PDA

View Full Version : NEW parts request issue after update...

briguynv
09-30-11, 11:07 PM
I posted this in the update thread, but I'm afraid it will be lost there, so I figured I should start a new one ABOUT the issue.

Okay... very weird issue coming up with the new update. If I'm in BS, and I use the globe button to switch to RS... and listed under RS it says a neighbor needs wiring... and instead of "play" it says "accept"... so I select that, and it takes me TO RS... but when I get to RS, there is NO part request. At first I thought maybe by clicking the 'accept' and switching into the game, it GAVE the part that was being requested. But since then, I've done it at least 10 times since I first saw it, and the SAME person requesting the SAME part is still listed there in the globe game list. So obviously this is an issue with the update.

Also, I sent out part requests a few hours ago... and I have only received maybe 3 parts... so now I'm wondering if anyone even got the requests. Also, I would guess LOTS of people would be sending out requests for the new sushi counter... but I haven't gotten any. So I'm now wondering if part requests are broken again.

greygull
09-30-11, 11:31 PM
For the first part - I had noticed that as well, with the "Accept" instead of "Play". I just tested it out - I *think* it says that if you haven't closed out that game. I had only Farm saying that before (didn't realize the game was still running in the background), then I just game jumped right now, and several now say accept. I'm not completely sure though.

For the second part - can you provide your info (device, version, etc), so that this can be the thread about this issue? I am waiting for the morning to send requests out, but I have received several.

briguynv
10-01-11, 12:14 AM
First, even when I closed out the game, which I now do every time since I learned how a few weeks ago... it still shows the same message... saying that same neighbor is requesting wire... and the option to go there is "accept". The accept is fine... and all of a sudden, my "main" games, RS & BS are back on top of the list, that's a plus lol... but the one message saying she needs wire won't go away, and it won't let me give it to her... cuz the actual request doesn't show up in my newsfeed.

The one this message is on is my iphone 4, version 4.2.10, which is the most up to date for the Verizon models. RS is the new 1.3. I didn't try deleting, since I just rebooted today and then installed this new version... since it's a brand new install anyway, I would hope I don't need to reinstall already.

I have similar messages on all games & both my devices in the globe menu, like "so & so wrote a message on your wall"... then it says accept to switch. But the problem is it saying I have a material/part request... but that request never appears, so I can't accept it. And like I said, I think it's very odd that I haven't gotten a single request all day/evening... very weird since I know people would want to build the sushi counter like I am. I expected a flood of requests asking for parts tonight... but so far, not a single request on EITHER device (my itouch 2nd gen, up to date but now extremely slow & lagging with the new update) yet... just seems odd again and makes me worry.

briguynv
10-01-11, 01:25 AM
Update, now that it's after midnight... I just received my first material request... and accepted it. Then I tried the game change again, after closing both games out completely... now when I change from BS to RS, the message about the nbr asking for wire is gone... but I NEVER got to send the wire to that neighbor. So the message finally disappeared... but I never got to accept that persons request. I'll post if the issue persists, if I get the message again but can't ever see the request.

greygull
10-01-11, 10:41 AM
I actually had something similar happen a few days ago - I was filling a parts request (I had a few pending), and one of the other ones just disappeared. This morning I think I had 6 pending, and I was able to send them all. However, they didn't give me a pop up saying "You have sent (part name) to your friend", so I believe they did go through.

Side note (this is definitely for TL games, but check with other apps before trying) - sometimes having numerous updates without deleting and reinstalling makes them kinda build up and cause lag (I've noticed this on both my iPad and my Droid). Deleting and reinstalling means you only have 1 update for the game (the most recent), not several. So even though I've just updated, it can cause lag. Others have suggested that when there is a new update, delete the game entirely, then just download the current version. I haven't tried that yet, but I may with the next update. Yesterday was very busy for me, so I just updated without trying that way.

briguynv
10-01-11, 02:07 PM
Just happened again, the reverse game this time... I was playing in RS, and went to switch to BS. Still in my iphone. It showed next to BS "ND needs Screw! Help them now!" and showed the accept button. So I clicked accept to go to the game, checked my newsfeed, and NO requests at all, including from ND. So I shut the games down, and tried again... message still there. I came here to report it, and saw your post above, so I deleted BOTH games, and reinstalled them. Opened RS first, then went to change to BS using the globe menu... and once again it reads "ND needs Screw! Help them now!" But when I go to BS, there is still no request.
I'm still thinking that some reqare just falling thru the cracks. Last night, I sent out well over 20 requests in each RS I play in... and in both I received between 8-12 parts... and it's very unusual for that many people to ignore or decline a material request... most people just say yes cuz it's easy and nice to do. I usually get 20 fairly quickly, so I am thinking some people never got my requests.

briguynv
10-01-11, 02:09 PM
hmm lol that was weird, my keyboard just freaked out lol... I was fixing a typo, and it made the typo worse, that 2nd paragraph should say "requests are" lol, and it submitted it for me, I never pressed enter or post lol. Oh well, at least it posted! lol

greygull
10-01-11, 02:44 PM
Just asking, can you screenshot where its saying your neighbor needs the request? If not, don't worry about it. I'll send this over for TL to see either way.

briguynv
10-01-11, 03:27 PM
Now it's doing it on my iTouch also... was in RS, and when I went to switch to BS, it showed a neighbor needs paint... but when I get to BS, no requests.
The touch is 2nd gen, up to date

Yeah, I can take screenshots, now that I now how to do that lol... I just have to find the thread that tells how to upload them here lol, IDK how to do that part lol.

briguynv
10-01-11, 03:47 PM
Okay, let's see if this works... Kooky's thread about tiny pic wasn't exactly how I did it... but I found the IMG code finally, just not in "edit" like he said... so hopefully this will work.
1st is my iPhone globe menu showing the message:
http://i52.tinypic.com/2ywiedd.jpg

2nd is my iPhone newsfeed, showing there is NO material request:
http://i51.tinypic.com/2im2kav.png

3rd is my iTouch, global page showing that message:
http://i53.tinypic.com/2u8gp4g.png

and last is the iTouch newsfeed, again showing no request:
http://i54.tinypic.com/2118jeg.png

Hope these help and hope the pics work. lol

greygull
10-01-11, 04:49 PM
I have sent this bug report over. Now, I have all of my notifications turned off, so mine might be different. I will still get that red 1 (or 2) for several reasons. It could be someone tipped, sent a gift, send a parts request, left a message on my wall, etc. Though the last few days it's been a little off (sometimes not showing anything at all), most of the time it's at either a 1 or a 2, though I had seen 3 or 4. Like I said, I have my notifications off, so it doesn't tell me what it is, just shows the number.

briguynv
10-01-11, 06:25 PM
Wow... this appears to maybe have been fixed already... ? The messages earlier that never went away... they are now gone. And I just got a new message for RS saying someone needed parts... when I went to play the game, their request was actually there! yay! After I accepted it, I closed the games, went back to BS and checked the globe message for RS and no more request message! yay!

Sure wish they could fix gifting this easily! lol

briguynv
10-02-11, 01:56 PM
OH and PS, since you mentioned them, as to the little numbers... I never pay attention to those anymore... they are never right for me. I get 1's & 2's all the time, but when I go to the game, there is NOTHING new... no tips, no gifts, no requests and no new messages on my wall. I even tracked my parts yesterday, thinking maybe people had accepted my requests... since it doesn't TELL us who & when they say yes, I just tracked the numbers now that we can do that easier... and many times I would have a # showing on the globe, but even the parts didn't increase!
Then other times, I have a 1 or 2 posted, but when I go to my game, I have like 10-15 new things... combo of messages, tips gifts, etc.
So I don't even bother to pay attention to the numbers... they never mean much for me anymore.

pastrychef17
10-03-11, 12:47 PM
I think the delay is intermittent. I've accepted parts requests sent "15 minutes ago" to "8 hours ago" or more and I've gone into the game more regularly than 8 hours ago. I went into the game this morning to tip my neighbors and accepted all materials requests then I went back a couple of hours later to find a materials request from "8 hours ago" that wasn't there before.

briguynv
10-03-11, 01:57 PM
Okay, so I was wrong... the incorrect globe messages are back again, guess it's not fixed. Late last night, I had one on my iphone and one on my touch, one was RS one was BS, don't remember which right this moment sorry. They disappeared after a few hours.
But now back on both devices again. On my touch I have another one. While in RS, Bakery has the "... Needs Paint! Help them now!" message, but when I go to BS, there are no requests. And on BS, the RS message says "... needs Metal Sheet! Help them now!" ... but again, I go there, and there's no message. On my iphone, in RS is says next to BS "... needs paint! Help them now!" but of course there are no requests in BS. In BS, the RS message also says "...Paint. Help..." but again, no requests. Also, yesterday I wondered to myself if I had already accepted requests from these people listed, and forgot... but today I made sure to pay attention. I accepted a couple on my touch, but not those names. And on my iphone, I haven't accepted ANY requests yet since I got up. So I don't get it, where these msgs are coming from... or if they are real, why aren't I getting the requests?!
And for the ones that I see on the globe messages, I pay attention to the names, and they NEVER show up, not even 8 hours later.

Pastrychef17.... I'm not sure what you mean... I've never experienced what you are describing. The only delay I've had is when I send out requests, sometimes they don't show up for a few hours... but when they DO show up, they show up as JUST having been sent that minute... they don't SAY they were sent hours ago. If they show a time at all, it's like "1 min ago" or something short like that... even though I sent it 2-4 hours earlier. So yours is a very different issue and sounds like another strange bug as well.

briguynv
10-03-11, 06:17 PM
Update... I've now experienced Pastrychef's issue... after not having any requests for some time... all of a sudden, one of the ones I'd been getting notices on the globe for finally showed up, and said "5 hours ago"... but it most certainly had NOT been there for 5 hours. Very strange!!

pastrychef17
10-03-11, 07:52 PM
I think the TL clocks are a little messed up for some reason. I bought an appliance and sent out materials requests on Friday night. Got all the parts, built the appliance on Saturday. Didn't do anything with constructibles on Sunday. Tonight (more than 24 hours later), I bought another constructible and sent out materials requests. Got a message from a neighbor saying they couldn't accept the request because I was maxed out. I'm guessing the only way I could be maxed out for materials requests is if it counted parts sent to me well after I had already built the Saturday appliance. But the weird thing is I only needed one type of part for that Saturday appliance so I was careful to only send out requests to 20 neighbors so I wouldn't be maxed out for more than a day. So either the time delay of when I sent out the requests from the first appliances spilled over into the time period for the second appliance or.... I don't know.

briguynv
10-04-11, 12:01 AM
lol I don't know if there is a rational explanation... the easy way to describe it is... it's just ALL messed up! lol
Gifting, parts, requests, messages on the globe menu, the collectibles progress bar not working... I could go on & on with the bugs it seems. And none seem to have very rational, explanations! haha It's all jumbled up!