PDA

View Full Version : Collectibles

nanaj0707
09-27-11, 12:53 PM
In Farm Story they keep flashing in the lower left corner. What is the purpose and how do we get them and what do we do with them. I love the game but hate that there are never any directions.!

nanaj0707

kooky panda
09-27-11, 12:54 PM
Someone just told me about these. They were collecting them then the button and items disappeared. I am guessing a new thing coming out soon?

Rachael98
09-27-11, 12:54 PM
Kooky says it's probably a new feature:).

Rachael98
09-27-11, 12:55 PM

Haha, lol:p!

I hope it comes out soon:D!

kooky panda
09-27-11, 01:03 PM
nope I did not say it was a new feature, I am guessing it may be something new.:D

pinkster73
09-27-11, 01:11 PM
For Android too?

GroupMagma
09-27-11, 01:29 PM
Can you take a screenshot of this in-game and post it here?

sissy8
09-27-11, 01:50 PM
it must be the full automic plow or not magma:o:o

sara7567
09-27-11, 01:53 PM
Hi. I had the same thing happen during watering my neighbors crops last night
Then it was gone again after about an hour.

Rachael98
09-27-11, 02:38 PM
nope I did not say it was a new feature, I am guessing it may be something new.:D

"Kooky says it's probably..."
So...you're guessing-probably:p.

Can you take a screenshot of this in-game and post it here?

Does that mean that you don't know what this is:confused:?

nanaj0707
09-27-11, 03:37 PM
I just went into Farm Story to check my plants and now my Collectibles are missing!! What is going on? Does anyone know? A while ago I tried to take a photo but it just flashes momentarily when you water another farm. It disappears too quickly to get a picture.????

Hawaiianmomma
09-27-11, 03:41 PM
nana what you using? An idevice or android?

GroupMagma
09-27-11, 03:48 PM
"Kooky says it's probably..."
So...you're guessing-probably:p.

Those two do not have the same meaning. Please don't presume comments like that - I don't want other posters getting the wrong idea about what is or isn't coming out in game.

As for the feature, I would need to know how it's being displayed in-game before I can identify it, or have engineering fix it.

Rachael98
09-27-11, 03:52 PM
Those two do not have the same meaning. Please don't presume comments like that - I don't want other posters getting the wrong idea about what is or isn't coming out in game.

As for the feature, I would need to know how it's being displayed in-game before I can identify it, or have engineering fix it.

Apologies:(. But thank you...

nmishii
09-27-11, 06:03 PM
What is a "collectable?" Is it part of the badges or something else? I have neither.

pinkster73
09-27-11, 06:26 PM
What is a "collectable?" Is it part of the badges or something else? I have neither.

Oh nmishii you're Android like me right? So I'm guessing we will get neither.

nmishii
09-27-11, 06:53 PM
Oh nmishii you're Android like me right? So I'm guessing we will get neither.

Ok, collectables are something for idevice only. Got it.

But at least you got ghost flowers :D:D:D

pinkster73
09-27-11, 07:07 PM
Ok, collectables are something for idevice only. Got it.

But at least you got ghost flowers :D:D:D

The ghost flowers are too small and ugly, and I'm just guessing about the collectibles being only for idevice first. But you know the best indicator of future behavior is past behavior.

MrsShrek
09-27-11, 09:48 PM
I also had them for about 10 minutes. In addition to it flashing out from the home button on the bottom left hand corner, when I went to home to bring up my profile, there were 6 buttons. Profile, Social, Invite, Settings, Help, & Collectibles. It was a pretty blue/purple button. I opened it and found a long list of things. Longer then the list of badges. Each row had 4 items to collect. Some items it showed I had collected already. Then, there was a Redeem button with something beside it on each row. Each row had something different next to it to redeem. Only thing I remember is one of them was a gnome.

It seems like it only flashed out when watering a neighbor's crop once in a while. Kind of like I was finding something in their crop while watering. Was tempted to 'redeem' something, but wanted to find out more. Came to the forum to see if there was an announcement. Even searched, but did not find anything.

Went back to my farm & it had all disappeared. The pretty button was gone & everything.

Glad to find out someone else had seen it. ;-). Looked very interesting! Hope it is something coming soon! ;-)

nmishii
09-27-11, 09:51 PM
MrsShrek, thanks for the descrition, it was very helpful. Will wait for its release.

MrsShrek
09-27-11, 09:53 PM
BTW, this was in Farm Story - iPad Eddition.

MrsShrek
09-27-11, 09:55 PM
MrsShrek, thanks for the descrition, it was very helpful. Will wait for its release.

You are welcome. However, I do not know if it is something that is going to be released. Just hoping as it was fun while it lasted.

epiphany
09-28-11, 02:30 AM
managed to catch a Pad (running FS v1.7.8) screenshot before TL called in the pest control.

grasshopper & spiders
http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m551/gazeboo/IMG_0654.png

there was also butterflies & proboably some other stuff flashing & bouncing before i realised whhat was happening. Didn' t get a shot of the 'collectibles' inventory though

pinkster73
09-28-11, 07:15 AM
managed to catch a Pad (running FS v1.7.8) screenshot before TL called in the pest control.

grasshopper & spiders
http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m551/gazeboo/IMG_0654.png

there was also butterflies & proboably some other stuff flashing & bouncing before i realised whhat was happening. Didn' t get a shot of the 'collectibles' inventory though

Ooooh interesting!

MrsShrek
09-28-11, 07:20 AM

grasshopper & spiders

Great Job & fast thinking!

nanaj0707
09-28-11, 07:42 AM
I am using an IPad.

Yarox
09-28-11, 11:31 AM
Wow great screenshot ! Looking forward to see what this will be.

GroupMagma
09-28-11, 11:46 AM
I'll post more information about these pesky critters as soon as I'm able. But nice screenshot! :)

kooky panda
09-28-11, 12:12 PM
I wonder if in the next update if we get a can of raid???? lol

Rachael98
09-28-11, 12:35 PM
I'll post more information about these pesky critters as soon as I'm able. But nice screenshot! :)

Thank you;). I have to admit, that's what I call thinking on your feet...or wings as it may be in this case:p.

rjwitt73
09-30-11, 10:19 AM
I was quite excited to see the collectibles as I was watering other farms. It kept flashing in, and out for me too, and then within the hour it was gone. I do remember the first line was bugs, and you could trade for coins. The second line could be traded for a rack of tools, and there was another line for coins, a line for a cowboy on a horse with a lasso, a barn with a tractor in it, and I can't remember anything else..lol

iPhone version, and not sure which version. dont know how to tell

MrsShrek
09-30-11, 07:53 PM
iPhone version, and not sure which version. dont know how to tell

Go to your main menu then Help/FAQ. At the bottom of that screen it tells the version.