PDA

View Full Version : Gem/box Rip Off!

sheena007
09-20-11, 09:18 AM
I feel so ripped off, I spent over hundreds of $dollars$ trying to get the "Artistic Fountain". Instead all I got was:

6 (ugly) Quad Sofa's
14 Groovy Mannequin's
1 Groovy Display
6 Pink Ottomen's!

Who needs 14 stinkin' mannequins?! Team Lava makes it way too difficult to get the 1st prize items!
Darn you Team Lava for taking advantage of gullible cyber shopaholics!

talyon
09-20-11, 10:23 AM
Been there done that, I don't play the boxes much anymore. Plenty of other items for me to choose to buy now.

joyirene
09-20-11, 10:56 AM
That's horrible...

Rachael98
09-20-11, 10:56 AM
:eek:...ouch. Did you buy all these at the same time? Because apparently closing then restarting the game makes duplicates less likely:).

sheena007
09-20-11, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I tried that. Shut down my iPhone and restarted, and I also heard from another user that if you purchase the gems on sale, then to wait a day later and my chances would improve. But nothing. I was just being crazy spending all that money. Lesson learned.

joyirene
09-20-11, 11:46 AM
I really want a fountain... And I've only ever seen that artistic fountain once. I wish I was playing when the Aquarius fountain was offered. My loss I guess.

pinkperry22
09-20-11, 02:51 PM
Wow that is really bad I tried to get the horse carriage so I opened the 8 boxes but didn't get
But I got other things I wanted and only got 1 duplicate (bride manequean)
But in your case ouch >< but the artistic fountain I only saw 2 ppl has it
Maybe it depends on luck
Cuz once I saw someone who had 3 horse carriages lol

honestfish
09-20-11, 03:49 PM
You realize first place is 1% chance unless you are extremely lucky you need around 1000-2000 gems for first place.

dalula
09-20-11, 04:12 PM
wow... i have tough luck with the groovy box too so i gave up and tried magic box. had more luck with that one. im jealous of my nbr. tried only 3 times and got an artistic fountain. >.< ya maybe you should have waited a while. for example one box a week. im not sure if this will work, but maybe you tap the box and then you go do something else (in real life) that takes at least 1 min then come back and check on it. maybe my bad luck with the groovy box is that i keep staring at the screen when i open it LOL
honestfish, it all depends on luck. some people like my nbr are lucky(had 1st prize on faux and groovy... so lucky)

MFAcct
09-21-11, 11:38 AM
I've tried the groovy box about 20 times and ended up with the artistic on the last box out of the max amount of gems you can buy. I actually was trying for the display and didn't get it at all. But I opened one box for thefirst time on city and got a roller coaster. I don't think it has to do with the amount of gems you buy but I do think if you open consecutive boxes you have less of a chance of getting duplicates.

sheena007
09-21-11, 01:43 PM
I opened 43 groovy boxes, I don't even like the stuff from it. Just wanted that fountain.... Some ppl have no luck

Rachael98
09-21-11, 01:46 PM
I opened 43 groovy boxes, I don't even like the stuff from it. Just wanted that fountain.... Some ppl have no luck

43*24=1032 gems. Gosh...

joyirene
09-21-11, 02:33 PM
I want that fountain so bad but I'm not willing to risk it. In restaurant and bakery, all the items are nice so I don't mind buying boxes. But there's nothing I'd want from that box other than the fountain so it'd be a waste of money for me!

meggieprice
09-23-11, 11:33 PM
I am very new to the game and sort of fumbled my way- until I found this forum! I didn't even realize you could earn gems! (nor the thing about neighbors, gifts, any of it....) Anyway I got up my nerve and bought a groovy box only to receive a necklace for my avatar. Arghhhhh! I so wanted something for my store- since I Only just really got the idea of designing your store.... I hate having used 24 gems on that.

joyirene
09-25-11, 12:24 AM
Most of the things in the boxes are NOT worth 24 gems, let alone even 5 gems. Unfortunately, that's how they get you to waste your gems on items that otherwise no one would pay more than coins for. Some of them are amazing, but equally some of them are awful.

143Blue
09-25-11, 01:32 PM
tht really sucks but its ok my nbr has opened probly about 50 boxes JUST for the artistic fountain nevr came..... but she has lots of other stuff she spends probly 100s of dollars each mnth on this game NOt including her daugghter who also spends alot:( Its sad i think u and them deserve the fountain bcuz u already spent so much money.... yeah i hav no luck with the bboxes too:(

sw0914
11-02-11, 03:35 PM
Soooooo...what is the final consensus on this issue....I got three bridal mannequins in a row!!!! Very disappointing and spending slot of $$$$$.

andikita
11-06-11, 07:02 PM
i find that these box are a major rip off. i mean the fact that i spent 10$ on 24 gems and finally bought a faux fur box to get..... A FLOOR BLACK LIGHT?!? comon teamlava this is theft. hey, 24 gems for a floor light (thats even smaller than the ones in the store) when a normal one actually costs 3 gems...... all i can say is that you'll be losing customers with that.

143Blue
11-07-11, 04:47 PM
does the artistic fountaincome out of the groovy box??

kooky panda
11-07-11, 04:55 PM

yes it is the rare item (1% chance of getting it) out of the groovy box.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18097-The-NICE-and-(MOSTLY)-ACCURATE-Resource-for-the-Special-Boxes-Fashion-Story&p=142185&viewfull=1#post142185

Rachael98
11-07-11, 04:56 PM

Fashion Boxes Archive (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18097-The-NICE-and-(MOSTLY)-ACCURATE-Resource-for-the-Special-Boxes-Fashion-Story)

sugarcookie66
12-24-11, 04:31 PM
They got me to i didn't receive 3 items i bought from the magic box i contacted teamlava about them they said they would return my gems haven't seen them yet and It's been over a month ago.

kooky panda
12-24-11, 05:42 PM
They got me to i didn't receive 3 items i bought from the magic box i contacted teamlava about them they said they would return my gems haven't seen them yet and It's been over a month ago.
If you did not get back what support told you they would send back, reply back to the email they sent you and tell them that you did get gems back as they said you would.

mushroom79
12-25-11, 04:22 AM
I have never bought boxes and will never do so.

julia3032
12-25-11, 04:36 AM
I don't buy the boxes anymore because of last Christmas in City Story. All I wanted was a Christmas tree...got 5 duplicates in a row. They could disable duplicates if they wanted to, but they don't. I just don't buy boxes any more.

barleycoon
12-25-11, 05:07 AM
I don't buy the boxes anymore because of last Christmas in City Story. All I wanted was a Christmas tree...got 5 duplicates in a row. They could disable duplicates if they wanted to, but they don't. I just don't buy boxes any more.
I'm sorry, you've recieved so many duplicates.