PDA

View Full Version : Expansion Glitch

zoeledge
09-24-11, 02:51 PM
App: Restaurant Story
Devise: iPhone 4

I had just started restaurant story and There was an option given that if I make 20 friends, I can then expand my restaurant. I then added 20 friends, so I could expand and as soon as I added my 20th friend, the option to expand disappeared.

This was either an error in the program, and if so, the bug needs to be fixed. However, if this was a way for the program creators to convince customers to gain restaurant friends and then once we have them, deletes the option, it is false advertising and I am really disappointed in the program. Please explain.

greygull
09-24-11, 03:02 PM
It's not a bug. When you reach x number of neighbors, then it unlocks the option to expand using coins. The gems option is always available, but the non gem options are both neighbors and coins. In some of the other TL games, it shows that both are needed, but in RS (and I think Bakery as well) it only shows the neighbors first, then the coins.

zoeledge
09-24-11, 03:05 PM
The coin expansion option was always there... So why put the "get 20 friends and expand" option there if when you get the '20 friends' it takes the option off? It's dishonest.

greygull
09-24-11, 03:08 PM
There was three options total (one for gems, one for coins, and one for neighbors?)? That sounds like a display glitch. I'll send a report over about it.

In the mean time, can you also provide your device version and game version?

zoeledge
09-24-11, 03:14 PM
Ok, I will restart my iPhone 4, I will delete and reinstall the app and see if that then gives me the option to expand using friends.

Rachael98
09-24-11, 03:33 PM
Ok, I will restart my iPhone 4, I will delete and reinstall the app and see if that then gives me the option to expand using friends.

You should have:

Expand with gems
Need x neighbors to expand OR x coins to expand

If you have all three, there's a problem. If you just have two of the three, it's like that

kooky panda
09-24-11, 03:51 PM
You should only have two options for each level. Here is a pic from farm story

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/ef54db6d.jpg

greygull
09-24-11, 05:02 PM
I'm maxed on RS - but here's how it looks in Bakery

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l581/Greygull42/a8439fc3.jpg

I have enough neighbors for the 13x16 expansion, so it shows how many coins are needed. I don't have enough neighbors for the 14x17 one, so the coin option isn't visible until I reach that number. After reaching 15 neighbors, it will change over to how the 13x16 looks (coins needed).

Rachael98
09-24-11, 05:08 PM
I'm maxed on RS - but here's how it looks in Bakery

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l581/Greygull42/a8439fc3.jpg

I have enough neighbors for the 13x16 expansion, so it shows how many coins are needed. I don't have enough neighbors for the 14x17 one, so the coin option isn't visible until I reach that number. After reaching 15 neighbors, it will change over to how the 13x16 looks (coins needed).

Perfect example:D.

zoeledge
09-25-11, 06:29 AM
Yep, thanks so much for that. I totally understand, but at the end of the day, I still think it's dishonest and they should write "expand 13 x 16" 20 neighbors + 100 000 coins. Does that mean if I get 40 gems and think I can expand, it will then change it to 1 million coins? It's pretty misleading.

greygull
09-25-11, 09:35 AM
I think the layout for Farm (shown above) where it's shows both parts, not neighbors THEN coins, is easier for people to understand. I'm guessing that since the display is different (Farm gets the pop up for those in the middle of the screen, where RS and BS gets a strip on the bottom), there isn't enough room to show both.

If you do chose to expand with gems, it will just expand, not change to something else. My personal suggestion - don't use the gems for it. Save them for decorations or other things you want, and use the neighbors/coins to expand.

armymom2010
10-16-11, 07:53 PM
I could not agree more, it should state "expand 13x16" 20 neighbors AND 100,000 coins. My daughter and I are both playing RS and BS and have been disappointed when we reach the required number of neighbors and can not expand! It is VERY misleading.

Rachael98
10-16-11, 11:27 PM
I could not agree more, it should state "expand 13x16" 20 neighbors AND 100,000 coins. My daughter and I are both playing RS and BS and have been disappointed when we reach the required number of neighbors and can not expand! It is VERY misleading.

Ages ago, I think Norman posted that it was a display issue.

starstar2
10-17-11, 08:15 AM
If getting neighbours to expand, is way too easy.
Fortunately still can expand with coins.