ole Grud? If so, did I pass? :)

As for the bigger debate in this thread, I still argue that Strawberries are the best, but that's because I'm too slow to plant a whole field of Raspberries before they wither & die from me not picking them. I leveled fast by harvesting & planting one row of Strawberries at a time then moving to the next row. By the time I got to my last row, my first row was usually less then 30 seconds away from being ready to harvest so I could start the whole process over again. But this thread is starting to feel too much like math class at this point so I say, "Plant either & bring me a pie when your done!"

As for you DK, if you don't take that indoors I'm gonna stop throwing onions at you and instead release my bull into your fields. :p

Rassler
06-04-10, 10:54 PM
While I like your spreadsheet, it's got purdy colors and all, I couldn't help but see it had at least one error on it. You show Raspberries as giving No EXP, but you would get one point of EXP from plowing the ground to plant said fruit. You seem to have factored in this one point of EXP in your other crops so I don't know why you missed it on the Raspberries. Are you try'n to test 'ole Grud? If so, did I pass? :)

Your right with the raspberries! I have corrected the spread-sheet and posted it again
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn61/Ambel_Photos/FarmStory_03-1.jpg

DarkKnight426
06-08-10, 09:09 AM
woah..totally forgot about this thread...gotta defend my position lol..

Ok i still stand by my notion of strawberries giving you the best xp over all and here's why...maybe it was my fault for not explaining clearly. This post was about money leveling. Meaning if you have money and want to blast through to lvl up, then this is it.

Plow the field -10, +1 xp
Plant Strawberries -0, +1 xp
delete field
and repeat

what you end up with is that each xp costs only $5. you can do this with other plants too but this with strawberries is the cheapest. Raspberries do not give you xp when planted so they would come out to $10 per xp.

That is what i initially meant it to be. Now keep in mind this is no way profitable.

Unregistered
06-08-10, 09:11 AM
As for you DK, if you don't take that indoors I'm gonna stop throwing onions at you and instead release my bull into your fields. :p

Release your bull into my fields? hey keep you and your dirty euphemisms to yourself please. Thats my job, plus i dont swing that way FG, not that there is anything wrong with it lol...:D:D

Unregistered
06-08-10, 04:41 PM
Your right with the raspberries! I have corrected the spread-sheet and posted it again
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn61/Ambel_Photos/FarmStory_03-1.jpg

With your spreadsheet you are missing something important : $ and xp per hour (or per minutes, as you like) ... and you'll see that cabbage is the easier one to up your xp/money (6h), just after the Cantaloupe, but this one needs you are back every 3h.

Unregistered
06-10-10, 09:42 AM
Hey is that spreadsheet available somewhere? Please let me know. I made one myself just to decide which crop is most profitable for a given time period (short like while Im at work versus long like while I'm sleeping or away from the game for a whole day). But the bottom line is your spreadsheet looks way better than what I threw together. The only thing I'd suggest is that while having the numbers out there for a complete 12x12 & 15x15 farm are fine, very few people have their entire area planted with crops (trees, animals decorations, etc). So on mine I have a box with my farm size (15x15) and a spot where I enter in my un-planted plots, so the calculations work on the actual number of planted plots in my farm. Anyway, please share your if you can. Thanks.

Shnarf313
06-19-10, 03:46 PM
I think the argument for strawberries vs. raspberries is relevant only if you were playing totally by yourself. I find that when I have time, I plant strawberries in the majority of my field. While they grow, I go and water my neighbors, then start with the community. By the time I get back, I already have people returning the favor and my strawberries have a higher yield. Even better, some of the people not on now, return the favor after I have planted my overnight crop and in the morning my field is almost totally watered. If you are being a community player, strawberries wins hands down since you have time to go water neighbors and others, but that is only my thought on it. I like to crunch the numbers, but numbers aren?t everything.