PDA

View Full Version : Gift All....gray out visit button

flipchick
09-28-11, 06:04 PM
Just 2 things to suggest....didnt see any mention in posts that Ive scanned....

#1 When you send a gift to your neighbors....an option at the top to "send to all" would be great so that all the checkboxes are selected at once!!

#2 Along the same line of thinking, after you gift your neighbors, the "gift" button gets lightened so you know you've done it. Yet, right next to it....there is a "visit" button that doesnt gray our once you've visited that neighbor for the day. Its a pain to be going in & out of neighboring bakeries to realize you had already been there and left tips. It would be great if the visit button would change color like a visited link does!

pinkster73
09-28-11, 06:13 PM
Excellent ideas for all the games, not only bakery. I'm constantly forgetting where I left off watering my list of neighbors on farm.

MommieNC
09-28-11, 06:16 PM
#1: I totally agree! That would really enhance the usability factor! Currently Bakery Story is beginning to feel a lot like work...

#2: Also a great idea! I recently posted a suggestion about what a pain it is to have to continually scroll down your neighbor list during the daily tip-out, and how great it would be if they could fix it so the neighbor list remembered your position. A greyed out visit button would help you remember where you left off, and would be a great enhancement to the game's usability. Sounds like it might be easy to do, too. Although I'm not a programmer!

Yarox
09-28-11, 06:24 PM
Amazing ideas, Lets hope TL is reading this :P

RoseMiti
09-28-11, 06:46 PM
In which situation would the visit button fade? When you visit or when you water/tip/like, etc?
What if you visit and there's no free spot? Do you try to return later or do you visit your neighbour only once?
What if there are less spots than the amount of waterings, tips, likings, dancings, etc? Again, do you try to return later or it's only one visit per day?

In my opinion, either ways have pros and cons. If you do one visit per day, the faded button is fine. If you try to return later, it's the reversed situation of what we have now.

Yarox
09-28-11, 06:54 PM
In which situation would the visit button fade? When you visit or when you water/tip/like, etc?
What if you visit and there's no free spot? Do you try to return later or do you visit your neighbour only once?
What if there are less spots than the amount of waterings, tips, likings, dancings, etc? Again, do you try to return later or it's only one visit per day?

In my opinion, either ways have pros and cons. If you do one visit per day, the faded button is fine. If you try to return later, it's the reversed situation of what we have now.

It would be great if the visit button would change color like a visited link does!

Thats the answer there.. the visit button would just change color like a Link on your internet browser.
of course you could visit as many times as you want, but now you would know you already have been there.

RoseMiti
09-28-11, 07:25 PM
OK then. I can see the benefits of fading or changing the colour of the button. And for me it's indifferent whether it's green or grey.

nmishii
09-28-11, 07:33 PM
I would rather the Visit button show the number of tips/water/etc remaining. Then you can see if you need to go back and visit the neighbor if they were full or partially full the first time.

MommieNC
09-29-11, 04:51 AM
In my enthusiasm for the greyed out visit button (am CONSTANTLY losing track of where I am in my list while tipping out for the day), I forgot about this! If the visit button is greyed out, it stops working! You can only visit a neighbor ONCE. Drat! And it seemed like such a straightforward solution at first. :) The next post has a great solution … the link changes color once it's used.

flipchick
09-29-11, 08:31 PM
If the visit button is greyed out, it stops working! You can only visit a neighbor ONCE. Drat! And it seemed like such a straightforward solution at first. :) The next post has a great solution … the link changes color once it's used.
Im thinking thats just a matter of programming. In regular html, you can utilize different colors or images to indicate a visited link....and there are no restrictions there that stop you from visiting that site again. Hopefully the "story" games can eventually incorporate something like that!