PDA

View Full Version : A berry good update coming for Bakery Story

GroupMagma
09-21-11, 03:20 PM
The Cherry Cabinet!

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad218/NormantheFarmer/bakery_tease_cabinet.png

Pick up yours soon!

xokay
09-21-11, 03:21 PM
I love this.. I really don't want it to be a gift with purchase. I'll pay gems but I can't afford to buy gem packages right now :(

Miquilis
09-21-11, 03:47 PM
Looks lovely, I definitely want it and I'm happy to see we're moving away from the donut theme. Not that I don't like donuts but I wouldn't change my bakery theme just for the new items.

Also, I agree with xokay, I've been saving up gems from mastery and badges for awhile now so I won't mind if it's a gem item but I can't afford to buy gems just for it if it's a gift with purchase.

Would be awesome if it was a coins item though.

Rachael98
09-21-11, 03:47 PM
That's beautiful. I love it. Good words to designers:)

joyirene
09-21-11, 04:08 PM
Ooooh I really like that! The butterfly on the plant is so cute!

kooky panda
09-21-11, 04:17 PM
I like this one!! I agree Joy, love the butterfly!!

bigbux3
09-21-11, 04:19 PM
This is so cool!!! :)

Yarox
09-21-11, 05:12 PM
Looks really nice :)

pinkperry22
09-21-11, 05:47 PM
Aww berries 

bawpotter
09-21-11, 05:55 PM
Yeah, this one is really nice!

JoJosBakersDelite
09-21-11, 09:24 PM
This is great!!!! If it is a gift with purchase PLEASE make sure EVERYONE gets the offer! So many people didn't get the offer with the ice cream case, me included, and I really wanted it! i would really love to have this item too!!!! :)

MFAcct
09-21-11, 09:26 PM
I love it... But have no where to put it 

mimidori
09-21-11, 10:30 PM
I hope this isn't free gift with gem purchase. Why don't they push offers to everyone? How do they know those who get it will buy it? I got the icecream bar offer & I didn't want it. But THIS is too pretty!!! I'd go crazy if I didn't get the offer!!!

ilovecooper14
09-22-11, 12:23 AM
Oooh..! It's cute! I love the butterflies

elesia1
09-22-11, 03:41 AM
This is a really cute item and the color fits perfect with my theme.

briguynv
09-22-11, 04:26 AM
I'm sure it will just be another "free with purchase"... one more thing I won't get since I won't buy gems until they FIX gem spending. It's a shame, I know lots of people who feel the same... they could be selling LOTS more gems than they already are... but they would rather just leave things the way they are... shame.

This is cute... but not cute enough as a free gift with purchase.

kitty711
09-22-11, 08:56 AM
This is so pretty. I don't have any space for it either. oh well.

faerienuff
09-22-11, 09:10 AM
I'm guessing this will cost at least 15 gems :rolleyes:

quentinsmommy
09-22-11, 09:33 AM
[QUOTE=mimidori;139058]I hope this isn't free gift with gem purchase.QUOTE]

Me too! I really like it! It matches the color scheme of my bakery!:)

Eldin
09-22-11, 09:53 AM
This will be a "puchase gift item", im 90% sure.
If not, then it'll cost 40 Gems anyway, so you'll get screwed in both ways. ;)

Its a very nice item but like all those others extra nice items, [GM edited] expensive or Purchase Gift! Sorry fellas!
I wont believe anything else before I see it, and hopefully Im wrong, but I could almost set real money on this, anyway bet against me? ;)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

PS: Whatever this is a purchase item or not, STOP SHOWING THEM TO US, WE DON'T WANT TO GET HAPPY TO THEN GET SCREWED!

sourlicorice2
09-22-11, 09:55 AM
I love it.

elliejean
09-22-11, 10:11 AM
I like it, the butterfly adds a nice touch :)

GroupMagma
09-22-11, 10:38 AM
This will be a "puchase gift item", im 90% sure.
If not, then it'll cost 40 Gems anyway, so you'll get screwed in both ways. ;)

Its a very nice item but like all those others extra nice items, [GM edited] expensive or Purchase Gift! Sorry fellas!
I wont believe anything else before I see it, and hopefully Im wrong, but I could almost set real money on this, anyway bet against me? ;)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

PS: Whatever this is a purchase item or not, STOP SHOWING THEM TO US, WE DON'T WANT TO GET HAPPY TO THEN GET SCREWED!

So, if Lexus shows off their new product, and you're unwilling to buy it, is Lexus doing you a disservice?

I'm sorry you disagree with the methods in which new content is displayed (much of which is for Coins), but I don't feel I'm actively doing any harm. At least not intentionally.

joyirene
09-22-11, 10:43 AM
Whether we spend money on the game or not, it's nice to see what new items are coming out :) Even when I can't afford them, they're still nice to look at in other people's bakeries...

sourlicorice2
09-22-11, 10:50 AM
I agree with GroupMagma (he's not doing anyone any one any harm) and joyirene. I like seeing the next items coming out. And if you r not new to the forum then most people already know they may be for gems. I plan on getting this one when it comes out whether it's for gems or coins.

Yarox
09-22-11, 11:24 AM
... I'm sorry you disagree with the methods in which new content is displayed (much of which is for Coins), but I don't feel I'm actively doing any harm. At least not intentionally.

Whether we spend money on the game or not, it's nice to see what new items are coming out :) Even when I can't afford them, they're still nice to look at in other people's bakeries...

I agree with GroupMagma (he's not doing anyone any one any harm) and joyirene. I like seeing the next items coming out...

Second this, I could not have said it better.
I look forward to this new stuff previews :)
Keep them coming..!! :D

jaid666
09-22-11, 01:11 PM
So, if Lexus shows off their new product, and you're unwilling to buy it, is Lexus doing you a disservice?

I'm sorry you disagree with the methods in which new content is displayed (much of which is for Coins), but I don't feel I'm actively doing any harm. At least not intentionally.

The previews and teasers are cool because we can get an idea of what's coming up, but when are most of the teasers for coin items? As eldin pointed out, much of what's been previewed across the stories has been made available for gems or as limited time rewards for gem package purchases.

briguynv
09-22-11, 02:40 PM

I agree that it's okay to show off new items, and that's certainly not a 'disservice' just to advertise it to us... what IS a disservice is how they are 'sold' when they are "free with gem purchase"... you compared Lexus... but if I BUY a Lexus, I know what I'm getting... A Lexus... and they aren't gonna come sneak back in the middle of the night and take out parts... the radio, seats, etc, they aren't gonna siphon the gas, etc... I get to keep ALL of it.
On the other hand, if I have to buy GEMS to get this, the GAME does and very likely WILL "sneak" in and TAKE back multiple gems, happens all the time, even when I've clicked NOWHERE near a buy/accept button, and even when going EXTREMELY slow and clicking once every 5-10 seconds (because I've learned that MANY times, I can click ONCE and AFTER I click, after I remove my finger, THEN a pop up appears and it acts as if I clicked the pop up... even tho my click was PRIOR to the pop up but it reacts as if it happened after the pop up... like a delayed reaction... ridiculous)!! So there IS a difference in the SALE aspect.

I have no problem with "showing" it to us... advertising it if you will... I DO however disagree with the "sale" aspect of the free with purchase items. I think it should just BE for sale in the game, whether it's gems or coins... I wouldn't even mind if it's free with purchase at FIRST... but then a month or two later or even 4-5 months later, make it available to ANYONE with COINS... even if it's 500k or 1mil coins. There are plenty of other items that sell for gems.

HOWEVER I also believe the "advertisement" you put up should WARN us what KIND of sale it is. Lexus doesn't advertise a new car, then when you go down to buy it, you then find out "oh, sorry, you can't buy this... this Lexus is ONLY a free gift when you buy this airplane!" So when you show us the teaser, it should inform us whether it will be an IN GAME purchase (you don't have to say coin or gem, just knowing it will be in game should be enough), or a free with gem purchase... that way people know whether to be excited or disappointed! I believe that's what some people meant... it's the hoping it's an in-game, then learning it's not that upsets them. You say lots have been coins... but just what I've noticed, and many others have seen many, many of these teasers are 'free with gem purchase'... maybe that's not accurate, but when there are so many of those, they tend to blur out the in game purchase ones I guess... I believe I've seen many more teasers for free with gem than I've seen in-game (not counting recipes of course!)

Just my thoughts on this subject! :-D

Rachael98
09-22-11, 02:52 PM
Sorry, I'm siding with GM. TL are not doing anyone a disservice, nor any harm. I personally like the wondering what type of purchase it will be:).
I like it, that's my opinion.

Hawaiianmomma
09-22-11, 02:53 PM
Lol........please no disclaimers on my toys.......lol......

Hawaiianmomma
09-22-11, 02:56 PM
Toys for Thoughts....maybe an occasional label stating "Free with Purchase This Week Only" AD won't hurt......

Rachael98
09-22-11, 02:57 PM
Toys for Thoughts....maybe an occasional label stating "Free with Purchase This Week Only" AD won't hurt......

I still like the mystery:). Sorry...not helping here am I:p?

Hawaiianmomma
09-22-11, 03:03 PM
Lol.....Perpetual Enthusiast......

briguynv
09-22-11, 03:05 PM
I still don't think it's a "disservice"... that's not a word I would use. I just think at times it's disappointing to lots of players.

Hawaiianmomma
09-23-11, 12:19 AM
I still don't think it's a "disservice"... that's not a word I would use. I just think at times it's disappointing to lots of players.
Many look forward to the weekly updates....both coin and gemit would be more Beneficial to All to be more "Precise in Advertising" at times and also keep a "Call of Alluring" also....as new material becomes more available maybe also new approaches in content product marketing will emerge.....We will all have to see what direction the CEO will be taking to cement His Company's Stability in this ever changing world.....At most Someone or the Majority will disclose Pleasure or disappointment with each passing design....we will either buy or not

So in that Briguynv You Are Correct in Your Projections......Preparations for any Consumer to Schedule a Possible Cash Purchase in a Strigent Economy Is Very Ideal....General Consensus in Marketing.....Giving People Time with clear sales ads to choose from a mass market of gaming companies and the possible treats that can be acquired with them.....I'm hoping this piece is an instore item....it gives everyone the opportunity for ownership.....and keeps clique elitism at bay.....

Hawaiianmomma
09-23-11, 12:21 AM
But please for the love of my sanity do not put disclaimers on all my toys......lol

ladyjane217
09-23-11, 11:25 AM
Hold on. I've checked e every day for.sales and extra items that come with gems and I've seen nothing. But the ice cream freezer was already out?

ladyjane217
09-23-11, 11:26 AM
And the badges are out too?

Eldin
09-23-11, 11:31 AM

You could atleast tell that it is a purchase item so we don't get dissapointed as I believe the most people don't buy it.
(Its however a great idea to earn more money and the items are awsome, but I no longer get that excited when I see those items as I probally will get dissapointed)
Its a tip, I just believe it kinda in a way makes alittle more harm then good when you are showing us what to come, as it really wont come...
(The "problem" is that its a free game and we all want free and gem items, but showing us what to come IF we pay alot of money is just wrong)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

sweetiana
09-23-11, 12:03 PM
Has anyone got these updates yet? I see the pop up for the picnic basket that says items such as apple pyramid, macaw cage and duck fountain and saw the recipe for blueberry sconce and new donut. thank you (if you have one, can you pls post pics).

JoJosBakersDelite
09-23-11, 12:06 PM
I like the teasers, I like the mystery as well. Was kind of bummed this week though as I was really excited for the Halloween items! I had them for a little while in Restaurant last night! :) :( but these new items out today in new boxes are nice. I love the Sundae couch which is the actual free item w/purchase for bakery. The Cherry Cabinet is in the new Picinic Basket. So far some really cool items in there! I will redecorate with new items, get everything just right, just in time for the Halloween stuff to come out lol!!!!
To Eldin, all the teasers say coming soon. They don't say they are coming Friday. They are just to give us something to look forward to.

27Redd
09-23-11, 10:43 PM
Does anyone have a picture of the Duck Pond in the Bakery?

puddinggow
09-24-11, 12:39 AM
I got 2 heart bushes, 2 butterfly cans, 1 butterfly basket, 1 bird house and 1 lemon table but no cherry cabinet. I have spent almost all my gems but can't get above a 3rd place item in the picnic basket. I am obsessed with getting the cherry cabinet, I need someone to shake me or slap me to wake me from this compulsion!

sofiarose10
09-24-11, 08:09 AM
Duck Fountain
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l587/Sofia-Rose/bf22668f.jpg

JoJosBakersDelite
09-24-11, 01:21 PM
I like these new items for bakery and they would be perfect, IF I had an outdoor bakery! I have never walked into a bakery and seen a huge duck pond, butterfly birds etc. They are great items but wish we would get items that actually went in a bakery. OR an outdoor/patio area! TL what do you think? Please create an outdoor area for these wonderful items! Thanks!!!

Eldin
09-24-11, 03:37 PM
Outdoor part would be perfect. Like an "Addon" to your normal bakery? :)
It could just be pushed when you make your bakery bigger aswell as making that bigger (at a limited max possibility)
Nice items and I love that you are making those updates, but the most items in this pac wont make it into my style and as I don't have an outdoor place.

/Eldin

joyirene
09-24-11, 10:04 PM
An outdoor area would be awesome! It could be another expansion (for coins)

sourlicorice2
09-25-11, 07:06 AM
Bummed about the cherry cabinet being in the mystery box but I knew that was a possibility. Was hoping though it would be a free gift item or a purchase with gems even. Ah well, that's the way the ball bounces. Keep the teasers coming though. I like to know what new things are coming out :-)

redbobcat
09-26-11, 08:41 AM
I am so broke... Lol. Don't tell my husband.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb35/shybobcat/iPad%20Screenshots/eeaa43d3.jpg

Rachael98
09-26-11, 09:03 AM
I am so broke... Lol. Don't tell my husband.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb35/shybobcat/iPad%20Screenshots/eeaa43d3.jpg

Ah, who cares if your bank account's a mess? It looks fabulous.

Hawaiianmomma
09-26-11, 08:10 PM
I can't wait for my update to arrive tomorrow...it all looks so Sweet

designsbybriana
09-27-11, 03:43 PM
Can anyone tell me what levels the prizes in the picnic box are please??

Rachael98
09-27-11, 03:57 PM

You can look at this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18095-The-NICE-and-(MOSTLY)-ACCURATE-Resource-for-the-Special-Boxes-Bakery-Story).

kooky panda
09-27-11, 04:15 PM
the bakery master list is not complete for the new picnic boxes yet:
here are the ones I know:

Butterfly basket- 4th
Bird house 3rd
Butterfly can 4th
Lemon Tray 4th
Heart Bush 3rd
Macaw Cage 2nd
Duck Fountain 1st

kitty711
09-28-11, 12:17 PM
I got the bird house. My Mom would like it lol

judy89118
09-28-11, 02:10 PM
I really like this Picnic Basket. Most of the items are very cute! The boxes I tried before only gave me dud items that now sit in storage. I would try more of these if they were as good as this one.

Rachael98
09-28-11, 02:25 PM
I really like this Picnic Basket. Most of the items are very cute! The boxes I tried before only gave me dud items that now sit in storage. I would try more of these if they were as good as this one.

That's good:); I agree, they're nice.

designsbybriana
09-30-11, 08:33 AM
Rachael - Thanks. It wasn't in there yet and I'm helping Phthon put the list together. We are collaborating.

Kookie - Thank you. I was able to fix the list I had with your help. I appreciate it :)

Bakery and Restaurant Story id: designsbybriana
Visit my Bakery and Restaurant Story tutorial at http://rbtutorial.blogspot.com