PDA

View Full Version : Do you play forum games?

joyirene
09-21-11, 06:39 PM
Just figured I'd make a poll on this. I wish more people would participate in the forum games :). Come play!

nmishii
09-21-11, 06:41 PM
Just started playing them almost a month ago and love them.

joyirene
09-21-11, 09:55 PM
Ok this is really depressing me. I feel like all the forum games are dead since we have to wait for 4 posts. I completely understand the rule, but it seems like everyone just stopped playing!

nmishii
09-21-11, 10:38 PM
I agree. It got slower and slower, and tonight was a slow night.

silver_dew
09-22-11, 01:07 AM
Ok this is really depressing me. I feel like all the forum games are dead since we have to wait for 4 posts. I completely understand the rule, but it seems like everyone just stopped playing!

Ur right joy . They have brought this Rule in to stop traffic in off topic .. Anyways it has ended up making the forums really boring . No other forum has this silly rule .. 2 different posters still made sense, but 4!! It's just ridiculous.

sterlingempire
09-22-11, 04:23 AM
I stopped playing after my favorite game was locked. :rolleyes:

Yarox
09-22-11, 08:30 AM
I love Forum games, but not all of them - I have my favorites ;)

Rachael98
09-22-11, 08:35 AM
Ur right joy . They have brought this Rule in to stop traffic in off topic .. Anyways it has ended up making the forums really boring . No other forum has this silly rule .. 2 different posters still made sense, but 4!! It's just ridiculous.

Personally, I thought that it was a good move. I want to try and help people. Fun is good, but when the whole WN page is flooded with forum games, it's difficult to find any TL-related threads where I can try to help!

redbites
09-22-11, 08:47 AM
I didn't really know which to choose because forum games are starting to get a bit boring:( not enough people play them because of the new rule

joyirene
09-22-11, 09:30 AM
It's just unfortunate that the only way to stop the forum games from flooding is to force people to stop playing.

pinkster73
09-22-11, 10:02 AM
This forum has more rules then any other forum I've ever seen. They are doing a great job of making it an unenjoyable place to be. It appears to me that TL doesn't understand the difference between a "forum" and an "official website"

pinkster73
09-22-11, 10:04 AM
Oh no I wrote something that may not be liked! I'm sure it will magically be deleted shortly.

nmishii
09-22-11, 10:18 AM
pinkster: I wrote things far worse about TL and nothing was magically deleted, not even my user account.

joyirene
09-22-11, 10:21 AM
I agree. There are more rules here than on any other forum. When people have questions, they can go to the Bugs and Feedback section, and forum games don't flood the pages there. The people whose responsibility it is to answer those questions will find them.

dk16
09-22-11, 06:53 PM
Personally, I thought that it was a good move. I want to try and help people. Fun is good, but when the whole WN page is flooded with forum games, it's difficult to find any TL-related threads where I can try to help!

If you want to help people, you should go to the relevant forum sub division and look for the posts that need need help. Surely, if you are so eager to help ppl you can take that extra time to do it! Seriously , what's with these strict rules ?

nmishii
09-22-11, 07:15 PM

If you go back to the conventions like we had where games were preceded with an identifier, such as "Forum Games," then it is easy to tell which are games and which aren't. Some of the old games didn't have that identifier when they were created, and it would have been easy for someone to edit the title to add that in. I mean, someone took all the identifiers out recently, so it couldn't have been that much trouble.

The people playing the games don't only come here to play games. We have all seen posts come in and responded to them between games. Those people may not have been helped as soon as they were if it hadn't been for game players. Many times we are playing in the evening and late night in the US, when there are less people on the forum and those in the UK are sleeping.

joyirene
09-22-11, 07:21 PM
True, people playing forum games ALSO help in answering posts. When we go to check what's new? Forum games aren't the only thing that we go to.

trenae
09-24-11, 05:14 PM
Closed per thread creator's request.