PDA

View Full Version : Sorry! The application Bakery Story has stopped unexpectedly..."

BrownieMead
09-22-11, 07:20 PM
24 hrs ago I started getting a message when attempting to collect my Bakery Story gifts that reads, "Sorry! The application Bakery Story has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." and then I'm required to "force close" the app. I've been using this game on my Droid since May and haven't had this problem before. Any ideas?

joyirene
09-22-11, 07:24 PM
Uh oh.... Maybe another overlooked issue after the new maintenance? That happens to me on my Android phone but with weather and things because I have no games on it. They did do maintenance on gifts yesterday... And it's seemed to create quite a few problems :(

kooky panda
09-22-11, 07:28 PM
Make sure you restart our device. Are you able to get back into the game? If so and it happens again try deleting the game and redownloading from the app store.
There was a issue yesterday for older devices, that has been fixed. They could not even open the game.
If still problems, make sure that you have the most current version for your android device.

Let us know if you still have problems.

Also if you are playing valentine version for Bakery, you will need to download the reqular version.
The valentine version is being discontinued.

BrownieMead
09-22-11, 07:30 PM
So I can Uninstall and Reinstall and remain at the level of play that I'm currently at in the game?

kooky panda
09-22-11, 07:33 PM
yes your game is saved on Team Lavas servers you will come back to where you left off.

I know it is scary, but I have done this numerous times, when I have had some issues.:p

joyirene
09-22-11, 07:34 PM
You won't lose any of your progress if you delete and reinstall :) It's actually impossible to start over unless you're on a new device and don't transfer your game over...

BrownieMead
09-22-11, 07:36 PM
Thank goodness! Thanks for the help. :)

nmishii
09-22-11, 07:38 PM
I tried to accept a neighbor's part request on Restaurant Story last night and got the same message on Android. I reported it but was told the problem was fixed, even though I had the problem after it was posted that the problem was fixed. I didn't have that problem today.

Things are still messed up after yesterday's maintenance about 2:30 pm PDT. If you haven't restarted your phone, try that. I had restarted by phone between yesterday when I had the problem and today when I didn't. If that doesn't work, there are threads here on where to post your problem. I'm not sure where the one is for your problem, but a moderator will come around and tell you where to post your problem.

Here's a related thread:
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?17915-Unable-to-accept-material-requests-again&p=138983#post138983

nmishii
09-22-11, 07:39 PM
oh, ignore my post. I started it, took a short break, and its worthless now.

PurpleIvy
09-23-11, 10:13 PM
I too get that message and then force close everytime i play bakery and it's also randomly happening in fashion and restaurant....android user gingerbread and most recent versions if games...i've tried restarting device and also uninstalling and reinstalling but the problem is getting worse not better! Now everytime i try to play ANY tl story my screen is black for a minute or two and then it comes on, but my menu and design buttons are invisible!!! They are still there cause when i push the empty space where they should be it does bring up design menu or social/messages, etc menu...i just cant see them...very weird....and i have 2 android devices with stories on each and it's happening on both of them!!!

nmishii
09-23-11, 10:33 PM
My RS and BS seem to be taking longer to start up than it used to since the maintenance, but I don't have your issues.

Try moving one or more of them to your SD card. I have RS and BS on my SD card but not Farm Story. It'll take a little longer for you to be able to get into them - it'll start off with the Android icon and then when ready change to the game icon.

Settings => Applications => Manage applications => <game>
Then tap on the "Move to SD card" button

PurpleIvy
09-23-11, 11:07 PM
My RS and BS seem to be taking longer to start up than it used to since the maintenance, but I don't have your issues.

Try moving one or more of them to your SD card. I have RS and BS on my SD card but not Farm Story. It'll take a little longer for you to be able to get into them - it'll start off with the Android icon and then when ready change to the game icon.

Settings => Applications => Manage applications => <game>
Then tap on the "Move to SD card" button

I already have all my story games saved on my sd card on both phones...i really thought uninstalling and reinstalling would help..but it didn't...i'm keeping a closer eye on how often this is occurring on each game...maybe it will help if i find some pattern happening on two devices...

annisajasmine2005
04-01-15, 05:20 PM
My bakery story could not be open,being force close everytime I try to open it. Already clear the cache and also data but still can not open. Uninstall it an download it again from playstore but still wont open....aaarrrrrggghhh
Would you guys fix this....:-) :-) :-) :-)